Living Mad Hostel

Fabulous 3596 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 3596 Total Reviews

2nd May 2017

Amazing location, great breakfast and good value for money.

• Hong Kong, Male, 25-30
30th Apr 2017

I really love this hostel and staying here definitely made my trip in Madrid a memorable one. The staff showed hospitality to travelers. I was treated with a beer when I was checking in. Highly recommended!

Thank you very much for your nice comments! Next time you come over, the treat will be 2 beers for coming back :) All the best for you

22nd Apr 2017

A simple hostel that is worth its value! It has a nice rooftop bar as well as a common area. There are multiple social events held everyday. The beds were comfortable and bedding was provided. I loved the neighboring area (Lavapiès and La Latina) - it is quiet and beautiful while at the same time not far from the city center.

Hello! Thank you so much for your feedback and for your nice review! Lavapies is definitaley the place to be... keeping authentic despite the increasing tourism we are getting in Madrid. Hope you can come back soon

21st Apr 2017
7.4

i stayed in a 4 bedroom dorm. This dorm is extremely small for 4 people, It is desperately uncomfortable.

Hi there, Sorry that you were not confortable in the 4 bed dorm... We do have bigger dorms, did you speak to us about it in reception? This is easy to solve, you just have to come down to see us at the front desk :) Hope it doesn't turn you off to come back another time. Kind regards

• Belgium, Male, 25-30
21st Apr 2017

Nice Hostel, Great people, Great prices at the bar, Big Sangria or big Beer for only 3 EUR!!

Hello!!! Sooo good that you enjoyed our bar and the hostel! Many many thanks for your review and for stying with us! hope to see you again :)

18th Apr 2017
6.9

It was an ok place to spend a couple of nights, but I wouldn't spend more. It wasn't very clean and the bathrooms leave much to be desired. The room was also quite small and the bunks, especially the top bunks seriously lacked privacy. One girl sleeping in my dorm room woke up one morning with a bunch of bites, most likely a spider, but that made me question the cleanliness. That and a large group of French school kids that were quite noisy brought the rating down.

Hi there, Thank you for rating us, we appreciate you taking the time. About the french kids, totally agree with you that is nos very convenient for a backpacker atmosphere and we are determined to change our groups policy to avoid this. Regarding cleanliness, it's actually never the issue in our hostels (noise, sometimes, cleanliness, not really)... Being a shared space, once the clening team leave it's hard to control when people make a mess and we are not told at reception. We try hard to keep the place clean and hygienic...sorry if you didn't find it that way, but we will keep working hard on that :)

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
18th Apr 2017

Good security for rooms but getting the key to work was frustrating and didn't always work. No back headrest on the beds or on sides so things charging could easily fall down. For the price it was fine.

Hello! Thank you for your feedback...I appreciate your oppinion about the headrests, it help us improve our facilities...We will make sure we have them as soon as possible! Maybe when you come back you find them ready :) I hope you enjoyed your stay in Madrid Kind regards

14th Apr 2017

I only stayed there for one night, but I had such a blast. The Hostel was very clean. I was very impressed on how nice it look for what I paid for. The rooms were great and the lockers were provided with opening with cards. That was the only thing I didn't like. I was having a little difficult time with the keys lol. Maybe it was just me but I would definitely go again. It was walking distance to the train station, which was nice.

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! Next time you should stay longer ;) All the best

12th Apr 2017

Loved it here. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The lockers were big enough to store all my belongings and very secure. The showers were a good size and the bathroom was always clean. It was close to everything. You could walk to all the major sites very easily.

Hello!! Thank you so much for your super nice feedback! Hope to see you back here some day

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
11th Apr 2017
8.0

We stayed at this hostel for one night and didn't realize that "age restriction" meant that grouos of young teenagers (with supervision) were allowed. The kids were really loud until late in the common area. The location was good, it was clean, and the happy hour drinks were a great price. But the rooftop bar wasn't open. Staff was nice. I just wouldn't stay here again because they allowed kids.

Hello there! Thanks for your feedback... Sorry that the group of teenagers annoyed you, we have them some times during low season but we don't allow underage groups over the summer... Hope you can come back to check it out without the teenagers! The rooftop bar is now open and will be until october! So please, do come back Kind regards and thank you