Little Hanoi Hostel Reviews

48 Hang Ga, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

(-) small bathroom w/ little counter space (-) showerhead only (not separate shower), i.e. wet floor (-) bathroom attached to bedroom, i.e. everyone can hear your business (-) cramped quarters (/) luggage storage is tucked away in a small room, but door unlocked (+) large lockers (+) helpful, attentive and friendly staff (+) tasty, tasty breakfast (+) comfy beds (+) lights and power outlets at each bed (+) fresh white sheets (+) decent WiFi (+) maintained TP supply

Very nice hostel right in the old quarter. Extremely friendly staff who are willing to accommodate your every need. Also free breakfast is tasty baguettes, eggs, jam etc which is great. Cheap laundry service as well. Only con was the wifi wasn't working properly in our room on the 4th level so we had to go down to the lobby to use it.

Staff very helpful on my early arrival and did not try and force the Halong Bay tour on me!

Very helpful staff who organised a good trip to Ha Long Bay.

This was a great hostel to stay at and one of my favorites in Vietnam. They offered a delicious breakfast and coffee, tea and fresh fruit all day. Lily and David went out of there way to really make you feel comfortable and offered great advice. Would definitely come back and stay again!

Little Hanoi Hostel 1 is a great place to stay. The staff is very friendly and speak English very well. They are eager to help you out if you need any help. We booked two trips through them which were good and worth the money. The best thing was that in between trips we were able to come back to have a shower and free breakfast. The location is also good, you can easily walk to the different tourist attrations. We enjoyed staying here and would deffinitely choose it again.

• 23rd Dec 2013

Excellent staff - Lilly and David - thanks again. Booked tours from here to Sapa and Ha Long bay with both being good. No problem leaving stuff while on either trip- when I came back from Sapa they transferred me to one of their other hostels which costs slightly more at no extra cost.

It's rare to find a place with a staff so thoughtful. Everyone is very nice, smily and helpful. It's clean, hot shower, good breakfast, tea/coffee and fruits all day. The location is great and you can walk everywhere easily. They can store you're bag few weeks for free and you can take a shower even if you already checked out. Special thanks to David, always in a good mood, love to joke, speak about Vietnamese culture and spend time with hosts to improve his english already very good ;-)

Really friendly and helpful staff. Fruits, Coffee and Tea for free. And a nice breakfast included. It's worth it to stay there every minute. A bit like home.

• 18th Dec 2013

The staff are what makes this hostel. David, Lilly & Courage are the friendliest and most knowledgable staff that I have come across so far throughout my travels.

Staff are so kind. A wonderful place to stay. They don't over charge for anything and are so friendly. I checked in a 2 in the morning and had a tour at 7. When I came down the receptionist said you don't have anytime for breakfast you'll be hungry. He was so generous although I said it's okay. He packed a jam bouquet for me. Come on now that's what I call service. Amazing people.

The staf is realy good! The best that I found in all my trip in 4 diferent countries in Asia. The hostel is very clean, and have a good location in Old Quartier. Unfortunately they havent a bar...

Lily and David were amazing. Hanoi was my first destination, and after my luggage stayed in Paris, they moved heaven and earth (and probably a guest or two - sorry guys!) to ensure that even though they were fully booked, I could stay there another night to wait for my luggage. Lockers in the dorm were spacious and worked fine. The hot water is a little limited by the small tank, so go easy on long showers, for the sake of the other dorm folk! (It does get very hot, though :) )

Breakfast is included and it is nice. Staff are very friendly, helpful and accomodating. A girl I met the first morning wanted to stay another night but they were full so they paid for a taxi for both of us to stay at their second hostel which was even nicer.

Stayed there for 2 nights and what i will remember the most is the good vibe of the staff. Very cool, full of joy (natural joy) and always very helpful. Shares also very cool moments with people that i met in the Hostel, so overall my experience there is quite positive. Thanks to Lili and Dave and the rest of the staff!

The staff were a great help with organising tours. Lovely friendly atmosphere, a great spot to base yourself in Chengdu!

Great service! Hostel staff helped us a lot during our stay and even when we came back to the city a few days later (and didn't stay on the hostel!), by offering breakfast, luggage storage and shower space. Definitely a great option in Hanoi!

• 2nd Dec 2013

The rooms were clean, albeit a bit a small. There was free tea, coffee, and fresh pineapple and watermelon all day in the lobby. The staff was unbelievably helpful and sweet - they insisted on learning everyone's names and greeted you by name when you walked in. They even brought a cake to my room when they learned it was my birthday! We booked our Halong Bay cruise through them (Fantasea Charters - budget option) and were really pleased. Just get a room in the back to avoid the street noise.

Really good location, and the staff were great! They all frequently chatted with the guests and made an effort to learn everyone's names and give tips on where to go to eat and things to see. I also booked tours through the hostel which was very straightforward to do. Would definitely recommend

Really enjoyed staying at this hostel. The staff were really friendly. The rooms are really nice, given how much you are paying. Its not at all a party hostel and I would not recommend for people travelling on their own, however its perfect for budget couples or small groups.