Little Hanoi Hostel Reviews

48 Hang Ga, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

I can't describe how amazing this hostel was. Kim and Dave rock. They will make every effort to make you feel at home and have a conversation with their guests on a regular basis to make sure they have the most pleasant stay possible. I felt at home during my time in Hanoi. I left all my stuff there during my trips to Sapa and Halong Bay which they organized for me. I partied at the Hanoi Backpackers hostel and came back here to my cozy (& quiet) hostel... the best strategy I swear!

Great and friendly place:)) I stayed in a dorm; beds are comfortable and you can really have a good night sleep! Room is air conditioned and spacious; there are really big lockers and you get a key. Breakfast is included, is huge and really good. Clean towels. Clean bathroom. Great atmosphere! WiFi excellent. And, above all, staff is the best (Kim and David, thank you for all your help and advice)!! I booked Sapa and Halong Bay tours at the hostel and both were great.

Brilliant hostel. Staff are very friendly and very helpful. We stayed on three separate nights whilst going between Sapa and Halong Bay. We were able to leave our luggage there whilst on trips and they always had a room ready for us on our return. Good selection, and honest advise on the trips. Free fruit and coffee. Great breakfast included. Rooms were lovely and clean. Definitely recommend.

We loved it at Little Hanoi Hostel! On our first night we were upgraded to a larger room because it wasn't booked by anyone else. We also came back here for 2 extra nights after our trip to Ha Long Bay because we were so comfortable here. Our room was lovely, and all of the double rooms that we stayed in had a king size bed. Staff here were very happy and helpful and Kim was amazing! They were also more than happy to store our luggage for trips away. Thanks to everyone at Little Hanoi Hostel!

• 16th May 2014

This was my favorite hostel in Vietnam. The staff here were the best. They make you feel at home and have great sense of humor. Great location in the old town, many great food places nearby. The staff were very helpful in planning out my itinerary for the rest of my trip in vietnam.

Awesome hostel - this was my first time backpacking and the staff here were not only friendly, but also helped me so much. The airline had lost my luggage, so I had needed a bit more attention than usual. It's basically like a hotel, fully AC'd and there's even wifi around. The common room is lively, and it's really easy to meet people. Highly recommended :)

I had a great experience at this hostel. They sent a car to pick me up at the airport, and the driver found me immediately. He drove me straight to the hostel. I had a private room which was nice and clean. I met a great group of people that I walked around Hanoi with. The staff helped me select a tour of Ha Long Bay, which I loved. When I came back from Ha Long Bay, this hostel was full, so they gave me a room at Little Hanoi Diamond, which is fancier. Great place, great staff.

• 12th May 2014

I like David and Kim very much, they helped me a lot during my stay there. They both are very informative and help me to discover great places around hanoi and help booked my trip to Halong Bay. Very pleasant and warm. Extra point for Kim who always make sure i keep myself safe since i was travelling alone.

• 10th May 2014
  • Malaysia

We stayed with Little Hanoi in our first night in Vietnam and Kim made us feel so welcomed. She also helped us booked tours to Halong Bay and Sapa, it was so easy! The other staffs are also really friendly and they also speak really good English. The hostel also allowed us to leave our backpacks in the hostel while we were away and didn't charge us to use their facilities (showers and free breakfasts) when we didn't stay the night. They also gave us delicious fruits!!! Yum!!!

• 8th May 2014
  • New Zealand

Great hostel, clean, nice athmosphere, free coffee tea & fresh fruit all day long. funny and helpfull staff! great place to stay in Hanoi.

• 7th May 2014

Great hostel and fantastic staff- really good to help organise tours to Sapa. Great location in the old quarter too

Amazing hostel!!!! Kim on reception is the most wonderful vietnemese person iv ever met! She knows everything about Vietnam and will share all her knowledge with you! And she will look after you like your royalty! The place is awesome! Stay here!

Lovely place with a great atmosphere! Staff people always keen to help you throughout your whole stay in Vietnam. Could not be more satisfied of a hostel. I totally recommend it to anyone going to Hanoi anytime soon.

The staff and the rooms are excellent!!!!

Very friendly stuff gave us a lot helpful information.

Best hostel I've stayed at in a long time! The staff are friendly and helpful. The beds are comfortable, each with their own light and power outlet and a secure locker for each guest, a TV in the room, and a clean en suite with hot water. Tea, coffee and fruit available free all day, and the breakfast options are vast and tasty.The en suite had a bad smell at times due to the drainage system, and the noise from the kitchen and breakfast area travels to the ground floor dorm which can wake you up

Excellent place to stay! The staff will make everything to make your stay at Hanoi the best!

Cool hostel. Friendly staff. I felt welcome from the moment I crossed the door, and met a bunch of fellow travelers in the lobby/snack bar area where we planned some improv activities in the city, including a food tour with Awesome Travel which the hostel set up for us. Well placed in the city – roughly 6-7 minute walk from the lake and main fresh beer “Bia Hoi” street (0,25 USD per glass) – and not as obnoxious and full of college meatheads as the backpacker's hostel downtown.

This was definately one of the best hostels we stayed in in SE Asia. The rooms are clean and the staff, especially Alice and David are helpful (and ALOT of fun! ) with everything from directions to organising any trips and tours you want to do, without putting you under any pressure, unlike some other hostels in vietnam. The free breakfast is lovely and there is a good variety of options. lt is sociable without being too rowdy! Perfect location! Really enjoyed both times we stayed here!

• 22nd Apr 2014

The staff is excellent. They speak very good English, will help you with booking tours and giving honest opinions on them, and help you with recommendations around Hanoi. They have luggage storage if you go on a trek or a trip, 1-day laundry service, and the free breakfeast starts early at 0700. The atmosphere is more relaxed and if you want to party there are other hostels to go to.