Little Hanoi Hostel Reviews

48 Hang Ga, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

What an amazing little hostel. The staff are beyond helpful and happy and the hostel overall gets a 10/10. I will be sure to come back. And the breakfast is great and included in the price.

This is a hotel with a dorm in the ground floor. Good breakfast and helpfull staff but not much of a hostel.

I stayed in the dorm room which is very small and had a dampness to it. It feels very much like they care more about the hotel part and this was an add on. In addition, I got an electric shock turning on the bedside lamp and the lamp even flew out the socket - the staff tried to down play it saying that it was my hand that must have been wet (which it wasn't). They conceeded that the room might be wet! I checked out and went to a flipside hostel around the corner -much better, fun atmosphere,etc

I simply loved the staff and my stay there! They are So happy, warm and made you feel like home! They sort everything out for you and give you guidence for where to go next or which trips are worth joining, where to eat etc. Free tea/coffee, and breakfast is included. If you go on a trip Early in the morning, they make a sandwich for you to go. The rooms are a bit humid, but the weather was rainy and a bit cold while i was there, so that could explain it. I only stayed in dorm.

Their service is the best I've ever had at a hostel so far. Kim felt like a mom away from home & I trusted her opinion every step of the way. Tours: Sa Pa: I paid $60 for a tour with Maylai. She speaks English extremely well & has a superb personality. Definitely worth it. Food was also delicious! Ha Long Bay: Went with Fantasea (3days/2nights for $135) which was amazing!! I overpaid so I would ask different tour offices for cheaper. But stick with Fantasea & do at least 3 days.

• 8th Mar 2015

Great stay. Very friendly and helpful staff who arranged a super convenient airport pick-up for me, and even got me in touch with a friend of theirs who owns a motorbike shop and gave me a sweet deal on a scooter! The other people staying here were great too. Delicious breakfast. Would stay here again for sure.

Great Place to stay! Never met such helpful, friendly and knowledgable staff before. If you visit Hanoi, this is the place to stay.

The staff here make my stay in Hanoi so much easy. Always willing to help, I got tours, train and bus tickets booked without ANY problem. They even managed to change my friend's booking to join me in the cruise. Great breakfast included in the price. The dorm rooms are confy enough with individual lockers and wifi in the rooms. I was afraid of some negative coments on the atmosphere here, but i meet people every time i stayed in the common area. Location is perfect to explore the old quarter

About 10 minutes walk from all the business of Hanoi, this is a small hostel with a very friendly and accommodating staff. Very quiet so you can easily get rest from seeing Hanoi's attractions during the day and night.

I really enjoyed my stay! The staff was more than expected helpful and kind. I can definitely recommend it!

It's a bit hard to find it as it has 2 or 3 sister hotel/hostels. I think the location google map gives you is "Little Hanoi Diamond". But it's only 10min walk to the lake.

I had a bout of food poisoning while staying here (didn't eat at the hostel, not their fault). The staff were very helpful and attentive and it was great to be in such a nice place as I recuperated. The plumbing also works great!

"Handsome David" was the best receptionist one could ever ask for. So incredibly warm, welcoming and friendly. Made lovely suggestions for food and spas while also helping me book a very last minute 3-day tour. Would gladly stay here again!

The staff really make this hostel a nice stay. Nothing is too much trouble for them, especially the dapper guy in the suit! We booked a 3 day trip to Halong Bay and it really was a brilliantly organised tour and great value for the price we paid. This isn't much of a "party" hostel but for the those that like a more relaxed and discreet place to stay this is definitely the place.

Great hostel to stay, hostel price with hotel quality. Staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast was nice and pretty much all you can eat, and David and Kim were excellent making it feel like a second home. Rooms are good, cleaned and you get some complimentary water and some snacks in your room day to day. Only place to stay while in Hanoi

We got upgraded to a triple which was nice. Beds were extremely comfortable with a nice big comforter and pillow. Bathroom was nice except for the shower head was pointed so that it would aim directly at the back wall instead of down and it made it very difficult to shower. Also,the tub was not the full length of the bathroom so the water would hit the wall and fall on the floor. Since we had a roommate we had to leave the key at the front desk when we would leave.

good location and helpful staff. Dorm room downstairs never seemed to be locked and often accessed by staff without a knock etc.

The staff is incredibly nice! Our luggage was lost at the airport and they put in great effort and helped us a lot in getting it back. The bathroom would get a bit wet because the toilet was not sealed well.

Excellent again second time in Hanoi, and this stay has been faultless. The staff have been excellent, and wifi speeds have improved. Breakfast is still a treat, and would highly recommend staying if you are Hanoi.

Great hostel, has two locations, both relatively well located. Staff were friendly, and extremely helpful. Gave good exchange rates (better then xe), were helpful in booking trains and flightts internally. rooms were generally clean, showers and hot water lasted quiet a while. breakfast was very good, noodles and and range to choose from. Choose a tour for ha long bay, 2D 1N. decent price and good tour. importantly they tell you where is good to eat!!! only thing internet was slow.

• 6th Jan 2015