Living Cat's Hostel Reviews

Cañizares 6, 28012, Madrid, Spain

The facilities needed a lot of improvement, the sleeping areas were so uncomfortable I couldn't sleep more than one hour. The atmosphere made me uncomfortable and I heard of so many thefts happening during my stay I didn't want to leave my stuff unattended even in the lockers. The only two positives were the staff-one of the bartenders helped us out so much on what to do and he was the most friendly man there. And the location was great for nightlife and to find somewhere to eat.

• 23rd May 2015

I thought it would be impossible to spend the night in Madrid center without paying over 30/night for a bed, but I got the bed for nearly 10€, plus all the services and the friendliness, full cooperation, and free pallella at some point!

• 22nd May 2015
  • Iran

I had an issue with the key system; the issue was that it was to complicated to open, not only for me but to a lot of travelers. Also the air conditioning was off in a room with 18 people after we figured out to ask the front desk to turn it on. Other than that great place and great atmosphere

I found the hostel to be a bit disappointing - almost zero atmosphere, unless you want to get drunk in the bar. It was just a typical party hostel and I thought it was a bit scummy (especially the bathrooms). On the plus side, the rooms were clean, security was really good and the communal area was pretty cool.

Very good hostel, I shared a room with 19 people and everything was cleaned often, the lockers were big and good, friendly staff helped me printing my boarding pass and with directions to find the places I wanted to visit. Location was good, near some touristic points and subway. Wi-fi worked well. Breakfast good as well.

This is a party hostel, so you can expect a good atmosphere. This isn't the best place to come for a good night sleep but if you want to party and meet people, come here. The staff were very nice and when I had to cancel the last night of my stay they gave me a full refund even though I didn't give them the required 24 hours notice. Overall I would recommend.

Madrid is a great fiesta and the Cat`s Hostel brings us this atmosphere! The building is beautiful! There's a bar inside the hostel open every night. Bedroom and bathrooms are clean. I stayed in a 4 bed room that was really quiet and could sleep really well. Staff is great!

The hostel was good. I didn't spend long there but it was ok. I stayed in the 16 bed dorm and was glad my bunk was far away from the showers/toilet.

The beds and rooms were okay but I found it wasn't too social. Overall good hostel. No major complaints. Love that it was close to azúcar, a Latin night club on atocha which was an amazing salsa club.

Hi, we are happy to know that you had fun in Madrid. Next time with us try to meet people in our bar, It could be better experience next time. It is always good fun in it and some of them could go with you to Azucar :) Also, every Monday we have salsa classes!!!! Thank you for staying with us

Staff were lovely, place was clean, the building was really nice. Would stay again for sure.

You have described wery good what Cats Hostel is. We will see you next time. Take care

Had a really good time, it was great to be back in Madrid. very nice building and had a good laugh. I think I left a pearl bracelet there, please message me if anyone finds it :)

Hi, We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay. About your pearl bracelet, we will let you know if we see it. We will see you next time in Madrid

It's ok but I think that te common area is not good to meet people

Thank you for your comment. We usually get the best comments in terms of common areas. Our patio is so good for meeting people and be relax. Also, a bar is always a good place to meet people and enjoy and we are sure that Cat´s bar is one of then. Besides, we have events everyday!!Next time, make sure you join one of this

Not suitable for backpackers, no kitchen. Not suitable for those who want a good rest, the bar and club downstairs is noisy at night, and the drunk guys came back room started singing and talked loudly. The lock is difficult to use. The shower water is not hot enough.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

Hi dear, we are really sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay as you should. We do not have kitchen but if this is very important for you, you could stay in our sister hostel Mad Hostel where you can find a nice kitchen to cook. For the rest of the inconvenience that you had, you should ask for help at reception, we would help to with anything you need

Good hostel, very central and good value

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • robbieosullivan

Hi, thank you for staying with us!!!! We will see you next time In Cat´s

Definitely one of the best hostels I have ever stayed. Highly recommended. Would love to visit again.

Thank you for your nice words. We would be so happy to see you again in Cat´s Hostel

The room was okay, but the toilets and showers were a bit rundown and no temperature regulation at the showers. But location is great and breakfast was quite good!

Thank you for your comment. Due to our solar water system we are having troubles to get an optima temperatura, something which is going to be fix soon. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our breakfast.

I recommend rooms with ensuite bathrooms, they're awesome. The good thing is that breakfast is included and there are free lockers provided in the room. The bad things are that it has no kitchen and you have to pay to leave the luggage on the reception.

Hi, we are happy to hear that you, in general, enjoyed your stay. As you said, we do not have Kitchen but we have a microwave and fridge for you to put your stuff away. If a kitchen is so important to you, next time you could stay in our sister Hostel, Mad Hostel, where we have kitchen.

The overall is good. Great location, good atmosphere and youth people. The price is a bit higher when compared to the prices I was used to pay for a hostel in Madrid, but that is maybe because I booked just with one day in advance. The private shower in the room, is very strange, but works. I had a problem with the key, tho. I could not open my looker or even the door sometimes, and I had to go to the reception every time...

Hi, thank you for your time. As you said, if you make a reservation at least with one week in advance it would be cheaper. Our door system is very secure that at first would be difficult, anyway, our staff can help you any time you need.

Nice hostel but with a hotel like feel to it. Not allowed your own alcohol and the bar isn't too cheap but they did make us pasta dinner one of the nights there. Atmosphere was good and met lots of people very easily however the locks on the doors were overly complicated and a bit annoying

Hi, happy to hear you liked our free dinner which is happening every Wednesday and Sunday. Sorry for the door system but we want you to be very safe at the hostel, you can always ask for help at reception. We will see you next time!

I enjoyed my stay and the hostel is Central within Madrid. The freezing showers that turned on and off were unfortunate. The staff during check in were quite unorganized.

Hi, we apologize for the inconvenience with the bathrooms and check in time. We are going to try to know about the unorganized situation in the check in time. Our apologies for that. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay after all