Livingstone Backpackers Reviews

559 Makambo Road, Livingstone, Livingstone, Zambia

Compares well with Jollyboys where we have stayed before. Haven't had to use the staff in either place to book activities so can't compare there.

We have just stayed at Livingstone backpackers for 8 nights. We have loved every minute of it, the staff were really helpful when booking trips and nothing was a problem. The food and drinks are good value and nice, the atmosphere was very chilled out and a perfect place to stay. Only little problem is the showers..they are quite difficult to get a normal temperature, it's either boiling hot or freezing cold. Apart from that, we have loved Livingstone Backpackers and would definitely stay again!

• 7th Sep 2014

Some facilities didn't seem to be operating (such as the hot tub and rock wall- though I also didn't ask about them). Overall, a wonderful stay- I would definitely come back!

• 23rd Aug 2014

no mosquito nets? seriously- I put my repellant net I though most accommodations will have them. that manager is not nice at all what about the fact I booked an all female dorm and ended up sharing with men? Or the fact a 6 share room was beyond cramped- should have 4 beds so there is space for luggage or to get dressed? By far one of the worst hostels I have stayed in. The only thing that was good was the friendly junior staff

They helped us with so much! They had all the best recommendations and bookings. Great vibe. Very safe.

• 11th Jul 2014

The Double is bad value for the money.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Awesome hostel, really well equipped kitchen for travellers, big open spaces to chill out in the sun, comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, hot showers, great tours desk and easy to get to the falls.

We planned to sleep over one night but then we stayed there for seven nights. We liked the atmosphere and although there were lots of people it never felt overcrouded. David at the gate was always very helpful and we made lots of friends there.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • South Africa
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great place to stay in Livingstone! Nice rooms and definitely value for money. Walking distance to shopping centre and restaurants. Great pool and lounge area.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • South Africa

Manager is excellent.

• 12th Apr 2014

The staffs are friendly but their informations are not always correct. however this is nor serious problem.

I had a wonderful stay at Livingstone Backpackers. The staff are genuinely friendly and always smiling, the breakfast is simple but served fast, the pool area is good with lots of sunbeds and the whole hostel is just run really well.

Not so nice, everything was shabby. Looks and feels like no money is ever spent on improvements.

Perfect hosts, we felt as though we were personally invited. Great food available around camp fire, peace and quiet and lovely atmosphere. So looking forward to passing through again in the near future. All in all, EXCELLENT!!!!

Best hostel in Livingstone with great "hostel feeling". Loved the pool and the mango tree. The breakfast takes some time to arrive, but it's really good. Also they can organise trips to the Devil's Pool for you as well as rafting at Zambezi River and other things.

- there are no mosquito nets on the windows. My room was full of mosquitos, I was bitten many times and could not sleep.

Overall stay was pretty disappointing. No water and no internet. Understand these things happen but not showering for 3 days isn't helpful to anyone. If the advertised services aren't provided the should provide a discount. Offered free bottled water after almost 3 days. The rooms are extremely hot, it seems that there aren't enough fans for the whole place even though it wasn't full. It was often difficult to get a drink from the bar as there didn't seem to be any staff working.

Nice atmosphere, very cosy

The main reasons that I felt the facilities were kinda average was beocz there are not lockers or cabinets to lock up your back packs and belongings. I had to carry my passport/cash and valuables on all the trips/excursions as a security measure. Nevertheless overall the hostel is situated in a centralised location to the town centre, cab parking lot, close proximity to souvenir hunters and most of all the staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

• 26th Jul 2013
  • India

I enjoyed the hostel atmosphere. I wish that the Internet was more reliable. It was difficult to get the vouchers. The hostel was very clean and had a great laid back vibe.

« first « Prev 1 2 3