Little Hanoi Diamond Reviews

11 Bat Dan street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Hanoi, Vietnam

I can't say enough good things about the staff. On our arrival our flight was delayed and despite the fact that Hanoi shuts down at 11:00pm, the staff stayed up waiting for us at 3:00am and made sure a driver was waiting for us at the airport. The day-time concierge, Zoom, was incredibly nice and helped us decide on various day tours to take near Hanoi. I was very impressed with his service. Highly recommend staying at Little Hanoi Diamond.

• 12th Jun 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay there. Top location, very good price including breakfast. Very very friendly and helpful staff. Warm welcome with free shower and breakfast (as we twice arrived very early in the morning). Very clean Super sauberes Hostel, sehr nette Mitarbeiter, die einem jederzeit mit Rat und Tat zur Seite stehen, Wir sind zweimal sehr früh dort angekommen und haben kostenlos ein Bett, Frühstück und Dusche zur Verfügung gestellt bekommen.

The service and the quality of a hotel, the only thing reminding of a hostel is that you sleep in the same room with strangers :) My wish for the dorm room is to have reading lights, so that the whole room doesn't have to stay awake if somebody wants to read!

My special time here in Hanoi has been mainly down to the fact I stayed here! It has got a hotel feel because the facilities are so good it's the people that make it into the homely hostel feel! The staff truly made this experience here they were all beyond helpful! It was Because of Zoom the guy that works here which brought me back a second time! I've never met anybody( not only in a hostel) anywhere who is so genuinely helpful, there is not enough he could or would do for you, thank you!

The best free breakfast you'll get in any hostel on the planet; free luggage storage during your side trips; excellent tour advice; best dorm room anywhere (even with a tub); best everything actually. Of the 50 or 60 hostels I've stayed in, this is number one. (If arriving by air, have the hostel pick you up for the modest fee and save yourself that possible airport taxi mafia grief.)

Hey Guys! This hostel was the best hostel i stayed in during my trip true asia. The staff is super Friendly and helpfull! You can book tours

• 27th May 2014

The single best experience with staff at a hostel. I've been traveling for five months and this is the first review I've left because all the other hostels are basically the same. Zoom, the manager at the front desk, was unbelievably good. He could work at any serious five star hotel. I was very impressed. Thanks Zoom!

• 27th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great hostel and great staff. Just make sure you get the passport back when you leave, I had to come back and remind them that they still have my passport.

Very nice and helpful receptionists, but the staff in the restaurant didn't speak any English. But that's my only complaint. The room was great, would definately stay here again

One of the best hostel experiences of my trip. The staff was incredibly friendly (almost to the point of off-putting!). Even though I was staying only one night, they made sure that I had breakfast both mornings, very helpful with my busy schedule. The desk-hands even offered me cold lemon water, regularly, while I figured out my trip on the hostel's computers. The rooms were clean, reasonably secure (for dorms). The hostel is located right at a great location. Not wheelchair accessible.

• 23rd May 2014

The hostel is awesome in general. Free towels everyday, hair dryer, free breakfast, very accommodating and friendly staff, and the free coffee is sooo delicious. I would be really glad if they found my green iphone charger keep it and return when i get back. In general, it is really worth my money.

I don't usually write reviews however my stay at this hotel has been brilliant. They have the nicest and most supportive staff I have ever encountered going as far as making me a thank you meal on the last night. Nothing was too much trouble and I would recommend this as the number 1 hotel to stay in the old quarter.

One of the best hostels I ever stayed. Staff is super friendly, rooms are clean, good breakfast, whole day juice, coffee, tea and fruit for free and when I left they even gave me a bag with water and cookies for the waiting time on the airport

Amazingly friendly staff!!!!

Just perfect as I forgot my phone at the reception they brought it to my busstation. LOVELY

Erg schoon hostel, goed ontbijt. Service was goed, tot dat ik mijn tours ergens anders had geboekt (ze zijn erg duur). Daarna deden ze moeilijk over een nacht bij boeken en toen hadden ze opeens geen ruimte en verhuisden ze me naar een sister hostel en dat was echt een RAMP. Slechtste hostel waar ik ben geweest in drie maand backpacken. Dus de service is een beetje fake.

The staff here are so incredibly friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is the best I've had in Vietnam and there is always free tea, coffee and fruit available. The rooms are spotless and comfortable. Great hotel!

Perfect!!! The staff are awesome especially 'Zoom' ( nice name by the way ) They all call you by your name and you feel very welcome. 30 minutes after my pick up bus to hoi an I realised, I forgot my phone and charger. I called them (with another phone, obviously) and they brought me everything to my bus station FOR FREE! I am so impressed! That's service! Definitely the best place to stay in Hanoi. I stayed in downtown backpackers before and moved there. Best decision ever!!! I love it!

Don't stay here. I booked a Halong Bay trip elsewhere (it was the same for cheaper) and the hotel staff got very annoyed. They wanted me to book it through them so they'd get commission. When they found out I had booked elsewhere they constantly lied to me & tried to scam me. They said they had contacted the tour company and there was "no record of my trip" so I should cancel and re-book through them. I refused, so they cancelled my trip and wouldn't let me on the bus when it came to collect me.

Very good hotel. Wifi and A/C work really well and the breakfast is decent (baguette, noodles, omelettes, fruit.) The hotel is extremely clean. The staff are friendly and helpful - the day staff member Zoom bends over backwards to make guests happy. Very welcoming hotel, I highly recommend!