Little Hanoi Diamond Reviews

11 Bat Dan street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Hanoi, Vietnam

Hey Guys! This hostel was the best hostel i stayed in during my trip true asia. The staff is super Friendly and helpfull! You can book tours

• 27th May 2014

The single best experience with staff at a hostel. I've been traveling for five months and this is the first review I've left because all the other hostels are basically the same. Zoom, the manager at the front desk, was unbelievably good. He could work at any serious five star hotel. I was very impressed. Thanks Zoom!

• 27th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great hostel and great staff. Just make sure you get the passport back when you leave, I had to come back and remind them that they still have my passport.

Very nice and helpful receptionists, but the staff in the restaurant didn't speak any English. But that's my only complaint. The room was great, would definately stay here again

One of the best hostel experiences of my trip. The staff was incredibly friendly (almost to the point of off-putting!). Even though I was staying only one night, they made sure that I had breakfast both mornings, very helpful with my busy schedule. The desk-hands even offered me cold lemon water, regularly, while I figured out my trip on the hostel's computers. The rooms were clean, reasonably secure (for dorms). The hostel is located right at a great location. Not wheelchair accessible.

• 23rd May 2014

The hostel is awesome in general. Free towels everyday, hair dryer, free breakfast, very accommodating and friendly staff, and the free coffee is sooo delicious. I would be really glad if they found my green iphone charger keep it and return when i get back. In general, it is really worth my money.

I don't usually write reviews however my stay at this hotel has been brilliant. They have the nicest and most supportive staff I have ever encountered going as far as making me a thank you meal on the last night. Nothing was too much trouble and I would recommend this as the number 1 hotel to stay in the old quarter.

One of the best hostels I ever stayed. Staff is super friendly, rooms are clean, good breakfast, whole day juice, coffee, tea and fruit for free and when I left they even gave me a bag with water and cookies for the waiting time on the airport

Amazingly friendly staff!!!!

Just perfect as I forgot my phone at the reception they brought it to my busstation. LOVELY

Erg schoon hostel, goed ontbijt. Service was goed, tot dat ik mijn tours ergens anders had geboekt (ze zijn erg duur). Daarna deden ze moeilijk over een nacht bij boeken en toen hadden ze opeens geen ruimte en verhuisden ze me naar een sister hostel en dat was echt een RAMP. Slechtste hostel waar ik ben geweest in drie maand backpacken. Dus de service is een beetje fake.

The staff here are so incredibly friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is the best I've had in Vietnam and there is always free tea, coffee and fruit available. The rooms are spotless and comfortable. Great hotel!

Perfect!!! The staff are awesome especially 'Zoom' ( nice name by the way ) They all call you by your name and you feel very welcome. 30 minutes after my pick up bus to hoi an I realised, I forgot my phone and charger. I called them (with another phone, obviously) and they brought me everything to my bus station FOR FREE! I am so impressed! That's service! Definitely the best place to stay in Hanoi. I stayed in downtown backpackers before and moved there. Best decision ever!!! I love it!

Don't stay here. I booked a Halong Bay trip elsewhere (it was the same for cheaper) and the hotel staff got very annoyed. They wanted me to book it through them so they'd get commission. When they found out I had booked elsewhere they constantly lied to me & tried to scam me. They said they had contacted the tour company and there was "no record of my trip" so I should cancel and re-book through them. I refused, so they cancelled my trip and wouldn't let me on the bus when it came to collect me.

Very good hotel. Wifi and A/C work really well and the breakfast is decent (baguette, noodles, omelettes, fruit.) The hotel is extremely clean. The staff are friendly and helpful - the day staff member Zoom bends over backwards to make guests happy. Very welcoming hotel, I highly recommend!

I had a fantastic stay here. Zoom was really helpful as I had just arrived to Vietnam alone. He went out of his way to help me. Even making me a special tea after I had been for a run! He booked my tickets to the next destination and even helped my friends that were not staying at this hotel! Really good breakfast too and great location. Thank you zoom!!!

The location was great, the rooms are huge, free breakfast was delicious, wifi was strong, towels were a plus and most of the staff (especially Zoom) were super friendly and helpful. Zoom even helped us switch to a room on the lower floor from the 4th floor (con: it's a walk up). This place is hotel-ish, there is no common area. They get upset when you book your tours elsewhere. They talked badly of the 3rd party tour company and lectured us for not booking through hotel.

It is a very very nice place! the stuff very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and big enough, they help me call a taxi to train station as well. anyway, highly recommend!!!

+/-Some of the staff was really friendly and helpful, some wasn't. +The breakfast buffet was of good variety and there were fresh fruits at the reception the entire day. - I stayed in a dorm on the 6th floor, could be exhausting as there is no elevator. - Dorm room was not lockable, but since on the highest floor, I could deal with that. +/- dorm itself was clean, but with some mold on the wall - not enought sockets form nummer of people (an important thing nowadays) - no hostel atmosphere

Great hostel in the heart of the old quarter. Staff very kind and helpful to organize tours.