Living Lounge Hostel Reviews

Rua do Crucifixo 116 2nd floor, Lisbon, Portugal

I love this place spoooo much my first hostel in my friend set the bar high peeps are super nice and friendly and love rooms so spacious love it

Very good hostel, i ll recommend it to my friends

This was a great hostel located perfectly for accessing all kinds of public transportation. We went on the Sintra tour and it was a great value. The hostel also hosts dinners that are great deals and a great way to meet people before going out. You can easily walk to Pink Street and Bairro Alto for nightlife.

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff is incredibly nice and helpful. The facilities are extremely clean (the showers are fantastic with amazing pressure). There is a in-house chef at the hostel that prepares a meal each night which you can opt into for 10 euros (and it includes wine). A great crew of travelers too (younger crowd). Grab some beers before you go out for 1.5 euros. Daylife, nightlife, transit, is all right there.

Best hostel I stayed in during my Europe trip. The staff is extremely friendly, there are themed lounge areas on each floor and themed rooms. The beds are comfy and the lockers are large and accessible. Lisbon was my first city traveling alone and I was so scared that I wouldn't know how to make new friends! The atmosphere is very accepting and dinner was great!

Great personable stay at this charming hostel. I loved the single room with shared bath I stayed in. The rooms all had charming personalized decoration. Shared breakfast was reasonably good as well.

Amazing hostel, super clean with great security. I don't usually bother writing reviews, but this hostel was so exceptional I needed to share it. Great breakfast provided, with yummy pancakes! Warm atmosphere as well with great staff. I also recommend joining the sintra tour, which covered so many cool landmarks, and is a must go for all travellers there. Definitely the best hostel I've been in Europe. Living lounge is the place to stay in Lisbon!!!

• 6th May 2014
  • Singapore

The hostel was very clean and accomodating. The breakfast's were a bit unfortunate as we had thought that it would be a traditional english breakfast every morning, however found that it was usually cereal and nutella served in the morning. Simply said, this is a great place to stay if you just need a place to crash and would like to meet some interesting people. One fact that i did not like, is that the staff had advised that we were freely able to drink on the streets, when that was untrue.

• 4th May 2014

An exceptional hostel. Stylish, well run, great location and very clean. Great facilities and staff. I stayed with my partner in a double room and my only criticisms are that the beds (two twins) were quite small and there was insufficient hanging places for clothes (only two hooks on the wall). Good value evening meal (all you can eat basically and plenty of wine) which was good way to meet other travellers. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

• 4th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Fantastic place. The rooms are clean, the bathrooms spotless and the staff very friendly and helpful. Only negative was noise - would have been great if silence in the corridors was encouraged after midnight-ish. A plus was the organised in-house dinner - a great way to meet new people particularly if travelling alone. Will be back next time I'm in Lisbon!

This was the best experience I've ever had at a hostel! The staff was immediately welcoming, and assured me that by my second night I would feel like "part of the family". And they were right! Dinner every night was the most delicious authentic Portuguese food for less than half of what I would pay at a restaurant (not to mention unlimited wine included!) and the people I met were all so friendly and so fun. The location was perfect, right near the train station and the river.

• 1st May 2014

This hostel was great! Breakfast simple but lovely. We went on the walking tour (3 hours) and totally worth it. Subway super close and a wonderful chocolate store next door.

• 26th Apr 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed at,the location is perfect right in the city and a metro station very close by

• 26th Apr 2014

This hostel was in a great location. Staff were helpful, but you had to go to them rather than them offering advice. The family dinners were great - and even at £10pp were such good value. There is so much food and wine!! We had a double room, and it was clean and comfortable. The double glazed windows are great, as you can hear nothing from outside. Also the bathrooms are so nice.

The service attitude of staff is really excellent!!! :)) I will recommend my friends live there. ;))

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

Desk staff were very friendly and helpful, all facilities were clean and functional, nicely decorated common spaces, good (better than average hostel) breakfast and dinner on offer.

The best place, no doubts, I'll be back as soon as posible

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Uruguay

My most favourite hostel ever. I love how the rooms are painted in themes and neat little touches like sockets inside the room lockers so your valuables can charge and be safe at the same time. There was even a chef making pancakes at breakfast time! Yum! The breakfast juices and jams were quite special with flavours like peach, tuttifruti, strawberry.. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Staff was very friendly and the pancakes were delicious! There was een very unpleasant smell in the luggage room, luckily it was only the luggage room!

• 16th Apr 2014

I only have the tiniest of complaints - they offer a dinner each night that I signed up for but then at 8:30 (whilst waiting) it did not happen. No one notified me that it was off. No mind. I made due. The location is superb. The staff were very helpful. Facilities were great and clean. Would be my first choice to stay at again in Lisbon.