Live MVD Hostel Reviews

Maldonado 1790 Esquina Yaro, Montevideo, Uruguay

Nice hostel but very cramped rooms, 12 bed dorms should really be 8 bed dorms. Not sure how many people were there but the queues for the three toilets indicate far too many.

We've stayed in many hostels in Argentina and Uruguay, this was by far one of the best. Although it is a long walk to the center- the beds are amazing. It was the first time I stayed at a 12 dorm room- and I thought it would be hard to fall asleep- but the beds were so comfortable that we had no problem at all. The staff are very helpful and friendly, good breakfast, wifi and overall fun atmosphere! Would definitely stay here again!

Love it! Thank you very much for everything! I`ll be back

I had a really nice time there! Lot´s of cool people, amazing staff, great atmosphere, I don´t have any complaints. I´d really recommend it!

This place is just OK. Nothing good I can highlight and plenty of menor things that aren't nice: dog shat in the dorm and nobody cared for 2 days of our stay. The kitchen has only 2 small tables which is clearly not enough.

The atmosphere of the hostel it is amazing, totally worth it!

5 stars the super tasty gnocchi cooked by the owner 'la tia', a wonderful woman that love to spend time with her guests! The atmosphere in this hostel is just great, probably bc everything (or almost) is allowed. Totally recommended!!!

The hostel wasn't in all bad, but there were things that should be improved immediately. We arrived late at night and when we asked for the key, he didn't know where it was! We slept with our room open (we were in a private room) and only in the morning we got a key, actually a padlock to close the doors together. The staff overall were very nice, but sometimes I felt as if I was sleeping in someone's house, a little out of place. It was a bit dirty and messy, and the bathroom was dark.

I really loved it here. Very good vibe. The design of the place, the little details, make it very homey and also invite people to linger and to talk to each-other

Alright location, friendly staff. However, cleanliness is not the best because of a dog and cat that roams freely around the house including the bedrooms. The dog and cat both jumped on my bed while I was lying on it at two different times of the day. Dog was trying to hump me - awkward.

Convenient location near 18 de Julio and the beach in the other direction… Very friendly and helpful staff!

Location - It's located between the ciudad vieja and Pocitos, the 2 districts you are most likely to visit, about 25 minutes walk to get to either place. Cleanliness - One of the rooms has carpet. One of the bathrooms was very dirty. There is a dog that goes around annoying visitors and spreading fur EVERYWHERE, on the couch, on the tables, perhaps even in the beds. There should be a warning on the hostel profile telling that there is a dog so those who are not dog lovers can go somewhere else.