Living Cat's Hostel Reviews

Cañizares 6, 28012, Madrid, Spain

First of all, we were really disappointed by the welcoming... Not warm at all, we really felt to be in a biiiiiig hotel and not in an hostel. The receptionist had no smile/expression face and we were not feeling like being attended. Second, the room had only a window on the patio and it was really hoooooot in there (too much, really). The beds were comfy though. It seems to be like a party hostel, not exactly what we were looking for. THEN the breakfast was so noisy and not organised... :/

It was ojay, but some guests are too noisy at nights at the bar and in some corridors. The admin didnt control them.

• 6th Feb 2016
  • Colombia

Great hostel and it appeared very clean. There was an atmosphere that allowed you to meet lots of people but if you also wanted to go to sleep early it was quiet enough to do that.

• 6th Feb 2016

What a beaut! In an already lovable city, Madrid comes at you with this gem of a hostel. The atmosphere is lively, friendly and relaxed with a staff of hip young superstars.

Perfect location, nice beds and Staff, awful Wifi. The should fix it and improve the showers as well.

Great hostel - easy to meet people. Clean. Nice big lockers in your room. Great location. I liked the lounge area. What else can you want? One frustrating thing was that Wifi was a bit spotty at times...but what can you do.

• 5th Feb 2016

Great environment and location to meet people and the beatuiful city of Madrid! Just would need a kitchen to be perfect.

Staffs were really nice, and I really love the courtyard! Awesome place to chill, and good location too! Two metros away from the train station. If I had to give an advice, don't take the 18 attic dorm with the ensuite bathroom even if you want to save money. Spend an extra euro or two and go for the better rooms - the attic was really crappy. Also the doors were kinda confusing but you'll get used to it.

The hostel is really beautiful but it has a huge problem: the water of the bathroom it's always cold! I 've taken shower at diferent times ( morning,afternoon, midnight) and it wwas cold and its winterrr. Please change that

• 1st Feb 2016
  • Argentina

Good hostel. Cold/barely warm showers without a holder for the shower head. Excellent security here.. Beautiful building looks like a mosque in common area. Great staff, drunk guy tried to mess with a guest on pub crawl and our employee/guide was up in arms. Have bar with reasonable prices, good atmosphere and easy to meet people in bar if you aren't a hermit.

The hostel is really great and the staff very kind.

• 28th Jan 2016
  • Spain

Hi, we are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay!!!! We are looking forward to seeing you again

Secure, decently clean. Can be noisy at night, but if you're going out anyways it's not a problem.

• 26th Jan 2016

Worth the price. Good location.

In the last 14days I have been to 5big city's throughout Spain and France. My stay in Madrid was BY FAR the most pleasant. The city itself was amazing, but my stay in the hostel made it even better! The atmosphere is really nice there and the bar is an excellent place to make some new friends. Thanks for the amazing time I had there! Jorre

I've spent two nights in the Cat's Hostel. The staff was perfect, they spoke English and Spanish and helped me when I needed. Internet was working quite good. I've slept in the 19-mixed dorm in attic and I thought it won't be ok because of the noise etc. But actually it was quiet. Anyway, I'd like to have a little bit more of fresh air in the room. This was my first stay in a hostel, but I really liked it. Value for money (10 eur/night) was excelent.

nice hostel but I didnt like the showers cos there is nowhere to put your things and they should also have a guest kitchen. it was a very well-organized breakfast.

I had an amazing stay @Cat's hostel & would recommend it to anyone who is coming to Madrid!The location is great, easy to reach with public transport and in the center of Madrid,the perfect starting point to discover the city.The staff is very kind & helpful & my room was clean&comfy.It's a great place for any kind of traveller, who wants to rest can rest & the ones who want to have a drink(or a lot of drinks ;)&meet people can go to the hostels' party-bar!Thx john,ana,mike,mayte&all the rest!

• 17th Jan 2016
  • Belgium

Fantastic hostel! Friendly staff, the facilities were excellent and the stay was extremely enjoyable. And John was the best bar tender I've ever encountered

Very fun, clean, spacious hostel. Good choice for solo travelers since there's a cool bar and lounge area. Staff is very friendly (they even let us switch rooms in the middle of the night when someone was snoring loudly in our bedroom), breakfast was definitely a high point. Location is great too. I really missed a kitchen, though. Other than that, it was pretty good. I'd stay there again.

The staff often ignored us when at front desk. Unhelpful and unaware staff members.

Hi, thank you for your comment. I have just seen that you guys arrived when the 2 receptionists were changing shift and in this moment they need 10 minutes to do it. In this case, we always say to our guests to wait because we have not find the way so far to count money and check someone in. Your reservation was for 3 nights and you finally stayed 2 and we gave you the money for the 3rd night back even though we have 24 h policy cancellation. Everybody can be upset for any reason and feel that the service was not as they expect, location is usually something objective and we think you valorate it unfairly, probably this is part of your upseting

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6