Living Cat's Hostel Reviews

Cañizares 6, 28012, Madrid, Spain

I recommend rooms with ensuite bathrooms, they're awesome. The good thing is that breakfast is included and there are free lockers provided in the room. The bad things are that it has no kitchen and you have to pay to leave the luggage on the reception.

I enjoyed my stay and the hostel is Central within Madrid. The freezing showers that turned on and off were unfortunate. The staff during check in were quite unorganized.

I had the most incredible time staying at the Living Cats in Madrid. It was super easy to befriend new people, the location was so central we didn't have to use public transportation once. The hostel organized free walking tours and a pub crawl. Everything was super safe and clean. Only thing I have to criticize is the smell - unfortunately it smelled like bleach quite strong. I'd recommend the hostel to young travelers who want to party and have a good time in Madrid.

Overall the Living Cat's Hostel was okay--close to everything, seemed like a good atmosphere (although I didn't go out) and the building was absolutely gorgeous. The rooms were spacious (I stayed in an 8 bed female dorm) and there were lockers for you to secure your valuables. The doors were a bit hard to open, however, and the bathrooms are awful--tiny stalls for both the toilets and showers and the showers were the absolute worst! Terrible water pressure & temperature.

• 21st Feb 2015

Awesome time at this hostel. Met some great people. The pub crawl was wild

Location is perfect, all main sites are within walking distance. Bare in mind that this is indeed a PARTY hostel, especially during weekends its very loud and up all night long ;)

Really good location for a good price. Showers were unusable and one of the beds assigned for us was not ready on arrival. Otherwise pretty good

Unusable? Did it have water, at least? ;) Just kiddin'... Hope you told the problems to our staff so they could help you, same as with your bed. Just we need ur feedback to give you solutions. Sorry for those two negatives. Hope to see u again.

Good staff especially Luis Figo and Didier Drogba

What? I didn't hire those guys! Where were they? Cheers man! Thx!

everything was great except i can't control the shower temperature so it was very hot everytime i took the shower. A friend got his backpack stolen inside while i was checking in at the counter the first day but was returned at the front door when the thief realised there was nothing valuable inside it. I swore he brought the bag inside before it was stolen. So everyone should be wary of their bags even at the front counter

Overall, great stay. Rooms were clean and it has a nice young atmosphere to it. The push button showers are not an issue, the water comes out hot and lasts for about 30 seconds. Negatives- being a tall person, I wasn't a fan of having to sit side ways on the toilet since there wasn't enough leg room for them to face front. They advertise there is free paella on Saturday nights, and when we asked where it was they said they weren't doing.

• 24th Jan 2015

Totally understand you. I'm sorry those cubicles are not made for people like you and me. Usually we cook the paella at the rooftop, and probably the weather was not the best at some point to cook it. Sorry for that. I'll get you a paella when u come back. Enjoy life!

Nice place, decent location, hated the showers but everything else was pretty cool.

I know! I hate those showers too... Being envioroment friendly has a cost... ;) But we are actually changing the system. Hope you come back to try it. Cheers!

Really nice hostel with perfect location in the centre, always very friendly and helpful staff and many additional offers (city tour, free dinner etc.). Only the washing facilities could be better (water amount and tempurature not to be regulated, only cold water at taps of the sinks and only very hot water in the showers). But all in all I really liked the hostel and would recommend it!

Sorry that our water supply system wasn't working correctly. We are figuring out to solve it, and want to give a quick solution. SORRY!

Good location but terrible showers. I can understand they want to save water but its just doesn´t work like intended. Instead you spend 15 minutes pressing a button instead of having a shower.

Ohhh man, those shower are driving us mad. We'll have them fixed soon!

Clean, good hostel with great staff in a decent location. Unfortunately the toilets are outside the rooms. Rooms are good, outlets next to beds, lockers. Pretty standard good hostel.

toilets can be IN and OUT of the room. just depends on the reservation you make. Just let us know, and we'll see what we can do to either upgrade you or make sure that you get what you want changing your reservation. Cheers!

Bea and Daniella were the greatest.

• 31st Dec 2014

I had a great time. I spent New year's eve and about a week at Cats. I paid a little bit more to get the better room and it worth it. I had one with the shower and bathroom in it. Altogether in 9 days it cost me approximately 200 euros. Definitely a great place stay. My friend and I met a lot of great people and partied hard. The staff was awesome and they all deserve raises. Pub crawl is also worth going on, but if your a pub kind of person I recommend venturing out. Cheers

• 29th Dec 2014

The hostel has a great location, but the wifi didn't work properly in any of the days during my stay, the bathroom is very small and the shower uses a press button system, which is terrible, as you don't have enough water and it's never in the temperature you want. The staff is also super busy as they have to work both in the bar and the reception, so they are not so friendly. You also have to pay to leave your luggage. After great hostels in other spanish cities, Cats was upsetting.

Nice hostel with very good location, ideal to explore the center of Madrid.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Austria

Staying in a "palace" was what made me book this and I expected a youth hostel but was a little disappointed. The bathrooms were often dirty, the push start, no pressure, no hot water showers a complaint from everyone you spoke to. Breakfast on sticky with beer from the night before tables and floor gross. At breakfast things would run out (milk, coffee, juice) and you had to ask at the front desk for more - annoying. The location and building were great, and the happy hour fun.

had a great time. lovely staff. Great bar.

« first « Prev 1 2 3