Living Lounge Hostel Reviews

Rua do Crucifixo 116 2nd floor, Lisbon, Portugal

The staff are super helpful, the location is great, they provide good value meals. The New Years Eve party this year was awesome. They create an atmosphere where it is easy to make friends.

• 30th Dec 2014

I loved having a private room. I wish more hostels gave the option for this. Living Lounge has truly succeeded in creating a space where the people staying are truly GUESTS. A great job they have done.

It's a bit more expensive but very clean, incredibly central and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We were there over New Year's eve and had a good time. I know Lisbon very well because I studied there and have been to this hostel for the second time because I think it's fantastic value for money.

Very good location, their staffs are very kind!!! It will be better if there is the curtain around the bed for privacy. I booked the new year's eve dinner there, but they invited the guys from the other hostel to join us, unfortunately, it turned to be too crowded, not worthy the 15 euros I spent on it...

Just perfect

• 29th Dec 2014

The room and shower room are clean. The staff are service-minded. The location is very good, close to shopping street and rossio train station which you can take train to Sintra. I also like cupboard and with a plug inside, this is very cool!! You can make your devices ready for the next day.

Best Hostel I´ve ever stayed in! Delicious meal every evening for only 10€! Would recommend it for everyone!!

Great hostel! Clean, friendly staff and fun atmosphere.

I had a fantastic stay at Living Kounge and highly recommend it! Great tours- Take the Sintra trip and Graffiti walking tour- and wonderful people, staff and visitors. The only things which could be improved in our twin room were the lighting and a small rail or shelving to put some clothes.

Very good value for money. Good free breakfast (flakes, coffee, juice, bread, crepes made by staff, cheese). Additional bar where booze is always available 24h. Good internet connection. Helpful staff. 99% of days there is 3 course dinner menu prepared by hostel cook which costs 10€.

After a hard day I arrived at Living Lounge greeted with a smile and a warm welcome. This is by far the best hostel I have been to. They have so many great little quirks and the facilities are beautiful. Love love loved it! Thank you to the Living Lounge team for making my stay in Portugal something to remember. Xo

It was my third time in the Living Lounge Hostel. I think it's the best option in Lisbon. Breakfast is excellent and the dinner was fantastic and definitely worth the price I paid. Rooms and bathrooms are really good and very clean. Staff is friendly and helpful. The location is fantastic! There is no lift until you reach the second floor so this might be a problem if you carry heavy lugagge. Oh, and I just love the decor of the lounge and the rooms. Will surely recommend it to my friends.

I wish I could rate this hostel higher. Hands down the best hostel we have stayed at. Staff were all excellent. Rooms were clean and comfortable. A chef makes you a 3 course meal every night for $10! Can't go wrong.

• 19th Dec 2014

Book here! A friend and I stayed here for two nights. We loved the included breakfast, comfortable common spaces, and friendly staff. We joined the nightly dinner by Miguel one night and had a great time. We also did the recommended walking tour. Both were great. We have both traveled extensively in Europe the past five months, and this was our best hostel experience. My only possible suggestion would be to update the mattresses.

• 19th Dec 2014

No complaints and lots of kudos for this great hostel in the middle of Lisbon's busy neighborhoods. The staff was incredibly helpful and happy to offer advice and friendly conversation. If and when I am back in Lisbon, I will stay here again!

• 17th Dec 2014

Loved the warm welcome by front desk staff and also assistance with my heavy pack after long journey. Enjoyed breakfast, internet computers, as well as everything very clean. My disappointment was with so much street noise of banging metal/trucks/etc throughout the night. Very difficult to sleep. I also was in room next to laundry which was in action all night long and disturbing to my rest. Seems the staff was washing all night. Tough on light sleepers. Please notify of metro strike.

The hostel was very clean and beautifully decorated as if it had been a boutique hotel. It is located only 1 block from a metro station and within walking distance from key sites. All the staff members were friendly and helpful, kindly allowing me to use many of their facilities before check-in and after check-out.

Really lovely hostel with really lovely staff. Beautifully designed and decorated, especially the common areas and a brilliant kitchen! Was great to be able to finally cook our own meals, and the pancakes for breakfast were a real bonus. Thanks so much :)

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. My only qualm was that I would have been like to have been let to drink in the communal area for a bit longer each night, maybe you can't please an Irish person in that sense. Balanced friendly and professional staff. The three course dinner they offer is so worth it if you are on a budget and everything is absolutely spotless. We were able to walk everywhere we needed to go because the location was so perfect.

Beautiful hostel with very comfortable atmosphere. In a great location and I really enjoyed my stay