Living Cat's Hostel Reviews

Cañizares 6, 28012, Madrid, Spain

Great location, amazing inerior in the common room. Breakfast was good, better than in many other places I have been. Staff could have been friendlier..

The courtyard is really pretty. The beds are a little squeaky though

Great clean hostel in the Madrid's city center the best location. I had pleasant stay. Thera are many activites organized by this hostel that are worth of trying.

Nice hostel set in a beautiful old building, staff were great and the location was excellent. The shower and toilet facilities were a little dodgey but overall a great hostel with good WiFi and great events every night and day to help you socialise and see the city

The room lock is complicate to open and the first reception teach me wrongly, so i could not open the door in the first night and always needed ppl inside to open, only on the second day i found another nice reception to teach me the correct way, then it is ok. There are bugs on bed and i was bited at least 8 times. The below was loud and ppl never slept before 1am, i had bad sleep in this hostel. Not recommended.

Hostel is large, and the organized events are a hit and miss, at least during the week when I was there. Not many people participated in the pub crawls. The bar in the hostel is chill though, and I was able to meet other travellers there, with whom to go out with. Also, you can walk 2 minutes to the partner hostel down the street and go to their rooftop "bar" to hang out.

Very clean hostel. Great location!

Staff were great we hadn't booked our train and couldn't get there on the right day so I rang up and they just moved our reservation free of charge. Really big hostel, good facilities, rooms were decent, ours had an en-suite and there were plenty showers and toilets although there didn't seem to be many on our floor (top floor) but the side corridor had loads hidden away in. Bar crawls were great as was the nightly entertainment and atmosphere for these was fantastic. Great Hostel.

The bar crawl set up by the hostel was brilliant, and the karaoke was so funny and it was lovely to see everyone getting involved! But apart from that the atmosphere wasn't that great generally. This was because of the layout of the hostel, not the people or hostel staff! Apart from the hostel bar, the main area was a few sofas dotted around an indoor fountain. We still met some great people and had a good time though! The hostel staff were brilliant! Showers were clean, but stopped often.

So much fun!!

Great party scene and the pub crawl was cool. Lots of activities as well. the staff was amazing and met alot of really cool people. Wi-fi was solid. Only thing was that the room was either really hot or really cold, but outside of that minor issue this hostel was absolutely fantastic. Next time I am in Madrid I am staying here.

Staff and location was great. You could leave your stuff there even if you already checked out. They were very helpful and the pub crawls are a lot pf fun. They have also paella night and what so ever.

A fun hostel to stay at, good facilities and activities. The staff are friendly and helpful. Would recommend for under 30s

Very friendly and extremely helpful staff. Kitchen area was comfortable however fridge too small for amount if people in hostel, there was hardly no room for my to put a small yogurt. Apart from this all is well. Loved my stay. Bathrooms big and clean.

• 28th Aug 2014

Overall we had a really nice stay. The interiors are unique and the hostel is a very busy place. I highly recommed a free walking tour in the morning, which is informative and fun.

This hostel was not a bad hosel, the nightly activities planned were great as it always started at the pub downstairs. There was a really excellent lady who worked at reception, she was always helpful unlike some of the other staff.

Great vibe between mad and cats hostels certainly enjoyed the time there, however the pub crawl was disappointing as it was a lot of waiting for one club before going to he main club. would recommend improving that (on a Saturday and everything) location was handy and not too far from the train station. was a good choice

Staff were amazing. Had a great time-especially the nights out!

• 23rd Aug 2014

Fantastic location, good vibe. Definitely seems like a good place for meeting other travelers (although I was just in and out for one night). I also really appreciated that each bed had 3 outlets, a light and a locker. There were tons of showers so it seemed like there'd never be a wait, and they all seemed in good condition to me. The only suggestion I would make to the staff would be reconsidering those silly keys - surely I'm not the only one that struggled! :P

Absolutely loved our stay at cats! By far the best experience I've had at a hostel in terms of atmosphere and involvement. The staff are so helpful and friendly and you get to know them quite well over the stay. The highlight of our stay in Madrid was the river trek tour that was organised through the hostel it was something that we would have never been able to do on our own. Nothing but positives to say about cats! Missing the paella already!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5