Little Hanoi Diamond Reviews

11 Bat Dan street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Hanoi, Vietnam

The staff here are so incredibly friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is the best I've had in Vietnam and there is always free tea, coffee and fruit available. The rooms are spotless and comfortable. Great hotel!

Perfect!!! The staff are awesome especially 'Zoom' ( nice name by the way ) They all call you by your name and you feel very welcome. 30 minutes after my pick up bus to hoi an I realised, I forgot my phone and charger. I called them (with another phone, obviously) and they brought me everything to my bus station FOR FREE! I am so impressed! That's service! Definitely the best place to stay in Hanoi. I stayed in downtown backpackers before and moved there. Best decision ever!!! I love it!

Don't stay here. I booked a Halong Bay trip elsewhere (it was the same for cheaper) and the hotel staff got very annoyed. They wanted me to book it through them so they'd get commission. When they found out I had booked elsewhere they constantly lied to me & tried to scam me. They said they had contacted the tour company and there was "no record of my trip" so I should cancel and re-book through them. I refused, so they cancelled my trip and wouldn't let me on the bus when it came to collect me.

Very good hotel. Wifi and A/C work really well and the breakfast is decent (baguette, noodles, omelettes, fruit.) The hotel is extremely clean. The staff are friendly and helpful - the day staff member Zoom bends over backwards to make guests happy. Very welcoming hotel, I highly recommend!

I had a fantastic stay here. Zoom was really helpful as I had just arrived to Vietnam alone. He went out of his way to help me. Even making me a special tea after I had been for a run! He booked my tickets to the next destination and even helped my friends that were not staying at this hotel! Really good breakfast too and great location. Thank you zoom!!!

The location was great, the rooms are huge, free breakfast was delicious, wifi was strong, towels were a plus and most of the staff (especially Zoom) were super friendly and helpful. Zoom even helped us switch to a room on the lower floor from the 4th floor (con: it's a walk up). This place is hotel-ish, there is no common area. They get upset when you book your tours elsewhere. They talked badly of the 3rd party tour company and lectured us for not booking through hotel.

It is a very very nice place! the stuff very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and big enough, they help me call a taxi to train station as well. anyway, highly recommend!!!

+/-Some of the staff was really friendly and helpful, some wasn't. +The breakfast buffet was of good variety and there were fresh fruits at the reception the entire day. - I stayed in a dorm on the 6th floor, could be exhausting as there is no elevator. - Dorm room was not lockable, but since on the highest floor, I could deal with that. +/- dorm itself was clean, but with some mold on the wall - not enought sockets form nummer of people (an important thing nowadays) - no hostel atmosphere

Great hostel in the heart of the old quarter. Staff very kind and helpful to organize tours.

I stayed here back in May during 2 different visits to Hanoi, and both times were great! The dorm room is a great value that includes an awesome free breakfast. Location is right in the heart of the Old Quarter, and the staff goes above and beyond to help you out. Especially Zoom, he may be the best I've encountered at any hostel along my 7 month trip that has now come to an end. Zoom was so great that I even bought him and his wife a present as they are expecting their firstborn.

Comfortable and spacious rooms and towels included which is great! Average age group slightly higher and no common area where other backpackers mingle which is why I changed hostels because I want to meet people. Otherwise very impressed and happy and I'd stay again. Staff were also very help with advise and I got a good feeling from them that I trusted them.

I enjoy my 3-night stays in the dorm. Great buffet breakfast, nice staff who were always willing to help you, very clean rooms...Good quality but not a hostel style as seems no common area for backpackers.

Staff is very helpful specially Luyen Dang, Mr. Zoom, Mr. Tang & Nu. Free Wifi is strong, the room is very spacious & the hostel's location is near the places of interest.

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Philippines

very nice hostel, one of the best i've been. the stuff was very helpful and friendly. stayed in dorm and met a lot of interesting people. so if you are looking for a good company dorm it is! one notice - it's on the 6th floor so be prepared)) and one of the most exciting things and the huge argument for this hostel - the best breakfast ever!)

Staff are very friendly and helpful with anything you need. The rooms are pretty big and bathroom is massive for a hostel. Very clean rooms, towels provided. No social area, depends on the peuople in the room you are in as to whether or not you will meet anyone to hang out with. Right in the middle of old quarter, great place and cheap.

I liked the location and the watermelon which was served during the day the best! Rooms were nice and clean. But it's definitely not a Hostel set up... Staff was friendly but it's pretty hard to extend your stay.

Awesome! Never stayed in a hostel before. What a great start. Met some awesome people. And the staff are amazing. Wasn't too much of a young crowd. Nice mid 30's crowd. Class. Loved it. Stay !

• 21st Apr 2014

The staff at this hostel are great and the location is wonderful. I felt safe here and well cared for. The only reason I marked it down slightly is due to a lack of common room and the mold that covered the ceiling in the upstairs bathroom.

The hostel was ideally situated amongst several small eateries well within walking distance from the hostel. The gentleman working the front desk (Zoom) was always full of great suggestions on where to go, booked an amazing tour of Ha Long Bay and just made the whole experience an effortless endeavour. Every morning the hostel prepared a delicious breakfast of fresh fruit, eggs and more local dishes which always satisfied and the other travelers spending their time there were also great company.

• 18th Apr 2014

Very nice Hostel and also very cheap. Totally recommend that Hostel. The only thing that one should be aware of: dont trust the tour recommendations of the staff to 100%. A hard trekking tour has nothing to do with trekking. But the rest is absolutely fine. Would definitely go there again.

• 17th Apr 2014