Little Hanoi Hostel Reviews

48 Hang Ga, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Fantastic hostel in a great location with the best staff. Honestly, this has been our best hostel in 3 weeks. Free hot drinks and fruit 24hrs! Laundry service.... we were flying first thing it the morning and needed our washing done ASAP so they made sure it wss done and brought it to our room! DAVID and LEE on reception are fantastic help with great customer service. Lee booked our flights & David spent a lot of time with us choosing the best cruise for Halong Bay. Can't wait to go back!

• 17th Nov 2013

Staff are incredibly friendly and will do anything to help you out. Great location and awesome tours!

• 17th Nov 2013

I had a private room which was very nice and good value. The staff is great and will help you book tours, bus tickets, etc. It is more hotel like than hostel but that is true at most places in Vietnam. There is a commen area but it's not as cozy as a traditional hostel. My only complaint is that the wifi didn't work in my room. I asked about that and they said they've been working on it for months. There are routers on every floor, they just don't work.

The staff (Lili, David, and everyone else) are warm and do their best to provide a nice stay. The only downside is the common area is not conducive to meeting people. If you are booking a hostel for the more sociable environment that is conducive to meeting people, then you may as well go to a different hostel or pay a couple extra dollars for a hotel which has more ammenities.

• 15th Nov 2013

We arrived from hong kong and had the hostel send a private car which worked out the same as a taxi would have cost. The hostel staff were very welcoming and very helpful when it came to any questions which we had regarding hanoi attractions or any trips. We did the halong bay trip for 3days and 2 nights on the boat with fantasea which we booked through the hostel. we strongly recommend this. Water was hot, room clean and breakfast included. Also tea, coffee and fruit whenever you want.

Very friendly staff! They booked a great tour to Halong Bay for us. Very nice atmosphere in the lobby with tea and fruit.

• 12th Nov 2013

Real value for money! Four of us stayed in one room for four nights. We paid a little over five dollars each per night. For that we got - free breakfast every morning, free coffee/tea and fruits at the reception, a mini fridge, a satellite TV, air conditioned room, our own wash room, room service (they gave us new towels every day and also did the beds for us) and the staff were great in answering our queries and helping us to book tours on a really short notice. Why wouldn't you stay here?!

The staff is top!!!

Stayed 1 nite here b4 cruise in ha long bay. Were that we would have a room when we got back but maybe not there at a sister property. Other people who were staying there

• 7th Nov 2013

Very good experience in general. Free breakfast in morning and fruit and tea/coffee all day were great. Was disappointed then when I tried to re-book my room I was told that there was space but they couldn't guarantee me the room and in the end tried to move me to a different hostel with the logic that I "had stayed there before so I could go somewhere else but new visitors would want to stay in the actual hostel so needed to be priority"

They overbooked us but sent us to their sister hotel, Blue Sky- which was absolutely amazing. If they are anything like their sister hotel than this is probably a great hostel.

I booked this hostel but when i arrived they were full so they took me a couple of blocks away to little hanoi diamon hostel. People was very friendly in general. Just one guy who is usually at night and a girl that is during the morning were not so friendly. But the rest of the staff yes. Even the cleaning ladies were always saying hello. The breakfast is quite good. I even heard better that the hostel that i originally booked. They always have coffee and tea free. The tea sucks though...

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Chile

This hostel definitely is a home away from home! The staff are all amazing and really work to make your experience in Hanoi exactly what you want. Lily and David especially have been so attentive, sorted out fantastic trips to Halong Bay and Sapa and worked out all the refunds and changes to plans because of the typhoon (which could have been particularly stressful, but was a breeze because of them!). I would definitely come back again and would recommend it to anyone coming to Hanoi.

Staff were amazingly helpful and booking our trips to sapa and halong bay which were both amazing! Gave us great recomendations for food and shopping and things to look at. Dave the reception guy is super cool!!

Lilly and David acted as travel agents rather than just hostel receptionists. Good advice for tours to Ha Long Bay and Sa Pa. Even when you checked-out of the hostel you can leave your big luggage with them for days and you can have a shower when you pick it up, which you will greatly appreciate after traveling for a full day or night in the warm Vietnamese weather.

This was the first place we stayed when we arrived in Vietnam, and it was so good we came back for two more nights before we flew home! The staff spoke excellent English and were happy to sort out airport lifts and train tickets for us. They also offered a range of recommended Halong Bay tours - in the end there was a problem with our boat, but the hostel staff negotiated us an upgrade at no extra cost. We also met some good mates whilst hanging round the hostel. A good place to stay!

Great Hostel, Excellent and very Helpful staff!

The staff here is mostly one person, Lily, and she manages to be 3 top-notch people in a busy environment. My room was a huge double, a real bargain. Breakfast was basic, but adequate. AC controls were in rough shape, and in Chinese. Wifi was a problem, many of us often not able to log on---they are aware of it, and say they are on it. For me, it became an issue, so they graciously transferred me to their sister place--Little Diamond, with equally nice and caring staff.

It had what every traveller needed 😊 One niggling thing, the wifi was temperamental so if that's a huge thing for anyone then look somewhere else but other than that it was pretty decent 😊

Pobably the most friendliest staff ever. Alsways happy to chat and help! Good breakfast for free. Room was ok but clean. Would def recommend it!