Living Mad Hostel Reviews

C/ Cabeza 24, Madrid, Madrid, Spain

The rooms are just too small. I could barely breathe.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Poland

Unfriendly security guard at night!

Staff were not very helpful, waited at counter for too long most of the time, was told breakfast was till 10:30 but was actually 10:00. Beds were filthy, I swear they didn't look at them or even clean them before we came. Walking tour got cancelled for me and my friend because there were more people that spoke Spanish and he didn't want to translate. Find somewhere else to stay. Oh and common room was always packed with groups.

Op de kamers was het wel wat aan de warme kant, qua ontbijt misten we de borden. Verder lekkere cornflakes en ook de jus dórange en ananas sap heerlijk. Als tip wil ik meegeven dat op de trappen iets dempends komt, stukke tapijt vijvoorbeeld. Little hot in the room, a bit loudy in hotel. Breakfast without plates. Otherwise: good location, very friendly and helpfull staf, super !

• 29th Mar 2014

The kitchen is a mess

Took a long time to get to room and room got robbed

Empty welcome, better places to stay for less.

We booked a female dorm but when we wanted to go to bed at night, there was a guy laying in one of the beds. In the following night, there was another guy, so we went down to reception and got some money back...

Hello, We are sorry about the mix-up in the rooms. As you saw, the reception desk is always willing to fix any problems that may arise. We are glad that you got the issue sorted out. As always, we hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

The staff were very bad, someone needs to train them. And the room didn't have heater, it was like a refrigerator.

We are very sorry to hear that your experience was not up to standard as we take great care in ensuring all of our staff are highly trained. At Cat's every room has a heater and it is possible to inform reception if the room is too cold. They are happy to accommodate all guests and change the temperature. There are also blankets that are available for use. Please accept our deepest apologies for the problems with your stay.

We had a very nice stay at Living Mad. Facilities are really good, rooms are clean, and you have free wifi and free breakfast. Location is very good as well, helpful staff. I'd definitely stay there again.

The stairs being made of steel make a lot of noise. SInce all rooms are to the central patio the sound propagates a lot making it to noisy. We suggest to change it to other material. Everything else was great. Thank you

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The best part about his hostel is the location. You have the main center of Madrid only a few minutes away. The facilities were good, the rooms and bathrooms felt cramped but it gets the job done. The beds are unnecessarily noisy though, one tiny movements wakes up everyone in the room. They say they have nightlife activities, but they don't follow through. I was there on the weekend, but not once did they do their planned "activities." There is no social atmosphere because of it.

- staff were pretty rude on numerous occasions. - noise travels quite badly. hard to sleep at night. - good location and facilities.

The common areas are great. Lots of couchs, TV, computers. Easy to talk to people. The staff is also great. On the other hand, the bathroom is one of the worst I've been. Little privacy and no space where to put your clothes and belongings. Water stream close to wall. I've seen no indication about the gender and I had to guess. The really low point of the hostel is the bedroom: extremely small and VERY smelly. I couldn't sleep there. Also, the lockers suck, but I managed to learn how to use it.

the staff is really nice!!!

• 14th Dec 2013
  • Mexico

I love the locker and electronic key system. It worked perfectly and I did not worry at all about my belongings.

• 17th Nov 2013
  • gobills03

Good hostel, I'd probably stay again. Decent location near metro, but if you're willing to walk you can reach a lot of places from here. The lock system was kind of annoying at first but not really too much of a problem.

Great except that communal kitchen a bit small for the number of people who need to use it & that was at a quiet time (November). Had constant difficulties with the room door locks. Hold card at handle till green light comes on, push, twist one way if handle faces this way; other way handle faces opposite way or is it twist/push. I had to find someone to open the door for me; most often having to visit reception each time. No it wasn't just me. The thought of it puts me off going back. Shame...

Great place in the heart of Madrid with awesome stuff and cool hostel activities! Loved that! But it could have been cleaner (the floor in the room and showers were really dirty). Thanks! Hasta luego ;-)