Little Wing Hostel Reviews

Asmalimescit mah.Jurnal street no:12 kat:4 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Very friendly staff, but I am wondering what the are doing all day long, because there is so much to clean and to repair in this hostel, that would cost only little knowledge and time. Never take the room on the third floor left. There is a boiler close to the bed that works all day and all night. I couldn´t sleep at all. But when we asked for an other room, it was no problem.

• 28th Mar 2014

great location, but the matrasses were soo worn and soft, I could not sleep! maybe a social room would be nice, breakfast was not there, although stated on the homepage.

• 22nd Aug 2013

- There was no room service (taking out the trash) - There was no breakfast - The bathroom could be more clean and renewed! Clean ceramics, repairing water tabs not to make the floor always wet! - Since there was no lift, so at least the person available to help for carrying the suitcase.

• 5th Jun 2013
  • Iran

It was little hard to find the hostel because the lications are not accurate on google maps. Little wing hostel is located on 12, Journal Street. Here I published the map of walking direction: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54877425/LittleWing.png 1. From the Şişhane metro terminal (Choose exit on İstiklâl Caddesi side) OR 2. From Taksim square to the opposite end of İstiklal Avenue (about 1km).

• 9th May 2013
  • Georgia

Our stay was pleasant. The private room was spacious and clean, with a good shower. The owner is very nice and was always there to help out. She isn't much of a morning person so don't be alarmed if she's still in bed late in the morning. Smoking upstairs was a downside for us and limited our stay to the lower part of the hostel, but that's just Europe I guess. Not a big deal.

If you are going to Istanbul on a budget, but want to both be close to the center and have a good nights sleep, Little Wing is the choice! The staff is friendly, understanding and partly live at the hostel themselves. This makes it a very homely and nice atmosphere to be in. In other words: just like home. Little Wing is not only the best hostel i have tried in Istanbul, but the best hostel i have stayed at IN THE WORLD. Try it out...you wont regret it! :)

• 12th Apr 2013
  • Denmark

What I liked: - Location is very good as this is quite close to Taxim square (10-15min walking) and the quarter (Beyoglu) it's full of nice restaurants, bars, etc... - Room was OK - Staff lady was nice. What I didn't like: - The street is a little bit noisy at nights (because it's an area full of pubs and so). - Room as WC but the shower it's not separated, I mean it's just a room with a shower tap in the wall (no courtains or glasses to avoid water to spread through all the bathroom).

We had a very good time at Little Wing! Thank you very much for the wonderful evenings where we could meet Istanbul's music scene in the common room. I enjoyed the flamenco fiesta.

More than a Hostel, Little Wing feels like home ! It's like a big flatshare, and your roomates are awesome ! Esra the owner is so nice, helpful, speaks perfect english and even prepared me coffee & thea when i had to go to work early ! If you like music there is almost every instruments in the living room and the evening ambiance is very festive ! Plus the location is perfect in the middle of the bar and clubs aera, so you can enjoy a nice drinks after your visits ! Definitly somewhere to go !!

• 19th Jan 2013

Hostel owner was very friendly and willing to help. As with some other comments, the stench of cigarette smoke is very strong throughout the hostel and in the linen etc, so for us as non-smokers it was pretty hard to deal with! No curtain on the window (dbl rm) so up with the sun. The room was however clean and in an excellent location. It's a cheap place to stay with friendly staff so if you're not fussed about cigarette smoke, is OK.

Our room was supposed to be 3 bed room, and it was a storage for many other beds also. The bathroom was terrible. Not only it was poor quality, but it was also dirty as I believe. We came at 6 am to Hostel, and the guy working was very kind, and wanted to give us the room as soon as possible. But that questions how did he clean the room, because there was no cleaning ladies, and he prepared the room for us in only few minutes. My doubts are that he only changed sheets and nothing else.

• 26th Oct 2012
  • Serbia

This place didn't really have a great common area, lots of smoking and I believe people sleep there at night. But it fit my needs - a spacious room, my own bathroom, great location. Extremely squeaky bed made even turning over in my sleep a noisy event.

Little Wing Hostel was a great choice. It's run by really gentle and welcoming people that will make you feel like home. The location is great. A lot of nice bars and restaurants and young people hanging out. It's also near the public transportation so it makes it easy to go everywhere. ¡Gracias!

• 27th Sep 2012
  • Spain

Beds were a little too soft... could feel the springs. Other than it was nice.

It was such a lovely place to stay, we enjoyed it very much. The staff was very very helpful, i mean in one morning they invited us to breakfast. Although it was hard to find the place, the location is wonderful. At nights there are lots of place near to hangout with live musics. It is the best place to stay for that money.

• 15th Sep 2012
  • Turkey

very friendly and helpful,great location,nice room.

Money well spent. This hostel offers excellent value for money. Great location to get around during the day and enjoy the night on foot in some little place with live music. The managers are very friendly and helpful. Finally, the bathroom is the ultimate in comfort than a hostel has to offer ... what say? GO

• 2nd Sep 2012

the only problem was the entrance. it was really difficult to find the hostel, and when I found it I was shocked about the door. it was really old. but when you enter the hostel you find out it is really clean and nice. it seems like a family.

Four of us stayed six nights and were happy with Little Wing. Welcoming staff, comfy beds, all the facilities we needed. Cup of tea on arrival was lovely. Great central location, easy to come and go from at different times of the day and night. It is in the party area so don't be surprised if the streets outside rock and roll a little. Only real niggle is that people smoking inside made the communal area on our floor less pleasant to spend time in.

The building's front and stairs were a bit degraded and the entrance door was always open, but we had no problems regarding security. The owner was very nice and cheerful. The room was clean and apart from the noise on the second night (student party in the dorm), we had a pleasant stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4