Living Cat's Hostel Reviews

Cañizares 6, 28012, Madrid, Madrid, Spain

good hostel, nice staff and clean rooms.

Hostel came highly recommended but it disappointed. I found the dorms sterile (with horrible fluorescent lights), the showers and toilets partitions were uncomfortably small- couldn't be in there without touching the walls and didn't seem clean. Front desk wasn't super helpful, other people in the hostel weren't very friendly, the pub crawl guys were annoyingly aggressive, and the walking tour was good but not great. An OK hostel but not the best and not worthy of the recommendations I got.

Living Cat's Hostel is has an absolutely beautiful courtyard! I also got one of the cool rooms around the balcony on the top so I felt like a princess. Beds were very comfortable and warm, and met some great people. Walking tour wasn't so good (but I got a guy who was substituting though). Location was about 10 min walk from Plaza Mayor, so pretty good. Bathrooms were kind of gross; there were annoying push button showers, and once there was a giant poop on the floor that stunk up the place...

there were no cats but the hostel was great. Its location is unbelievable SO close to everything and they offer a great free walking tour and tapas tour which we did on the first day to give us a feel for the area. I went with 4 friends and stayed in one of the big mixed dorm rooms which was fun because over our 5 days we met a bunch of really cool people. The hostel also does a happy hour special everyday which is good to grab drinks before heading out to the bars. Definitely recommended

• 27th Mar 2014

Three biggest problems of the hostel was. 1- showers are dirty and you can't adjust the warmth of the water. It is usually cold! 2- wifi connection was really bad 3- the lock system on the door and closets is hard to figure out and operate. Once i tried to open my room's door for 5 minutes. Other than that thy have a nice area that you can socialize. But what i paid did't meet my expectations for sure.

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Turkey

Hello everyone! I spent few days in Cat's Hostel and I had such great time! The Staff is fun and welcoming and the athmosphere is really nice. Drinks are cheap and at the bar I met lots of interesting backpackers. I totally recommend it! PS: it's 1 minute walking from Plaza mayor..best location ever!

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Spain

Hey! We're so very glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are always happy to hear the good news that people love Cats. See you again soon!

They have a cheap bar with weak drinks and because of this there is i think a 100 euro fee if they find outside alcohol in your room. Which all makes sense. It was primarily a party hostel , but while i was there I still saw people complaining about other people being to loud in their own room. such buzzkills. The staff is as nice as they can be, considering they probably deal with several annoying clients on a nightly basis. Just go in knowing you'll get what you pay for from a cheap hostel.

Great venue for younger travellers who like to party hard and late into the morning. Very little common area to get to sit and chill and meet fellow travellers. Security swipe card system a bonus as it doubles as a locker key.

this is a hostel for party-teenagers!never seen so many disrespectful people together before.staff seemed to be in the same vibe.i arrived late and there was a noisy party going on.there was a girl occupying two beds(one of them mine).beautiful building,good location.showers are terrible,there's no space at all to put your stuff.i wouldn't recommend it, unless you're a teenager that wants to get drunk without leaving the hostel(which is so stupid, while you have the whole Madrid to party in)

Hello, We are truly sorry that your stay was not perfect. If you have any problems with your room etc. the reception is more than happy to help you fix the situation. We have several parties during the week to create an atmosphere of fun for our guests, however we always ask guests to be respectful of others and leave the patio (where guests' bedrooms are) after 12am. Again we are sorry about the problems with your stay, but are very glad that you enjoyed the building and the location.

Overall, it was fine but it had its problems. The showers have push buttons that run for ~ 10-15 seconds, which is absurd as they should work for at least a minute at a time. The real pain is that there was 1 outlet in our 8 bed room and it was by the door, so it was very hard to charge our electronics and watch them. The wifi is horrible and hardly ever works so it was useless. We weren't told when to check out and then they tried to charge another day, but they waived it when explained.

• 28th Feb 2014

Basically just us and a football trip there. Cold showers, rude staff and overall not very good. Except our free tour guide who gave us a free tour and took us on a pubcrawl to joy, he was great.

• 15th Feb 2014

Cats sincerely apologizes for the mishaps in your stay. In the case of the showers not working we always suggest that our guests talk to reception if this problem arises. The staff will be happy to adjust the temperature until it meets your standard. In terms of staff, we apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred. We aim to ensure that your stay goes smoothly & we are always trying to improve our services. However, we are happy that you enjoyed the tour & the pub crawl. Thanks!

Individual bathrooms are amazing !

Hey! We are so glad that you enjoyed the amazing bathrooms and your stay. We hope that you come again!

Comfortable beds, large individual lockers and lively downstair bar. I recommend it!

Cleanliness: Poor; could smell mold, mustiness and visible dirt where there shouldn't be. Service: Average; slow check in, and very old and possibly outdated room/locker keys. Amenities: Poor; unreliable internet access, bad water heating system, push-button showers, funky power grid, poor ventilation and thin walls. Breakfast was somewhat acceptable. Best aspect was the key-specific lockers.

When I arrived, there were short hairs all over my sheets and questionable stains. I asked for another sheet and given one, however, it also had hair on it albeit less than the previous. A kitchen or even a microwave for guest use would have been nice. Bad experience with some guests in the larger dorm, but not really the hostel's fault. The breakfast was fine: cereal, toast (toppings), and tea/juice. I would not stay here again, and I did not when I returned to madrid. good access to train stat

Really cool hostel with a great vibe, if you don't like noise do not chose the 19 bed dorm as the showers and bathrooms are within the room which can make it quite noisy. Good breakfast with bread pastries cereal and tea and coffee hut chocolate. Only downside is the wifi is temp tempermental

Overall the hostel experience was not bad but it wasn't best in class either. The wi-fi was unreliable in the rooms and the sheet's provided were not that great. But good location and plenty of bathrooms, as well as a beautiful courtyard did help improve the experience.

• 19th Jan 2014

A good fun place however it lacks a kitchen. Not a recluse for those who are arriving after long flights, but great for the same reasons.

I'm 45 jears old but i never was for drunken partys. It was much to much a party-hostel for me. Sleeping was almost impossible! People made a lot of noise! There is no common room except of a bar in this place! No Books, library or interesting Information about madrid. The kids are just getting filled up (alcohol) because of the cheep prices! No interesting activities!

• 13th Jan 2014
  • Austria

Great hostel. Only issues were about hot water. Very low storage of that.

• 11th Jan 2014