Little Hanoi Hostel Reviews

48 Hang Ga, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

This was definately one of the best hostels we stayed in in SE Asia. The rooms are clean and the staff, especially Alice and David are helpful (and ALOT of fun! ) with everything from directions to organising any trips and tours you want to do, without putting you under any pressure, unlike some other hostels in vietnam. The free breakfast is lovely and there is a good variety of options. lt is sociable without being too rowdy! Perfect location! Really enjoyed both times we stayed here!

• 22nd Apr 2014

The staff is excellent. They speak very good English, will help you with booking tours and giving honest opinions on them, and help you with recommendations around Hanoi. They have luggage storage if you go on a trek or a trip, 1-day laundry service, and the free breakfeast starts early at 0700. The atmosphere is more relaxed and if you want to party there are other hostels to go to.

Great staff, and the Sapa tours are cheaper than the tour company

"Excellent" across the board. Common area is easy enough for meeting other people, however not atmosphere is not intended for crazy party's if that was your intention.

Bathroom in dorm room makes the whole room smell really bad, but you do get used to it after a while in the room. Otherwise there was a TV with cable (english HBO!) in the dorm.

it was a really good stay in Little Hanoi Hostel 1. Very nice staff. They really helped me during my trip. Very clean and save. And a very cozy atmosphere where you can meet other people. I would recommend this place.

It is a very nice hostel. I have stayed in dorm as well as single room. The room is clean and large as well as the bed. This is not a hostel for party, but it is perfect if you want some quite time. The breakfast is included and they have many choices. Fruits, coffee and tea served all day. I also booked a day tour to Tam Coc with them. It was fantastic! Staff are very friendly and helpful. This is the best I have ever stayed. Definitely coming back if I revisit Hanoi.

The staff were so friendly and helpful, willing to offer advice on anything! I would definitely recommend staying here and the rooms were really nice and clean. Great location close to everything and the breakfast was good too! What more could you need!

Great Hostel

• 12th Apr 2014

The staff is amazing. They help you whenever they can: booking trips, giving you directions or just telling you reasonable prices for things you want to buy. I strongly recommend the hostel. The hostel is located in the center from Hanoi and not too far away from many attractions.

The two people who run this hostel are just incredible - they're so friendly and helped me book everything I needed while I was staying there. The place is spotless, and the breakfast is really delicious and has variety which is pretty rare for a freebie! I would recommend this hostel a ton to anyone. I stayed in the dorm which was a really tight space - I hit my head a lot on the bunks :( and there's no wifi in that room. Otherwise, great!

What an amazing place. I have been traveling in SE Asia for 7 months and the staff here is the best I've had the pleasure of spending time with. One of the staff is from Sapa and arranged one of the best trips I've ever experienced. An amazing homestay and off the tourist trail. Thank you so much Little Hanoi Hostel, my home in Hanoi.

• 5th Apr 2014

We have been traveling for a long time and this is one of the best hostels we have ever been in. All the staff are very good, we always got the feeling that they help as not because they have to- they just want to! We really liked the rooms: clean, air-con, a bath! Big and comfi, and wifi is very good in the lobby. At the morning you get free breakfast and theres always free snacks and hot drinks in lobby Excellent value for your money! Best staff ever, especially David- we love you, thank u

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Israel

Great place to stay in Hanoi, the location is central to most sites in the old quarter and the staff are friendly and very helpful with arranging tours

Little Hanoi was great! Especially the staff who helped us figure out Hanoi and Halong Bay.

Great hostel. I stayed in. The 6 bed dorm. Very clean, good beds an ensuite. Staff very helpful in giving information about the area, booking tours and transport. Would definitely recommend.

Defenitly worth to visit; big beds (even in dorms), hot shower, clean,breakfast/coffee/thee and fruit for free. A good place to stay for people who travel alone/in small groups and would like to meet other people. The staff (David and Lilly) are both very kind and helpfull. You can ask them anything, they will always try to answer your questions.

• 29th Mar 2014

I was so pleased with the accommodation and helpfulness of the staff at the hostel that I decided to book and stay an extra nights. It is clean, in a great location… just a short walk to the old city and the lake. Free breakfast. They can help you book tours.

The staff does everything in their power to please you. We we're to late to send an email to book our room again a few days later but they remembered that we were coming back on that date and they kept two beds free in the dorm. The breakfast is perfect for the money you pay, you have a lot of choice. And it's really clean, they clean the floor like twice / three times a day or something. You can easily meet people here! One of the best hostels I stayed in during my 7months of travelling!

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Belgium

Awesome hostel, really nice facilities and really nice people. The receptionist was a great joker but sorry for forgetting his name. I will definitely stay here when I return to Hanoi.

• 25th Mar 2014