Little Hanoi Hostel Reviews

48 Hang Ga, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Very friendly staff, that don't want to sell you something, but is very helpful. When we returned after 7 days they immediatly remembered our names:) Furthermore all day there are fresh fruits and coffee for free avialable. Large luggage storage and having a shower, even if you checked out already, is no problem.

• 6th Feb 2014

Located right next to the old quarter, this was my first stop in Hanoi. The service was great, a guy picked me up from the airport and sorted me out with a Vietnamese sim card which was awesome. The dorm beds are solid wood and very sturdy, no late night interruptions. Free coffee/tea/fresh fruit all day. Lily and David were very helpful with plenty of information about Hanoi. Booked Halong bay and 4 nights trekking in Sapa with them and the tours were great! Would come back again!

Fantastic place! Everything is amazing. Rooms are cleaned daily and very clean inside. Breakfast is very good. The staff are what makes this place. David and Lily will do anything to help you out. They helped us book tours and bus tickets. Tea, coffee and fruit served all day for free. This is the best hostel we have stayed in by far. Would highly recommend to anyone!

Definitely the place to go in Hanoi! David and Lilly welcomed me very warmly. They -and the rest of the staff of course- are very friendly and helped me a lot. They made my stay in Hanoi very comfortable. I recommend this place!

I would definitely stay again at Little Hanoi Hostel and I highly recommend it. Cons: The 8-bed dorm was cramped (4 bunk beds, not much space to move or for your things); they didn't point out the free towels. Pros: Beds are comfortable and big enough for tall guys like me (6'2"); location; value for money; free breakfast (I had the egg sandwich); free fruit throughout the day; free luggage storage; and the wonderful staff (especially Lily). The bottom line: For $6, it's the deal of the century.

Most amazing staff I've ever seen. So friendly, helpful and always happy. Would always come back here.

• 2nd Feb 2014

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel. The staff we friendly, and very helpful. David was able to book all of my tickets for me and gave me great feedback on the city. The free breakfast is and actuall meal and is much better than the average fruit and toast.

• 2nd Feb 2014

Dave delivers best customer service experienced in Vietnam. Highly recomended to stay in Little Hanoi Hostel, it almost as good as staying at home :) maybe even better casue you do not have to cook your breakfast or clean your room. Big thanks to Little Hanoi Hostel's crew.

An excellent Hostel in the heart of Hanoi, great Location. I had a really great time there. The staff was brilliant, especially David and Lilly from the reception were really friendly and pleasant, they will help whenever and whatever you need. An excellent Atmosphere, you can rest yourself from the traffic of Hanoi Downtown and the beds are big and clean. Indeed Little Hanoi Hostel is a good invested Money for your accommodation. I recommand the hostel to everybody who plan to visit Hanoi.

• 28th Jan 2014

I slept in a dorm. Good location, good prices, great people helpfull. It is a bit small. The shower in the dorm didn't work well. Anyway I would come back there next time in Hanoi.

3 nights in a doubleroom - Already my second stay at the Little Hanoi Hostel. Good value for money & smart staff.

Great hostel in a perfect location in Hanoi. The staff are the best point in my opinion, they go out of their way to make your stay welcome. They booked up trips to ha long bay, sapa mountains and my bus ride down to Hue in the blink of an eye. If i return to Hanoi i will stay here for sure and i would recommed this hostel to everyone. Free breakfast is also great

• 20th Jan 2014

I stayed at Little Hanoi Hostel this past week, in addition to staying with them in Hanoi, I booked two trips through them. One to Sa Pa and one to Ha Long Bay. They have a great location and the staff speak phenmonal English. Furthermore, they were able to book me a train ticket to Hue on short notice (close to Vietnamese New Year). The price is unbeatable, the staff very friendly and the breakfast (included in the price) was really good. If you come to Vietnam, stay here! Thanks Lily

I only spent one night there, but I think I should have stayed more when I look back. Free breakfast, friendly staff, right in the Old Quarter. I hear they can really help in any other trips you have and also book a train ticket for you.

Overall a very good hostel. The best part was the staff and free breakfast. My only minor (and i stress it is minor) is the lack of atmosphere, but on the whole it was a clean, safe and very friendly place to stay at.

Room was clean and cheap and we got a good breakfast included but the shower was cold and bathroom was a bit dirty. The airport transfer was good even though our flight was delayed for 5 hours. Staff were friendly and helped us to book two fantastic trips to Ha Long bay and Sapa (while we were away they also stored our large bags in a safe room). We were very close to a lot of the major attractions and good bars and restaurants. Reception was great for when we got back at 4:30am from the train.

I stayed in the dorm room and single. Dorm- the bunk beds were very close to each other. I could stick out my arm and touch the person sleeping on the next bunk over. One bathroom for six people on the 5th floor. If in use, you have to trek your way down the stairs to the bottom - a bit annoying. Each bed had a locker with provided key. One of the lockers was broken. Single room was great, but at a cost similar to hotel. Staff was extraordinarily nice. Slamming FREE breakfast to start the day.

Very good service from the staffs . The staffs were very friendly and helpful. I was sick during my stay and need some medicine. The staff arranged someone to go with me to the nearest pharmacy to buy medicine. This is beyond the services they should be providing. I really enjoyed my stay there. Thank you so much

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Singapore

Great place to stay. Lily and David are so friendly and helpful they cannot do enough for you. They really make you feel like you're at home. Even offering showers for people not leaving til later in the day. No wifi in the rooms , but I believe this is a big plus as people come out of their rooms and socialise and share travel stories. I would 100% recommend this to anyone looking for a friendly! clean! safe and sociable hostel.

Def. worth the money! Nice and clean room, friendly staff and good location. I would stay there again.

• 2nd Jan 2014