Lisetonga Hostel Reviews

Rua Ary Barroso casa 15, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I really enjoyed the hostel, no complaints. I would suggest this place and/or stay there again no worries. Thanks team!

• 6th Dec 2014

We had no water for the one night we we're here, but the staff knew about it straight away and gave us a full refund for the night, very apologic. It wasn't there fault, as the water was out in the whole area. The only bad thing about this hostel is it's right on top of a hill! Climbing up will get you very sweaty in the hot sun! But at the bottom, you were right on the beach and most transfers only picked you up from the hotel at the bottom of the hill!

Stayed for 5nights last week and had an amazing time! Wifi was tempremental but that wasn't an issue as they had a laptop for anybody to use if needed. Would love to go back here sometime! The staff and owners are very helpful and will happily organise and book anything you want.

Next to a very loud community center in the favela. Was blasting music until 2am on Sat. And by blasting, I mean my room was shaking like I was in a club. There was a sign on the door of the bedroom to ask for earplugs, but they didn't have any. The staff told me that "it's a favela" and there are no noise restrictions. I guess I shouldn't have been home at 1am on a Sat in Rio, but I was exhausted from traveling. This made it completely impossible to sleep. Everything else is good though.

This hostel is perfect. Located in a very cool area near Babylonia favela above Leme. Only criticism is that the wifi sucked.

Großer Pluspunkt Überzüge an den Matratzen, da wir schon einige Male Bekanntschaft mit fiesen Bedbugs gemacht haben begrüßen wir das sehr. Die Atmosphäre ist wirklich toll im Hostel, sehr chillig und ausgelassen. Legendäre Caipi Abende mit Rick,Valentina,Ivan und Pierre. Es ist kein Party Hostel es wird auf angenehme Lautstärke geachtet. Der steile Berg ist ein gutes Workout, wir sind schließlich in Rio ;) . Die Haushälterin ist grauenhaft, laut, unfreundlich und mürrisch. Insgesamt: SUPER!

WiFi was down for part of my stay, but other than that the hostel was superb! Great atmosphere, very clean, good breakfast selection, helpful staff. All and all, I would definitely recommend this hostel. I agree with other reviewers that the hill it is situated upon is a little steep, but it takes care of your leg workout for the day! If you're looking for a good, cheap, and pleasant stay along Copacabana beach, this is your place. Thank you to the staff who made my stay even better. Ciao!

Fajne miejsce, tuż przy Copacabanie.Dobre śniadanie. Bardzo przyjazny personel :)

Nice place to meet people, all the staffs are really helpful. Even the uphill thing is just like an exercise.

Good hostel for the value, great location, and great accommodations. I didn't appreciate being given the third degree about doing laundry after I paid for it and having someone keep asking me if I paid and then getting other hostel workers to ask me if I paid again, but that was a minor mishap. Most of the staff including the night receptionist and bartender were very welcoming and friendly. The wifi didn't work while I was there, not only for me, but for anyone. Overall, would recommend.

1 2 Next » last »