Little Hanoi Diamond Reviews

11 Bat Dan street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Hanoi, Vietnam

Great hostel in the heart of the old quarter. Staff very kind and helpful to organize tours.

I stayed here back in May during 2 different visits to Hanoi, and both times were great! The dorm room is a great value that includes an awesome free breakfast. Location is right in the heart of the Old Quarter, and the staff goes above and beyond to help you out. Especially Zoom, he may be the best I've encountered at any hostel along my 7 month trip that has now come to an end. Zoom was so great that I even bought him and his wife a present as they are expecting their firstborn.

Comfortable and spacious rooms and towels included which is great! Average age group slightly higher and no common area where other backpackers mingle which is why I changed hostels because I want to meet people. Otherwise very impressed and happy and I'd stay again. Staff were also very help with advise and I got a good feeling from them that I trusted them.

I enjoy my 3-night stays in the dorm. Great buffet breakfast, nice staff who were always willing to help you, very clean rooms...Good quality but not a hostel style as seems no common area for backpackers.

Staff is very helpful specially Luyen Dang, Mr. Zoom, Mr. Tang & Nu. Free Wifi is strong, the room is very spacious & the hostel's location is near the places of interest.

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Philippines

very nice hostel, one of the best i've been. the stuff was very helpful and friendly. stayed in dorm and met a lot of interesting people. so if you are looking for a good company dorm it is! one notice - it's on the 6th floor so be prepared)) and one of the most exciting things and the huge argument for this hostel - the best breakfast ever!)

Staff are very friendly and helpful with anything you need. The rooms are pretty big and bathroom is massive for a hostel. Very clean rooms, towels provided. No social area, depends on the peuople in the room you are in as to whether or not you will meet anyone to hang out with. Right in the middle of old quarter, great place and cheap.

I liked the location and the watermelon which was served during the day the best! Rooms were nice and clean. But it's definitely not a Hostel set up... Staff was friendly but it's pretty hard to extend your stay.

Awesome! Never stayed in a hostel before. What a great start. Met some awesome people. And the staff are amazing. Wasn't too much of a young crowd. Nice mid 30's crowd. Class. Loved it. Stay !

• 21st Apr 2014

The staff at this hostel are great and the location is wonderful. I felt safe here and well cared for. The only reason I marked it down slightly is due to a lack of common room and the mold that covered the ceiling in the upstairs bathroom.

The hostel was ideally situated amongst several small eateries well within walking distance from the hostel. The gentleman working the front desk (Zoom) was always full of great suggestions on where to go, booked an amazing tour of Ha Long Bay and just made the whole experience an effortless endeavour. Every morning the hostel prepared a delicious breakfast of fresh fruit, eggs and more local dishes which always satisfied and the other travelers spending their time there were also great company.

• 18th Apr 2014

Very nice Hostel and also very cheap. Totally recommend that Hostel. The only thing that one should be aware of: dont trust the tour recommendations of the staff to 100%. A hard trekking tour has nothing to do with trekking. But the rest is absolutely fine. Would definitely go there again.

• 17th Apr 2014

It was honestly our best hostel stay ever. It was wonderful, never experienced a more helpful staff before. breakfast was super, especially for 7€ the night. rooms were huge and clean. trips were perfectly organized. two thumbs up! :)

I really enjoyed my time to stay the hostel. I will recommend my friend it. The staff is very helpful.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • China

Comfy and clean beds, air conditioning, spacious and clean bathroom shared between eight, fresh towels daily, breakfast included (eggs of your choice, bread and noodles, with tea/coffee). I wasn't expecting much but my stay was very pleasant. Do however note that you might be walking all the way to 6/F for the dorm (not sure if they only have the one room) and the beds are very close together.

Staying in the dorm was fun. The staff was amazing, the helped with any kind of request of question. Clean towels everyday. Lockers in the dorm. Included breakfast buffet was really excelent!

Really great friendly staff that went out of their way to help would recommend to everyone. Main guy there was especially good - better service than got in any of the five star hotels we stayed at and rooms are really very nice.

• 8th Apr 2014

Excellent staff and everything. Best hostel I have ever stayed.

Really friendly and helpful staff. Nice dorm room...fitting with the old quarter surroundings. Great breakfast! Would highly recommend!

Zom was extremely helpful and made our stay very easy and enjoyable. They upgraded our room which was very lovely. Breakfast was one of the best we've had in Asia. Great location right in the heart of the city. Highly recommended!