Lobo Inn Reviews

Km 230,5 Carretera Fedel Chedtuaml, Tulum, Mexico

We stayed in private room w ac. Very comfy bed, ac worked very well. Toilet is basically part of the room, so smells will travel around. Also, toilets door is seethrough, so not recommended for people who might be shy or just met each other. Breakfast was really very good, nice change from the usual grub and so nicely presented! Owners very friendly. Location is good, you can walk to beach or town in 20 minutes, but after dark have to take taxi, as no streetlights. Taxi from town 50 pesos.

Lobo Inn is the perfect place to stay in Tulum! It is close to the ruins and the beach and you can rent bikes for free there. The breakfast is amazing and the owners are friendly and give you really helpful advice what to do in and around Tulum. We stayed there twice, because you can get easily to the airport from Tulum, so we spent our last days there.

Awesome staff. Great breakfast and location (for the ruins and the public tight beach). Room we had was private (hardly). No air con, so get ready to sweat and the pool is empty. Waaaaaay over priced for what's on offer. Free bikes are epic.

This was my third stay at the Lobo this year. And I will be back next year. You can't go wrong with free breakfast and free bike. And Mr. Lobo fixed my broken reading glasses! What for can a traveler ask more? Thank you Mr. Lobo! By the way, they are in the middle of renovation. I am really looking forward to see the finished product next year. It will be beautiful. Highly recommend this hostel.

Nice hostel, walk to the beach, free bicycles to go to town. Good atmosphere

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • South Africa

Very close to the beach and Tulum ruins: about a 10 min walk or 2 minutes by bike (free bikes make transport very easy). Delicious breakfast (one of the best I have ever eaten in hostels), friendly atmosphere, clean room and extremely friendly, helpful and interesting owners/staff.

Just do not go there! Had booked a deluxe bed room with en-suite bath room and got this: - Mold in room - terrible stomach problems after breakfast from hostel - en-suite is a joke, you had the toilet in the same room - doors could have been easily broken up, everyone could get into that area - way to expensive for what they offer - staff did not even know when I had checked in, did not get my name right and thought I was someone else - it really felt as if I only was a cash cow/making tourist

Really made you feel at home! Breakfast every morning was so good and free bikes made transport so easy! Thank you Lobo Inn for a great stay x

Nice place with the best breakfast we've had at a hostel so far! Staff was friendly and the bikes were of great use! The AC in the dorm was a life saver! Missed some simple things like soap in the bathrooms, a nice relaxing area. But overall a really great place! Recomend a visit to the Grand cenote or playa Akumal for snorkeling with turtles!

Everything was superb except cleanliness.

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • South Korea

Awsome breakfast with a sweet or salty alternative every other day! Wifi was very good. Pretty close to the beach and town

Wonderful atmosphere, great bikes and delicious breakfast, coffee all the time, fantastic location, friendly helpful staff!

• 15th Mar 2015

Great location for going to see the Tulum ruins, it's just across the road and there is an ADO bus stop there too so its good for getting around. The place is a bit out of town but its good if you like it quiet and the hostel has free bike rental for getting around so its not a problem. The big draw is the people that run it, they are really nice and helpful with a very dry sense of humour..... very much to my taste. Great stay, would recommend

Highlights: Lobo - I got a very good vibe from him - almost like he was a protector (we were 2 girls traveling together). Lobo's wife (I think - I forget her name). Very friendly; we talked about her sons who love the drums and she made a DYNAMITE breakfast, really, off the chain! Free bikes to get to the beach, ruins & Tulum town itself. It wasn't the cleanest but Lobo said they are renovating & just recently took back over the property. Anyway, I slept fine. There are fans, no a/c. Good price!

This hostel is one of the best in he world and definitely The Best in Tulum area. If you want to learn some valuable lessons about customer service, come to Lobo and watch Cynthia (the owner) take care of her guests. She is always present and solving issues instantly with grace of her Mexican personality, charm and wit. And her breakfasts are worth more than you pay per night. I took pictures of them every morning. Yes, I highly recommend this hostel, and I will be back next year.

Great value - breakfast and bikes included. Nice location, near to the beach, and extremely friendly and helpful owners/staff. Highly recommend.

• 11th Feb 2015

First of all, I didn't expect anything fancy for the price, but to sleep in a dorm room entirely denied of windows is unimaginable. I could barely breathed during the night and hence got merely two hours of sleep. What a nightmare. (my roommates told me not to open the bathroom Window, since they did it last week and a rat came in. Only tho owners speak English. The free bike is good, but I guess one should either go for private rooms or choose somewhere else.

Cinthia is a special woman!!!..and wolf too!!!:)thank you for everything!!

• 5th Feb 2015

Lucky the bikes are in good condition as it's a good 10 minutes riding to the main street. On the day we checked out (at 12) our bus wasn't until 10pm and they wouldn't let us keep the bikes which was a real shame as we were kind of stuck at the hostel all day which is on the freeway with not much else around. The breakfast was good and nice to have it served to you. The kitchen could do with a bit of a clean. The staff were friendly giving us a whole bunch of information when we checked in.

We stayed in a private room with ensuite. The good include: very nice & helpful owners Cynthia & Wolf, our room was clean and the staff were great; very friendly atmosphere, excellent bikes, great breakfasts provided. The negative: leaving a passport to use bikes; location on the hi way is noisy; music played all the time, and not turned down or off until after 11:00pm; we were awoken 3 out of 5 nights by loud drunk guests retuning! Overall, we would not return due to the noise at night!

« first « Prev 1 2 3