Living Lounge Hostel Reviews

Rua do Crucifixo 116 2nd floor, Lisbon, Portugal

Can't fault you on friendliness, cleanliness and central location. However we were given a room which was the scene of a murder - not very funny. Also no wardrobe or chest of drawers for clothes, just one chair. This room was particularly noisy, with insensitive people coming and going all night - more could be done to encourage communal consideration. The room was very light all night, due to external 'security' lights, so dark curtains would be better. No soap and broken handle in bathroom.

• 31st Jan 2014
  • Couple, 41+

everything was nice with Living loung. especially all the staff was very freindly and helpful. however i think this hostel need to improve just little things. 1. Some door rocks were not working well at shower booth. 2. I hope the shower head move flexibly, so that i can take a shower more comfortable. 3. I wish various entertainment needs that more asian can involved in. (maybe it is not your problem) except for those things, i was satisfied with all day in Living lounge. wish to visit again

• 24th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

Everything was excellent!! The only thing that we thought should have been mentioned was that every night there was a party going on in the hostel's living room. The problem was that our room was on the same floor as the party and we really had troubles to sleep because it felt like people were having the party in our room. So if you are not the "every night party" tourists then you should book a room in the second floor.

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Switzerland

Really enjoyed our stay for two nights in a double room. The rooms were decorated beautifully. The beds were comfortable and the room had everything we needed. We didn't have a problem with sharing the bathroom with others. Breakfast was crowded but we went back to our room for a bit and came back later and then it was manageable. One of the toilets on our floor was broken which meant that about six double rooms only had one toilet to use (I think) but that was the only slight inconvenience

This is literally a great hostel. I think what makes this hostel special is its location and its staff. It is located really close to the city center, the Baixa/Chiado metro station (from this station you can reach anywhere you want) and the Rossio Square. The staff is extremely helpful, they answered all of our questions in a kind way and they even helped us about where to dine and have fun. Finally, as a suggestion, visitors should definitely take a look at their city guide document.

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • Turkey

The staff as always very nice, very patiently and I thank you for all the help they provide to all tourists who visit Lisbon.and of course back soon! regards, Javier Calderon

I could't use wifi in my room with my iPhone 5. At night around 1-2AM the garbage truck came around the street and i always woke up.

I very much enjoyed my stay in Living Lounge Hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful, the atmosphere and decor were charmingly eclectic, and you couldn't ask for a better location. The only thing that I would fix is to provide guest towels.

This is an amazing hostel. I have stayed in over 30 hostels in my years of travelling and this is the best one i have ever stayed at. All the facilities were virtually new. 3 course meals are a must. The staff are amazing and have some amazing advice and the common room is nicely decked out. Nothing to complain about! To the staff and owners keep up the amazing work :)

It was a wonderful stay!! Thanks for all your effort and warmth! New year´s eve was just amazing!!!

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Spain

Almost things are nice except for cigarette smoke by other guests in the lounge. They smoked all night and smoke permeate the room. I was annoyed by that all night...

• 30th Dec 2013
  • South Korea

I had a second lovely stay. Antonio, the chef, is as nice as I remembered. Meals are really good and everything is clean and well designed. 4 years later, still happy !

This hostel is just perfect ... Very well located, clean, cheap, the cook/tour guide is amazing... Etc i Will definitely come back!

• 26th Dec 2013
  • Morocco

The staff at the hostel is very friendly, and the location is perfectly close to downtown/metro station. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean. Cozy atmosphere, the chef-in-residence Antonio even teached us a bit of Portuguese cooking! We are definitely coming back!

Very friendly staff, smashing hostel, brilliant location.

Very nice place and stuff. Location could not be better. Best hostel I have stayed up to now - excellent!

• 13th Dec 2013

Awesome stay. Great location, great staff... I really like my stay. Pancake for breakfast = yummy !! The trip to sintra is also worth it :)

• 13th Dec 2013

A safe, comfortable, and lovely home-away-from-home. A wonderful staff, nice breakfast, and ideal location for the weary traveler.

• 9th Dec 2013

Simply the best Hostel I have ever stayed in, anywhere in the world.

• 7th Dec 2013

Really enjoyed my trip to Lisbon and of course my stay at Living Loung Hostel. Great place and top location! Dinners in offered at this hostel and their other are highly recommended as a great opportunity to meet other travellers and of course the chefs. Enjoy a great meal with company!