Local Hostel Manaus Reviews

72, Marçal street, Centro, Corner with Dona Libânia street., Manaus, Brazil

I was totally satisfied with my stay in this hostel and the next time I`ll come time to Manaus I`l definitely will stay there again.

great hostel, great place to meet other people. we really liked the familiar atmosphere. perfect location in Manaus. Breakfast could be improved in comparison to other hostels we've been to in Brazil. but it was definitely enough! we would definitely come back :)

We loved this hostel, they got so many things right! The staff were kind and helpful, the hostel was meticulously cleaned, each bed had its own light, curtain and power point, the breakfast was good and they even had live music one night we were there! It's also in a great location, just a few metres from the main square. Wish more hostels were like this.

• 23rd Sep 2014

I felt very welcome since the first moment. Everybody was very friendly and nice, we had a lot of fun together, especially when the electricity broke down ;D when i was in trouble, everybody was very caring and supportive! I had such a great time, that i really want to come back, just to see the staff again! Então: até logo galera!

The best hostel of my vacation in Brazil. Staff is professional and very helpful, rooms are really nice and very clean, the kitchen the same. Location is excellent particularly if you use the hostel as a base for your tours in the rain forest. I would definitely recommend.

Very nice and very clean highly recommend ed

• 9th Sep 2014

Only stayed here for one night but was impressed. Very comfortable dorms, with beds that give a lot of privacy. Some are a bit squeky. But very modern and clean for a hostel.

Great hostel, very well located, very nice and helpful staff! Definitely recommend it!!!

It is extremely cold in the shared rooms. People get ill because of the contrast between outside / inside and you need to wear warm clothes inside the room! The staff does not seem to know it is not an healthy solution. The staff is very nice though, the location good and the activities nice.

• 25th Aug 2014

It was a really good hostel, very clean and the stuff was helpful, spoke a lot of languages and gave good ideas about day trips and other activities. There was a TV and a guitar two different areas to hang out and a nice terrace. I was there already twice and would not hesitate to go a third time.

Great hostel! Excellent staff, great location, very clean and nice terrace to have their tasty breakfast in the morning. The personal outlet and lamp was a nice touch too. The only bad thing was the door to my dorm didn't shut properly so it opened at random, but it wouldn't stop me from staying there again.

Located very close to the town square which has restaurants and the theatre. Hostel was very clean and looked really nice. Good common area which sold beverages. Staff were really helpful with local info and directions. We left our bag in lockers while on a trek, but you need your own padlock. We didn't book a tour through the hostel, we went with Amazon Antonio which was excellent. Breakfast started at 7 so we could have some before leaving for the Amazon. Would stay again and recommend highly!

Very helpful staff, close to the centre of town and clean facilities

Very new interior, nice and clean atmosphere, perfect location.

• 4th Aug 2014

We loved our stay at local hostel Manaus because: Staff was very helpful and friendly It is located right in the city center It is very safe It is well furnitured People we met over there were great Breakfast was lovely Kitchen was well equiped It is very clean

Good hostel but unfortunately they sell tours from a terrible company with the worst treatment of the animals we have ever seen (and we have been travelling around the world for months). Monkeys and pink dolphins are fed, sloths, caimans and snakes given to tourists for photos (in exchange of money), we were offered the possibility to swim with the dolphins even though it was forbidden after the world cup because they were dying!

I was nervous about staying in a hostel because it's been many years since I last stayed in one, but this hostel was fantastic! It's very clean. The location is perfect...less than a block from the Teatro Amazonus. I felt very safe. There is a locker for your stuff. The staff are really friendly. The breakfast is great. I stayed for four nights in a female dorm.

• 25th Jul 2014

Great hostel. We stayed for 2 nights prior to an amazon trek in a 10 person dorm and after for 1 night in a private room. Place was clean. Staff was every informative and spoke great English for non-portugeses speakers. 1 minute walk to opera house. Great hostel

• 19th Jul 2014

loved staying here at local hostel Manaus, very friendly, clean, good breakfast, and at 65 years of age I never felt out of place.

Solid place in a fairly convenient part of Manaus.

« first « Prev 1 2 3