Little Hanoi Hostel Reviews

48 Hang Ga, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

We loved Little Hanoi. Excellent location in the old town meant we were in walking distance of everything. The hostel is very comfortable and clean, and offers a good breakfast and best of all ,tea and coffee available till the late hours. The staff are great,very friendly and extremely helpful. Thank you to Lily and David for making us feel so welcome,we would definitely stay again.

• 16th Oct 2013
  • Couple, 41+

the staff was very welcoming and helpful in any kind concerns. booking trips was very easy and good value. everything was well organised and worked out well! thanks Lilly and Dave :-) the athmosphere at the little hanoi hostel was also very nice and it's easy to get to know new people.

The staff was really helpful and did everything to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Helped to find excursions that would fit what you were looking for and were very friendly. Rooms are clean, look nice (esp. the doubles at the front) and there are spacious closets for your luggage. Minibar, bathtub and A/C in rooms.

Me and my girlfriend really enjoyed our stay in Little Hanoi! The staff are very helpful and knowledgeagble especially Dave who always has a smile on his face and made us feel very welcome! Location is excellent where you are right in the heart of the city yet still quiet when in the room! Free Internet/Free Fruit/Free Breakfast and Free Tea as well!!

Great start in Vietnam. Was greeted super friendly by the staff and felt at home right away. Especially receptionist David is a hero with so much info on Hanoi and Vietnam. Always had a good advice at hand and probably the most knowledgable and honest guy in tourism in Hanoi. Clean hostel, breakfast and right in the Old Quarter - and the price is right. Will stay again.

The place is perfect to rest and sleep with great size room and nice facilities. But the wifi doesn't go to your room not even in the dining room which is near the lobby room (where the wifi works). The staff is charming and the food is delicious. The only downside is the high price of the trips they offer you. We booked Sappa and Halong bay in another place for 100$USD less. Except that, great place to go!

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! The staff are beyond helpful, booking me day trips, train tickets etc. the room is so cheap and nice and you get a massive free breakfast everyday! I've based myself there as there are a lot of places near by to visit and spend 1-2 days at and they hold your luggage for free so all I have to do is take a day bag with them! Love them!

• 2nd Oct 2013

HI There Lee Lee and David Both were a pleasure to deal with and made our stay in Hanoi very easy and stress free, Great english skills and was happy with the tours Lee Lee recommended. They organised all our transfer and flights in and out of Hanoi. Thanks Again

The staff is wonderful - they make a point to remember your name - are very helpful about offering suggestions and booking tours, train tickets, etc... would definitely stay with them again

• 1st Oct 2013

Thanks to Lilly and David for being so accommodating! Though we were transferred to the Little Diamond Hotel on our last night in Hanoi, I would have preferred to stay on the hostel. But it's ok though. They've arranged everything. We also enjoyed the Bai Linh Pagoda (though it is unfinished yet and just quite new) and the eco-tourism tour.

Great value for money. The hostel is clean enough for Hanoi and the breakfast is nice. Also cool that you can have a beverage anytime through the day. Staff is helpful and willingfull and always looking after you. I messed my check-in and they did not charge me for the night.

The hostel is clean, comfortable with very friendly staff who go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The beds in the dorm room are good for a decent nights sleep and the free breakfast in the morning is also very nice. Good location amongst the maze that is Hanoi's old town.

A good of our trip through Vietnam. Amazing staff, especially lily, David and courage. They will always greet you with a smile and help you with everything you will need.

• 29th Sep 2013

The location and services at the hostel were great, but what really made the stay great was the staff. They were all incredibly friendly and helpful and are able to set up any trip and excursions for Vietnam.

Great hostel. The staff are really caring and the rooms are great value. I got into a moto accident and they placed me in a nice room on the first floor for easy access. They remembered my name and asked me each day how I was doing. Plus the complimentary breakfast is excellent - awesome platter of fruit, bread, and coffee. Highly recommended!

Not a hostel. Clean, close, very helpful but not a great atmosphere for backpacers because it is so small...

The free breakfast is fantastic and the staff are very helpful and friendly. Great deal for the price!

• 25th Sep 2013

This hostel is really about the staff. Lilly and David are very helpful and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. It is also really convenient to book tours and other tickets through them and they are very flexible if you change your plans. While I was on my trips to Halong Bay and to Sapa, I left my big backpack with them, which made things so much easier. The 6-bed dorm is a little bit cramped but fine otherwise. Also I appreciated the different options for breakfast (its free).

The people at the reception are so amazingly helpful and give real and correct information. Dave booked us a trip to Sapa, and when we compared to the other trips, ours was the most amazing one. Little Hanoi Hostel has been our home away from home in Hanoi. While we were on our trips to Halong Bay and to Sapa, our luggage was safely stored and looked after. When we came back, we were offered a shower and breakfast even without booking an extra room for a night. Absolutely great!

This was my second time staying here. Once again, The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly.their recommendations for restaurants and shopping were great!

• 21st Sep 2013