Living Lounge Hostel Reviews

Rua do Crucifixo 116 2nd floor, Lisbon, Portugal

The hostel was very clean and accomodating. The breakfast's were a bit unfortunate as we had thought that it would be a traditional english breakfast every morning, however found that it was usually cereal and nutella served in the morning. Simply said, this is a great place to stay if you just need a place to crash and would like to meet some interesting people. One fact that i did not like, is that the staff had advised that we were freely able to drink on the streets, when that was untrue.

• 4th May 2014

An exceptional hostel. Stylish, well run, great location and very clean. Great facilities and staff. I stayed with my partner in a double room and my only criticisms are that the beds (two twins) were quite small and there was insufficient hanging places for clothes (only two hooks on the wall). Good value evening meal (all you can eat basically and plenty of wine) which was good way to meet other travellers. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

• 4th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Fantastic place. The rooms are clean, the bathrooms spotless and the staff very friendly and helpful. Only negative was noise - would have been great if silence in the corridors was encouraged after midnight-ish. A plus was the organised in-house dinner - a great way to meet new people particularly if travelling alone. Will be back next time I'm in Lisbon!

This was the best experience I've ever had at a hostel! The staff was immediately welcoming, and assured me that by my second night I would feel like "part of the family". And they were right! Dinner every night was the most delicious authentic Portuguese food for less than half of what I would pay at a restaurant (not to mention unlimited wine included!) and the people I met were all so friendly and so fun. The location was perfect, right near the train station and the river.

• 1st May 2014

This hostel was great! Breakfast simple but lovely. We went on the walking tour (3 hours) and totally worth it. Subway super close and a wonderful chocolate store next door.

• 26th Apr 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed at,the location is perfect right in the city and a metro station very close by

• 26th Apr 2014

This hostel was in a great location. Staff were helpful, but you had to go to them rather than them offering advice. The family dinners were great - and even at £10pp were such good value. There is so much food and wine!! We had a double room, and it was clean and comfortable. The double glazed windows are great, as you can hear nothing from outside. Also the bathrooms are so nice.

The service attitude of staff is really excellent!!! :)) I will recommend my friends live there. ;))

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

Desk staff were very friendly and helpful, all facilities were clean and functional, nicely decorated common spaces, good (better than average hostel) breakfast and dinner on offer.

The best place, no doubts, I'll be back as soon as posible

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Uruguay

My most favourite hostel ever. I love how the rooms are painted in themes and neat little touches like sockets inside the room lockers so your valuables can charge and be safe at the same time. There was even a chef making pancakes at breakfast time! Yum! The breakfast juices and jams were quite special with flavours like peach, tuttifruti, strawberry.. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Staff was very friendly and the pancakes were delicious! There was een very unpleasant smell in the luggage room, luckily it was only the luggage room!

• 16th Apr 2014

I only have the tiniest of complaints - they offer a dinner each night that I signed up for but then at 8:30 (whilst waiting) it did not happen. No one notified me that it was off. No mind. I made due. The location is superb. The staff were very helpful. Facilities were great and clean. Would be my first choice to stay at again in Lisbon.

The hostel staff were very lovely and English was very good. We enjoyed the comfortable beds and decor in our room. The internet signal was not very strong in our rooms, so it was hard to use. Crepes for breakfast was great. Bathroom showers were always clogged however, so not very nice to shower. Shower stalls had no-where to put toiletries. Overall a great experience!

• 13th Apr 2014

Very accommodating staff we arrived with 4 bikes and needed secure indoor storage -- no problem. We also wanted to store our excess baggage during our 5 week bike tour, and again no problem.

• 10th Apr 2014

Probably the best hostel I'll ever stay in. The Living Lounge Hostel has raised the bar to such heights that there are no peers to endanger its status. Keep up the good work guys, although I do pity the other hostels I'll visit from now on...

Other than quite run-down beds in our room, the place was very nice.

One of the best hostels we ever stayed in. Great atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff, lots of offers what to do in Lisbon and lots of good tips. Very special: the rooms, each having a "theme" which I really thought is a unique place to stay in. Also, the dinner you can book is very good an very special in a nice atmosphere with the other guests

• 4th Apr 2014

it's an amazing hostel with very helpful staff. WE are all very satisfied with our stay.

Great place, just be prepared for a lot of steps.