Little Hanoi Hostel Reviews

48 Hang Ga, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Nice recipience, but within the days the staff seemed to us to be too personal, even thought he tried to be friendly and help us in every case. It was nice to have free tea, coffee and fruits every day. The breakfast was ok, but we needn't to pay extra. The room was quite small but enough for 2 nights. Sadly we had no hair dryer in the room, not good at 20 degrees. It was also a little bit loud in the morning because the window was in direction to the room where everybody had breakfast.

David was quite a character! The place was excellent!

Unless u r traveling for luxurious comfort (in which case you won't stay at a hostel anyway),stayin at LITTLE HANOI HOSTEL 1 is not even an option,but a MUST! Always tidy,comfortable,24/7 complimentary coffee/tea/fruits for its guests, as well breakfast in morning. Anything it lacks at all it makes up in SERVICE. Staff is really helpful & will help u arrange anything you need from bus tickets-tours-purchasin advice. DavidLuong Bui at reception is just amazin and now a friend! My Home in Hanoi!

I think, I've never experienced such a lovely welcome in a hostel. Lily is just awesome! I also really enjoyed the free coffee, tea and fruit all day long. People that stayed there were nice, beds comfy, really nothing to complain about.

The best hostel we've stayed at in Vietnam, and right at the end of our trip! The staff are very friendly and helpful, we organised a halong bay tour through them and were able to leave our backpacks at the hostel. We arrived at 8.30am off the night bus from Hue and they gave us breakfast and put us in a family room because the dorm beds we'd booked weren't free yet. Decent breakfast and free tea, coffee and fruit all day. Came back for 2 more nights after our halong bay trip. Highly recommended

We stayed in this place for 2 nights. However, David, the receptionist, organized all our trips including transportation to Halong Bay and Sapa. Both trips were very good value to money and we enjoyed them very much. The service has been absolutely fantastic.

• 22nd Feb 2014

Hot water does not last beyond 10mins. Staff was extremely friendly and approachable. They do not push you to buy tours from them but instead give you tips on how to spot scammers.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Jnus93
  • Singapore

Extremely friendly staff, by far one of the best in SA. I definitely come back to little Hanoi

This place was good, staff were great and helpful. We only stayed for a few nights to go to halong bay which we arranged through the hostel with relative ease. My friend was really sick and they changed the sheets at 3am and made sure he was ok which was great. Food was good, no problems :)

Excellent all round good breakfast stayed twice

Very friendly staff, that don't want to sell you something, but is very helpful. When we returned after 7 days they immediatly remembered our names:) Furthermore all day there are fresh fruits and coffee for free avialable. Large luggage storage and having a shower, even if you checked out already, is no problem.

• 6th Feb 2014

Located right next to the old quarter, this was my first stop in Hanoi. The service was great, a guy picked me up from the airport and sorted me out with a Vietnamese sim card which was awesome. The dorm beds are solid wood and very sturdy, no late night interruptions. Free coffee/tea/fresh fruit all day. Lily and David were very helpful with plenty of information about Hanoi. Booked Halong bay and 4 nights trekking in Sapa with them and the tours were great! Would come back again!

Fantastic place! Everything is amazing. Rooms are cleaned daily and very clean inside. Breakfast is very good. The staff are what makes this place. David and Lily will do anything to help you out. They helped us book tours and bus tickets. Tea, coffee and fruit served all day for free. This is the best hostel we have stayed in by far. Would highly recommend to anyone!

Definitely the place to go in Hanoi! David and Lilly welcomed me very warmly. They -and the rest of the staff of course- are very friendly and helped me a lot. They made my stay in Hanoi very comfortable. I recommend this place!

I would definitely stay again at Little Hanoi Hostel and I highly recommend it. Cons: The 8-bed dorm was cramped (4 bunk beds, not much space to move or for your things); they didn't point out the free towels. Pros: Beds are comfortable and big enough for tall guys like me (6'2"); location; value for money; free breakfast (I had the egg sandwich); free fruit throughout the day; free luggage storage; and the wonderful staff (especially Lily). The bottom line: For $6, it's the deal of the century.

Most amazing staff I've ever seen. So friendly, helpful and always happy. Would always come back here.

• 2nd Feb 2014

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel. The staff we friendly, and very helpful. David was able to book all of my tickets for me and gave me great feedback on the city. The free breakfast is and actuall meal and is much better than the average fruit and toast.

• 2nd Feb 2014

Dave delivers best customer service experienced in Vietnam. Highly recomended to stay in Little Hanoi Hostel, it almost as good as staying at home :) maybe even better casue you do not have to cook your breakfast or clean your room. Big thanks to Little Hanoi Hostel's crew.

An excellent Hostel in the heart of Hanoi, great Location. I had a really great time there. The staff was brilliant, especially David and Lilly from the reception were really friendly and pleasant, they will help whenever and whatever you need. An excellent Atmosphere, you can rest yourself from the traffic of Hanoi Downtown and the beds are big and clean. Indeed Little Hanoi Hostel is a good invested Money for your accommodation. I recommand the hostel to everybody who plan to visit Hanoi.

• 28th Jan 2014

I slept in a dorm. Good location, good prices, great people helpfull. It is a bit small. The shower in the dorm didn't work well. Anyway I would come back there next time in Hanoi.