Little Hanoi Diamond Reviews

11 Bat Dan street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Hanoi, Vietnam

I liked the location and the watermelon which was served during the day the best! Rooms were nice and clean. But it's definitely not a Hostel set up... Staff was friendly but it's pretty hard to extend your stay.

Awesome! Never stayed in a hostel before. What a great start. Met some awesome people. And the staff are amazing. Wasn't too much of a young crowd. Nice mid 30's crowd. Class. Loved it. Stay !

• 21st Apr 2014

The staff at this hostel are great and the location is wonderful. I felt safe here and well cared for. The only reason I marked it down slightly is due to a lack of common room and the mold that covered the ceiling in the upstairs bathroom.

The hostel was ideally situated amongst several small eateries well within walking distance from the hostel. The gentleman working the front desk (Zoom) was always full of great suggestions on where to go, booked an amazing tour of Ha Long Bay and just made the whole experience an effortless endeavour. Every morning the hostel prepared a delicious breakfast of fresh fruit, eggs and more local dishes which always satisfied and the other travelers spending their time there were also great company.

• 18th Apr 2014

Very nice Hostel and also very cheap. Totally recommend that Hostel. The only thing that one should be aware of: dont trust the tour recommendations of the staff to 100%. A hard trekking tour has nothing to do with trekking. But the rest is absolutely fine. Would definitely go there again.

• 17th Apr 2014

It was honestly our best hostel stay ever. It was wonderful, never experienced a more helpful staff before. breakfast was super, especially for 7€ the night. rooms were huge and clean. trips were perfectly organized. two thumbs up! :)

I really enjoyed my time to stay the hostel. I will recommend my friend it. The staff is very helpful.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • China

Comfy and clean beds, air conditioning, spacious and clean bathroom shared between eight, fresh towels daily, breakfast included (eggs of your choice, bread and noodles, with tea/coffee). I wasn't expecting much but my stay was very pleasant. Do however note that you might be walking all the way to 6/F for the dorm (not sure if they only have the one room) and the beds are very close together.

Staying in the dorm was fun. The staff was amazing, the helped with any kind of request of question. Clean towels everyday. Lockers in the dorm. Included breakfast buffet was really excelent!

Really great friendly staff that went out of their way to help would recommend to everyone. Main guy there was especially good - better service than got in any of the five star hotels we stayed at and rooms are really very nice.

• 8th Apr 2014

Excellent staff and everything. Best hostel I have ever stayed.

Really friendly and helpful staff. Nice dorm room...fitting with the old quarter surroundings. Great breakfast! Would highly recommend!

Zom was extremely helpful and made our stay very easy and enjoyable. They upgraded our room which was very lovely. Breakfast was one of the best we've had in Asia. Great location right in the heart of the city. Highly recommended!

Cheap, clean, good dorm rooms with nice bathroom, very friendly and helpfull staff, will definitely recommend

I'm very mixed about this hostel. The rooms were really great and the breakfast was good, but they are unable to manage their bookings properly. They will not let people who have been staying there awhile book extra nights. Even after booking expensive tours with them, and trying to book days in advance they always say I don't know, they have to wait and see about online bookings. And then that they are full. If you want to stay here, book all your nights in advance.

The stuff is amazing and the hotel is very nice!!

• 29th Mar 2014

We stayed at Little Hanoi Diamond and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. The staff are great - especially Zoom - and very friendly and helpful. Zoom made us feel very welcome - even invited us to play paintball with him and other staff members. My sons had a great time. Highly recommend Little Hanoi Diamond - close to markets and other attractions like War Museum and "Hanoi Hilton" prison.

main guy on reception was amazingly helpful, the night guy not so much, didn't seem to know what he was doing and took ages to check me out, write a receipt etc, good value with a nice breakfast included with free tea, coffee and fruit all day. good location and dorm room was good-best bathroom i've had in a dorm room so far!! wifi a bit patchy.

Brilliant hostel if you're not looking for a place to party, but still has a really friendly atmosphere. Met people in my mixed dorm and in the lobby of the hostel; the staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful without being pushy. Free breakfast was OK, too. Right in the heart of the Old Quarter, so easy to get everywhere; only draw back was I was on the 6th floor and there's no lift, but hey, that's just my laziness talking!

Very nice hostel with friendly and helpful staffs, looking like hotel rather than hostel. Buffet for breakfast in a backpacker accommodation was quite impressive!