Living Cat's Hostel Reviews

Cañizares 6, 28012, Madrid, Spain

It's ok but I think that te common area is not good to meet people

Thank you for your comment. We usually get the best comments in terms of common areas. Our patio is so good for meeting people and be relax. Also, a bar is always a good place to meet people and enjoy and we are sure that Cat´s bar is one of then. Besides, we have events everyday!!Next time, make sure you join one of this

Not suitable for backpackers, no kitchen. Not suitable for those who want a good rest, the bar and club downstairs is noisy at night, and the drunk guys came back room started singing and talked loudly. The lock is difficult to use. The shower water is not hot enough.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

Good hostel, very central and good value

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • robbieosullivan

Definitely one of the best hostels I have ever stayed. Highly recommended. Would love to visit again.

Thank you for your nice words. We would be so happy to see you again in Cat´s Hostel

The room was okay, but the toilets and showers were a bit rundown and no temperature regulation at the showers. But location is great and breakfast was quite good!

I recommend rooms with ensuite bathrooms, they're awesome. The good thing is that breakfast is included and there are free lockers provided in the room. The bad things are that it has no kitchen and you have to pay to leave the luggage on the reception.

Hi, we are happy to hear that you, in general, enjoyed your stay. As you said, we do not have Kitchen but we have a microwave and fridge for you to put your stuff away. If a kitchen is so important to you, next time you could stay in our sister Hostel, Mad Hostel, where we have kitchen.

The overall is good. Great location, good atmosphere and youth people. The price is a bit higher when compared to the prices I was used to pay for a hostel in Madrid, but that is maybe because I booked just with one day in advance. The private shower in the room, is very strange, but works. I had a problem with the key, tho. I could not open my looker or even the door sometimes, and I had to go to the reception every time...

Nice hostel but with a hotel like feel to it. Not allowed your own alcohol and the bar isn't too cheap but they did make us pasta dinner one of the nights there. Atmosphere was good and met lots of people very easily however the locks on the doors were overly complicated and a bit annoying

I enjoyed my stay and the hostel is Central within Madrid. The freezing showers that turned on and off were unfortunate. The staff during check in were quite unorganized.

Hi, we apologize for the inconvenience with the bathrooms and check in time. We are going to try to know about the unorganized situation in the check in time. Our apologies for that. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay after all

I had the most incredible time staying at the Living Cats in Madrid. It was super easy to befriend new people, the location was so central we didn't have to use public transportation once. The hostel organized free walking tours and a pub crawl. Everything was super safe and clean. Only thing I have to criticize is the smell - unfortunately it smelled like bleach quite strong. I'd recommend the hostel to young travelers who want to party and have a good time in Madrid.

Hi, as you said, Cats Hostel is an easy place to make friends. Glad to know you enjoyed your stay

Overall the Living Cat's Hostel was okay--close to everything, seemed like a good atmosphere (although I didn't go out) and the building was absolutely gorgeous. The rooms were spacious (I stayed in an 8 bed female dorm) and there were lockers for you to secure your valuables. The doors were a bit hard to open, however, and the bathrooms are awful--tiny stalls for both the toilets and showers and the showers were the absolute worst! Terrible water pressure & temperature.

• 21st Feb 2015

Hi, thank you very much for your time to review us. We are happy to hear that you love our building. Sorry about the bathrooms. Due to our solar energetic systems we are having trouble with water temperature and we are working on that. Next time, your stay will be much better

Awesome time at this hostel. Met some great people. The pub crawl was wild

Hi, We are happy to know that you really enjoyed your stay with us. We are very proud of our Pub Crawl, best in the city!!!! We will see you next time you visit Madrid

Location is perfect, all main sites are within walking distance. Bare in mind that this is indeed a PARTY hostel, especially during weekends its very loud and up all night long ;)

Hi, Thank you very much for taking time to review us. We are happy that you had a good stay after all.

Really good location for a good price. Showers were unusable and one of the beds assigned for us was not ready on arrival. Otherwise pretty good

Unusable? Did it have water, at least? ;) Just kiddin'... Hope you told the problems to our staff so they could help you, same as with your bed. Just we need ur feedback to give you solutions. Sorry for those two negatives. Hope to see u again.

Good staff especially Luis Figo and Didier Drogba

What? I didn't hire those guys! Where were they? Cheers man! Thx!

everything was great except i can't control the shower temperature so it was very hot everytime i took the shower. A friend got his backpack stolen inside while i was checking in at the counter the first day but was returned at the front door when the thief realised there was nothing valuable inside it. I swore he brought the bag inside before it was stolen. So everyone should be wary of their bags even at the front counter

Overall, great stay. Rooms were clean and it has a nice young atmosphere to it. The push button showers are not an issue, the water comes out hot and lasts for about 30 seconds. Negatives- being a tall person, I wasn't a fan of having to sit side ways on the toilet since there wasn't enough leg room for them to face front. They advertise there is free paella on Saturday nights, and when we asked where it was they said they weren't doing.

• 24th Jan 2015

Totally understand you. I'm sorry those cubicles are not made for people like you and me. Usually we cook the paella at the rooftop, and probably the weather was not the best at some point to cook it. Sorry for that. I'll get you a paella when u come back. Enjoy life!

Nice place, decent location, hated the showers but everything else was pretty cool.

I know! I hate those showers too... Being envioroment friendly has a cost... ;) But we are actually changing the system. Hope you come back to try it. Cheers!

Really nice hostel with perfect location in the centre, always very friendly and helpful staff and many additional offers (city tour, free dinner etc.). Only the washing facilities could be better (water amount and tempurature not to be regulated, only cold water at taps of the sinks and only very hot water in the showers). But all in all I really liked the hostel and would recommend it!

Sorry that our water supply system wasn't working correctly. We are figuring out to solve it, and want to give a quick solution. SORRY!

Good location but terrible showers. I can understand they want to save water but its just doesn´t work like intended. Instead you spend 15 minutes pressing a button instead of having a shower.

Ohhh man, those shower are driving us mad. We'll have them fixed soon!

« first « Prev 1 2 3