Livingstone Backpackers Reviews

559 Makambo Road, Livingstone, Livingstone, Zambia

Beautiful gardens, friendly staff, good place to meet people. Jean Jacques

29 nov. 2014 Beautiful pool and gardens (large space). Excellent facilities. Staff number 1. I didn*t like, though, the adjacent private place. (probably, independant from the Livingstone Backpackers.) They hired many people to take care of the Hostel. Super! I was lucky because I had the whole dormitory for myself. (Maybe low season) So, I recommend this place. Excellent choice. Jean Jacques

Livingstone BP was a very nice place to stay also for a woman of my age (56☺). It was cosy, clean in na warm atmosphere with very kind people. I had a lovely two days! Love Hanneke

• 19th Nov 2014

Staff is friendly and location is ok. Showers and bathrooms are filthy. Shower head is clogged with so much mineral deposits that each water stream shoots in a different direction away from you in the shower. It costs maybe $3 to get a new showerhead. Also, I was bitten by MANY bedbugs. I know it wasn't mosquitoes because I used a mosquito net.

I would recommend putting soap in the shared bathroom sinks. Also, the rooms got very hot and the one fan does not oscillate, so it is still quite hot. There are not enough mosquito nets for all of the beds (4pax dorm). The person checking us out did not have my hostelworld.com payment receipt, therefore I had to dig it up myself on my email. Even then, when I said we owed an additional $17.50 each after the deposit had been paid, he asked us to pay $18 just because it was more convenient.

I had an absolute blast at the livingstone backpackers. Never met more welcoming staff, the room was perfect (although a little hot in October!) and everyone I met there was really cool. Even had the football on TV! Highly recommended.

Staff was awesome! The place was really nice, with a good vibe... I'll definitely recommend it!!

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

Compares well with Jollyboys where we have stayed before. Haven't had to use the staff in either place to book activities so can't compare there.

We have just stayed at Livingstone backpackers for 8 nights. We have loved every minute of it, the staff were really helpful when booking trips and nothing was a problem. The food and drinks are good value and nice, the atmosphere was very chilled out and a perfect place to stay. Only little problem is the showers..they are quite difficult to get a normal temperature, it's either boiling hot or freezing cold. Apart from that, we have loved Livingstone Backpackers and would definitely stay again!

Some facilities didn't seem to be operating (such as the hot tub and rock wall- though I also didn't ask about them). Overall, a wonderful stay- I would definitely come back!

• 23rd Aug 2014

no mosquito nets? seriously- I put my repellant net I though most accommodations will have them. that manager is not nice at all what about the fact I booked an all female dorm and ended up sharing with men? Or the fact a 6 share room was beyond cramped- should have 4 beds so there is space for luggage or to get dressed? By far one of the worst hostels I have stayed in. The only thing that was good was the friendly junior staff

They helped us with so much! They had all the best recommendations and bookings. Great vibe. Very safe.

• 11th Jul 2014

The Double is bad value for the money.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Awesome hostel, really well equipped kitchen for travellers, big open spaces to chill out in the sun, comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, hot showers, great tours desk and easy to get to the falls.

We planned to sleep over one night but then we stayed there for seven nights. We liked the atmosphere and although there were lots of people it never felt overcrouded. David at the gate was always very helpful and we made lots of friends there.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • South Africa
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great place to stay in Livingstone! Nice rooms and definitely value for money. Walking distance to shopping centre and restaurants. Great pool and lounge area.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • South Africa

Manager is excellent.

• 12th Apr 2014

The staffs are friendly but their informations are not always correct. however this is nor serious problem.

I had a wonderful stay at Livingstone Backpackers. The staff are genuinely friendly and always smiling, the breakfast is simple but served fast, the pool area is good with lots of sunbeds and the whole hostel is just run really well.

Not so nice, everything was shabby. Looks and feels like no money is ever spent on improvements.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4