Living Mad Hostel Reviews

C/ Cabeza 24, Madrid, Spain

A group of girls and I stayed the weekend here, during one of our weekends off from Study Abroad. 6 of us stayed in a 6bed dorm room. It was nice and clean, and the beds were really comfy. Each of us had a good sized storage locker that we could put our backpacks in while venturing out for the day. The staff was really helpful when we asked for directions or a recommendation for where to go out/eat. We met some great people here, highly recommend it!

Yuhu!!!!!!! Thank ou for everything, girls. Have a great life!

Had a great time --- meet the love of my life!

• 1st Jan 2015

happy to hear that you found your lovely love here!!! Who was him? Greeeat!

Definitely not a party hostel. If you're looking to have a good time in Madrid (nightlife wise), I recommend staying at their sister hostel, Cat's. Kitchen was way too small for comfort, couches were alright but the rooms were REALLY cramped. Showers were hot, but the bathrooms were always dirty. Probably wouldn't stay here again, but like I said their other hostel is fantastic.

I was only there for one night but the staff there were nice, the facilities were good. The locks were complicated but when explained it wasn't too bad as long as you weren't carrying a massive load of things. At first when I arrived, after a long night on the train, i found that the staff weren't quick to respond, but then they allowed me early check in (10) so that i could sleep = so good. Very appreciative of that especially since it meant that I could have a nap then go check out the city.

Internet didn't work on 3º floor.

Nice stay!

Nice review! Short but true ;)

Very nice stay, I really enjoy that hostel. Well located, a good quality price choice!

BED BUGS! Apparently they knew about the bed bugs for several days and still booked people in those rooms. We were up almost all night washing our clothes. The receptionist was also quite rude

• 14th Nov 2014

Great location, and close to the sister hostel so you meet many people in a great social atmosphere. DO THE PUB CRAWL! Walking tour is great too, definitely recommend for the first day.

the hostel was OK but the keycard system was overcomplicated and annoying, any extra security it adds is outweighed by the fact that it prevents you from getting into your own room! Normal keys or cards would be soo much better, I cannot even imagine what you do if you are drunk trying to use the current keycard. Asides from that it was okay, the breakfast was good.

Yep, keys are a little bit tricky... Sorry for that. So safe that not even you could get in, as you said! It's incredible, but people usually have less problems when they're drunk than not. Hope you come back anyway and get drunk with us to try ;) Cheers!

The hostel was very cramped, and the beds were quite small. The kitchen as well was tiny, and usually had no space in the one sink. I always cook when travelling, but I didn't at this hostel. A good place to meet people though!

6 bed rooms are way too small.. and they have the same size of 2 bed rooms! Next time i will be more confortable booking a 2 bed room :)

Traveled Europe for two months and I can honestly say this is my favorite hostel. Super friendly staff, cheap clean rooms. Nice bathrooms. Fun dinners and activities offered. The best thing about it, though, is the atmosphere. Really nice common area filled with lots of cool travelers. I met people I would end up hanging out with before I even finished filling out the check in form! Definitely recommend!

Very friendly staff who spoke very good English. The hostel was so cheap but had all of the amenities you needed. My only complaint is that my room had a gasoline-like smell but after airing it out, it was fine.

Who put gasoline in your room??? We don't allow motorbikes sleeping in rooms! We transmit the staff comment to them. They love it! Thx!

Room was tiny and hot. Kitchen was similarly small. Other than that, all was well as friendly. Location is great. Lockers use an electronic key system so no outside lock use.

Sorry that the infrastructure didn't suit your standards... Temperature, anyway, can be set at the reception whenever you want. Glad anyway that you found the location and the staff friendly. Hope you can back and we can give u a better and bigger room. ;)

Great hostel, nice, clean, lots of activities, good location

Great and honest guest! :) Happy to hear you enjoyed ur time with us. Cheers!

A nice hostel. A bit noisy at night, okay breakfast, small rooms. But a very friendly staff, very clean, central location, cheap laundry service.

The hostel is nice and it's in a perfect location, near everything. The rooms are a bit small and very hot and the kitchen is not that big.

• 6th Oct 2014

The rooms are small and crowded, but apart from this, everything was fine. Absolutely recommended, just for 14€/night breakfast included (on friday). Good luck!

Good position, but that's about it. No natural light in the lounge/bar or the TINY TINY bedrooms (at least the one I stayed in). Guests were having to step on each other's bags to get into bed; one Power point for the whole room. Showers had nowhere to put your clothes/ towel unless you're happy to get them wet. Tiny kitchen for huge amount of people. No byo drinks, have to use their bar, or go on their expensive pub crawl. A bit of a money grab this one.