Living Mad Hostel Reviews

C/ Cabeza 24, Madrid, Spain

not very clean at all, it would be if the tables were wiped down regularly but the cleaner was too busy wiping down the 'secondary' stairs. I was moved beds halway into my stay without being told so I wasted 2 hours having to line up at reception, re pack everything and move. the downstairs atmosphere was terrible. on the rooftop terrace however was a lot better, probably because it wasnt dirty. kitchen was also ill equipt. only redeemable part of my stay was meeting the people i did on the roof

Cool vibe, great tapas tour, the staff is super friendly. It's also in a great location to be able to walk around the city and see some major land marks.

Excellent location for exploring Madrid. Is the sister hostel to Cats so all their activities are combined; pub crawls, tapas tours, walking tours etc. Can definitely be a party hostel if you want, however the rooftop bar closes at a decent hour and everyone goes to Cats hostel so it's not noisy all night, if you do want to sleep. The alternate walking tour and tapas tours are awesome. Easy enough to meet people for solo travellers.

Had the best time at Mad! The staff are awesome and there's always something going on. Would definitely recommend the 11am walking tour and the Alternative tour, both were really cool. The rooftop was great for meeting people and had great sangria as well! Loved Madrid and this hostel Xx

Awesome hostel!! Great fun, brilliant staff and love the idea of the two hostel's bars (Mad & Cats) being available!

I had a private and and my stay was OK (average). I liked the tour with Carlos. I liked the price and that they had a private room available. For AC, you have to request that the reception turn it on, which I thought could improve since I would rather have control over it. Not a big deal. For the private, you still have to walk to the common shower area. I was on the first floor and it could get loud as there are people hanging around and walking in and out of their rooms.

Hi there, we have different types of rooms, including twin / double with private bathrooms.

The staff was pleasant and the hostel is in a convenient location close to the main train station and many attractions. The rooftop bar area is great but the atmosphere in the other common spaces is a little lacking. It is definitely a party hostel and the surrounding areas are pretty loud. So if you are looking to party it is a great place to be. If you are looking for a quiet place to relax it might not be the best option. The free breakfast is minimal but ok.

good location, clean rooms BUT--->i made everyday new reservation, stayed 11nghts. Once i made my new res online on HW (bcs after 1 week i felt like staff are kind of pushing you to pay more) and one staff literally scolded?! me about it. 2ndly, i met 1 guy in hostel and we wanted to make a new reservation in a 6bed dorm, receptionist said we have 2 pay more and stay in a 4bed dorm if we want to stay together bcs they dont have available 6bed dorm. Sameday, another staff made the res we wanted.

We had 2 nights here and thought it was pretty good value. It's in a good location near train stations and a shortish walk to the city centre. Downside was a lack of atmosphere, everyone sort of stuck to themselves. My bed was super squeaky as well but regardless still would recommend

Good value for money, showers without a room to change are annoying but bearable for a few nights! Really great location

The staff was really warm and welcoming. We especially enjoyed our time on the terrace! Wasim (bartender) was super friendly and made us feel welcome. Dani was also awesome and made some delicious paella and quesadillas for us! Our trip wouldn't have been as enjoyable without them. Also, they have affordable massages available for when you're hungover or exhausted from a day of sightseeing. ;)

This hostel is great for backpackers, the paella night is a great way to meet people from this and the Cat hostel, and people from all over the world. Would definitely come back here for the atmosphere again.

Very nice hostel, our stay was great, I definitely reccomend.

Absolutely loved my stay here. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful! Even to the extent that I had an early morning bus to catch and the night duty staff made note to wake me if I hadn't checked out by 6am. Exceptional free walking tours with great guides! Couldn't fault this hostel.

The location is perfect and I was really happy with the stuff too,everybody was helpful and also I cannot complain about the room either,they were nice and tidy,my absolute favorite was the rooftop and the bar good atmosphere ,totally recomennded!

• 14th Aug 2015