Little Hanoi Hostel Reviews

48 Hang Ga, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Small but nice room, the owner Kim is extremely nice and helpful. Breakfast, coffee, tea and fruits for free. The hostel seems to have arrangements with tour companies so that they persistantly recommend only specific tours and don't tell you much about other (cheaper) tours. Nevertheless they were helpful and we enjoyed all the tours they recommended.

I absolutely recommend this hostel, the staff where fantastic and go out of their way to help. And ask about the homestay in Sapa it was the highlight

Really wonderful staff who are super friendly and helpful, and will do their best to help you out with any and every problem you might have! I checked out on a Tuesday but they let me leave my bag there while I went to Halong Bay and Sapa, and shower there in between trips. As David would always say, "This is your home, you can do whatever you like!" The free breakfast, and all-day fruit, tea and coffee were great too. Thanks guys ^_^

Me and my girlfriend recently stayed at the Little Hanoi hostel (number 1) and would highly recommend it. The staff 'handsome' David and Kim were really friendly and helpful. Kim helped organise our trip to Ha long bay, Cat Bah Island and our train back to China and did a fantastic job. David upgraded our private room for free as the deluxe room was vacant, and looked after our luggage as we traveled to Ha bay. Breakfast was great, especially considering the price of B&B. Great Location.

Amazing hostel, with Amazing staff, a real gem amongst all the hustle and bustle of Hanoi

• 11th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Little hostel but big in service. Staff made my stay hassle and worry free. They arranged everything from airport transfers and my trip to Halong bay. Rooms are value for money. Hostel's vibe is not as crazy--which is a good thing. Highly recommended.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

Good hostel with good location and great staff. Very helpful.

Highly recommend. Great staff!!

Great place to stay. Staff was very accommodating. If coming from the train station, just be aware of taxi meter scams (not the hostel's fault) - the ride should only cost a couple of dollars.

A great place to stay. The staff are kind, helpful and super-friendly. Kim and David are willing to help with anything you need. Very laid back atmosphere. Good location in the Old Town. About 30min walk from the train station. I stayed there four times between trips to Mai Chau, Sapa and Halong Bay. Felt like a home away from home.

Kim on reception was super helpful abd accomodating of all your needs

Extremely helpful staff, we had an early flight and left before breakfast began and we were given some bread with jam and fruits and some water before leaving. The staff is also very helpful in showing you some good local spots to grab some hanoi specialties to eat! The rooms are great, the shower is also nice and the beds are quite comfortable! Wifi is a little iffy but then again who goes to Vietnam for the internet! Also there is an abundance of complimentary fruit at all times of the day!

• 5th Jun 2014

The Ha Long Bay cruise they recommended was amazing! I am very happy to have stayed at this hostel.

Fantastic hostel, would highly recommend. Not a party hostel but easy to meet people. Ha Long Bay tour I booked through them (Fantasea) was awesome.

I stayed here 4 days 3 night and what I can say about the hostel is. Excellent staff, very helpful, vey acommodating and friendly especial mention to Kim and David. Value for money is so good with overflowing cofee, tea and fruits. What can you ask for more for $7/night. For dorm beds, they have the biggest beds I know for dorms in a hostel. Nice one! I like it so much here. I hope to be back soon and will stay for sure here again at Little Hanoi.

Little Hanoi Hostel was a perfect place to stay in Hanoi. Kim was very helpful with planning our trips, making sure we were comfortable and even helping out when I got sick. Breakfast here was great to start the day and the location is ideal, not too busy but close to everything you needed.

• 31st May 2014

Staff was incredibly helpful in getting and changing local tours without ripping us off

Staff is absolutely wonderful ! David, Kim, courage were exceptional - they set up anything we wanted to do .... They called for our transportation and gave us a wake up call :) the free breakfast was delicious! Perfect place to stay if you are visitng Hanoi - thank you guys!

Amazing facilities. The staff are the nicest people I have met in almost two months of traveling. Really helpful and organized my excursions and onwards travel.

Amazing. I travel alone - I'm not a backpacker but an oldie who's lived in Vietnam and was returning for a visit. The staff were the most welcoming I'm ever encountered, very very friendly, my room was better than a room in a $40/night hotel.

• 25th May 2014