Lisetonga Hostel Reviews

Rua Ary Barroso casa 15, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Really great atmosphere in a busy pacified favela. The staff are incredibly friendly, and the facilities are great: they have nice hammocks to relax in! A great base from which to explore Rio - if you can make it up/down the unforgiving hill to get to the hostel!

Nice stuff, fair deal!!!

Perfect for a budget stay in Rio. The cosiness and homely feel makes up for lack of luxury. Breakfast was great, wifi worked fine. The communal areas were cool. The walk up the hill is steep, but if you don't mind walking its fine. The beds have wierd plastic on them but I could live with it! All in all had a good experience and it was definitely good value.

Save area, close to Copacabana, great staff, views, breakfast.... Nothing else needed

• 15th Sep 2013
  • Spain

Had a great time at lisetonga hostel! Close enough to the beach, restaurants, and bars. Nice common areas. Great staff. Two for one happy hour on beers and caipirinhas. Only thing I'd stay away from the downstairs dorm named Corleone. It was nice and had plenty of space, just right beside reception and the bar made it always loud. Thanks guys!

A nice hostel in a nice neighbourhood. Good breakfast and nice rooms. The atnosphere was quite sleepy though but this could have been due to the rain and was a bit difficult to know who was staff. Thought they could have been a bit more forward in introducing themselves and making an effort...

Very very nice! This was my first hostel experience and it was extremely pleasant. The staff were wonderful and always helpful even when we did not speak the same language. I loved the building (my room had a balcony which I loved!) and the bathrooms were very nice. The location was great other than it was up such a steep hill, which was quite the climb, but of course that afforded very nice views. Overall a great experience. Would recommend to anybody!

• 23rd Jul 2013

Nice hostel, super clean, nice decor. Great lockers where you can put all your stuff in. Once i was far too late for breakfast and they made a special breakfast for me. Thanks for that. Only little negative point is that I had sometimes the feeling that they are working to many people at the hostel. It is not always clear who is working or busy with others personal things.

The neighborhood is not the best one in my opinion, even if it's near to Copacabana; the cleanliness is not horrible, but it could be better and I didn't feel really comfortable staying there. The staff are nice.

We really loved this hostel, it has a great balance of chilled out and fun, and is a brilliant place to meet cool people. The staff are very friendly and willing to help. It's comfortable, clean, and in a good location away from the tourist hubs of copacabana and ipanema, but also nearby and very accessible from all the main areas of the city. We had a really wonderful time here and would recommend it to anyone.

• 15th Jul 2013
  • alicegye7154

Great place to stay for hitting up the beach. The hostel is very clean, spacious with great facilities. It's about a 5 minute walk to Copacabana beach, shops, bars and restaurants. The police have officers posted directly in front of the hostel (and at the bottom of the hill) so security is no problem. The staff were extremely helpful and the breakfast was exceptionally good.

This was an amazing hostel, everyone was always happy to help and make you a caipirinha! The Lapa street party and the favela tour was definitely my highlight of the trip and the hostel helped sort and book both of them. Big cheers goes out to Julian and Luis for making a great last stay at the end of my RTW trip!

It was really a great Hostel with a good staff, little bit a party hostel, I normally don't like those hostels but this one was really nice. Good Facilities, nice breakfast and fast WIFI... these days people travel more like flashpackers so internet is important and this hostel is very good with that! If you have the chance to go to Rio, Lisetonga is the place to be! :-D

Awesome stuff, good breakfast, perfect bulding for a hostel, and comfortable beds! But you have to check the location because we did not, and when we realised it was in the favela we were scared. Then we realised its absolutelly secure, day and night, people going up there were never looking us in a bad way, so for me the location was an added value!

My first stay in a hostel couldn´t have gone any better. Everything was great; the staff were friendly and helpful and the place was clean and well-kept. The only negative and it´s only a slight negative, is the location. Walking uphill is a bit demanding. However, it won´t keep me from staying there again.

• 16th Jun 2013
  • El Salvador

The hostel is very good! Thanks to Angelica that made "caipirinhas" as I ever never drink before.

Lisetonga Hostel is a great place near Leme Beach. It’s also just a walk of about 10 minutes to get to Nossa Senhora de Copacabana (shopping) and to Copacabana Beach. Our room, Bratislava, was really great. The beds are comfortable and sheets were provided by the staff. The view from the balcony was also amazing. The staff was great. Very friendly guys and girls, helped us to find someplace to have dinner and let us print our boarding cards for our flight. We would definitively stay there again

• 5th Jun 2013
  • Portugal

100% PERFECT!

Fantastic Hostel

This place is a circus, you can not sleep at nights.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels