Living Mad Hostel Reviews

C/ Cabeza 24, Madrid, Spain

Clean, safe and in a great location. The rooftop bar is advertised a lot, so it was a bit disappointing that it wasn't actually open at all this time of the year. The rooftop terrace was nice though without the bar as well. Also 5 euros for a towel rent is a bit much especially when you find yourself standing in the shower with a towel that is not properly cleaned. Got a new one by asking. The shared dorm for six was quite small, but the beds were nice and had power outlets by all the beds.

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Finland

The shower room is too small! There are no area for place the things!!!!! Otherwise is okay

I really liked this place for two main reasons. It is located in an interesting area of Madrid Lavapies where you can find people from all the cultures. Inside the hostal the convivence with all the other foreigners is really amazing, especially if you are backpacking. It is close from Pthing laza Mayor and Sol. The only I will change is the key security system due to the problems must of the time some people have trying to open their own rooms and lockers.

Hello, sometimes the key security system is a bit tricky but our staff is always more than happy to help you opening the door and locker any time of the day as our reception is open 24 hours. Apart from that we can see that you had great time! We hope you come back to stay with us again.

Hostel was pretty good, but a few small things annoyed me, the showers were difficult to stand straight in without turning off the tap and the beds were very small. Great location though

Hello, we are glad to read that you enjoy your time with us! Sorry to hear that you find our beds small, we have a room with a double bed maybe in your next stay you would like to book that one. We will bare in mind your comment about the showers for the next time that we refurbish the bathrooms.

A group of girls and I stayed the weekend here, during one of our weekends off from Study Abroad. 6 of us stayed in a 6bed dorm room. It was nice and clean, and the beds were really comfy. Each of us had a good sized storage locker that we could put our backpacks in while venturing out for the day. The staff was really helpful when we asked for directions or a recommendation for where to go out/eat. We met some great people here, highly recommend it!

Yuhu!!!!!!! Thank ou for everything, girls. Have a great life!

Had a great time --- meet the love of my life!

• 1st Jan 2015

happy to hear that you found your lovely love here!!! Who was him? Greeeat!

Definitely not a party hostel. If you're looking to have a good time in Madrid (nightlife wise), I recommend staying at their sister hostel, Cat's. Kitchen was way too small for comfort, couches were alright but the rooms were REALLY cramped. Showers were hot, but the bathrooms were always dirty. Probably wouldn't stay here again, but like I said their other hostel is fantastic.

I was only there for one night but the staff there were nice, the facilities were good. The locks were complicated but when explained it wasn't too bad as long as you weren't carrying a massive load of things. At first when I arrived, after a long night on the train, i found that the staff weren't quick to respond, but then they allowed me early check in (10) so that i could sleep = so good. Very appreciative of that especially since it meant that I could have a nap then go check out the city.

Internet didn't work on 3º floor.

Nice stay!

Nice review! Short but true ;)

Very nice stay, I really enjoy that hostel. Well located, a good quality price choice!

BED BUGS! Apparently they knew about the bed bugs for several days and still booked people in those rooms. We were up almost all night washing our clothes. The receptionist was also quite rude

• 14th Nov 2014

Great location, and close to the sister hostel so you meet many people in a great social atmosphere. DO THE PUB CRAWL! Walking tour is great too, definitely recommend for the first day.

the hostel was OK but the keycard system was overcomplicated and annoying, any extra security it adds is outweighed by the fact that it prevents you from getting into your own room! Normal keys or cards would be soo much better, I cannot even imagine what you do if you are drunk trying to use the current keycard. Asides from that it was okay, the breakfast was good.

Yep, keys are a little bit tricky... Sorry for that. So safe that not even you could get in, as you said! It's incredible, but people usually have less problems when they're drunk than not. Hope you come back anyway and get drunk with us to try ;) Cheers!

The hostel was very cramped, and the beds were quite small. The kitchen as well was tiny, and usually had no space in the one sink. I always cook when travelling, but I didn't at this hostel. A good place to meet people though!

6 bed rooms are way too small.. and they have the same size of 2 bed rooms! Next time i will be more confortable booking a 2 bed room :)

Traveled Europe for two months and I can honestly say this is my favorite hostel. Super friendly staff, cheap clean rooms. Nice bathrooms. Fun dinners and activities offered. The best thing about it, though, is the atmosphere. Really nice common area filled with lots of cool travelers. I met people I would end up hanging out with before I even finished filling out the check in form! Definitely recommend!

Very friendly staff who spoke very good English. The hostel was so cheap but had all of the amenities you needed. My only complaint is that my room had a gasoline-like smell but after airing it out, it was fine.

Who put gasoline in your room??? We don't allow motorbikes sleeping in rooms! We transmit the staff comment to them. They love it! Thx!

Room was tiny and hot. Kitchen was similarly small. Other than that, all was well as friendly. Location is great. Lockers use an electronic key system so no outside lock use.

Sorry that the infrastructure didn't suit your standards... Temperature, anyway, can be set at the reception whenever you want. Glad anyway that you found the location and the staff friendly. Hope you can back and we can give u a better and bigger room. ;)

Great hostel, nice, clean, lots of activities, good location

Great and honest guest! :) Happy to hear you enjoyed ur time with us. Cheers!