Local Hostel Manaus Reviews

72, Marçal street, Centro, Corner with Dona Libânia street., Manaus, Brazil

Very helpful staff, close to the centre of town and clean facilities

Very new interior, nice and clean atmosphere, perfect location.

• 4th Aug 2014

We loved our stay at local hostel Manaus because: Staff was very helpful and friendly It is located right in the city center It is very safe It is well furnitured People we met over there were great Breakfast was lovely Kitchen was well equiped It is very clean

Good hostel but unfortunately they sell tours from a terrible company with the worst treatment of the animals we have ever seen (and we have been travelling around the world for months). Monkeys and pink dolphins are fed, sloths, caimans and snakes given to tourists for photos (in exchange of money), we were offered the possibility to swim with the dolphins even though it was forbidden after the world cup because they were dying!

I was nervous about staying in a hostel because it's been many years since I last stayed in one, but this hostel was fantastic! It's very clean. The location is perfect...less than a block from the Teatro Amazonus. I felt very safe. There is a locker for your stuff. The staff are really friendly. The breakfast is great. I stayed for four nights in a female dorm.

• 25th Jul 2014

Great hostel. We stayed for 2 nights prior to an amazon trek in a 10 person dorm and after for 1 night in a private room. Place was clean. Staff was every informative and spoke great English for non-portugeses speakers. 1 minute walk to opera house. Great hostel

• 19th Jul 2014

loved staying here at local hostel Manaus, very friendly, clean, good breakfast, and at 65 years of age I never felt out of place.

Solid place in a fairly convenient part of Manaus.

Excellent hostel, the best one I have seen in Brazil, great value for money.

After five days in the jungle this hostel was a haven. The staff was friendly, the atmosphere nice and the location great. Breakfast was also good! We stayed in a private room with a bathroom. The room was clean and there was warm water in the shower. The bed was not the most comfortable one but it was a minor minus. There's a small terrace upstairs where you can hang out, which was nice! Overall we had a great stay and I would come back if I went to Manaus again.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Finland

Wonderful experiences! Lovely, clean, friendly, very helpful and humanized designed and managed hostel, with best location in the neighborhood of the city center, I cannot believe they charged so little! Even during the WC 2014! Each bed has a big enough cabinet under with lock device, which is very easily useful. Every bed is provided a reading lamp and an outlet on the wall. These designs are all very simple but convenient, and the same as the public bathroom, kitchen, washing and dry space

I very much enjoyed my stay here. My only complaint would be the mattresses. I stayed twice, and both times the mattress on the bed had a significant sink in the middle. The place is new so the mattresses shouldn't have sinks - it should be worth investing in better ones.

• 5th Jul 2014

I stayed in Local Hostel Manaus only for 1 night, after an Amazon trip, during the World Cup period. From my short stay there, I can say that this is an excellent hostel to stay in Manaus. It's very clean, and has a nice common area. Most importantly, it's very, very strategically located. Only 10 meters from the city center!

Can´t fault this hostel. Whoever designed it has definitely been a backpacker as it has everything you need. On top of this the location is perfect and the staff are great - special thanks to the cleaning lady who worked tirelessly to keep the place spotless! Highly reccomended hostel.

Fantastic hostel. The staff are great, super friendly and helpful. When I thought I had lost my hiking boots, they went beyond the call of duty to locate them. Also, assistance with booking transport, tours, phoning for taxis etc, all add up to an excellent experience. Aircon in the rooms, good breakfast, bar at the reception desk..., the list goes on.

Nice clean hostel beside teatro Amazonas. Good place to meet people. Staff friendly too. Overall excellent!

Perfect hostel. Clean, friendly, secure,great location,kitchen, small bar, dorm rooms are the best- air con all night, curtain, under bed locker, own light and power source :-) bathrooms clean and new. Heaven after the boat up the Amazon, or after your jungle trip! Book your trip with the hostel too its well run and good value!

This hostel was great overall - well thought-out, and you can tell they take pride in it. Large under-bed lockers, A/C at night, clean and comfy bedding, and privacy curtains surrounding your bunk with a small light near your head. They have a small amount of useful items for sale if you forget/lose yours. Soap dispensers in bathrooms were routinely empty, which is gross. They can help you set up a variety of tours. A few restaurants, a supermarket, and banks are within walking distance.

Great staff and hostel. Would recommend!

Great new hostel with friendly staff and great location

1 2 Next » last »