Little Hanoi Hostel Reviews

48 Hang Ga, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

3 nights in a doubleroom - Already my second stay at the Little Hanoi Hostel. Good value for money & smart staff.

Great hostel in a perfect location in Hanoi. The staff are the best point in my opinion, they go out of their way to make your stay welcome. They booked up trips to ha long bay, sapa mountains and my bus ride down to Hue in the blink of an eye. If i return to Hanoi i will stay here for sure and i would recommed this hostel to everyone. Free breakfast is also great

• 20th Jan 2014

I stayed at Little Hanoi Hostel this past week, in addition to staying with them in Hanoi, I booked two trips through them. One to Sa Pa and one to Ha Long Bay. They have a great location and the staff speak phenmonal English. Furthermore, they were able to book me a train ticket to Hue on short notice (close to Vietnamese New Year). The price is unbeatable, the staff very friendly and the breakfast (included in the price) was really good. If you come to Vietnam, stay here! Thanks Lily

I only spent one night there, but I think I should have stayed more when I look back. Free breakfast, friendly staff, right in the Old Quarter. I hear they can really help in any other trips you have and also book a train ticket for you.

Overall a very good hostel. The best part was the staff and free breakfast. My only minor (and i stress it is minor) is the lack of atmosphere, but on the whole it was a clean, safe and very friendly place to stay at.

Room was clean and cheap and we got a good breakfast included but the shower was cold and bathroom was a bit dirty. The airport transfer was good even though our flight was delayed for 5 hours. Staff were friendly and helped us to book two fantastic trips to Ha Long bay and Sapa (while we were away they also stored our large bags in a safe room). We were very close to a lot of the major attractions and good bars and restaurants. Reception was great for when we got back at 4:30am from the train.

I stayed in the dorm room and single. Dorm- the bunk beds were very close to each other. I could stick out my arm and touch the person sleeping on the next bunk over. One bathroom for six people on the 5th floor. If in use, you have to trek your way down the stairs to the bottom - a bit annoying. Each bed had a locker with provided key. One of the lockers was broken. Single room was great, but at a cost similar to hotel. Staff was extraordinarily nice. Slamming FREE breakfast to start the day.

Very good service from the staffs . The staffs were very friendly and helpful. I was sick during my stay and need some medicine. The staff arranged someone to go with me to the nearest pharmacy to buy medicine. This is beyond the services they should be providing. I really enjoyed my stay there. Thank you so much

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Singapore

Great place to stay. Lily and David are so friendly and helpful they cannot do enough for you. They really make you feel like you're at home. Even offering showers for people not leaving til later in the day. No wifi in the rooms , but I believe this is a big plus as people come out of their rooms and socialise and share travel stories. I would 100% recommend this to anyone looking for a friendly! clean! safe and sociable hostel.

Def. worth the money! Nice and clean room, friendly staff and good location. I would stay there again.

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • Switzerland

Overall good. Lily was particularly welcoming and very helpful.

I liked my stay in the hotel. The staff was really helpful and the trip they recomemded for Ha long bay was what they promised it to be. The room was clean and the beds are really wide.

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • Slovenia

(-) small bathroom w/ little counter space (-) showerhead only (not separate shower), i.e. wet floor (-) bathroom attached to bedroom, i.e. everyone can hear your business (-) cramped quarters (/) luggage storage is tucked away in a small room, but door unlocked (+) large lockers (+) helpful, attentive and friendly staff (+) tasty, tasty breakfast (+) comfy beds (+) lights and power outlets at each bed (+) fresh white sheets (+) decent WiFi (+) maintained TP supply

Very nice hostel right in the old quarter. Extremely friendly staff who are willing to accommodate your every need. Also free breakfast is tasty baguettes, eggs, jam etc which is great. Cheap laundry service as well. Only con was the wifi wasn't working properly in our room on the 4th level so we had to go down to the lobby to use it.

Staff very helpful on my early arrival and did not try and force the Halong Bay tour on me!

This was a great hostel to stay at and one of my favorites in Vietnam. They offered a delicious breakfast and coffee, tea and fresh fruit all day. Lily and David went out of there way to really make you feel comfortable and offered great advice. Would definitely come back and stay again!

Little Hanoi Hostel 1 is a great place to stay. The staff is very friendly and speak English very well. They are eager to help you out if you need any help. We booked two trips through them which were good and worth the money. The best thing was that in between trips we were able to come back to have a shower and free breakfast. The location is also good, you can easily walk to the different tourist attrations. We enjoyed staying here and would deffinitely choose it again.

• 23rd Dec 2013

Excellent staff - Lilly and David - thanks again. Booked tours from here to Sapa and Ha Long bay with both being good. No problem leaving stuff while on either trip- when I came back from Sapa they transferred me to one of their other hostels which costs slightly more at no extra cost.

It's rare to find a place with a staff so thoughtful. Everyone is very nice, smily and helpful. It's clean, hot shower, good breakfast, tea/coffee and fruits all day. The location is great and you can walk everywhere easily. They can store you're bag few weeks for free and you can take a shower even if you already checked out. Special thanks to David, always in a good mood, love to joke, speak about Vietnamese culture and spend time with hosts to improve his english already very good ;-)

Really friendly and helpful staff. Fruits, Coffee and Tea for free. And a nice breakfast included. It's worth it to stay there every minute. A bit like home.

• 18th Dec 2013