Living Mad Hostel Reviews

C/ Cabeza 24, Madrid, Spain

Average on security because you don't a key to access the luggage storage. Just walk in and say "I'm gotta get my luggage". The staff did not go the extra mile to make you feel welcome, they just tell you the basics. I also had to add 3 € on top of the rate to get a towel which I did not expect from a hostel rated this high. Although I did not sleep there I'd recommend you go to OK Hostel Madrid instead which is just a five minute walk away from Living Mad and has such a nice atmosphere.

I stayed in a 4 beds room, but the room was so small that it feels claustrophobic. The corraladoes not helps to bring fresh air to the rooms. Besides, the beds make such a noise that it is impossible to turn on your own bed without disturbing your roommates. The bathroom is very very dirty, as well as the kitchen, and the staff not actually nice. It really needs much more cleaning. I would not stay there again.

If you are looking to party and meet people, I would suggest staying at Cat's (Mad's sister hostel down the street). Mad was more relaxed and laid back. It has a nice common room but no one interacted when I was there; it could have just been an off weekend.

Nothing great about the hostel, i would recommend it for young travellers who like to party. The kitchen is way too small for the amount of people the place actually holds. Wifi is bad, so we had to use the computer. Location is dodgy at night so be careful. The staff are nice though.

Thank you for a wonderful stay! I was not expecting the additional amenities (like the free walking tours, the hike, or the pub crawls!) You have now set a new standard for what living in hostels should be like!

• 17th Sep 2015

I really loveand recommend this hostel. Nice people, excellent localization, friendly staff, very good installations. The only thing that can be improved is to supply wifi in the rooms, but it ok in relation to the other benefits. A special thanks for Sergio, that was wonderful helping me with all the information and support that I need. Regards, Michele.

Perfect location, lovely and helpful staff, and the common areas were great for meeting and hanging out with other people. I didn't find the living facilities super comfortable. A lot of the rooms are tiny - mine had

Easy to make friends as a solo traveler and the walking tour was great!

Our stay here was great, the rooms were clean, the staff were very friendly and it had a great atmosphere! My only issue was the rooms were very crammed and the beds were uncomfortable but other then that we had a great stay.

One of the worst hostels I've stayed at in a long time. Extremely small rooms with lockers too close to the beds. Very loud due to internal courtyard which echoes. Showers have no room to get changed, just a cubicle with a door. Breakfast was ok, breads, cereals, juice, coffee, biscuits. Kitchen was very small and fridge overflowing.

not very clean at all, it would be if the tables were wiped down regularly but the cleaner was too busy wiping down the 'secondary' stairs. I was moved beds halway into my stay without being told so I wasted 2 hours having to line up at reception, re pack everything and move. the downstairs atmosphere was terrible. on the rooftop terrace however was a lot better, probably because it wasnt dirty. kitchen was also ill equipt. only redeemable part of my stay was meeting the people i did on the roof

Cool vibe, great tapas tour, the staff is super friendly. It's also in a great location to be able to walk around the city and see some major land marks.

Excellent location for exploring Madrid. Is the sister hostel to Cats so all their activities are combined; pub crawls, tapas tours, walking tours etc. Can definitely be a party hostel if you want, however the rooftop bar closes at a decent hour and everyone goes to Cats hostel so it's not noisy all night, if you do want to sleep. The alternate walking tour and tapas tours are awesome. Easy enough to meet people for solo travellers.

Had the best time at Mad! The staff are awesome and there's always something going on. Would definitely recommend the 11am walking tour and the Alternative tour, both were really cool. The rooftop was great for meeting people and had great sangria as well! Loved Madrid and this hostel Xx

Awesome hostel!! Great fun, brilliant staff and love the idea of the two hostel's bars (Mad & Cats) being available!

I had a private and and my stay was OK (average). I liked the tour with Carlos. I liked the price and that they had a private room available. For AC, you have to request that the reception turn it on, which I thought could improve since I would rather have control over it. Not a big deal. For the private, you still have to walk to the common shower area. I was on the first floor and it could get loud as there are people hanging around and walking in and out of their rooms.

Hi there, we have different types of rooms, including twin / double with private bathrooms.

The staff was pleasant and the hostel is in a convenient location close to the main train station and many attractions. The rooftop bar area is great but the atmosphere in the other common spaces is a little lacking. It is definitely a party hostel and the surrounding areas are pretty loud. So if you are looking to party it is a great place to be. If you are looking for a quiet place to relax it might not be the best option. The free breakfast is minimal but ok.

We had 2 nights here and thought it was pretty good value. It's in a good location near train stations and a shortish walk to the city centre. Downside was a lack of atmosphere, everyone sort of stuck to themselves. My bed was super squeaky as well but regardless still would recommend

Good value for money, showers without a room to change are annoying but bearable for a few nights! Really great location

The staff was really warm and welcoming. We especially enjoyed our time on the terrace! Wasim (bartender) was super friendly and made us feel welcome. Dani was also awesome and made some delicious paella and quesadillas for us! Our trip wouldn't have been as enjoyable without them. Also, they have affordable massages available for when you're hungover or exhausted from a day of sightseeing. ;)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6