Little Hanoi Hostel Reviews

48 Hang Ga, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

The free breakfast is fantastic and the staff are very helpful and friendly. Great deal for the price!

• 25th Sep 2013

This hostel is really about the staff. Lilly and David are very helpful and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. It is also really convenient to book tours and other tickets through them and they are very flexible if you change your plans. While I was on my trips to Halong Bay and to Sapa, I left my big backpack with them, which made things so much easier. The 6-bed dorm is a little bit cramped but fine otherwise. Also I appreciated the different options for breakfast (its free).

The people at the reception are so amazingly helpful and give real and correct information. Dave booked us a trip to Sapa, and when we compared to the other trips, ours was the most amazing one. Little Hanoi Hostel has been our home away from home in Hanoi. While we were on our trips to Halong Bay and to Sapa, our luggage was safely stored and looked after. When we came back, we were offered a shower and breakfast even without booking an extra room for a night. Absolutely great!

This was my second time staying here. Once again, The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly.their recommendations for restaurants and shopping were great!

• 21st Sep 2013

Little Hanoi is great! I had a great stay; Lily and Davi are very kind and helpful. I had originally booked for 3 night stays but ended up stayin only two nights; they didn't mind. Also, I missed my flight for Hanoi and told them very late that i would be coming two days later. The room is clean with a shared bathroom, they offer fruits, coffee and tea for free everyday and breakfast is included --best price for value. Highly recommended.

• 18th Sep 2013

The staff was really nice and helpful !!

We enjoyed our stay here. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I felt they gave us honest and fair prices and were very helpful booking a Ha Long Bay tour. The free breakfasts were great and always free tea, coffee and fruit. Would definitely recommend.

Staff were so helpful and friendly. Free breakfast was a good start to the day. Would stay here again.

Good hostel in a good location. Helpful and funny staff, yet they seem to forget who you are because "foreigners all look alike". The dorm I stayed in was a bit cramped but beds are excellent. Booked a tour with them to Sapa, which was a bit disappointing but, after hearing my review, the hostel immediately called the tour operator for an explanation and apologized.

The staff are amazing here...especially Lily! It's a good hostel with some good points and some bad points. Sadly the dorm is on the ground floor at the back so no natural light and not much space. There is no communal area other than the dinning area/reception area. Free breakfast is good, free fresh fruit all day is awesome. Wifi is pretty good. Once again staff are awesome and if it wasn't for them I would have probably gone elsewhere just cause of the lack of space. Also only two toilets.

On my 5am arrival, I was offered a shower and breakfast at 7am free of charge. I left my bags with them as I had booked the Halong Bay tour and wasn't staying here until the following night. Yet I was still treated well, as if I was! My laundry was done by the time I got back. Rooms a little squashed ie not much floor space but beds good and spacious. Would stay again.

David and Lily are very helpful receptionists! David invited me to his wedding and I went with the hostel staff. It was a very great surprise. They are very helpful to book for you. They also will help to fetch you a cab and negotiate a price with the driver.

Little Hanoi Hostel tries to (and succeeds at) making your stay in Hanoi enjoyable and smooth. It's quieter than some of the other party atmosphere Hanoi hostels - not saying that in a negative way - just FYI. It's a great value.

We had a lovely stay at Little Hanoi Hostel, the staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and at home and helped us with rearraning our trip last minute. We would definitely recommend staying here!

Extremely friendly staff. Very helpful and informative. Coffee and tea is a nice touch as well as free breakfast! Great stay. Highly recommended.

Great Hotel, very cheerful and very helpful english-speaking staff. Located in the core of Hanoi, most sites can be reached by foot.

• 6th Sep 2013

I'm Korean staying in Little Hanoi Hostel 1. Every staff is so friendly and kind. Good location, Good speaking english guys. reasonable price. You don't worry about travel with Little Hanoi. I strongly recommend you.

Loved this hostel! The staff were so friendly and helpful. I stayed for a week and half, and booked a Sapa trip through the front desk. Everyone was so helpful. It was walking distance to the lake, museums, etc, and there was free breakfast every morning. My favourite part...unlimited free coffee! I'd avoid the dorm (a bit noisy, not a nice bathroom) and get a private room (very nice and very cheap). Overall: highly recommended, mostly due to the wonderful staff.

I stayed in the dorm and in a private room. The private room are very good. The place is very clean. But as everywhere in vietnam you find some cockroach who snake into the rooms lol. But nothing bad. The breakfast is good. And the staff is lovely. They make everything to make your life easier and to make you feel at home. I really enjoyed staying at Little Hanoi. I would definitly recommand this hostel. And we did the Sapa and the Halong Bay tour with them and it was great.

Great hostel in the heart of Hanoi. Hostel crew is very friendly and so helpful, they will do the maximum to facilitate your stay.