Little Olive Tree Reviews

Corte Altini 4, Bari, Italy

Really enjoyed our stay, the room was adorable!

A very pleasant b&b (not a hostel), located in the heart of the old Bari, where old Italian women are still making la pasta sitting in front of their house. It feels like you are welcomed in someone's home. The room was big, clean and cosy (and for once the wifi was working perfectly!). No noise from traffic, but in summer, expect some noise coming from the little alley below, the Italians live in the street:) Excellent value for money and nice vibes.

Little Olive Tree is centrally located in gorgeous Bari. The room is fully equiped and clean. A big plus was the airconditioning. David and Valentina are amazing hosts. They helped us with everything: time of departure of trains, renting bikes, where to eat, what to sightsee and where to go. Our 10 nights in Little Olive Tree were amazing!

• 10th Aug 2014

Totally excellent!

• 8th Aug 2014

very helpful people, who organized a great barbecue

David, the hostel owner, went out of his way to create the type of atmosphere that makes a hostel great. Great source of wisdom for what to see and do, good for a chat, and clearly wanted to see his guests having a good time hanging out with each other. Nothing was too much to ask of him. As far as facilities, it had all the basics you expect + breakfast to boot. At face value, this place could be 'just any other hostel', but the management of the place is what really sets it apart.

• 5th Jul 2014

It is perfect hostel with very friendly atmosphere, very clean and nice location between sea and city centre.

• 26th Jun 2014

Finally i can aggree to the other good comments. All in all it was a very nice place and the hostelowner was very helpfull. The only thing that was a bit annoying was the noice from the streets and the "new" location, due to the moving from the oldtown to a bit more outside.

• 22nd Jun 2014

The staff here immediately made me feel welcome after my long night train journey and I found them to e very helpful the hostel was easy to find and in a great location it was very clean too!!

Thank you David, Valentino and little Emily for a wonderful stay at your B&B. You made us very welcome and the old town in Bari was a great surprise with its winding old alley ways and great little spots to eat. We had a night stop over in Bari after sailing in Dubrovnik and then on our way by ferry to Greece. A great little stop over with wonderful hosts.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

David and Valentina are wonderful and helpful hosts. We thoroughly enjoyed the location and atmosphere. Loved Bari.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Thanks to Little Olive Tree my stay in Bari couldn' t be better. David, the owner, is such a friendly host who can answer all the questions you have and knows the best places to eat an icecream, focaccia or a typical Puglian dish. The dorm was clean and with 8 beds not too busy. Location is fine, short walk from the station, 10-15 minutes from the old town. When I return to Bari I would definitely stay here again and improve my Italian talking with David. Grazie mille Little Olive Tree!

Great time, great hostel :)

I really enjoyed my stay there. First we only booked 2 nights, but then we decided to stay a whole week there, because we loved it so much. David and Valentina are the most friendly hosts you can imagine, they gave us helpful advice and good tips where to stay or what to eat. The Hostel is very clean and located in one of the most beautiful parts of the historical center of Bari. I highly recommend Little Olive Tree and i will definitely come back! Thank you so much!

• 3rd May 2014

Only time I can say I wish I was at a hostel longer to get to know the owners better. They are extremely friendly! Location was hard to find when I stayed, but they should be in their new (better) location by now, so full marks all around. Their price is slightly higher than competition, but if you look closely, they include 'value added tax' and others don't--price works out to the same for a much better hostel. Only place you should stay in Bari.

• 27th Apr 2014

This was one of the best best Hostels I have ever stayed at. I would recommend it to anyone who is traveling to Bari. The people really help you get around and the location is right by St. Nicholas church.

Little Olive Tree was a beautiful hostel! The room was bright and clean and gets plenty of sun. The owners are fantastic people who bend over backward to ensure you have a positive experience! Maps and advice were very welcome but the best aspect for us was the location in the heart of the old town. We would recommend this hostel to any traveler out there. :)

• 8th Apr 2014

This hostel is amazing! The owners are so kind and helpful. The cleaning and organization are excellent. The location is good, but the problem is to find in the first time... I recomend this place!

View all Bari Bed and Breakfasts