Living Mad Hostel Reviews

C/ Cabeza 24, Madrid, Spain

Good hostel to stay for a night or two, located in a very great neighborhood of Madrid and very easy to find. The vibe is pretty boring, but it is clean and comfortable... You might want to bring an extra sheet or hotter PJ since it can get pretty cold with the air conditionning. Great stay overall :)

• 11th Jul 2014

Kitchen was small compared to size of the hostel, rooms were very noisy and warm, drinks were over price happy was only in bat down stairs not on roof terrace, key system was ridiculous.. Good lockers in rooms, staff helpful and friendly, bathrooms clean, free breakfast always a bonus :)

I really enjoyed my stay at the mad hostel. Rooms are small and hot! But air conditioning works well. The rooftop bar is the perfect place to relax and meet other travellers. Cheap drinks as well. Staff are friendly. The bar at its sister hostel cats just around the corner is more lively at night time and a great place to hang out before the pub crawl. Vivianos walking tour was a great way to see the city! Highly recommend

Living Mad was the perfect place to stay on my last night in Spain. There was a karaoke night and pub crawl hosted by a nearby sister hostel that was amazing. Sara the receptionist at Living Mad were very helpful and kind (AND spoke English very well). The watch things to open the door were a little confusing as first, but many of the other guests at Living Mad will help you to figure it out quickly.. Close enough to the bars to find your way home, far enough to sleep once you get there.

Pretty good hostel, nothing spectucalar. Showers were a disappointment as it was a push button which lasted for a few seconds and the water was scorching hot! The location was really good few minute walk to the metro. Would stay here again if the price is right.

Clean hostel, good location with plenty of activities available. The free walking tour was great however the recommendation for lunch afterwards was terrible.

Excellent!

• Spain

Nice hostel in a good location, close to some of the major tourist sites. However, It was very noisy during the night with people talking loudly in other rooms and common areas.

• 27th Jun 2014

I love this hostel! Location is fantastic and you can meet so many nice people at the Bars or joining its activities: free city tour, drinking games, pubcrawls.. I joined their trip to Toledo and Marco The guide was fantastic! I really recommend this hostel! Thanks Marco and staff!

• Spain

Good location, Good wifi and good hostel Only négative point you cant bring alcool or you Will be fine, you pay more at their bar

It was my first time in Spain and i was able to meet great people thanks to the staff and the wonderful rooftop bar!!! the cleanest hostel ive ever been in!

The Hostel is very well located to do the main touristic stuff, to buy food (supermarket or restaurants) and to take the metro. It is clean enough and the staff is not the most helpful sometimes (it depends on who you ask something).

Great hostel. Erica's walking tour was great, and Jose's and Hector's pub crawls are really fun. The bedrooms are cramped and can get stuffy, but the common area is really great. The main negative is the obnoxious key system, but that wouldn't necessarily keep me from staying here again.

Great location, nice pubcrawls at night, staff is really fun

There was hair all over our pillows and all over our bed when we checked in, as well as a large clump of hair hanging out in the middle of the room. We got locked out of our room at one point during our stay, and the woman on staff who was supposed to help us first threw a temper tantrum like a child about having to walk up a flight of stairs.

• 6th Jun 2014

Location +,animator staff great guys. Rooms quite cramped though. what I totally dislike is when hostels try to create all this laid back, casual etc atmosphere, but are all like any strict corporate, moneymaking thing: not allowed to bring own drinks as they sell own expensive, pub crawl with 12 euro fee&pubs turn out to be superexpensive clubs, only discount is a shot. Real ripoff considering there's places where a pint is 2 Euro. Also, I think I've caught bugs. Rather go to smaller place.

Everything was pretty good, but the beds move way to much when you move.

Good location, nice vibe. Rooms are tiny and stuffy and the facilities aren't great. Don't stay here if you're expecting the nicest place ever, but it was clean and central and good for a night or two!

The staff was really nice. The location of the hostel was really good and the hostel was really clean. I enjoyed my stayed a lot

We are so glad that your found our staff and the hostel to your liking and we hope that you will return so that you can stay with us again here at Mad!

- Doors / Lockers- are difficult to get into (Key Card Access, with weird turn / twist blah) , but once you get the knack to them they're OK. - Bedrooms - cramped, sweaty and dark, making it one of the worst hostel dorms I've stayed in. - Bathrooms - opposite side on my floor, also, hooks for the clothes / towels are on the opposite side and the storing clothes etc, generally ill equipped. Although, the water pressure and temp is excellent. - Hostel is in an ideal location.

We are glad that you managed to get the hang of the doors/lockers, we have staff that are always willing to help you learn if you need assistance. We are sorry that you did not find the rooms to your liking, we will take your comments into account to see what we can do in order to make future visits even better! We are also in love with the location of our hostel. We hope that if you find yourself in Madrid again you will return to us here at Mad!