Living Cat's Hostel Reviews

Cañizares 6, 28012, Madrid, Spain

It was awesome!! Many people from all around the world, nice and positive vibe! People from the staff were always available to help and they cleaned every part of the hostel every single day!! When I have the chance to go back to Madrid, I'll definetly stay at the Cat's!!

Good location, clean rooms and bathrooms, amazing patio, great bar and pub crawls, good price. Wifi is perhaps the only bad thing about this hostel. But the most amazing thing here is the staff, I've been to many hostels but in most of them the staff didn't go beyond giving basic information. Here, when I found myself in a very bad situation, people were so kind and helpful to me I just couldn't believe it. Eventually I spent there a week instead of 3 days. Amazing, definitely in my top 3!

The city tour made by Bibiana was quite poor, of course she wasn´t able to explain everything as she was in Madrid for 2 years and she is from other country missing some very important information about the sights in my opinion, but she did as best as she could trying to be funny all the time

The staff are excellent

As a single female traveler, i foud this hostel amazing because as I arrive 4h before check in time I was able to get my room right away. The staff was SOO nice and helped me with everything I needed. Surprisingly it was super clean ! (I stayed in a 14people room. I took the walking tour with Viviana who was absolutely great and was able to make friends through that. The social athmosphere is great as 3 of the hostels do activites together and the pub crawl was really fun! ImReturning this month

This hostel is very well located, with nice atmosphere (from guests side) and the price is fair considering the position. You will get the all facilities you might need, but all in all I have got also a bit a sense of general "annoyance" with a few things: - staff often doesn't seem to enjoy what they do - the electronic lock of the doors - very high prices at the bar - no regulable temp.in the showers... nothing too bad, i would go there again eventually,but I might try sth different too..

Nice building, clean albeit basic. Air conditined but it didn't go on until late. Good location to metro and some tourist sights. It was a little noisy at night but no more than would be expected. Breakfast was very basic. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Not a great hostel but the pub crawls and party vibe make up for it!

Such good atmosphere! Our bags didn't fit in the lockers and had to share 1 power board amongst 8 people in a dorm. Wifi was bad but amazing pub crawl and sick cave bar. Always something going on at the bar. Great way to meet people. Walking tour was great. The locks on the doors were hard to get into and the showers were tiny. But I would definitely stay here again. Good vibes

Nice admenities, if your not close to the bathroom sometimes you have to talk down a floor to get to them. Pub crawl is good but would advise not buying the extra special which includes an hour of free drinks, the bar to get free drinks is crowded quickly and you spend a lot of time waiting.

Keys for rooms were very very difficult to use as did not always work and air conditioning in room did not always work even when we kept asking reception to keep it on all night, other than that hostel was very cool, beautiful,place, great location reasonably clean and helpful staff

This hostel was by far my favorite hostel throughout my Europe Trip. The staff was very friendly and they provide comfort. They host a bar crawl and there is a bar inside the hostel. The deal they give you for the bar crawl is really cool and is definitely worth it! If I ever go back to Madrid, I will definitely find my way here again!

Great activities (the twins were awesome!). Cool party atmosphere at night but they still enforce quiet time so people aren't disturbed at night. Only thing is wifi is extremely patchy and unreliable.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took the time to review us. Yes, the twins are a ton of fun and give the BEST tours in Madrid (we might be a little biased :D). We are trying to figure out how to make the WiFi experience better so hopefully that gets fixed soon. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that you can return to Madrid and will stay with us again!

Really great place if you enjoy partying. There's no curfew and their bar is open late. Only complaint is the wifi cut out often, that needs to be fixed.

• 8th Jul 2014

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a great time! We will look into how we can make the wifi better so that if you ever return to stay with us again, your stay will be even better!

We loved living cats! It is a great location, as you are able to walk everywhere you need to go including the clubbing district. It also has a great vibe at night and puts on awesome pub crawls. Would definitely stay here again.

• 7th Jul 2014

Pros: air cons in rooms, washing machines available, location good I walked everywhere while there, security is good, regular events and bar is good, common areas have good atmosphere. Cons: the wifi sucks, showers are inconsistent...I found a good one, no pressure, cold, etc, shower floor always looked gross too but I did see them cleaned so maybe its just the amount of people, big hostel which has its drawbacks.

It was the coolest hostel I have stayed in while traveling on my RTW trip! Definitely a party hostel, where you can meet people from all over the world. If you are looking for a quite place to sleep though, don't choose this one. The hostel has a bar downstairs that turns into a club at night and there is always something going on- whether it is a free walking tour of the city or a bar crawl. The bathrooms are gross though and the showers/bedroom doors are a bit difficult to use.

Thank you for leaving us a review as it helps us better ourselves. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! You're right, there is always something to do during your stay with us and we are glad you took advantage of them! As for the bathrooms, they are cleaned every two hours but we will see what we can do to make them better. Again, thank you for your review and we hope that if you return to Madrid you will stay with us again!!!

Facilities are only ok, and Internet is terrible, but is that why you're staying at hostels? Cat's is my favorite hostel in Europe. Two bars downstairs are both great. Bar crawl is fantastic, and worth the 10E. Best place to meet other backpackers in Madrid

Good location in Madrid and easy to get around!

Awesome place to meet people, really fun, The staff was really friendly and easy going. This hostel it's simply amazing! For starters, the staff is very cool,relaxed and friendly particularly, the common room ones, events like tapas tour, salsa dance lessons karaoke are organized inside the hostel, and afterwords pub crawl too, I've never seen something like this in a hostel! Furthermore, it's so well located.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that if you return to Madrid you will stay with us here at Cat's again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4