Little Hanoi Hostel Reviews

48 Hang Ga, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

The staff was very friendly and generally helpful in providing information of local tour, though my mate and I were a bit let down by the boat trip at Halong Bay recommended by the receptionist. Location is good. The dorm room was clean despite that the beds are put very close to each other (we stayed in a 6-bed dorm). Breakfast provided and was good. What made me pleased was that though we had to leave very early for the flight, one of the staff still got up and prepared us brief breakfast!

Friendly relaxed staff, always willing to help and thankfully don't scream at you to do their tours. Room was clean, reasonable size with a decent shower and working air con. Would definitely stay here again.

Stay was overall excellent. Complaints: we were harassed when we were leaving for our overnight cruise at Halong Bay, even after we assured them we wanted to pay for the night we wouldn't be staying in the room. I also stayed with a good guy friend (I'm a girl). We insisted on a 2-twin bed room twice. We got shuffled around to different rooms and eventually they stuck us in room with one bed. They said they rented out the rooms with separate beds, saying it was ok since we were a couple.

One of the best hosteld I ever stayed in! And besides that: if you don't know what tour you want to book (what I can imagine in vietnam: many options with the same destination and all different in quality.). Here they're honest, help you with what you want and you'll know what you book!

Really well located hostel with extremely helpful and attentive staff - they booked us our Halong Bay trip and flights. Room was basic but very clean. The only thing missing from a security point of view was a safe or safety deposit box - there's a lockable cupboard, however. Breakfast, too, was basic - basically a bread roll and something else (fried egg, bacon etc). Unlimited tea and coffee, though, helps! We'd stay again for sure - great hostel for what you're paying.

The most helpful staff I've ever met, they spoke great English and knew all about the city and tours and how much we should pay for them. When the dorms were full, we've been put in private bedrooms for the same price, but even the dorms are quite comfortable and have air conditioning. I really loved my stay there.

Kim is basically my mother. She books and looks after anything you can imagine. I will warn you, I requested to take the train from Hanoi to hoi an but Kim was really persistent that I take the bus (commission I think, unfortunately). Anyway, the bus took me 22 hours and only to hue where I had to call the company and complain and taxi me to hoi an. Anyway, hostel is amazing .

Staff (David and Kim) super helpfull and really nice. Good breakfast, clean rooms.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Great location and the staff are the loveliest and most helpful we encountered on our entire trip!

• 21st Jun 2014

The best hostel ever! Kim is a great girl who always tried to help me. If I visit hanoi, I'm staying little hanoi again without hesitation. Thx so much!

• 20th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

I have not experienced hospitality like I did at this hostel before. Kim was incredibly helpful and made my whole North Vietnam stay so perfect. Kim connected me with other travellers and organised a trekking trip to Sapa with a family that I had been trying to get in contact with for a couple of months to stay with, organised my haloing bay trip, stored the majority of my luggage while I was popping in and out of town and even loaned me a small backpack! Such a wonderful place to stay

Small but nice room, the owner Kim is extremely nice and helpful. Breakfast, coffee, tea and fruits for free. The hostel seems to have arrangements with tour companies so that they persistantly recommend only specific tours and don't tell you much about other (cheaper) tours. Nevertheless they were helpful and we enjoyed all the tours they recommended.

I absolutely recommend this hostel, the staff where fantastic and go out of their way to help. And ask about the homestay in Sapa it was the highlight

Really wonderful staff who are super friendly and helpful, and will do their best to help you out with any and every problem you might have! I checked out on a Tuesday but they let me leave my bag there while I went to Halong Bay and Sapa, and shower there in between trips. As David would always say, "This is your home, you can do whatever you like!" The free breakfast, and all-day fruit, tea and coffee were great too. Thanks guys ^_^

Me and my girlfriend recently stayed at the Little Hanoi hostel (number 1) and would highly recommend it. The staff 'handsome' David and Kim were really friendly and helpful. Kim helped organise our trip to Ha long bay, Cat Bah Island and our train back to China and did a fantastic job. David upgraded our private room for free as the deluxe room was vacant, and looked after our luggage as we traveled to Ha bay. Breakfast was great, especially considering the price of B&B. Great Location.

Amazing hostel, with Amazing staff, a real gem amongst all the hustle and bustle of Hanoi

• 11th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Little hostel but big in service. Staff made my stay hassle and worry free. They arranged everything from airport transfers and my trip to Halong bay. Rooms are value for money. Hostel's vibe is not as crazy--which is a good thing. Highly recommended.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

Good hostel with good location and great staff. Very helpful.

Highly recommend. Great staff!!

Great place to stay. Staff was very accommodating. If coming from the train station, just be aware of taxi meter scams (not the hostel's fault) - the ride should only cost a couple of dollars.