Little Hanoi Diamond Reviews

11 Bat Dan street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Hanoi, Vietnam

Great hostel in the centre of Hanoi, the breakfast is great and location perfect. Unfortunately our room was at the top of 4 flights of stairs but it wasn't really an issue. Really friendly staff too.

Not as clean as I was expecting. Bunks are lined up parallel to one another so there is no privacy at all, you can literally sit at one end of the room and see EVERYBODY in their beds. My stay was during Tet holiday and the staff at reception were unable to find me good prices for buses- however I managed to knock $10US off the price by booking through a hostel three doors down. Wouldn't recommend it.

Mr. Zoom is AMAZING! He went our of his way to make sure that our stay in Hanoi was problem-free. I can not say how much I appreciated his hospitality. Cleanliness and customer service was spot on! The only thing I would recommend is having a 24 hour reception desk. It might put a traveller off if they arrive in the middle of the night to find everyone sleeping.

• 20th Feb 2015

Great location, fantastic staff who can't do enough to help you whatever time of day. Free tea and coffee and snacks each day in the reception area. Wifi can be intermittent, but same with most places.

Although it has a hotel vibe (which isn't a negative), I stayed in a dorm, and it was easy to meet like-minded backpackers! The breakfast was awesome, and reception staff were extremely helpful, warm and friendly. There isn't really a communal area but we made the reception space our communal area which worked fine :)

The staff were very helpful with booking us a car to the airport and packed us a bagged breakfast as we left before their breakfast hours. Very thoughtful. I wouldn't be sure about booking Halong Bay cruises with them though another group seemed disappointed but there are so many travel agencies in Hanoi it isn't a big deal.

This is a nice place to stay, it attracts great traveller types, but it is hard to socialise if you are travelling alone. The staff also were not helpful with any information for tours outside of their recommended ones - as with Tet all their tours were booked and I had to locate my own. the WiFi was also out for a portion of my stay which made it difficult yo plan the rest of my trip.

Best place to stay in Hanoi !!!

Stayed in the 8-bed dorm on the 6th floor. Beds and bathroom were great and cleaned every day. Breakfast was amazing. Zoom was a wonderful help to my group and always friendly and smiling. I would recommend this hostel in a heartbeat!

The staff was extraordinarily nice and helpful. They helped me make plans for the rest of my trip. I highly recommend the little hanoi diamond

• 6th Feb 2015

I cannot emphasize how absolutely incredible the staff here is!! Every time that I came back they greeted me by name with a welcoming smile. They also spoke impeccable English and were very helpful when it came to booking travel and tours. Even though there isn't a very big common area, the hostel felt very social and I met great friends. The breakfast buffet (and omelettes made to order), and free coffee, tea, and fruit all day was a plus. The location was central and I walked everywhere!

• 5th Feb 2015

Best customer service I have had at a hostel/hotel ever! They went above and beyond for us. They even organised a cake and an upgrade for our birthday when we we booked a Halong Bay Tour through them and then brought us another cake when we arrived back in Hanoi. We got upgraded pretty much every night we stayed there yet payed the price of a dorm room. They helped us with any enquiries we had and we're just super friendly. If your in Hanoi do yourself a favour and stay at Little Hanoi Diamond.

So much helpful workes especially Mr.Zoom. One day I booked Halong bay 2 days 1night tour from local tourist company. Mr.Zoom called the Halong bay tour company to make sure that my booking was confirmed and he found there was no name of me. The tour company actually cheated me. He gave me an advice to get a refund and i got my money back! I can't appreciate them enough. I've stayed several hotels in Japan and America. But this hostel is the best!!

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Japan

More like a hotel than a hostel as no social area. Staff are the best thing about this place, really friendly and helped to sort loads of stuff out. Got a better price for halong bay tour than at any of the travel agents. Nice rooms. Good location.

Staff were fun and kind. Also helped us book plenty of stuff to do around the city. It's a bit of a walk to the main party areas but for how nice the rooms were and with breaky included, it didn't bother me. Would stay again anytime.

Excellent breakfast. Helpful staff. Good location.

Great Place. Super friendly and helpful staff. Best dorm rooms I've seen in a while. Plus met a bunch of great people there - despite the missing common area. Totally recommend it.

Good location-near the night market, clean comfortable rooms, reliable helpful stuff. A place you recommend your friends.

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Israel

Best breakfast anywhere, solid good hotel, best hostel dorm room anywhere, super staff, nice rooms. I've been coming here for two years (total of 30 to 40 days), though I've experimented with other hostels and hotels. This is the best.

Great staff! Super friendly and helpful

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4