LoLHostel Siracusa Reviews

via Francesco Crispi 92/96, Siracusa, Syracuse, Italy

We were here in the low season however at capacity the mood set by the decor and great layout would certainly provide a great social atmosphere for backpackers. The hostels facilities, in particular the kitchen were outstanding. It's located a fair walk from the centro historico but a string of breakfast bars/cafe's you'll find nearby.

Brilliant location, within walking distance of everything important. Very helpful and friendly staff and comfortable room. Kitchen was great with everything you needed and more. I would definitely recommend it.

Centrally located, very close to the train station and 10 minutes' walk from the old town. Maybe 20 minutes' walk or so from the archeological stuff. The guy at the reception was very helpful. Not the most awesome breakfast ever.

• 15th Nov 2015
  • Sweden

Hostel location is right next to train station and bus terminal, so it's really easy to find. Chris was very friendly and super helpful. Female dorm en suite was nice and cozy so we decided to stay for another day. Free breakfast offers tea and coffee, juice, milk and cereal, bread, biscuits and huge croissants. All in all we really enjoyed our stay in Lol hostel, so thanks Chris! Hope to visit Siracusa again! Ciaooo! WF & MH

The hostel is quiet close to the bus and trainstation. And also close to the historical site of the city. The stuff is friendly and helpfully. The rooms are not that clean. Specially the mattresses were dirty. Full with the hair from the guests before.

it was a little, weird accident. Somebody in ur room had a nap on bed assigned to you by mistake, before your (late) check in and after the end of the shift of the cleaning staff, not using the sheets and leaving lots of hair on the bed cover. Sorry about that but we can not know if this happens after the cleaning and nobody tells us. Let me add that it would be much better to tell the receptionist immediately than to complain later and that this should not involve the judgment on cleanliness

Very good place for travellers. Everything was allright !

• 25th Oct 2015

The private room was nice, the kitchen was good and the public space included a big courtyard. We supplemented breakfast with olives and fruit we bought at the market. The staff was helpful and friendly. There is a lot to do in this small city. We loved the hostel and the city. October is a good time to visit Sicily. I would allow at least 3 full days.

This is by far one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at so take not of that travellers. Great location, fantastic building, great staff and very well cleaned and maintained. Hope to stay again one day. Thanks for having me - SR

Great stay with some great people.

• 18th Oct 2015

Cheap place with all the necessary stuff for a confortable stance. Beware of the mosquitos thought,. The room may be full of them.

Great staff, very helpful and friendly. Very safe I like how they buzz you in through the door.

• 4th Oct 2015

My wife and I have enjoyed our stay very well. This is not the first time we have been here and I hope that my next stay if I stay at Syracuse will be at Lol Hostel.

The location of the hostel is perfect. It's close to the central station and not far from Ortigia island. It's clean both in dormitories and bathroom. The crew is nice. A great place to stay in Siracusa.

Stayed for 3 Nights. Was nice to get off of the train and only have to walk for 1 minute to get to the hostel. People were very helpful that worked there. 1 guy in particular but his name escapes me. All in all a very good hostel

One of the best hostels I've stayed in so far! Enjoyed the relaxed communal vibe and the large shared spaces to hang out in. The facilities are all in good condition and clean. Surprisingly, the breakfast was also pretty good! The staff were very helpful and fun to chat to to get local advice / perspective. Would definitely stay here again if I'm ever back in Siracusa!

• 15th Sep 2015
  • South Africa

Clean, nicely designed hostel with very friendly staff plus still warm cornetti for breakfast :-) in the most beautiful town of Italy

The hostel was nice, clean, safe etc. The location was very close to the train and bus stations, but it was a little far from Ortigia. The hostel was not super social, but that always varies with the travelers who are staying there at the time.

Great hostel with great staff (for the most part). Breakfast is too sparse & repetitive. The kitchen and patio are amazing. Pity that the computers didn't work well while we were there. The dorm we were in was too small for number of occupants. The bathroom lacked air (fan/exhaust), the shower cabin is too small, not enough hooks to place towels, nowhere to put soap/shampoo etc.) Given excessive heat, would have been nice to have sheets changed at least once. Lockers are a pain and too narrow.

• 4th Sep 2015

Nice rooms and great common area. Amazing kitchen. 5 minutes walk to bus station and 10 minutes to historic center. Towel was bad, like a napkin, but were free. Got there with a big luggage and no help from staff to go up The stairs. Also, you make your own bed. Good thing is that they give you a map and All city information on arrival. Just sweets for breakfast as in All italy. Not much going on, hostel doesn't promove any activities for guest integration. All minor issues.Definetly recommend!

Staff super nice, friendly and informative. I immediately felt like at home.When I checked in I was provided with tons of insider tips about where to eat, they turned out to be really good advices. Rooms and common areas are spotless! As a solo female traveler I felt extremely safe in this hostel and I wouldn't hesitate to suggest it to others backpackers