Live! Hostel Reviews

1088 Budapest Rákóczi út 27b, Budapest, Hungary

Clean, quiet, helpful staff and walking distance to many great things in Budapest. Cannot be anymore downtown than this. Cozy and comfy!!!

• 5th Feb 2016
  • Hungary

The hostel is on the third floor of a multi-occupancy residential block. At street level, the entrance is dark and rough, and not at all welcoming. There is no 24 hour reception and I had some difficulty checking in, although I arrived at the notified time. After that, the male staff member, the only staff I met, was incredibly helpful and went out of his way to help me. There are some great bars and takeouts across the road and down the nearest side streets. Central for general sight seeing.

This is a cosy and clean hostel which is very good value for money, and staff were friendly and happy to help. Although bathrooms are shared there are plenty and I never had to wait to use a toilet or shower. I visited on work and it provided a nice environment to study in the evenings and is located within a few minutes walk from supermarkets and a metro station. I'll likely return on my next trip!

Superb place in relation to its price. It is near to the underground station Blaha Luzja Ter, the next bus stop and even the zebra crossing to the other side of Rakoczy utca is directly in front of the house. Important, because the other side is considered the hub of Budapest (for young people). My advise is, to take all the comments from other guests, so far, and you will get a good picture. Personally, I had a very good stay at the hostel and I would recommend it.

The staff is very helpful and the room is clean.