Living Mad Hostel Reviews

C/ Cabeza 24, Madrid, Spain

The location is good, the rooms all clean and the Pub Crawl and Tapas Tour were really worth it. The staff was friendly and helpful. However, the beds were unsteady and made annoying noises with every little move, and the breakfast was a bit one-sided (only sweet, no cheese or fruits) and produced much plastic waste (normal dishes would be more environmentally friendly). All in all, it is a nice hostel for less money.

great hostel . greAt atmosphere. I wish I could spend more time here. I only had one night here. I had a stop over day flight . if you go by yourself it would be easily to meet people. they have a schedule With many things to do. it's very close to the center. you can walk by and suddenly you'll be knowing the touristic things . love the area. good wifi good breakfast included ! clean and secure.

One of the best hostels that I stayed at during my trip. Perfect location, great atmosphere, tons of events, organized walking tours, decent breakfast, and friendly staff - all for a fair price! I would definitely recommend staying here.

This hostel had everything we needed but the rooms were incredibly small. The atmosphere here was very chilled but it was nice that we were welcomed at their lively sister hostel Cats. The staff was good, activities were fun, and best of all the Hiking day trip with Drew was absolutely amazing! Drew is an awesome guy and made our trip. Make sure you dont miss out on his walking tour as well.

This is a good hostel - easy to meet people, great rooftop terrace bar and very friendly staff. The kitchen could do with being a little bigger and slightly better stocked but that's my only gripe. I'd highly recommend this hostel to anyone, whether you want to chill out or party until the early hours!

Hello , thanks for your tip about the kitchen, we will check and replenish what is missing.

I only wish the wifi worked in the rooms, great hostel nonetheless!!!!

Hello, our wifi works both in the common areas and in all the rooms, did you informed reception about this issue? Apart from that is great that you had a good time! :)

The hostel is well maintained and very clean. The rooms were tiny but the lockers were a good size. We enjoyed the walking tour with Carlos and also went on a graffiti tour. Breakfast is free but all sugary cereal and toast, so if that's what your into, it's worth getting up for. Otherwise there were cafés/supermarkets near by. The AC was nice to have on for a bit but too cold if it was on all night bc it there were no adjustments in temperature possible.

Hello, in regards to the air conditioned you can ask reception to have it set up just for a few hours during the night.

Great location and value for money. The hostel is very social and runs activities daily which helps you meet new people everyday. Cheap food and drinks. Very friendly place, would definitely recommend. Carlos' free walking tour was fun. Only downsides were the very cramped rooms and weak air conditioning.

Hello, for the next time we have bigger rooms if you felt yours was small. Did you ask reception for a change or rooms if your air conditioned wasn't working properly?

The rooms were small but it worked. I was disappointed by the lack of staff at the desk, causing long lines at check in and check out. Having to ask the staff to turn on AC was inconvenient. My AC stopped working, which was not good in the Madrid heat. Overall my stay was good and I would go back. The walking tour and events were great.

Hello, our reception is open 24hours, therefore I'm very surprise to read your coments, our receptionist probably was helping a guest, even though I will investigate what happened.

The hostel has a safe and nice environment, the bathroom and showers were immaculately clean, all day long. Breakfast was good too.

Air conditioning was advertised but wasn't working. Rooms were very small. Pub crawl was fun however

Hello, we have air conditioned in all our rooms, if it wasn´t working in your room, did you ask reception to be changed?

The hostel was really great! It had a fun atmosphere and you meet a lot of other travelers. They have walking tours all the time and even other activities through the week. I was there for paella night, and it was good!!! They are relatively close to most attractions and very close to the metro. The rooms are normal,nothing too big or too small. Just good for what they are used for.... Sleep! The showers are great as well as the roof top terrace bar. Thanks guys!

Was a fairly average hostel. Met the requirements. Nice to have breakfast and air conditioning :-)

I stayed here for a week, and loved it, they have lots of activities through the week, many of which were run by Alvaro who was an excellent tour guide in Toledo, and the various free tours in the city, as well as a really cool alternative tour by Drew with the street art. Even when I was pickpoceted while out in the city (obviously not their fault) they helped to try and get it sorted. this is the chilled of the 2 sister hostels, but if you want to party its a 2 min walk around the corner and y

Excellent location in the centre of Madrid. Lots of people coming and going and great rooftop bar upstairs. The common room downstairs lacks a little bit of atmosphere though possibly because of the number of people coming through. Breakfast was good and was very clean hostel. Only qualm I have was with the rooms where the packed too many bunks in, and with people coming and going it could be hard to sleep. Overall a nice hostel and good value for money

Hello, we have smaller dormitories that you can book your next time ;)

in the center of partytown. the breakfast is quite bad, that's the only bad thing about this hostel

Hello, sorry to read that you didn´t enjoy our free buffet breakfast, it has loads of variety, coffee, orange juice, tea, milk, cola cao, cereals, toast with mermelade and butter or chocolate spread, pastries etc and the feedback that we get on it is very positive.

Rooms were clean. Air conditioning was working fine and location was fantastic.

Staff were super friendly. Air con broken in the room. Room was tiny. Sleep quality not great due to no air con.

Hello, apolgies that you air con wasn´t broken, did you ask reception to be changed to another room?

Bathroom not so clean, and confusing if unisex or not. If you're in Madrid to get wasted, this is your place. If not, look elsewhere.

Hi there, our bathrooms are female and male with sings on the doors, did you look on the doors? Our housekeeping team is always on top of the cleanliness of the bathrooms, cleaning and revising them, sorry that you might have use them after guests that maybe wasn´t very respectful.

Very comfortable hostel with an exceptionally friendly staff. Special thanks to the Italian girl in reception, the Scottish guy and Dani, who was really impressive to watch. He handled the high volume of customers (and their questions) with grace, and remained friendly the whole time. I also loved the rooftop Paella- it was delicious! Shoutout to America guy who made it (can't remember his name). And also to Wasim, the hilarious bartender. Would def stay here again.