Liverpool Lodge Reviews

1 Coleridge St, Liverpool, England

No 24 hour reception (as advertised) so had to make a special trip to check in. Took ages as we got lost, it's not easy to find, hidden away in one way back streets. Card machine broken on arrival so had to find a cash point. Booked a Standard 3 Bed Private and only got 2 beds for 3 people. Room was cold, no heating. Owner shouted & cursed at me during breakfast in front of other guests for mis-reading a sign but was generally v helpful rest of the time. Showers great but experience / vibe poor.

The owner of the place just made the difference very helpful guy!

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Mexico

We booked a double bed room only to arrive and find that our booking had been messed up and we'd been given a twin room, so we (a couple) had no choice but to sleep on creaky, uncomfortable bunk beds which hurt my partner's back. The room had a drainpipe in the corner which connected to the loo upstairs, so we were awoken at 6am. We paid £60 for all this and were very tired and upset by our experience here.

On arrival - no idea I was coming .... Didn't even know how to check the website to see my booking. Gave me wrong room, so was moved. Towel as small as a hand towel shower a hall cupboard. Urine all around toilet and floor. Parking - in arrival - no parking at all. When I asked - parking in the footpath area .... It's free as there's no parking machines - lol Room - no windows and no vent - hot and stuffy .

Very clean hostel about £6 taxi into main city centre. The location is pretty rough even warned to be careful by cabbie. In a group of lads so was fine but wouldnt stay in couples or on own.

• 18th Oct 2014

It was a pretty nice place for the money. The owner is remodeling areas so it will probably be very nice in the future. I got my own room with a shared bathroom. The bed was extremely comfortable, even more comfortable than my standard dorm bed! This was probably the best part! Oh and a really great breakfast is included!

• 4th Oct 2014

Location is very good if you want to go to the Anfield (20 min. walk). Center is about 30 min. but you can use taxi/bus.

Liverpool lodge was a great place to stay for what we needed-a nightcap! When we first arrived to the hostel we were a little put off by the exterior but the rooms were great: big with flat screen TVs, mirrors and toiletries. We didn't use the shower but it looked clean. Breakfast was an interesting combination: my friend had a tomato and boiled egg sandwich! Only negative was the strong smell of smoke throughout the building which we found was a staff member smoking in the kitchen.

love the place been there two years on the run

• 6th Sep 2014

Stayed in the new house. Was very clean. Rooms had free water crisps and snacks. Very clean. Breakfast was fine. Good value for money.

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Wales
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Was called an idiot on entry when I tried to use my card, which was listed as an acceptable payment on their ad. Sketchy neighborhood, all the building had barbed wire around their roof. The last night the owner and her boyfriend were in a yelling match that sounded like it was going to turn ugly. There isn't a doubt in my mind that any positive comment was left by the owners themselves. At least the oranges were good.

The staff were lovely and we got little juices and snacks in our room for free which was great! We were also told about all the best places to eat and given numbers for the taxi and all the information we needed without having to ask. Everything was very clean and the rooms and bathroom were very nice and clean too. The breakfast was fresh though there wasn't much choice. Overall, the stay was lovely and I'm really happy :) Thank you!

• 2nd Aug 2014

Great location, free parking local to the lodge, cheap taxi into the heart of Liverpool. Ideal for needs and purpose of visit to Liverpool. I would definitely recommend to a friend.

View all Liverpool Bed and Breakfasts