Living Cat's Hostel Reviews

Cañizares 6, 28012, Madrid, Spain

Staff counted the money I gave them incorrectly and then tried to charge me more. Good location.

The breakfast was fine, but just a tiny thing: the whole meal bread always ran out very quickly! The First Lady who checked us in was lovely, but later we were ignored by staff at the front desk.

• 26th Aug 2015

The worst showers, push button type that last 5 seconds with a tricks of water. Due to this I only showered 1 time in 3 days and by the smell of my dorm room I think everyone else did the same. Other than that it was ok. Bring your earplugs.

First 100% review I've given in 2 months of travel. This hostel is great. It's cheap, pretty central, they have stuff going every night, it's super easy to meet people, it's clean, it has a cheap bar, and you'll have an awesome time. I highly recommend this place

OLA PARTY HOSTEL! I loved it here! Perfect for solo travellers and if you're up to meet people and have a good time. Do not book this hostel if you are not the above or want to sleep. Staff are great! Location awesome and the place just makes you feel welcome. Thanks for a lewse time guys!

This was definitely a party hostel and I wished I would've read up on it more before deciding to stay here. We did not sleep at all because the other guests lingered outside the hostel bar until 7 in the morning chatting and being loud. The place itself is pretty cool looking with a fancy courtyard. It's near places you'd want to be. It has "free" city tours given by a guy that curses a little more than he should. Not bad except we were looking to get some rest at night.

Had such a fun in Madrid. And I don't think it was possible if I didn't stay at cats hostel. Nice free walking tour. Fun pubcrawl. They have nice crew working there.

Great for a solo-traveler. Quick walk to city center and pubcrawls every night. Do the Toledo trip and free walking tour with Álvaro. Very enthusiastic guy. Do the alternative tour with Andrew to see a different side of Madrid. He really did his research. Also loved the trekking tour if you want to see where the locals go to relax in a beautiful mountain area on some water. And, do the Tapas tour with Cristina, very worth it! Great staff, had so much fun with Mateo, Paloma and everyone else!

Stayed in the mixed 18 mixed dorm. Had the top bunk on the top floor and it was humid and hot. Slept next to the ac. Couldn't control it. Also stuff kept falling onto my bunk from the ceiling. Some of the travelers staying had s rabbit and that caused a bad smell in the dorm.

Couldn't believe the value for money in this hostel. Even the attic rooms (larger dorms) are so well organised with several toilets and showers , the bar area is perfect to meet people , the free walking tour leaves from the front door, breakfast is awesome. Very pleased.

Great atmosphere, I felt safe the entire time, loved the variety of activities offered to help us learn, see, and explore Madrid, and all of the staff are so friendly, helpful, and fun.

• 12th Aug 2015

By far one of my favorite hostels in Europe! The rooms were clean and spacious. The "living" room was beautiful. The bar was pretty cheap. The staff was so nice and friendly. The tours were actually fun...and the pub crawl even funner ;) I met so many wonderful people there every day and night. I only wish I could have stayed longer. Thanks Cats for my favorite nights in Europe!

The Cat's Hostel staff was very helpful and kind,therefore I had a good time there.It was one of the best hostel I have ever stayed.Every night Cristina and Carlo (he is a good singer as well) take guests to the pubs, restaurants and you can taste there different kind of tapas (for ex. I do like CROCETAS :) ). I got a ticket to Bernabéu stadium from them and it was really worthy (without waiting before ticket sales points). Thank you, guys. Hope to see you again. Max

it was good value for money

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Hungary

Staff was a little distant location was great and clean. Wifi half works in rooms.

Great atmosphere and great people! Paella night with MAD hostel was delicious and fun! Went on the pub crawl and had a blast. Only stayed for one night but wish I'd stayed for more. The staff was very helpful and gave some fun tips and sites to see. Stayed in an all female, 8 bed dorm, which was kind of cramped but the lockers were large and the room was close to the bathrooms.

It was one of our favorite hostel. Staff were really helpful and cheerful. Beds weren't that comfortable but we've seen worse so it was okay. The decoration of hostel was delightful also. The only thing made me sad was the under limit of age was approximately 25 and it was kind a bad since I was 18 but we've met very friendly people there also. Especially the Irish boys :)

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Turkey

we did have a great time at Living Cats Hostel, pub crawl organised was great fun and the hostel is setup to ensure you can meet travellers. Two down points though The bar was closed despite being middle of summer and we had to go to the bar at other hostel. And lastly the showers/toilets were very poor.

For the travellers alone, the hostel is the perfect place to meet new people from all over the world. The events which are organized by the hostel all the events make people have fun. Facility is good enough to rest in the nights. The prices are perfect.

Definitely a party hostel! Don't expect to sleep too much as you will be going out with your new hostelmates very often! The bedroom facilities are great, and the bathrooms are generally clean, though the toilet stalls seem to be a bit too small for a big guy like me. The keys to open the rooms are also slightly difficult to use. The air conditioning also sometime's just too cold! Acitivities, the pub crawl staff that they are collaborating with aren't the best, they lose the group often

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6