Little Hanoi Hostel Reviews

48 Hang Ga, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Fantastic hostel, would highly recommend. Not a party hostel but easy to meet people. Ha Long Bay tour I booked through them (Fantasea) was awesome.

I stayed here 4 days 3 night and what I can say about the hostel is. Excellent staff, very helpful, vey acommodating and friendly especial mention to Kim and David. Value for money is so good with overflowing cofee, tea and fruits. What can you ask for more for $7/night. For dorm beds, they have the biggest beds I know for dorms in a hostel. Nice one! I like it so much here. I hope to be back soon and will stay for sure here again at Little Hanoi.

Little Hanoi Hostel was a perfect place to stay in Hanoi. Kim was very helpful with planning our trips, making sure we were comfortable and even helping out when I got sick. Breakfast here was great to start the day and the location is ideal, not too busy but close to everything you needed.

• 31st May 2014

Staff was incredibly helpful in getting and changing local tours without ripping us off

Staff is absolutely wonderful ! David, Kim, courage were exceptional - they set up anything we wanted to do .... They called for our transportation and gave us a wake up call :) the free breakfast was delicious! Perfect place to stay if you are visitng Hanoi - thank you guys!

Amazing facilities. The staff are the nicest people I have met in almost two months of traveling. Really helpful and organized my excursions and onwards travel.

Amazing. I travel alone - I'm not a backpacker but an oldie who's lived in Vietnam and was returning for a visit. The staff were the most welcoming I'm ever encountered, very very friendly, my room was better than a room in a $40/night hotel.

• 25th May 2014

This a good overall hostel. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

I can't describe how amazing this hostel was. Kim and Dave rock. They will make every effort to make you feel at home and have a conversation with their guests on a regular basis to make sure they have the most pleasant stay possible. I felt at home during my time in Hanoi. I left all my stuff there during my trips to Sapa and Halong Bay which they organized for me. I partied at the Hanoi Backpackers hostel and came back here to my cozy (& quiet) hostel... the best strategy I swear!

Great and friendly place:)) I stayed in a dorm; beds are comfortable and you can really have a good night sleep! Room is air conditioned and spacious; there are really big lockers and you get a key. Breakfast is included, is huge and really good. Clean towels. Clean bathroom. Great atmosphere! WiFi excellent. And, above all, staff is the best (Kim and David, thank you for all your help and advice)!! I booked Sapa and Halong Bay tours at the hostel and both were great.

Brilliant hostel. Staff are very friendly and very helpful. We stayed on three separate nights whilst going between Sapa and Halong Bay. We were able to leave our luggage there whilst on trips and they always had a room ready for us on our return. Good selection, and honest advise on the trips. Free fruit and coffee. Great breakfast included. Rooms were lovely and clean. Definitely recommend.

We loved it at Little Hanoi Hostel! On our first night we were upgraded to a larger room because it wasn't booked by anyone else. We also came back here for 2 extra nights after our trip to Ha Long Bay because we were so comfortable here. Our room was lovely, and all of the double rooms that we stayed in had a king size bed. Staff here were very happy and helpful and Kim was amazing! They were also more than happy to store our luggage for trips away. Thanks to everyone at Little Hanoi Hostel!

• 16th May 2014

This was my favorite hostel in Vietnam. The staff here were the best. They make you feel at home and have great sense of humor. Great location in the old town, many great food places nearby. The staff were very helpful in planning out my itinerary for the rest of my trip in vietnam.

Awesome hostel - this was my first time backpacking and the staff here were not only friendly, but also helped me so much. The airline had lost my luggage, so I had needed a bit more attention than usual. It's basically like a hotel, fully AC'd and there's even wifi around. The common room is lively, and it's really easy to meet people. Highly recommended :)

I had a great experience at this hostel. They sent a car to pick me up at the airport, and the driver found me immediately. He drove me straight to the hostel. I had a private room which was nice and clean. I met a great group of people that I walked around Hanoi with. The staff helped me select a tour of Ha Long Bay, which I loved. When I came back from Ha Long Bay, this hostel was full, so they gave me a room at Little Hanoi Diamond, which is fancier. Great place, great staff.

• 12th May 2014

I like David and Kim very much, they helped me a lot during my stay there. They both are very informative and help me to discover great places around hanoi and help booked my trip to Halong Bay. Very pleasant and warm. Extra point for Kim who always make sure i keep myself safe since i was travelling alone.

We stayed with Little Hanoi in our first night in Vietnam and Kim made us feel so welcomed. She also helped us booked tours to Halong Bay and Sapa, it was so easy! The other staffs are also really friendly and they also speak really good English. The hostel also allowed us to leave our backpacks in the hostel while we were away and didn't charge us to use their facilities (showers and free breakfasts) when we didn't stay the night. They also gave us delicious fruits!!! Yum!!!

• 8th May 2014
  • New Zealand

Great hostel, clean, nice athmosphere, free coffee tea & fresh fruit all day long. funny and helpfull staff! great place to stay in Hanoi.

• 7th May 2014

Great hostel and fantastic staff- really good to help organise tours to Sapa. Great location in the old quarter too

Amazing hostel!!!! Kim on reception is the most wonderful vietnemese person iv ever met! She knows everything about Vietnam and will share all her knowledge with you! And she will look after you like your royalty! The place is awesome! Stay here!