Lisetonga Hostel Reviews

Rua Ary Barroso casa 15, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This is a good value for money hostel. It's in Leme next to Morro da Babilônia, however, the neighborhood felt very safe - bear in mind this hostel is on a hill. Although it was clean and nice, there aren't enough showers for everybody. Breakfast is fine and there are plenty of restaurants and supermarkets around. The beach is at a walk-distance and the subway is a 20-minute walk. Noisy neighborhood - there was a very active Christian community singing out loud - don't forget your earplugs.

Hello and thanks for staying with us. Thank you very much for your feedback. We just want to clarify that there is 6 showers and 5 toilets available. It is extremely rare to need to wait. Safe travels and nice to meet you ;)

The hostel is fantastic. Is very clean. The house has a very nice decoration. Absolutely no complaints. The starf are very helpful. Room was good and clean. Everything you could want in a hostel and more I find there. The atmosphere was awesome.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Spain

I love the place :) Is very friendly and very nice atmosphere :) the price are cheap. Breakfast if very good if you are in time. They finish at 10:00 (different fruit / jam / cheese ) :) good. The room are big :) we love the room 4 bedsroom Bratislava with a balcony. Caipirinhar are good and cheap just 6 reais (2 euros) guauuuu :) near to the beach. I will come back !

Good location just 5 mins walk from copacabana beach and 10 mins walk to the bus stops on princessa isabella avenue. Breakfast was nice good idea with the toasty maker. They have a parrot and a mischievous kitten. Main areas were kept clean although our room in the basement smelled and the beds were not very comfortable. Staff were always friendly and helpful.

Terrible! Location, staff, cleaning etc. Worst hostel we have stayed on. Mostly because of the staff and that they didn't let us use the air condition at daytime. They turn it on(if you ask) at bedtime and came running into the room from 6am-8am to turn it of. It was so hot we couldnt sleep without! There were ants everywhere, and the owners had 3 cats there all the time. They were in our rooms, on the foodtable, kitchen, bathrooms and so on. The kitchen was so(!!) dirty and the bedrooms too.

We stayed at Lisetonga for our last night in Rio. The hostel itself is impressive with cool decorations and common area. For us, its situation at the top of a huge hill was a bit of a deal beaker. It's not easy to come and go during the day. Our stay was a bit colored by the fact that the A/C was out, but it sounded like it really was an uncommon occurrence. Bc the A/C was out, we slept with the windows open and were woken up a lot by the noise of people yelling in the street.

Overall a good hostel, short walk to Copacaba beach and Rio bikes also 10 min walk away. Staff were very friendly and available 24hrs a day, hostel pretty clean. Booked a private room which had aircon- massive bonus in Rio!

Very nice

I have to say this is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. Besides how clean it was, the staff is incredible. The location is great, you can walk to the beach and the mall. It's a really pretty hostel too. Next time I am in rio, I will stay here.

• 11th Jan 2015

Nothing to complain about, very close to the beach and Leme is a great part of rio. Would definitely stay again!

I would recommend this place for anyone who wants to be close to the beautiful beach area and looking for a good place to stay. Not the most social hostel I've been at but it could have just been an off night. Very cozy too!

My mum and sister stayed 10 days more or less and they were really nice.Staff very helpful and nice (the only thing was not all of them speak spanish, however they managed to give us what we needed). The manager is a great girl, She is concerning about you have a nice staying. The localition is convenient and it is just 5 minutes from Copacabana beach. Breakfast and bed are good. Reception 24 hours. I really recommend it if you are going to Rio and wants to get a cool place for staying.

I really enjoyed the hostel, no complaints. I would suggest this place and/or stay there again no worries. Thanks team!

• 6th Dec 2014

We had no water for the one night we we're here, but the staff knew about it straight away and gave us a full refund for the night, very apologic. It wasn't there fault, as the water was out in the whole area. The only bad thing about this hostel is it's right on top of a hill! Climbing up will get you very sweaty in the hot sun! But at the bottom, you were right on the beach and most transfers only picked you up from the hotel at the bottom of the hill!

Stayed for 5nights last week and had an amazing time! Wifi was tempremental but that wasn't an issue as they had a laptop for anybody to use if needed. Would love to go back here sometime! The staff and owners are very helpful and will happily organise and book anything you want.

Next to a very loud community center in the favela. Was blasting music until 2am on Sat. And by blasting, I mean my room was shaking like I was in a club. There was a sign on the door of the bedroom to ask for earplugs, but they didn't have any. The staff told me that "it's a favela" and there are no noise restrictions. I guess I shouldn't have been home at 1am on a Sat in Rio, but I was exhausted from traveling. This made it completely impossible to sleep. Everything else is good though.

This hostel is perfect. Located in a very cool area near Babylonia favela above Leme. Only criticism is that the wifi sucked.

WiFi was down for part of my stay, but other than that the hostel was superb! Great atmosphere, very clean, good breakfast selection, helpful staff. All and all, I would definitely recommend this hostel. I agree with other reviewers that the hill it is situated upon is a little steep, but it takes care of your leg workout for the day! If you're looking for a good, cheap, and pleasant stay along Copacabana beach, this is your place. Thank you to the staff who made my stay even better. Ciao!

Nice place to meet people, all the staffs are really helpful. Even the uphill thing is just like an exercise.

Good hostel for the value, great location, and great accommodations. I didn't appreciate being given the third degree about doing laundry after I paid for it and having someone keep asking me if I paid and then getting other hostel workers to ask me if I paid again, but that was a minor mishap. Most of the staff including the night receptionist and bartender were very welcoming and friendly. The wifi didn't work while I was there, not only for me, but for anyone. Overall, would recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7