Living Lounge Hostel Reviews

Rua do Crucifixo 116 2nd floor, Lisbon, Portugal

After a hard day I arrived at Living Lounge greeted with a smile and a warm welcome. This is by far the best hostel I have been to. They have so many great little quirks and the facilities are beautiful. Love love loved it! Thank you to the Living Lounge team for making my stay in Portugal something to remember. Xo

It was my third time in the Living Lounge Hostel. I think it's the best option in Lisbon. Breakfast is excellent and the dinner was fantastic and definitely worth the price I paid. Rooms and bathrooms are really good and very clean. Staff is friendly and helpful. The location is fantastic! There is no lift until you reach the second floor so this might be a problem if you carry heavy lugagge. Oh, and I just love the decor of the lounge and the rooms. Will surely recommend it to my friends.

I wish I could rate this hostel higher. Hands down the best hostel we have stayed at. Staff were all excellent. Rooms were clean and comfortable. A chef makes you a 3 course meal every night for $10! Can't go wrong.

• 19th Dec 2014

Book here! A friend and I stayed here for two nights. We loved the included breakfast, comfortable common spaces, and friendly staff. We joined the nightly dinner by Miguel one night and had a great time. We also did the recommended walking tour. Both were great. We have both traveled extensively in Europe the past five months, and this was our best hostel experience. My only possible suggestion would be to update the mattresses.

• 19th Dec 2014

No complaints and lots of kudos for this great hostel in the middle of Lisbon's busy neighborhoods. The staff was incredibly helpful and happy to offer advice and friendly conversation. If and when I am back in Lisbon, I will stay here again!

• 17th Dec 2014

Loved the warm welcome by front desk staff and also assistance with my heavy pack after long journey. Enjoyed breakfast, internet computers, as well as everything very clean. My disappointment was with so much street noise of banging metal/trucks/etc throughout the night. Very difficult to sleep. I also was in room next to laundry which was in action all night long and disturbing to my rest. Seems the staff was washing all night. Tough on light sleepers. Please notify of metro strike.

The hostel was very clean and beautifully decorated as if it had been a boutique hotel. It is located only 1 block from a metro station and within walking distance from key sites. All the staff members were friendly and helpful, kindly allowing me to use many of their facilities before check-in and after check-out.

Really lovely hostel with really lovely staff. Beautifully designed and decorated, especially the common areas and a brilliant kitchen! Was great to be able to finally cook our own meals, and the pancakes for breakfast were a real bonus. Thanks so much :)

Beautiful hostel with very comfortable atmosphere. In a great location and I really enjoyed my stay

The living lounge staff were welcoming as ever, and despite me leaving early were able to lay out a breakfast for me and even boiled the kettle ready. Such service, the pristinely clean bathrooms and kitchen I would associate with good hotels. Well done to the management and team. The only thing that slightly detracts from the venue is the noise of AC units on adjoining buildings all night long even in December. However highly recommended.

Excellent hostel with helpful and friendly staff. Location is ideal downtown without being noisy. Also walking distance from caise de sodre. Miguel also makes a great dinner. I would definitely stay there next time I visit this wonderful city.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Great Location. Clean rooms and helpful efficient staff. Will definitely stay here again if I am ever back in Lisbon

• 28th Nov 2014
  • India

Best hostel I've never been! Very friendly staff. Super experience was the walking tour of the city center and fado music tour with Simonetta.

• 27th Nov 2014

We all thank you for the beautiful days we spent in your hostel.

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Slovenia
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The staff was friendly and helpful. The pancake breakfast was such a nice way to start the day!

Hostel is located in central area, staff is really helpful all the time! The hostel also provide city tour, or tour to nearby cities! I felt like home when I stayed with them. Highly recommended!!

The staff is just amazing! They helped me in everything I needed and also made me feel home. I strongly recommend the hostel. 😀

• 22nd Nov 2014

One of the nicest hostels I have ever been! Very friendly stuff and very clean. The rooms are all uniquely decorated - feels like being home. Almost every night you can order a home-cooked meal for small money. Miguel is really a very good cook! CU soon "Lining Lounge"!

Absolutely lovely place to stay. The people who work here are gems. Best regards to Valder and his pal Pedro in particular. The dinners are delicious. Can't say enough good things

Great hostel!