Little Hanoi Hostel Reviews

48 Hang Ga, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Very happy with the quality of service at this hostel. Handsome David from reception was excellent in recommending places to eat and visit and always greeting us at the door whenever we entered/exited the hostel.

• 16th Jan 2016

Great. Thank you.

a great place. good tours from here. the halong bay 1 night standard is perfect: good food, good bed and bathroom on boat. the hotel staff do everything for you possible. ps they have a good value sister hotel in hoi an. take bus 1 from china connection train station to within 100 m or so of hostel. check google maps for easy walk out and to right of traon station...ctoss stream and keep going 50m. bingo bus circle. easy to meet other travellers from staff's friendliness to all.

I owe a lot to Little Hanoi Hostel- Ivy and Dave were very helpful in securing us a room and sorting out some other problems we had in the city, not hostel related. Ivy especially is a trooper. Thank you so much for all your help!

No key for the room, it's just opened all day. Bathroom in the dorm is dark and not kept so clean. Staff in the reception is nice and helpfull, but the kitchen guys were extremely loud so early in the morning, and since the dorm door is close to the kitchen, it was quite disturbing.

Halong Bay tour booking was easy and the 1 night 2 days tour was good. Breakfast was okay. Room was quite cold since during our visit the outside temperature was only +15 degrees. Bedsheets were really warm though.

Really friendly and helpful staff!!!

• 17th Dec 2015

Awesome! Clean, super nice staff great location. Special thanks to handsome dave!

I was only here for one night, but the staff were very helpful. They let me leave my bag there while I went away to Sapa for 2 days, and since I was taking an early morning bus, they even gave me a packed sandwich because I was missing breakfast. A very small surprising gesture but says a lot. I was staying in the 6-bed dorm which was fine for the few hours that I slept there. When I got back early morning, they let me hang out at the lobby till it was time for me to go to the airport.

At first the place seems a little basic and tired perhaps but those impressions soon disappear. The staff are fantastic , welcoming , massively helpful !!! Even after I left they offered to help me with issues . One night they came with me to negotiate a cheaper rate of parking for my motorbike from the local rip-off merchant. ( careful what you pay they charge ridiculous rates for tourists) . Breakfast (free) is great! It's not a party hostel but you can still meet people , I did !

Really great hostel. I stayed in the dorm room and in a twin room. Both were clean and comfortable. Good wifi, good breakfast and a good location. Staff were really friendly. I booked the Halong bay trip with them for a reasonable price and the trip and boat quality was worth the money, you can get the trips cheaper elsewhere but you pay for what you get!

We were shuffled around rooms and hostels a few times .

Quaint hostel with friendly and lovely staff.

I had a great stay! The staff was great about answering questions and booking tours or buses for my future travel. They were also really great about letting me keep my bags there while I took overnight trips. Also met a lot of other travelers and it was a very friendly environment. Would definitely stay again recommend to other travelers!

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Their tour prices seem very competitive and fair.

Attentive staff, reasonably sized lockers, spacious bunk beds in the dorm, good WiFi, like in all the Vietnamese cities' hostels no meaningful communal area. Depositing my backpack from checkout time in the morning to departure in the evening was no problem, I was even offered to take a shower before I finally left.

I scheduled a trip to Ha Long Bay while I was there, and the staff member who assisted me was very helpful and patiently answered all my questions. As a solo traveler, I felt safe and I enjoyed chatting with other guests in the common breakfast area.

Great stuff very helpfull , very good breakfast, all the tours and bus tickets more expensive than the other hostels.

I stayed in the dorm room which was fine except there is no lock on the door and the room is just off the main reception so I got the feeling anyone could wander in there. But the staff were helpful (although tried to push overpriced tours) and the location was perfect.

Great place to stay if you want a clean comfortable and quiet place to stay in the old quarter. The staff really helped us find things to do and we booked a 1 night Sapa homestay through them, which we really enjoyed. It was pricey but I would recommend it.