Livingstone Backpackers Reviews

559 Makambo Road, Livingstone, Livingstone, Zambia

It was fine although they should warn people about the power cuts, and mosquito nets will do. The WIFI was terrible , could not connect the entire time I was there . The staff is friendly and well mannered. The breakfast is good value for money. I met a lot of people and I had fun. Even though the beds were abit uncomfortable and I wasn't sure about the cleanliness of those blankets. But overall It wasn't bad at all.

Hostel was in a good location with a full kitchen, access to a market, fridge to store food, but with the option to order decently priced food - very convenient. Only drawbacks - bar plays music till 12 am and is right next to the bedrooms. We were happy until our last nnight when we had a guy placed in our all female dorm room without being asked first or even notified - really didn't appreciate that. Otherwise, staff were great and very helpful.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Fun and friendly staff. We also met lots of other travelers and plan to stay in touch with them. The only thing I wish they would invest in were better bunk beds in the dorms. They felt very rickety and I could feel the metal bars of the bed right through the mattress.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Ledningen utnyttjade sin fina personal och betalade dem skamligt dåligt. En man blev knivskuren av inbrottstjuvar när han arbetade som nattvakt när han beskyddade sin arbetsgivares datorer mm. Ingen hälsade på honom på sjukhuset från ledningen och han fick ingen ersättning för sina tre knivstick!!! Fruktansvärt dåligt. Hon kallas för Madam av de anställda och hon verkar strunta totalt i sina anställda. Sorgligt! Men älskade atmosfären och de vänliga anställda.

• 23rd May 2015
  • Sweden
  • Couple, 41+

Really friendly people and staff, extremely helpful. Great atmosphere. Stayed there again on my return to livingstone.

Loved it here. The staff made you feel so absolutely welcomed and all the other backpackers there were the quintessential travelers. Open to great conversations and wandering throughout the Livingstone area. Go here if you're in Livingstone!

Excellent place to meet people as atmosphere is warm & inviting with several events every week, a great pool and hang out area. Best of all the friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable staff. My time in Livingstone/Victoria Falls would not have been the same had I stayed elsewhere. Close to center of town/food/coffee with a free daily shuttle to the falls. Always interesting people in/out as premises are shared with an NGO doing terrific work in the community. You'd be foolish to not stay here.

Livingstone Backpackers was a great place to stay. The outdoor area was amazing and a great Friday night at the 'beach bar' with some fantastic fellow travellers

• 30th Apr 2015

Absolutely wonderful place! The staff were so helpful in everything, and the laundry service is great (surprisingly helpful for backpackers who aren't so good at hand washing) I would stay here again in a heartbeat :)

Super friendly staff that will help you with anything you need. Perfect location near town, and a lot og activities Thea can arrange for you. Outdoors cinema every monday, and a big, clean pool. I loved to Stay here!