Living Lounge Hostel Reviews

Rua do Crucifixo 116 2nd floor, Lisbon, Portugal

There is no better place for a hostel in Lisbon, the metro is just next door and you are right in the center close to everything. Staff is amazing, really enjoyed the dinner made by Chef Miguel. A special thanks to Inês and hope to see you soon ...

Amazing place, especially given the cost. Great atmosphere, staff were unbelievably helpful and friendly.

Very nice place in a well located spot.

Great hostel! Staff was very friendly, loved that they had a bar, and the dinners (if you could reserve a spot) were great! Met some very nice people and would definitely come bacK!

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Highly recommended.. a great place to stay.

• 26th Apr 2015

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! The nightly 10 euro dinners were fantastic and a great opportunity to meet other travelers as I was travelling solo. They also do a hot breakfast (eggs or pancakes) every morning which were amazing. The hostel has a whole range of tours and info available for things to do and see in and around Lisbon. The beds were more comfortable than the one I have at home and the rooms are really clean.

Right in the centre, next door to metro, 100m from Rossio. Rooms and bathrooms are nice, new and very clean. Even nice details like a socket inside your locker (not that you’d actually need it, though)! Staff is very nice and helpful, too. Kitchen/lounge room is a beautiful open space; breakfast is very good + they make fresh pancakes every day! Don’t miss Miguel’s fantastic dinner: 3 courses of pure deliciousness!! Best hostel ever, would chose it over a 3-4 star hotel anytime! Thanks a lot,

Awesome hotel! Right downtown in Baixa Chiado and is a perfect location for anything in Lisbon. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful and there is always something going on whether its cocktails, different tours of the city, pub crawls and home cooked meals. The included breakfast is pretty standard cereal and toast, but they also have crepes which is nice. Rooms are nice and each painted with a theme, beds are a little uncomfy in my opinion. Also there are not enough bathrooms.

I loved staying there. I wish the breakfast had a little more fruit with it and the airconditioning in my room didn't work (room 310) but these were not at all large issues and did not really impact the quality of my stay at all. Loved it.

• 22nd Apr 2015

everything was perfect.... many hugs from Annette to Miguel the chef cook for the 3-cours menu... i'll coming back.

• 21st Apr 2015

Many stairs, elevator only for luggage

We really loved that place. The Hostel is nicely decorated and has a couple of common areas. Staff was very welcoming and amazingly friendly. The shared bathrooms were neat and our room even had a little balcony. Overall a great place to connect with other travelers and the local staff. Thumbs up!

Fantastic hostel! Great location. The breakfast was really good. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends.

This is a place where we feel at home, well located in the center of Lisbon, comfortable and clean. The rooms as well as the common places are originally decorated too. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We appreciated our stay very much!

• 19th Apr 2015

I loved this hostel! Excellent place and staff. The metro station is 20 meters from the hostel and you had all near, center and the high zone to have dinner or drinks. Lockers inside the room with power suply. Nice modern/art deco lounge and good kitchen. I arrived late so I miss to reserve to dinne the menu of the hostel´s cheff! I loved this place! Greetings from Argentina

One of the world's great hostel's very new feel to it minutes from Rossio square, substantial free breakfast. A couple of improvements I would like to see are more secure metal lockers the underbed wooden lockers had holes drilled in them for wires the holes were big enough that someone could fish outside valuables through them and more single use bathrooms. There were 2 single use and 2 communal bathrooms on each floors but it was impossible to get a single use bathroom between 9.30 and 11am

Great environment, great location, super friendly, and delicious breakfast. Had a very enjoyable time and it was super clean!

The people who run the place are excellent hosts. The cook is an artist and the place is intersting to vistit. Thanks for the excellent and helpful stay at a place that is more likely to host much younger peple than we are. We enjoyed the company of thoughtful young people.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

I loved this hostel overall. The only complaint I had was that the walls were very thin and and the floors wooden, so you heard ever person who walked down the hall at night. I would think that just buying some basic rugs for the hallways would help with this problem a lot. Also, on my third night at 3:00am there were some incredibly loud guests that woke everyone up including staff. Again, an issue of thin walls. Maybe have a sign that says please keep noise down after midnight?

great hostel, nice staff, fresh-made pancake breakfast, it's totally worth the money. Each dorm bed has their own charger and big locker, plenty of toilets and bathrooms to use.