Living Cat's Hostel Reviews

Cañizares 6, 28012, Madrid, Spain

I stayed here for 2 days with my sister and friend. We had a wonderful time. The hostel is clean, secure, well organized and has a stunning common area that looks like a riad. The hostel staff plan lots of great activities, free day tours, parties and happy hours. The bar is lively with super cheap drinks specials! ( 1 liter of sangria for 5 euro) The hostel is in walking distance to most sightseeing attractions as well as a metro stop, restaurants, shops and bars. We really enjoyed it!

• 2nd Jul 2015

Great dorms. Very secure with your own bracelet to get into dorm room and locker. Very social hostel, so if you're looking for something a little more chill, it's probably not for you. Great breakfast too!

This is an excellent hostel. Upon arrival I was greeted by friendly staff. Check-in was a bit disorganized. Your "key" is an RFID watch that both opens your room door and your security locker. The leave-your-luggage lockers use this system also - very secure. I did find the bathrooms to be a bit cramped. The security is great, the atmosphere and happy hour/meet-and-greet is engaging, and the location is within walking distance to the Anton Martin or Tirso de Molina metro stations.

one of the best. Tapas tour was amazing, and so inexpensive. really good staff.

I love this hostel! This was my second time staying there. I am a 24yo female traveling alone, and I was able to make friends very quickly. The bar is great for solo travelers and groups to meet people and explore together. Conveniently located within a 10 minute walk of all major tourist spots.

The hostel was very nice. I really liked the key system and that we didn't have to provide our own locks for the lockers. The bathrooms could have been cleaner but that was really the only issue. Also, the free walking tour was great!

LOVED this hostel! So easy to meet people and the staff was absolutely incredible. Drew, Alba and Marco were so friendly and helpful. I did two walking tours, one with Carlos and one with Alba. Both were so enthusiastic about the history of the city and gave great info and recommendations on where to go. I also did the hiking tour with Marco and Drew and that was incredible. A MUST. They really catered the tour to what we wanted to do. Overall an amazing time in Madrid and would come back!!

LOVE THIS PLACE!!!! Close to everything, staff nice, and location awesome!!

Every expense is spared at Cats. In order to get their prices so low, the cheapest option for every facility and amenity is utilized. The water in the shower turns off every 15 seconds if you don't keep you hand on the valve, the blankets and pillows are thin, there are no towels, breakfast is of low nutritional and taste quality, and bathrooms are noticeably sparse, to note a few examples. If you are looking for the cheapest place, this is it. Nothing wrong with that.

Everything good! The only thing I didn't really like was the 3 euros charge to store the bags after checking out. It's honestly the first time I'm asked to pay to leave my bags in a hostel after checking out.

I loved staying at Cats! The location was great, the indoor courtyard was beautiful the staff lots of fun and involved you in loads of activities! This is definitley a party hostel and the pub crawls they take you on are great, but the walking tours are also fun and informative! The rooms were good sizes. You could chill in the courtyard too if you wanted, or head to the bar upstairs or the cave bar downstairs! I would definitley reccomend a stay here!

Great - centrally located hostel. Fun environment and comfortable living. Rooms could use lockable cabinets for belongings. Overall enjoyable time!

When I search on hostelworld I order my search from the cheapest and find the half decent one. When I turned up I was very impressed with the service from the staff and social quarters (bar and lounge), I then went on to find a out the rooms were well serviced, safe & had great beds. There were nightly and daily activities, making it a social place to be. The above & more make this hostel the best value for money hostel I have stayed at in Europe so far. The staff are great (especially Daniella)

This is a great hostel for young (under 25) travelers looking to party and drink. While we enjoyed the location and ease of the hostel, it was very loud (bring earplugs and an eye mask) and not very clean. If you are looking to party and mingle with other travelers, it's a great place for the money.

• 15th Jun 2015

Cheap hostel with everything you need but... downfalls were that the showers suck! So small, no where to put your clothes and turn off every 15 seconds. Also my wristband for the door never opened the door which was a pain! They also stuffed our booking up so new girls were moving into our beds when we arrived back one day. Wifi was good, but when peak times needed to be in courtyard which was fine. Great drinking atmosphere at night, but breaky in morning could be better! Plus beds squeak!

I'd like to have more social spaces. There is no kitchen. But I guess this is not important taken into account the price we paid. Best value for money ever. The breakfast is very good also.

Fantastic place to stay! Really beautiful common areas and a nice bar, very well-located, big lockers and clean/plentiful bathrooms. Nice party atmosphere. Staff all speak fluent English. Would definitely stay here again. If this place is full try Living Mad Hostel around the corner, it's a sister hostel and it's very similar (but a bit quieter). I'd definitely recommend both.

Awesome place, friendly staff and great layout, very social, a good place to meet people. The hostel bar is really good and there is always something to do. Probably not the best place if you are trying to sleep.

• 11th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

I stayed in another hostel my first night in Madrid and it was terrible so I moved to Cats and planned on staying for only one night but one night turned into 3 days. That place was a blast. I met a ton of crazy cool people and I joined in on the pub crawls and walking tours. Cats made my week in Madrid absolutely memorable, highly recommend you stay as many nights as you can!

Complete lack of living cats. Did not see a single cat, kitty or feline in the entire hostel. Although if you like drinking with human cats this is a great hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4