Local Hostel Manaus Reviews

72, Marçal street, Centro, Corner with Dona Libânia street., Manaus, Brazil

My husband and I have aspirations of opening a hostel one day so as we travel we've been taking notes on what makes a hostel great. Local Hostel does everything on our list and more. We stayed one night in a private and one in a dorm. Both nights were great. The staff, inducing the owners, are great and always working to make the hostel even better. The breakfast was delicious, and we enjoyed meeting people in the common areas. And the location is perfect. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Manaus

Stayed in a private room which was massive! The staff are all so helpful and nice! Definitely makes a difference. Good breakfast, AC and wi-fi! Everyone is coming and going from trips to the jungle so quite a chilled atmosphere and would imagine to be quite difficult as a solo traveller. Booked two tours straight through the hostel and would recommend both!

No Laundry facilities lets the place down, but staff are excellent, location is perfect very happy with my stay here.

Overall it was an excellent hostel, the AC was working well, the breakfast was good, the staff was always helpfull.

Very good, clean hostel. Very good location for exploring Manaus and being close to the tour companies. Bedrooms were very nice, and the inclusion of curtains on each bed for additional pivacy was a nice touch. The communal bathrooms were clean but did smell a bit after being cleaned on one occasion - however, not a major issue. Highly recommend this hostel.

• 6th Jan 2015

The best hostel I stay in Brazil. Nice and good English staff. Big and clear room. Everything is perfect.

Staff was very accommodating. Excellent location. Had good connections to excursions in the Amazon.

you can book your tour to the jungle at the hostel directly - that helped a lot! Since manaus itself is not really a place to spend a lot of time. The rooms have air condition. But unfortunately the bathroom does not so you never really get dry afte taking a shower. hostel staff speaks perfect english and is very helpful with anything.

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. We have only positive things to say about them. The breakfasts were good too!

• 18th Dec 2014

I've spent only a night at Local Hostel. The staff was friendly, the location is good and the breakfast is ok (but is quite good for the price you pay!) I would suggest them to check the showers, the water flow was low. Also, the air con from the mix dorm should be more powerful - Manaus is hot as hell! The bunk beds had loose screws which were disturbing (as someone climbs up to the top bed, the bunk beds shakes)

• 6th Dec 2014

Nice and clean hostel.

Staff were really helpful for various queries and assisted me greatly when I had to make an urgent call. So appreciated the assistance given to me.

Good breakfast. Staff were friendly and helpful. Large under bed lockers. Close to the opera house and some restaurants. Close to tour company's also.

Manaus has a very particular climate. It is HOT and HUMID. Whilst the hostel was mostly superb, the toilets and shower area, whilst superbly clean, suffered badly from no air-con. After a shower, whilst attempting to dry yourself, you ended up needing another shower. Hard to know what to do. The bedrooms incidentally did have air-con.

Great hostel to base yourself in Manaus for. We stayed to do trips into Amazon.Good location near Theatre in main square. Staff helpful.Breakfast in morning is very good for hostel standards. Eggs,ham,cheese,rolls,juice,coffee,tea etc.. Bit difficult to find if your getting bus into town as not marked outside very clearly.Note the number down otherwise you'll walk past it several times like we did! Great hostel though. Computer for internet as well and WI-FI was good in rooms as well.

The hostel is in center and good communicated with the airport and city. it would be great if they improve the breakfast.

One of the best hostels i've visited and the best in brazil! The staff is lovely, they are all very friendly.. it's a clean and secure place, the rooms are great as well as the breakfast :)

Located right next to the Amazon Theater, beautiful opera house. Relatively new hostel so the facilities are good. Very little hot water was a bit concerning. Fantastic breakfast spread. Staff is engaging and helpful. ~15 min walk down to the water.

I was totally satisfied with my stay in this hostel and the next time I`ll come time to Manaus I`l definitely will stay there again.

great hostel, great place to meet other people. we really liked the familiar atmosphere. perfect location in Manaus. Breakfast could be improved in comparison to other hostels we've been to in Brazil. but it was definitely enough! we would definitely come back :)