Fabulous 5,558 Total Reviews
Fabulous 5,558 Total Reviews
Living Cat's Hostel Located at Cañizares 6, 28012, Madrid.
Spain
Madrid Madrid 28012 Cañizares 6, 28012
86% 5558
40.4127771 -3.7017917
    Rooms available

28th Apr 2016

Good hostel with great atmosphere and staff. I really enjoyed my stay here and tagged on an extra night just because. It is phenomenally easy to meet people here and make friends, and the bar is really good. Negatives include chilly showers and very spotty wifi, but overall these didn't affect my experience much. Also strange was the hostel didn't seem to have an age limit. A few roommates seemed to be living in the hostel which I find odd (why would you want to live in a party hostel?!)

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
27th Apr 2016

Really fun place, good location. Got our room upgraded from 19 bed coed room to 12 bed coed room. Huge bathroom inside! The pub crawls are super fun, highly reccomend, they're 10 euros and that gets you into 4 bars with 2 free drinks/shots in each. Only downside was it was advertised at reception that there was free dinner on Wednesdays, but when wenasked later for it they said it wasn't happening, and the only food they sold was pizza.

Hi, thank you very much for your comment. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay!!!! Sorry about the free dinner, our cook was sick that day and she could not make it. We are looking forward to see you again!!

• Pakistan, Male, 25-30
27th Apr 2016

It is the best place for living in Madrid. To explore and enjoy ur life with new people. I love it and will recommend it to all my travelor fellows

Thank you very much for staying with us and leave us this nice comment. We are looking forward to seeing you again. Kind Regards

• USA, Female, 18-24
26th Apr 2016

I was incredibly impressed with the staff and atmosphere at this hostel. I plan on recommending this place to all of my friends because I felt so welcome and had such a fun time!

Thank you very much for your comment!!!! We are looking forward to seeing you again

• Slovakia, Female, 18-24
24th Apr 2016

It was my first stay in the Lavapiés area and I totally loved the athmospere. The hostel has a great location, as well as a vibe to it. Beautiful patio. The value for money is totally worth it, I only stayed for one night and couldn't be more satisfied. It's cleaned regularly, has some cool staff and pretty kitty painting everywhere haha The only thing I would recommend is having real cats as a felinoteraphy in the patio - it would be perfect. I might be coming back the next time.

Hi, thank you very much for your comment. We will think about having a cats in the patio!!!! We will see you soon

• Germany, Male, 18-24
23rd Apr 2016
5.7

No windows in the dorms, cameras EVERYWHERE and only plastic dishes for breakfast - Who decided this kind of policy???

Hi there, we do not really understand why you are worried about the CCTV cameras. We have them in the common areas only for the security of the guests and we consider that this is very important ( even for you as you gave us 8 points in this area) We use reusable plastic plates in our FREE breakfast and we have plenty of rooms with windows, only few of them does not have it. You should have asked to be changed to other room. Thank you for staying with us and very sorry for any inconvenience.

• USA, Male, 31-40
22nd Apr 2016
8.0

Overall it was a pretty good place to stay, it was contently located by a metro station and also Plaza Mayor.. Its within walking distance to major shopping if thats what your into or locate attractions. It has plenty of restaurants with in walking distance and the hostel does have lots of actives that are free or low cost. My only complaint was that at time it could be a bit loud in this hostel with all the people that come in and out, so sometime having a good night sleep is in the air..

• annamaxlennan6025
  • Scotland, Female, 18-24
22nd Apr 2016
6.6

Nothing overly special about this hostel, given a wrist band that doubles as a door key which is handy as it's safe. Bedroom doors are hard to get into as reception don't show you how to work them, they also don't show you where your room is. found this unwelcoming. Showers were cold and wifi was spotty, but location is very central and close to lots of shops with the metro too. Cheap drinks at the bar and lovely bar staff. Bunks could do with a curtain or something for privacy.

Thank you very much for staying with us and leave this comment. We are sorry to hear that you felt the check in unwelcoming. Our staff is very lovely and friendly so I will try to know what happend in the check in time. We are very sorry for the cold water as we had a problem that day, It was short it out. Kind Regards

17th Apr 2016

Great vibe, party atmosphere, and central location to a lot of the major fun things to do in Madrid. I really liked that the key card was actually a watch type sensor that was used to get in the building, your room, and locker. I was in a six bedroom with its own bathroom and shower which helped with the middle of the night still drunk and wobbling urination. Highly recommended!

Thank you very much for your comment!!!!!! See you next time in Madrid

14th Apr 2016

A great hostel, the inside is really nice, and the atmosphere is super friendly. If you're a solo traveler, this is a great place to stay. You will meet people and Madrid itself is such a great city