Living Mad Hostel Reviews

C/ Cabeza 24, Madrid, Spain

The air conditioning unit in room 221 (I think) drips water like crazy, and the lock on locker 2 in the same room doesn't work with the keycard

No wifi connection to our room, so that was kind of annoying, but otherwise pretty good hostel, great crew and good atmosphere.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Chile

This hostel was a great way to hang out and meet new people. It's more low key than the company's other hostel, Cat, but the two work closely together so it was easy to have the party and low key experience. The tours were really fun and interesting and a great way to meet other travelers, especially the tapas tour! The staff went above and beyond to help make sure we were having a good time. I would definitely recommend this hostel to a friend.

The staff was great! The rooms were clean but small.. Bathrooms could've been cleaner but it wasn't awful. Great atmosphere, very easy to meet people and the tapas tour was awesome!

• 25th Jun 2015

Nice hostel, and the events are connected with another hostel nearby so there are many people to meet and fun things to do.

The receptionists was really friendly but one that seamed a bit rude and stupid. The ostel is great as well as the position is fantastic (you don't need to get metro or bus bucause all is near to the ostel). The style, the design, the furniture isn't really good but there are some comfortable sofas on the zero floor and also a huge and nice terrace on the roof where you can relax yourself and easily meet people. However rooms are really small!! 6 squared metres for 4 bed are really few!!

Rad place with a great rooftop terrace with bar and food nightly. Rooms are a little tight and double check bathrooms before going into the wrong one. Great spot though

This hostel is cleaned and functional, but quite big and a bit impersonal. The bar closes too early. The staff was really friendly.

• 17th Jun 2015

It was a short stay, but I realized that is a nice hostel to stay longer .

Excelent lockers and the hall is great! Everything cool!

Great for meeting people (Huge lobby, rooftop terrace, pub crawls). Perfect central location. Can easily walk to the museums, squares (puerto del Sol, mayoral), retiro. Cons: lot's of children running around and staying at the hostel. very noisey at night until 2 am every night.people sit outside talking and in the common areas on each floor. If you're into socializing and a nightlife this is probably the place for you.

An average hostel, but to a "Hostelworld Recommendation" I was expecting a better one. In general, the hostel is good, just dont have all best facilities I was expected. Good breakfast included.

it was nice place , cheap , good breakfast , good wifi

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Egypt

Feels like a college dorm, but that's what I had expected

The breakfast was good, the staff were always willing to chat and answer my vast variety of questions, and it was conveniently located. The walking tour offered by the hostel was good and my guide, Carlos, had some interesting stories.

Great place, will be good over summer also as rooms have aircon. Impressive building

The staff at this hostel were amazing and so helpful when my friend had a slight medical emergency. After we got back and she was okay, the staff were genuinely happy and relieved. The hostel itself was pretty good. The beds were really squished into the dorm and the WiFi was in and out in the room, but besides those aspects there is nothing to complain about!

plenty of bathrooms and showers. don't depend on the calendars they have hanging everywhere bc they're 'outdated'. room was small but you got a light, locker, and several sockets per person. cute and clean area, nice rooftop to chill. decent prices. low for staff bc I had to wait several times for them, like when I needed to check out to catch a flight or trying to check in.

The only negative thing was that my locker in the room stopped locking with my key card. They tried probably 3 or 4 times with a bunch of different keys over almost 2 hours and never actually got it to work. I know it was out of their control, it was just a bit frustrating and I felt a little uneasy leaving my bag with all of my valuables in a locker that didn't actually lock. With a normal key, I don't think that would've happened. Aside from that, everything else about the hostel is great!

Place was OK. Really rickety beds, felt every movement the other person below us made. Rooftop was nice. But closes at 23:00, and most of spain doesn't even get out until 22:00. It was cheap, but clean enough and showers were hot.

« first « Prev 1 2 3