Lisetonga Hostel Reviews

Rua Ary Barroso casa 15, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Really nice homely feeling place. Would stay again without a doubt. I loved cat and parrot ;-)

Unfortunately the worst experience I've had in 3 months travelling. On arrival the female on reception basically grunted with no smile, and the male was grumpy/snappy most of the time. Staff stay in the 8 bedroom dorms and take over rooms during the day. You feel like an intruder in your own room. The kitchen was horrendously dirty the first day (got a little better). Fridge smelt and ruined my food. Location is good but didn't feel super safe in the neighbourhood. I moved on quickly

Hello Ashley. We do remember you and wanted to say sorry for your frustrated stay but also explain what happen in this week., 1 - That was busy weekend. i think you got a wrong impression from our recepcionist because she was busy. maybe you tough you deserve more attention. if you check other reviews our staff is always compliment. 2 - The other staff who was walking trought the room was sick in that weekend and working. maybe that why he sounded grumpy and snappy. he worked in the night period so basically he need to get into the room for sleep since he worked all night long. 3 - The other recepcionist offer you the option of change room for you dont feel bother or annoyed anymore but at that point sounded that you were already with the closed mind about the hostel and dindt want to take it per the two days you stayed. 4 - Our staff cleans the hostel every single day in very especific places but we cant control 24 hours the mess that other guests do. we just can ask them kindlly for try to keep their space and other ppl clean. The same as frigde. we check frigdes constantly but we cant control when this is the guests frigde. all we can do is see if something is ruined and trow away as we always do 5 - If you check other reviews you will see that we never had security problems. this area is really safe even staying in the beginning of the favela. i think again you were close mind about stayed in diferent area. wich still is awesome since you are 7 min from the beach. And finally we wanted to invite you to get back anytime and take all the bad impressions that you have from our hostel. Best wishes for you. Thanks, Lisetonga Staff

Amazing place, the location is perfect. Bars restarants and the beach really near! The rooms and the bathroom are survivable and the staff is extremely nice.

• 1st Jan 2016
  • Mexico

Some tips about this hostel: 1. Book it online to have better price 2. Breakfast included not for everybody, check it when book 3. Kitchen sometimes is not evaliable for cocking because of problems with water in favela the hostel located in 4. Wi-Fi is slow 5. Across the road there is a party hall and they have some days loud music 6. Watch your money, we missed 100 R$ that were in our room in backpack. It's totally our mistake, but anyway unpleasantly 7. Staff live there own life, were not nic

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. The staff are super friendly and helpful, the hostel itself is well located and safe. People that stay there are easy going good people. I would stay there again for sure, in fact Iwish I had never left. Loved it! Drunky x

• 5th Sep 2015

They were very welcoming and helpful in my first days in Rio. There was also a good community of people there, which is a good sign. I would go there again!

infrastructure wise the hostel is excellent, I liked to location a lot but it might not be for everyone (only close to the beach and a steep climb to get there), the people at the reception are nice and helpfull. it has a very nice and relaxed vibe but i think the hostels caters (way) too much to western tourists. but then a hostel cant really chose who comes and who doesnt. I would definitely stay again for short visits (1-2 nights), not for longer ones during which i would like to meet people.

The hostel was well designed, pretty with a good hangout space and basic but clean and comfortable dorms. The hostel was not immediately near much in the way of bars or restaurants but was close to the beach. However, atmosphere was pretty meh -- the hostel staff, one woman in particular, wasn't keen on making it a fun spot and had an attitude when we asked questions about the city. It's a nice hostel but not good if you want a lot of action it for them to suggest fun stuff to do or tours.

I spent almost 2 weeks there, such a great place

Chill as hell, great hospitality, lots of great places to hang out. Rooftop hammocks ftw

• 25th May 2015

This is a good value for money hostel. It's in Leme next to Morro da Babilônia, however, the neighborhood felt very safe - bear in mind this hostel is on a hill. Although it was clean and nice, there aren't enough showers for everybody. Breakfast is fine and there are plenty of restaurants and supermarkets around. The beach is at a walk-distance and the subway is a 20-minute walk. Noisy neighborhood - there was a very active Christian community singing out loud - don't forget your earplugs.

Hello and thanks for staying with us. Thank you very much for your feedback. We just want to clarify that there is 6 showers and 5 toilets available. It is extremely rare to need to wait. Safe travels and nice to meet you ;)

The hostel is fantastic. Is very clean. The house has a very nice decoration. Absolutely no complaints. The starf are very helpful. Room was good and clean. Everything you could want in a hostel and more I find there. The atmosphere was awesome.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Spain

I love the place :) Is very friendly and very nice atmosphere :) the price are cheap. Breakfast if very good if you are in time. They finish at 10:00 (different fruit / jam / cheese ) :) good. The room are big :) we love the room 4 bedsroom Bratislava with a balcony. Caipirinhar are good and cheap just 6 reais (2 euros) guauuuu :) near to the beach. I will come back !

Good location just 5 mins walk from copacabana beach and 10 mins walk to the bus stops on princessa isabella avenue. Breakfast was nice good idea with the toasty maker. They have a parrot and a mischievous kitten. Main areas were kept clean although our room in the basement smelled and the beds were not very comfortable. Staff were always friendly and helpful.

Terrible! Location, staff, cleaning etc. Worst hostel we have stayed on. Mostly because of the staff and that they didn't let us use the air condition at daytime. They turn it on(if you ask) at bedtime and came running into the room from 6am-8am to turn it of. It was so hot we couldnt sleep without! There were ants everywhere, and the owners had 3 cats there all the time. They were in our rooms, on the foodtable, kitchen, bathrooms and so on. The kitchen was so(!!) dirty and the bedrooms too.

We stayed at Lisetonga for our last night in Rio. The hostel itself is impressive with cool decorations and common area. For us, its situation at the top of a huge hill was a bit of a deal beaker. It's not easy to come and go during the day. Our stay was a bit colored by the fact that the A/C was out, but it sounded like it really was an uncommon occurrence. Bc the A/C was out, we slept with the windows open and were woken up a lot by the noise of people yelling in the street.

Overall a good hostel, short walk to Copacaba beach and Rio bikes also 10 min walk away. Staff were very friendly and available 24hrs a day, hostel pretty clean. Booked a private room which had aircon- massive bonus in Rio!

Very nice

I have to say this is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. Besides how clean it was, the staff is incredible. The location is great, you can walk to the beach and the mall. It's a really pretty hostel too. Next time I am in rio, I will stay here.

• 11th Jan 2015

Nothing to complain about, very close to the beach and Leme is a great part of rio. Would definitely stay again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7