Local Hostel Manaus Reviews

72, Marçal street, Centro, Corner with Dona Libânia street., Manaus, Brazil

Good rooms, location, staff and breakfast. But the clenliness of the bathrooms were terrible. I saw the women cleaning the male bathroom, and I don't think that she cared about what she was doing. I didn't see She cleaning the toilets. Only the floor. One of the toilets was occupied at that moment, so she only cleaned the other. I thought that she would clean the other afterwards, but many hours later the toilet was still dirt and full of toilet paper inside the bin. And she was gone.

We stayed in a private room as well as a 6 bed dorm during our stay at local hostel Manaus. Both of which were clean and well equipped. The private rooms air con stayed on all day for us which was nice to come back to. The air con in the dorm came on at 7pm which was good for the night. The dorms also have little curtains on each bed and a little light to give some privacy if required. The bathrooms were clean and roof top was perfect for chill sessions and conversation with other travellers.

Bathrooms were clean but I've seen better - a curtained dry area outside the shower stall would be nice, as would hot water. Beds (mixed dorm) were comfy, linen spotless with an outlet, reading light, curtain per bed. 5-star rooms. We got in at 4am and left at 10am. But, the staff at the desk let us keep some of our stuff in the cabinet behind the reception (not locked) and told us we were welcome to use the facilities, including showers, when we came back from our trip in the jungle!

• 21st Jul 2015

The best hostel i ve ever stayed in Brazil. Great staff, very helpful, flexible. Clean and fair price. For sure would stay again.

The staff is prompt and helpful. An excellent stay.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • India

Very nice hostel, ideal location right next to the square and theatre. Breakfast was excellent! Ideal for our short stay before going into the jungle

Awesome location. Just annoying drunk people on the roof at night made it hard to sleep. I felt like an old lady asking people to be quiet. The staff needs to make sure to keep the guests quiet at night. Other than that, it was great!

Great hostel but the kitchen space is quite small and after a trip in the Amazon we wanted to wash our clothes. There was no laundry facilities and any nearby. Good sized bedroom with air conditioning.

Great location!

Great facilities, great staff, great breakfast!

We were extremely pleased with our stay here. Although there was no atmosphere, I think that's more due to the city than the hostel, as this city isn't on all backpackers list. The staff were extremely helpful and sorted our boat ride down the Amazon for us. They also provided some useful info before we left. Manaus is extremely hot and humid, so the hostel turns on air-conditioning units from 7pm until the morning which makes sleeping pleasant. The hostel is also clean and have cheap drinks.

Amazing place to stay in Manaus! I really recommend that hostel.

The airport transfer provided by the hostel is not cheaper than a local taxi. I paid R$60 reais where as my girlfriend the day before got a taxi for R$30 from the airport. I suggest the Hostel change this information that is on their confirmation email as it is misleading and false. Thanks

Dear guest, I'm sure that there was a mistake or a misunderstanding regarding the price you paid for the taxi from the airport, because the taxis have a fixed price (that this week increased to R$ 75,00) from the airport to anywhere in the city. Maybe she got a taxi from the bus station, or the port, but it is highly unlikely that she paid R$ 30,00 for a taxi from the airport to downtown Manaus. We arrange the airport pick up to offer our guests a cheaper way to/from the airport. Best regards.

I really enjoyed my short stay at Local Hostel. Everyone was very friendly and created a comfortable atmosphere. The rooms were clean and cozy. Each bed had a privacy curtain, which I enjoyed. The breakfast was also very good. I would definitely stay there again.

• 19th Apr 2015

Great hostel, friendly staff. Excellent breakfast. All english speakers.

We stayed in a private room that was really comfortable and airy, could have done with a mirror and a table as opposed to a massive painting. Breakfast was really good, location to the main square and bus stops was excellent. The staff were nice especially the guy from belem. The laundry service seemed expensive; 1.5 real per item, only a bargain if you were washing towels and jeans! All areas were kept very clean and it was generally quiet. Recommended.

Awesome location and great breakfast - simple but so good!

Great staff, great place in the heart of Manaus centre.

Very clean! Very lovely room with comfortable beds! Staff very friendly and helpful. Very close to restaurants and shopping area.

Great staff, perfect location and spacious rooms. The only caveat was the construction site inside the hostel, very noisy and messy. And the Air con policy (only at night) is not enough for this ever hot city.