Living Mad Hostel Reviews

C/ Cabeza 24, Madrid, Spain

Great hostel! Staff very helpfull and very kind! Would stay there again definitely. Bathrooms very clean and in perfect aspects!

• 31st Jan 2016

Good place

The staff were lovely and welcoming, helped us with our departure to the airport by calling a shuttle for us last minute, our room was a little bit difficult to get into but i guess that could be a positive, haha, however we could not get wifi in our room but maybe because it was on the 3rd floor, the room was clean, tidy and had lots of sockets for appliances etc. The bathroom was a good size with hot shower, overall we have good stay at mad hostel, I would not hesitate to stay again.

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • lizhardman0228

The lady at the front desk was extremely rude and our room was directly above the bar which continued to play loud music late into the night. And there was no kitchen.

• 13th Jan 2016

Hi there, I'm very surprised to read your comments, as all the reviews praise our staff , saying that they are very friendly and helpfull. We have kitchen at Mad Hostel and in our bar loud music is not played. Unfortunately the day of your arrival we had maintenance work in the hostel, therefore with plenty of time we sent you an email advising that your booking would be moved to our sister hostel, Cats. We sent you all the details about Cats so you could check it and decide if you agree to this change or if you prefer to cancel. As you didn't cancel we understood that you were happy to stay at Cats, which is a party hostel and has no kitchen, all of this is very clear stated in our website.

Very beautiful lounge/living room. Nice free breaksfast. Good free lockers right beside your bed. The option of leaving the luggage after check out was great to enjoy one last tourism afternoon.

The hostel is located at a small alley. Staffs are not really friendly and keep talking in Spanish with me even I asked them in English. The key card is one of the stupidest/useless card I have used before.

The beds were very close together in the rooms, but the location of the hostel was amazing.

Excellent location close to the main things. It's also very secure, you need a key to enter almost every part of the hostel, and there's also lockers in the bedrooms. The Hostel is nice, but to much noisy. Spent 3 nights there and was really hard so sleep, because of the noise of the other rooms. People were talking and laughing loud all the time, even if it was 2, 3 or 4 am and no one from the staff cares about it. No wi-fi in the bedroom (I've stayed in the 6 beds dormitory).

Hi there, we are very sorry to hear that while you stayed with us couldn't sleep very well. We have a security guy that together with our night receptionist ensure that the hostel is quiet during the night. I will investigate what happened those days. We have wifi in all the hostel and rooms, did you informed reception that you couldn't use the wifi in your room? Regards

It's a nice hostel with good location. There is no any problems with security and staff is professional. I traveled along and booked this hostel because its atmosphere but in reallity it was boring. They have big and nice place downstairs but nothing happens there:-( I was upset a little bit because of it. I was in December and it was quite cold during the night so take you warm pajama:-) And one more thing. There is a hot shower there but water from the tap was very cold:-(

Hi there, reading your review I realised that you are talking about Cat's Hostel instead of Mad Hostel. Anyway, in Cat's Cave we have events such us karaoke, live concerts. During the winter time they are not everyday of the week. If you come back in summer you will be able to enjoy all the events in the Cave and our lovely rooftop bar at Mad Hostel. See you soon!

It was a fun stay. Lockers were a good size and really convenient. I feel like it got a little cold in the rooms but nothing an extra jersey can't handle. It was located so well that we wasted euros buying metro tickets.

• 27th Nov 2015

Hi there! Did you ask at reception to switch on the heating in your room?

The wifi didnt work in the private room

Hello, wifi works around all the hostel, sorry that it didn't work that day, did you inform reception that it wasn´t working?

An OK hostel for the money. An interesting concept of somewhat weird key card + knob combo that I haven't met before (not very easy to open the door single-handedly if you're drunk :)). Beds were not really comfortable (at least not the top bunks), and the rooms are pretty much just for sleeping and leaving your baggage. The deposit includes a free locker in a room that opens with the same key card, though, which is very convenient.

First expericne living in a hostel and I most say It was quite cool. good vibe in the reception always with mood music and friendly staff. Great location, easy access to everywhere (public transport , restaurants, shops, supermarkets (3-5 mints walking), tourist points (10-15mints walking) Free breakfast and free wifi it's a good place to stay while you are in Madrid. I'd stay there again.

• 11th Nov 2015
  • Costa Rica

Amazing staff! Location was 5min walk from the metro and 15min from Grande villa. All amenities were good except the awkward door locks. Best plus 24h bar.

• 10th Nov 2015

I stayed just one night, so hard to comment on the atmosphere in a hostel for such a short stay, the lockers were good, but I did wake up with bite marks on my arm so be weary. I had spent two days previous staying in a gym hall so bites could have come from there. I would still not stay there again just to be safe.

I really liked this place! Free breakfast was standard. I like their couches in the common room. The door knob is difficult haha but I eventually got it. No one else in my room did. I love the rooftop! Saw a really good sunset out of it!

Fine location but my room had a strang smell and a pool or water under the bed. The people seemed fine but no one was very welcoming. It seemed like most people there were working in London vs just passing through as a traveler.

Good location close to metro and most bars and clubs. Very clean. Big lockers and kitchen. A/C works fine. Wifi sucked. Common area sucked because the atmosphere was not great. Rooms real small and not easy to get sleep because it's so loud. You can hear everything in the rooms because the windows don't face outside, they face a common open space in the middle and you hear every word and every step people make. I guess if you have earplugs that's ok.

• 28th Oct 2015

Stayed here one night. Good for what it was but the only bad part/thing was the key cards. Maybe if I was there longer i would have adjusted but I thought the key card and little black knobs they had made it difficult to open and close doors

Stayed in a private room with 2 twin beds. It was a good location and value. PROs: free breakfast, kitchen area was fine, the bar in the lobby was fairly priced and convenient, towels were included, some social atmosphere but not overwhelming, location was close to Plaza Mayor and 2 metro stops. CONs: room got very warm, the open area did get loud sometimes, the rooftop bar was open but not staffed (probably because we were there in late October) so you could sit up there but not order a drink.

Hi there, did you ask at reception to switch on your aircon? During summer time our rooftop bar is open, the rest of the year you can always order at rececption and take it to the rooftop. Looking forward to welcome you next summer ! :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4