Living Cat's Hostel Reviews

Cañizares 6, 28012, Madrid, Spain

I have stayed here before and came back again so it is a nice hostel. Good location and nice facilities although no kitchen.

Good hostel with a good party vibe (even in late November). The push button showers weren't the greatest. The room also got really hot and stuffy at night unless you left the door open so it would be pretty hot in summer (although there is air con in the rooms).

Very friendly and fun stuff and visitors – had a very good time there! Haven’t seen so many happy people for long time :)

All around great experience here! Fun Moroccan themed common area that is great for chilling and hanging in to meet other travelers. Fun bar area with great times! Thanks for everything, so great!

Good stay

Good review ;)

Bed bugs, actually do something about it next time, that hostel was disgusting, barely anything was done when i came up with bites all over my body, having previously found one crawl across my pillow and killed and showed the reception, who took a photo. The larger 14 bed room had no ventilation, as the windows didnt open, so the romm smelt of sweat. The showers are cold and last for 3 secodns, theres a difference between conserving water and not having decent facilities.

• 11th Nov 2014

Pretty much a party hostel. Madrid is a party city so it would make sense. But don't expect to much from this place, it's wonderful for a younger person to stay at because it provides a safe party atmosphere, but if you're not much of a party type person, it's still a fairly decent hostel. I enjoyed my stay there and would probably end up staying again mostly because of the location.

very loud in the room because of the Air-Condition which was running all night. Not even earplugs could mute out this noise.

Hi Harald, Sorry that the AC was so noisy. We usually tell him to be quiet at night... ;) Seriously, the AC system is turned on and off from Reception, so every time you need it we can turn it on or off. Hope you come back to Madrid! See u!

The bar crawl is a ton of fun but the shower in my room (one of the attics) made a horrific noise whenever anyone used it. Otherwise, great location and a beautiful hostel!

• 7th Nov 2014

Before visiting the hostel we sent mail, but the staff didnt care. We received no answer... Anyway when we arrived at the hostel we couldnt enter the the hostel. They transferred us to another hostel without our permission. Ok there was a audit in the hostel but they had to send a mail a few days earlier. Anyway the boss of the hostels is the same person. Also some female staff is not helpful. I didnt like the attitude. The activities always failed. Free walking tour was good.

Although the hostel is well ubicated has a complicated system for unlocking the doors, normally people delays 15 mins in order to open a simple door, also some beds doesn't had somewhere to charge your phone.

We have such a safe locking system that not even guests are able to get in. Yes, we understand is a little bit complicated. Sorry. Reception is always open for you to ask anything you need, and even have a bed-changing if your charger plug was not working... Thank u for the feedback anyway! Cheers!

I had to wait a really long time to check in. The line moved really slowly and the staff seemed inefficient. However, the location and amenities were great! Beautiful hostel. But don't expect much from the free breakfast

Hi Margaret! Excuse our two computers to be so slow (joking)... Sometimes seems that people come to the hostel all together. I can believe that the staff can be slow, but believe me that checking in has a process. Sorry you felt our team was inefficient, and the breakfast wasn't enough. Though we are so proud of our breakfast!!! Let us know what would u change... At least we are well located!!! Cool!!!

AWESOME STAY!! The best Halloween party that I've ever stayed... I met a lot of solo treavellers like me and we had a fantastic time. Great staff and location. I was a bit worried about the bathrooms but they were so clean everytime I was there. Karaoke night also great.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Yuhu!!! Seems we are doing well. Thank you for letting us know! Cheers!

The hostel is good! Is in a good position and the staff is really nice Is recomanded for young people but its ok even for adult.good for who across madrid for a couple of days like me!

• 30th Oct 2014

Niiice Valeria! That means that you have a young soul! Thank you!!!

Awesome Hostel. The vibe and atmosphere was great and it was easy to meet people because of it. The pub crawls and the hostel employees were all super awesome. Hector and Jose deserve to be recognized for sure.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

That means to me that we are the best! :) Thank you!!!

Breakfast is also included and very ncie, but sometimes they run out of the pastries and these are not re-filled. So breakfast early! :) furthermore very nice staff, but at the time we went there they were late with the cas, so they said 3 times we needed to wait for 10 minutes. (We waited 1,5 hour). But got free drinks for waiting! The hostel is really beautiful and the location is perfect! Is known as party hostel, but I didn't hear anything except my roommates .

• 24th Oct 2014

Sorry for the time waiting to check-in. Happy to hear that people still like beer as compensation! hahaha. ;) I like too!. Instead of pastries... beer? (jokin'). Happy to hear that u had a great time at Cat's. You are welcome back. We'll put some pastries with your reservation. ;)

very helpful staff and great location for the price. Other hostels are more centrally located, but pricier.

The staff is always willing to have good reviews. Thank you!!!

This hostel seemed cool and was a good value, location, and free breakfast is always a plus. The one night I stayed there was a huge group of obnoxious exchange students which put a damper on the general atmosphere, and my room was one of the 'attic' rooms which meant it was hot and dungeon-y, not that we spent much time there anyways. Other that that great place to meet people solo traveling or in groups, good vibes, and lots of activities if you're into that sort of thing.

Hi Amalia! Nice you found the hostel cool though to noisy disturbing neighbours. We allow you to punch them next time. :) Welcome back whenever you want! Cheers.

The location is great; only a short walk to Puerta del Sol and anything else you might need. The bathrooms could do with more ventilation and some air-freshener, but otherwise the hostel is very clean. The laundry facilities are handy. The wifi was a bit dodgy but when it did work it was quite fast. I would probably stay here again.

We've been havin' some problems with the telephone and internet providers that are already solved. Sorry that you were here those particular days. You are more than welcome to come back and enjoy our working-WIFI

They could have the bed sheets already on the bed like other hostels.. The attics are super cool with the bathrooms included, plus the pc room was really helpful for those who travel alone, like me.

• 12th Oct 2014