Lobo Inn Reviews

Km 230,5 Carretera Fedel Chedtuaml, Tulum, Mexico

Everything was superb except cleanliness.

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • South Korea

Wonderful atmosphere, great bikes and delicious breakfast, coffee all the time, fantastic location, friendly helpful staff!

• 15th Mar 2015

Great location for going to see the Tulum ruins, it's just across the road and there is an ADO bus stop there too so its good for getting around. The place is a bit out of town but its good if you like it quiet and the hostel has free bike rental for getting around so its not a problem. The big draw is the people that run it, they are really nice and helpful with a very dry sense of humour..... very much to my taste. Great stay, would recommend

Highlights: Lobo - I got a very good vibe from him - almost like he was a protector (we were 2 girls traveling together). Lobo's wife (I think - I forget her name). Very friendly; we talked about her sons who love the drums and she made a DYNAMITE breakfast, really, off the chain! Free bikes to get to the beach, ruins & Tulum town itself. It wasn't the cleanest but Lobo said they are renovating & just recently took back over the property. Anyway, I slept fine. There are fans, no a/c. Good price!

This hostel is one of the best in he world and definitely The Best in Tulum area. If you want to learn some valuable lessons about customer service, come to Lobo and watch Cynthia (the owner) take care of her guests. She is always present and solving issues instantly with grace of her Mexican personality, charm and wit. And her breakfasts are worth more than you pay per night. I took pictures of them every morning. Yes, I highly recommend this hostel, and I will be back next year.

Great value - breakfast and bikes included. Nice location, near to the beach, and extremely friendly and helpful owners/staff. Highly recommend.

• 11th Feb 2015

First of all, I didn't expect anything fancy for the price, but to sleep in a dorm room entirely denied of windows is unimaginable. I could barely breathed during the night and hence got merely two hours of sleep. What a nightmare. (my roommates told me not to open the bathroom Window, since they did it last week and a rat came in. Only tho owners speak English. The free bike is good, but I guess one should either go for private rooms or choose somewhere else.

Cinthia is a special woman!!!..and wolf too!!!:)thank you for everything!!

• 5th Feb 2015

Lucky the bikes are in good condition as it's a good 10 minutes riding to the main street. On the day we checked out (at 12) our bus wasn't until 10pm and they wouldn't let us keep the bikes which was a real shame as we were kind of stuck at the hostel all day which is on the freeway with not much else around. The breakfast was good and nice to have it served to you. The kitchen could do with a bit of a clean. The staff were friendly giving us a whole bunch of information when we checked in.

We stayed in a private room with ensuite. The good include: very nice & helpful owners Cynthia & Wolf, our room was clean and the staff were great; very friendly atmosphere, excellent bikes, great breakfasts provided. The negative: leaving a passport to use bikes; location on the hi way is noisy; music played all the time, and not turned down or off until after 11:00pm; we were awoken 3 out of 5 nights by loud drunk guests retuning! Overall, we would not return due to the noise at night!

Stayed for two nights, the hostel location is good with a short way to ruins beach and village. Also the hostel offers free bikes which is very convenient. The staff was okay, and the athmosphere was also okay, but the facilities where very dirty and the hostel itself was not so clean.

Is a bad experience. We didnt' get the right information for tourism and the security is bad!

Pretty basic hostel close to the beach and ruins (about a 10 min walk). Fine if you're using a bike, if you were on foot only the walk would be long enough to be annoying. Awesome, awesome breakfast (crepes first day, delecious omelette second day!), hostel facilities nothing fancy but do-able. Use mosquito repellant at dusk!

The atmosphere is super. The woman who leads the hostel really cares for her guests. They even serve breakfast while you can talk outside to the other travellers. The cleanliness was ok. Probably the least clean accomodation I stayed in during my stay in Mexico. Also you have to give them your passport as a deposit for getting your bike. And they store them in an unsafe place in the kitchen whre everybody can take it.

• 4th Jan 2015

I spend a really great time in Lobo inn, everything was cool :)

• 30th Dec 2014

Great location, especially as one has to either walk or bike everywhere. Having the bikes was excellent and enabled us to go to the Cenote and to the beach. The breakfast was the best we have had. Compliments to the chef! Place could do with a really good scrubbing down in the dorms and washroom as not the cleanest place we have been in and yet doable! Outdoor area was nice! Would be great to have information board with location of cenote and other necessities (i.e. grocery store)

I never saw a hostel that did not accept debit or credit card. Localization is good, price is not expensive, but it doesn't have much to offer. The room was dark, too hot, and the fan was really noisy. There are some garbage place in the back, and the smell is horrible. Our room was in an elevated cabaña and we could feel the room swinging really often. My backpack was eaten probably by a rat (we did not see it). The breakfast is good, and bike is free, but you have to leave the passport.

• 27th Dec 2014

Cynthia is an awesome person. She is always there to answer questions and she will even make calls for you. But the hostel is not in a good location. It's along the freeway, away from the main drag. And the common area is outside only. The dorm rooms are ok, but the private rooms kind of suck. They are not worth the extra $. Also, the rooms don't seem like they were cleaned before arrival. The free bikes are great, give you passport for colateral, but she is organized and won't lose it.

• 26th Dec 2014

I stayed 10 days at Lobo Inn, its very great place to stay. The hosts are very friendly and nice.

• 25th Dec 2014

A really pleasant hostel with very helpful and friendly staff. Free use of bikes is a bonus. Also, delicious breakfasts.