Little Olive Tree Reviews

Corte Altini 4, Bari, Italy

This was one of the best best Hostels I have ever stayed at. I would recommend it to anyone who is traveling to Bari. The people really help you get around and the location is right by St. Nicholas church.

Little Olive Tree was a beautiful hostel! The room was bright and clean and gets plenty of sun. The owners are fantastic people who bend over backward to ensure you have a positive experience! Maps and advice were very welcome but the best aspect for us was the location in the heart of the old town. We would recommend this hostel to any traveler out there. :)

• 8th Apr 2014

This hostel is amazing! The owners are so kind and helpful. The cleaning and organization are excellent. The location is good, but the problem is to find in the first time... I recomend this place!

• 4th Apr 2014

Having been welcombed by Dave and Val in such an overwhelmingly warm, kind, helpful, easy-going and generous way, I can confidently say, the hostel exceeded all my expectations. Totally tired from the ferry, it took me merely minutes to get to the hostel, located in the beautiful old town. And best yet to come... it has a roof top too! I simply love everything about this place and know everyone will enjoy the cleanness, location, lovely atmosphere which I experienced at the Olive Tree.

• 30th Mar 2014

Great little hostel in the middle of the old town. close to the port. lovely little streets leading you around the town. vibrant cafes with local eating spots. The hosts are great, with lots of information on hand to assist you in getting around town or offering day trips out of Bari.

I spent there only one night. Nice hostel in the city center. 100% recommend. Easy to find, if you follow instructions from owners ;)

I loved my stay at this hostel. Our hosts were the most knowledgable hosts I've ever had. Even better, if they didn't know, they didn't stop looking until they found out for you. They told us about two amazing Foccacia places. Some of the best food of my life.

Cosy and friendly place, extremely big. I believe they have ability to accommendate lots of guest. We only spent one night there, but the man of reception, Rana, really do good arragement for us. He waited us late and provide the best solution.

I stayed in quite a few hostels in europe, eurasia and asia and i can say, this is one of the better ones. Its located in the Old Town, which is simply beautiful. Pharmacies and little stores are really close and the city centre is less than 10 minutes away. The owners David and Valentina are very friendly people and always eager to help, the facilities and the room is cleaned everyday, the wifi is free of charge and the building even features a roof terrace to enjoy the sun. recommended!

• 20th Mar 2014

Valentina and David (the hosts)were awesome!!! They are right in the middle of the old city. They provide excellent informations about where to eat for cheap, about what to do around the city and day trips. They were kind and generous! (We even had an excellent BBQ on the amazing rooftop!) The place is very clean, it felt like home....even cleanier !! Would definitly come back there!

• 16th Mar 2014

I cannot speak too highly about this place, largely thanks to the helpfulness of its owners Dave and Valentina. Apparantly I have added around 30 reviews, mainly positive, but few stick in the memory like teh Olive Tree. Yes, the dorm is rather cramped but this is the sacrifice for stopping in the old town.

I have traveled most of the world and stayed tons of hostels. Here is the worst. Simply the worst. I feel sad and regret that I have come to Italy.

Olive tree is a lovely small hostel in the middle of Bari. David and his wife who run the hostel are friendly, helpful and the hostel is clean, nice and well equipped. Definitely one of the best places in Europe I have stayed.

• 8th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

Good hostel, only one in town. Has all that's necessary and just that. Great location, great couple as owner, explains you everything. Dorm room is good work-out since 3 stairs up ;)

• 3rd Mar 2014

My girlfriend and I traveled around Southern Italy and made Bari our first and last city for the trip. We had such a great time in Bari and at the Little Olive Tree hostel both times! The owners, David and Valentina work very hard to make is a safe, clean and fun environment for their guests. They recommended delicious restaurants and great sites around the beautiful city as well as some great day trips for us to visit. We will definitely be back to Bari and the Little Olive Tree.

• 28th Feb 2014

I've slept in a room 15-16 square meters for 8 persons. My opinion is that these rooms suitable for 2-3 people.

I've stayed in so many hostels but this B

• 24th Jan 2014

The attitude toward the hostel experience harboured by the wonderful owners is perhaps what best defines this hostel. They are genuinely committed to bettering their establishment, and really appreciate feedback relating not only to their own hostel but hostels from other cities as well. They were very helpful in any request I had and were very active and concerned with the cleanliness and security of the rooms. I would very much like to see how Olive Tree grows.

The Olive Tree is located in the old city of Bari, a medieval town w/ beautiful architecture and great food. David and Valentina were generous hosts and gave excellent advice about places to eat. Their congeniality certainly contributed to the friendly atmosphere of everyone staying there. We actually extended our stay in Bari by several days. The dorm doesn't have lockers, so if you're carrying valuables, be sure to bring a lock for your suitcase or ask David to put them away.

• 15th Jan 2014

Cleen room!&Great staff! Nealy port. I used train station. A little far. But I can walk.