Local Hostel Manaus Reviews

72, Marçal street, Centro, Corner with Dona Libânia street., Manaus, Brazil

Very nice and very clean highly recommend ed

• 9th Sep 2014

Only stayed here for one night but was impressed. Very comfortable dorms, with beds that give a lot of privacy. Some are a bit squeky. But very modern and clean for a hostel.

Great hostel, very well located, very nice and helpful staff! Definitely recommend it!!!

It is extremely cold in the shared rooms. People get ill because of the contrast between outside / inside and you need to wear warm clothes inside the room! The staff does not seem to know it is not an healthy solution. The staff is very nice though, the location good and the activities nice.

• 25th Aug 2014

It was a really good hostel, very clean and the stuff was helpful, spoke a lot of languages and gave good ideas about day trips and other activities. There was a TV and a guitar two different areas to hang out and a nice terrace. I was there already twice and would not hesitate to go a third time.

Great hostel! Excellent staff, great location, very clean and nice terrace to have their tasty breakfast in the morning. The personal outlet and lamp was a nice touch too. The only bad thing was the door to my dorm didn't shut properly so it opened at random, but it wouldn't stop me from staying there again.

Located very close to the town square which has restaurants and the theatre. Hostel was very clean and looked really nice. Good common area which sold beverages. Staff were really helpful with local info and directions. We left our bag in lockers while on a trek, but you need your own padlock. We didn't book a tour through the hostel, we went with Amazon Antonio which was excellent. Breakfast started at 7 so we could have some before leaving for the Amazon. Would stay again and recommend highly!

Very helpful staff, close to the centre of town and clean facilities

Very new interior, nice and clean atmosphere, perfect location.

• 4th Aug 2014

We loved our stay at local hostel Manaus because: Staff was very helpful and friendly It is located right in the city center It is very safe It is well furnitured People we met over there were great Breakfast was lovely Kitchen was well equiped It is very clean

Good hostel but unfortunately they sell tours from a terrible company with the worst treatment of the animals we have ever seen (and we have been travelling around the world for months). Monkeys and pink dolphins are fed, sloths, caimans and snakes given to tourists for photos (in exchange of money), we were offered the possibility to swim with the dolphins even though it was forbidden after the world cup because they were dying!

I was nervous about staying in a hostel because it's been many years since I last stayed in one, but this hostel was fantastic! It's very clean. The location is perfect...less than a block from the Teatro Amazonus. I felt very safe. There is a locker for your stuff. The staff are really friendly. The breakfast is great. I stayed for four nights in a female dorm.

• 25th Jul 2014

Great hostel. We stayed for 2 nights prior to an amazon trek in a 10 person dorm and after for 1 night in a private room. Place was clean. Staff was every informative and spoke great English for non-portugeses speakers. 1 minute walk to opera house. Great hostel

• 19th Jul 2014

loved staying here at local hostel Manaus, very friendly, clean, good breakfast, and at 65 years of age I never felt out of place.

Solid place in a fairly convenient part of Manaus.

Excellent hostel, the best one I have seen in Brazil, great value for money.

After five days in the jungle this hostel was a haven. The staff was friendly, the atmosphere nice and the location great. Breakfast was also good! We stayed in a private room with a bathroom. The room was clean and there was warm water in the shower. The bed was not the most comfortable one but it was a minor minus. There's a small terrace upstairs where you can hang out, which was nice! Overall we had a great stay and I would come back if I went to Manaus again.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Finland

Wonderful experiences! Lovely, clean, friendly, very helpful and humanized designed and managed hostel, with best location in the neighborhood of the city center, I cannot believe they charged so little! Even during the WC 2014! Each bed has a big enough cabinet under with lock device, which is very easily useful. Every bed is provided a reading lamp and an outlet on the wall. These designs are all very simple but convenient, and the same as the public bathroom, kitchen, washing and dry space

I very much enjoyed my stay here. My only complaint would be the mattresses. I stayed twice, and both times the mattress on the bed had a significant sink in the middle. The place is new so the mattresses shouldn't have sinks - it should be worth investing in better ones.

• 5th Jul 2014

I stayed in Local Hostel Manaus only for 1 night, after an Amazon trip, during the World Cup period. From my short stay there, I can say that this is an excellent hostel to stay in Manaus. It's very clean, and has a nice common area. Most importantly, it's very, very strategically located. Only 10 meters from the city center!

« first « Prev 1 2 3