Living Cat's Hostel Reviews

Cañizares 6, 28012, Madrid, Spain

Nice building, clean albeit basic. Air conditined but it didn't go on until late. Good location to metro and some tourist sights. It was a little noisy at night but no more than would be expected. Breakfast was very basic. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Not a great hostel but the pub crawls and party vibe make up for it!

Keys for rooms were very very difficult to use as did not always work and air conditioning in room did not always work even when we kept asking reception to keep it on all night, other than that hostel was very cool, beautiful,place, great location reasonably clean and helpful staff

Great activities (the twins were awesome!). Cool party atmosphere at night but they still enforce quiet time so people aren't disturbed at night. Only thing is wifi is extremely patchy and unreliable.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took the time to review us. Yes, the twins are a ton of fun and give the BEST tours in Madrid (we might be a little biased :D). We are trying to figure out how to make the WiFi experience better so hopefully that gets fixed soon. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that you can return to Madrid and will stay with us again!

Really great place if you enjoy partying. There's no curfew and their bar is open late. Only complaint is the wifi cut out often, that needs to be fixed.

• 8th Jul 2014

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a great time! We will look into how we can make the wifi better so that if you ever return to stay with us again, your stay will be even better!

We loved living cats! It is a great location, as you are able to walk everywhere you need to go including the clubbing district. It also has a great vibe at night and puts on awesome pub crawls. Would definitely stay here again.

• 7th Jul 2014

Pros: air cons in rooms, washing machines available, location good I walked everywhere while there, security is good, regular events and bar is good, common areas have good atmosphere. Cons: the wifi sucks, showers are inconsistent...I found a good one, no pressure, cold, etc, shower floor always looked gross too but I did see them cleaned so maybe its just the amount of people, big hostel which has its drawbacks.

It was the coolest hostel I have stayed in while traveling on my RTW trip! Definitely a party hostel, where you can meet people from all over the world. If you are looking for a quite place to sleep though, don't choose this one. The hostel has a bar downstairs that turns into a club at night and there is always something going on- whether it is a free walking tour of the city or a bar crawl. The bathrooms are gross though and the showers/bedroom doors are a bit difficult to use.

Thank you for leaving us a review as it helps us better ourselves. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! You're right, there is always something to do during your stay with us and we are glad you took advantage of them! As for the bathrooms, they are cleaned every two hours but we will see what we can do to make them better. Again, thank you for your review and we hope that if you return to Madrid you will stay with us again!!!

Facilities are only ok, and Internet is terrible, but is that why you're staying at hostels? Cat's is my favorite hostel in Europe. Two bars downstairs are both great. Bar crawl is fantastic, and worth the 10E. Best place to meet other backpackers in Madrid

Good location in Madrid and easy to get around!

Awesome place to meet people, really fun, The staff was really friendly and easy going. This hostel it's simply amazing! For starters, the staff is very cool,relaxed and friendly particularly, the common room ones, events like tapas tour, salsa dance lessons karaoke are organized inside the hostel, and afterwords pub crawl too, I've never seen something like this in a hostel! Furthermore, it's so well located.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that if you return to Madrid you will stay with us here at Cat's again!

The bathrooms were so cramped and small it was actually ridiculous. I stayed at a different hostel one street down when I went to Madrid the previous weekend; it was cheaper and had such nice facilities. I must have just had high hopes. You had to sit sideways in the bathroom to fit, hit the showers every 15 sec for water and the temp changed. The pub crawl was so poorly organized and not worth the money. Wifi gave out every 5 min. Not worth the money.

• 27th Jun 2014

Thank you for leaving a review as all comments help us better ourselves. As for the bathrooms, we are sorry that you did not find them to your liking. There are private bathrooms that you can have access to with certain rooms. The push showers are very common in Europe as it helps to conserve water. We will look into how we can better our pub crawl. Again thank you for you comments and we hope that if you return to Madrid you can stay with us again.

I really didn't care for this place, there are plenty of hostels in Madrid that are better all around. The staff was slow, rude, and not helpful for anything. They couldn't even give me advice for getting to the airport! The showers and bathrooms are terrible and dirty. The bed sheets on my bunk hadn't been changed before I arrived and I didn't see them change or clean the room at all the whole time I was there. I definitely would not stay here again

Thank you for leaving a review as it helps us to see what we need to work on. We are sorry that you did not find our staff helpful as usually people find our staff helpful and enjoyable. As for the airport, we offer a shuttle to the airport 24/7 for our clients. The bathrooms are cleaned every two hours so maybe you went in between cleanings. The beds should have been cleaned before you were able to check in so we will look into that. Again thank you and we will see what we can do.

Couldn't fault this place! Best atmosphere I have ever experienced as a solo traveller in a hostel. Activities and events always happening. The twins tapas tour, walking tour and Marco's first expedition to Toledo were all fantastic! Thanks for a great experience Cat's! I'll definitely be back!

Thank you so much for telling us how much you loved your stay and we are so happy that you were able to embark on Marco's first excursion to Toledo. We hope that if you get the chance to come back to Madrid that you can stay with us again!

The worst hostel ever. Rooms without a window, toilet not flash well and dirty, push shower- so annoying! If you plan to sleep don't go to this hotel, the bar is in the hostel and very loud. The common ereas is so hot, no air. The staff is really rode and not nice. I really don't like this hostel, don't know what al the Bazz is about.

Thank you for your comments as they help us to grow and better ourselves, we are sorry that your stay here was not perfect. As for the rooms without a window, we do have some rooms with windows but unfortunately we can't make many alterations to the building as it's a historical landmark as it was formerly a palace. The common areas are air-conditioned and we are sorry you found the place loud as we ask all of our clients to respect others. Thank you and we will see what we can do to improve.

Probably the worst bathroom of my entire European trip. Staff was cool and the bar is sweet, but bad bed and pretty terrible shower/bathroom

We are sorry that you did not have a perfect stay here with us at Cat's. As for your complaint about the bathrooms, they are cleaned every two hours so maybe you caught them at the end of a shift before they had been cleaned. We will look into what we can do to make them better, so thank you for your helpful comments. We are glad that you enjoyed hanging out with our staff and that you liked the bar as well. Hopefully if you return to Madrid you can stay with us, and see improvements we make.

This was one of the best hostels I've stayed in ever. I don't know whether it was the general vibe of the hostel, the people I met, or the location, but cats hostel made my stay in Madrid very exciting and easy. I met some super cool people and really enjoyed the pub crawl! Also the showers are very clean and so are the bedrooms.

Great hostel ! Would not hesitate too stay there again ! The walking tour was also really good !! Really friendly atmosphere !

• 19th Jun 2014

Just a one night stop over but I lived the feel of the hostel. Left my iPod on the bed by accident when we left and I guess someone took it but...I can't blame the hostel for that. The internet is good and lockers are provided. The only thing tht could make it better is fans in the rooms as they got quite hot at night.

Really enjoyed the free walking your with Erika and the pub crawl with Jose from Mad City Pub Crawl! Overall, hostel had a fun atmosphere but if you are looking for a quiet place to rest after a long day of sightseeing, don't stay here. A good place for young people to meet each other.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4