Liverpool Lodge Reviews

1 Coleridge St, Liverpool, England

The Liverpool Lodge is okay. We had a private room with a double bed, wash basin, cupboard and a shelf. There were also snacks in the room and a breakfast buffet in the Mornings. For our stay of 2 nights this was totally okay.

• 13th Jun 2015

Seriously, i m disappointed with the inn becoz of the poor attitude of the male worker.i went to the inn twice at 1pm n 2pm, but no one was there so i couldn't settle down, and had to carry the heavy bag around. Then the male suddenly phoned me n said i could go then, but i was on the way to the tour. I stated that i would arrive at 2pm when i booked the room, they should know it!The room is really small with no kettle.The public bathroom small, and someone turned my light off when bathing, bad!

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

Nice and clean hostel but pricey considering the area it is located in. You get juice and crisps in the room which is a nice touch. We were a group of 4 and got split up in two different houses that are 15min walk apart. I wish this had been specified in advance before we did the booking as it was inconvenient for us. The staff was helpful and pleasant.

Location was good, right next to plenty shops/takeaways and only a couple miles from Liverpool One and the docks etc. Staff were great, explained everything to us and rooms were very nice for the price we paid. Going back to liverpool soon and would definitely book Liverpool Lodge again.

• 18th Apr 2015

Our room was absolutely unacceptable. The stay was quite similar to a nightmare, because nobody could sleep. Our room had a boiler that made an unbearable noise (every 5 minutes during all the night!!!)and it came out a smelly cooling air. I think that it is not legal. Remember never ever book room number 2!

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Would be great to have a facility to pay by card.

• 14th Mar 2015

Good value for money, you get what you pay for. Great location for Anfield and city centre!

• 19th Feb 2015

On arrival told we could only settle the bill in cash- not stated anywhere on emails received beforehand. Then told we were actually staying at a different location and that she would drive us there, very odd and again not stated beforehand. When finally got to our lodgings they were well furnished, comfortable and clean, although no heating so electric blowers everywhere. Could also have benefited from having a glass or two in the rooms. Would probably look to stay elsewhere next time.

• 31st Dec 2014

No 24 hour reception (as advertised) so had to make a special trip to check in. Took ages as we got lost, it's not easy to find, hidden away in one way back streets. Card machine broken on arrival so had to find a cash point. Booked a Standard 3 Bed Private and only got 2 beds for 3 people. Room was cold, no heating. Owner shouted & cursed at me during breakfast in front of other guests for mis-reading a sign but was generally v helpful rest of the time. Showers great but experience / vibe poor.

The owner of the place just made the difference very helpful guy!

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Mexico

We booked a double bed room only to arrive and find that our booking had been messed up and we'd been given a twin room, so we (a couple) had no choice but to sleep on creaky, uncomfortable bunk beds which hurt my partner's back. The room had a drainpipe in the corner which connected to the loo upstairs, so we were awoken at 6am. We paid £60 for all this and were very tired and upset by our experience here.

On arrival - no idea I was coming .... Didn't even know how to check the website to see my booking. Gave me wrong room, so was moved. Towel as small as a hand towel shower a hall cupboard. Urine all around toilet and floor. Parking - in arrival - no parking at all. When I asked - parking in the footpath area .... It's free as there's no parking machines - lol Room - no windows and no vent - hot and stuffy .

Very clean hostel about £6 taxi into main city centre. The location is pretty rough even warned to be careful by cabbie. In a group of lads so was fine but wouldnt stay in couples or on own.

• 18th Oct 2014

It was a pretty nice place for the money. The owner is remodeling areas so it will probably be very nice in the future. I got my own room with a shared bathroom. The bed was extremely comfortable, even more comfortable than my standard dorm bed! This was probably the best part! Oh and a really great breakfast is included!

Location is very good if you want to go to the Anfield (20 min. walk). Center is about 30 min. but you can use taxi/bus.

Liverpool lodge was a great place to stay for what we needed-a nightcap! When we first arrived to the hostel we were a little put off by the exterior but the rooms were great: big with flat screen TVs, mirrors and toiletries. We didn't use the shower but it looked clean. Breakfast was an interesting combination: my friend had a tomato and boiled egg sandwich! Only negative was the strong smell of smoke throughout the building which we found was a staff member smoking in the kitchen.

love the place been there two years on the run

• 6th Sep 2014

Stayed in the new house. Was very clean. Rooms had free water crisps and snacks. Very clean. Breakfast was fine. Good value for money.

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Wales
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Pretty far away from anything touristy.

Was called an idiot on entry when I tried to use my card, which was listed as an acceptable payment on their ad. Sketchy neighborhood, all the building had barbed wire around their roof. The last night the owner and her boyfriend were in a yelling match that sounded like it was going to turn ugly. There isn't a doubt in my mind that any positive comment was left by the owners themselves. At least the oranges were good.

View all Liverpool Bed and Breakfasts