Local Hostel Manaus Reviews

72, Marçal street, Centro, Corner with Dona Libânia street., Manaus, Brazil

Awesome location. Just annoying drunk people on the roof at night made it hard to sleep. I felt like an old lady asking people to be quiet. The staff needs to make sure to keep the guests quiet at night. Other than that, it was great!

Great hostel but the kitchen space is quite small and after a trip in the Amazon we wanted to wash our clothes. There was no laundry facilities and any nearby. Good sized bedroom with air conditioning.

Great location!

Great facilities, great staff, great breakfast!

We were extremely pleased with our stay here. Although there was no atmosphere, I think that's more due to the city than the hostel, as this city isn't on all backpackers list. The staff were extremely helpful and sorted our boat ride down the Amazon for us. They also provided some useful info before we left. Manaus is extremely hot and humid, so the hostel turns on air-conditioning units from 7pm until the morning which makes sleeping pleasant. The hostel is also clean and have cheap drinks.

Amazing place to stay in Manaus! I really recommend that hostel.

The airport transfer provided by the hostel is not cheaper than a local taxi. I paid R$60 reais where as my girlfriend the day before got a taxi for R$30 from the airport. I suggest the Hostel change this information that is on their confirmation email as it is misleading and false. Thanks

Dear guest, I'm sure that there was a mistake or a misunderstanding regarding the price you paid for the taxi from the airport, because the taxis have a fixed price (that this week increased to R$ 75,00) from the airport to anywhere in the city. Maybe she got a taxi from the bus station, or the port, but it is highly unlikely that she paid R$ 30,00 for a taxi from the airport to downtown Manaus. We arrange the airport pick up to offer our guests a cheaper way to/from the airport. Best regards.

I really enjoyed my short stay at Local Hostel. Everyone was very friendly and created a comfortable atmosphere. The rooms were clean and cozy. Each bed had a privacy curtain, which I enjoyed. The breakfast was also very good. I would definitely stay there again.

• 19th Apr 2015

Great hostel, friendly staff. Excellent breakfast. All english speakers.

We stayed in a private room that was really comfortable and airy, could have done with a mirror and a table as opposed to a massive painting. Breakfast was really good, location to the main square and bus stops was excellent. The staff were nice especially the guy from belem. The laundry service seemed expensive; 1.5 real per item, only a bargain if you were washing towels and jeans! All areas were kept very clean and it was generally quiet. Recommended.

Awesome location and great breakfast - simple but so good!

Great staff, great place in the heart of Manaus centre.

Very clean! Very lovely room with comfortable beds! Staff very friendly and helpful. Very close to restaurants and shopping area.

Great staff, perfect location and spacious rooms. The only caveat was the construction site inside the hostel, very noisy and messy. And the Air con policy (only at night) is not enough for this ever hot city.

The Hostel was the best We stayed during our brasil roundtrip! The guys and Girls at the reception were superfriendly and very helpful. All are english speaking! Would come back everytime!

Daniel and Jessica were wonderful and most helpful with advice and good company as were the rest of the staff Wouldn't go anywhere else Well located near square and buses

This place was great. Very clean. Loved the outlet and lamp at each bed. Bag storage was plenty as well. Rooms were cool at night. Breakfast was good.

This is a nice hostal but it's very very loud . If you are plannig on staying then wear ear plugs . Half of the staff are genuinely friendly and the other half , not so genuine . The rooms start to get hot around 9am , when they turn your airconditioning and they don't put it back on until 7pm . Then it's freezing all night . Female toilets were clean but always smelt as there isn't much ventilation . Kitchen facilities were good. Beds were hit or miss , depending upon if you got a balanced bed

Dear guest, thank you for your review. We give away free ear plugs so our guests won't be bothered. According to our policy, the A/C is turned on 7pm - 9:30am. We do make an exception sometimes when it's a really warm day, but UNFORTUNATELY we can't leave it on all day long as you desired. But we are glad that even with these small issues you decided to return after your jungle tour, and later postponed your checkout for a few more days. Best regards.

The Hostel is very new and vibrant. They had a one year anniversary party during my stay, which was very nice and I met some nice people.

Really helpful and great people, know their city (okay, it's not that big anyway ;-) and are always friendly and eager to help. So far the best, cleanest rooms and bathrooms in Brazil, every bed has it's own (big and proper working) locker, curtain, a light and a socket - really every bed! can only recommend this place!

• 23rd Feb 2015