Local Hostel Manaus Reviews

72, Marçal street, Centro, Corner with Dona Libânia street., Manaus, Brazil

I stayed in Local Hostel Manaus only for 1 night, after an Amazon trip, during the World Cup period. From my short stay there, I can say that this is an excellent hostel to stay in Manaus. It's very clean, and has a nice common area. Most importantly, it's very, very strategically located. Only 10 meters from the city center!

Can´t fault this hostel. Whoever designed it has definitely been a backpacker as it has everything you need. On top of this the location is perfect and the staff are great - special thanks to the cleaning lady who worked tirelessly to keep the place spotless! Highly reccomended hostel.

Fantastic hostel. The staff are great, super friendly and helpful. When I thought I had lost my hiking boots, they went beyond the call of duty to locate them. Also, assistance with booking transport, tours, phoning for taxis etc, all add up to an excellent experience. Aircon in the rooms, good breakfast, bar at the reception desk..., the list goes on.

Nice clean hostel beside teatro Amazonas. Good place to meet people. Staff friendly too. Overall excellent!

Perfect hostel. Clean, friendly, secure,great location,kitchen, small bar, dorm rooms are the best- air con all night, curtain, under bed locker, own light and power source :-) bathrooms clean and new. Heaven after the boat up the Amazon, or after your jungle trip! Book your trip with the hostel too its well run and good value!

Great staff and hostel. Would recommend!

Great new hostel with friendly staff and great location

Possibly the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Amazing staff, amazing location, amazing city. Not too big, not too small. Everything you'd ever want in a hostel. The staff can help set up day trips (or longer) into the Amazon with the best companies.

We had an amazing time at Local Hostel Manaus. We stayed 5 nights, and couldn't ask for more. The staff was wonderful, the location was perfect, and Manaus has so much to explore, I wish I had more time there!

Local Hostel was clean, secure and comfortable. The staff were all hospitable, generous and friendly. Prime location and air conditioned sleeping quarters provided an ideal setting from which to explore Manaus. Highly recommended.

Great location near the Manaus theatre. Good english speaking staff.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Norway

Great location and ambiance. Staff was very nice.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

Excellently located, close to the Teatro Amazonas and square. New, clean and well maintained. Small but pleasant communal area and eating area. Very nice and helpful staff. We stayed in a en suite double room which was spacious as was the clean bathroom. The room also had a very effective modern remote controlled air conditioning unit. Only down side was that the bed was rock hard!

Fantastic Location. Just 2mins away from the Opera House.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Croatia

The staff were very nice and helpful. Great location, right next to the teatro amazonas.

• 13th Jun 2014

Brilliant hostel

Easily the best hostel in Manaus!

• 12th Jun 2014

My favourite hostel I've been to in Brazil - staff were excellent, rooms are nice, its very well maintained, the breakfast is good. Would stay there again tomorrow (if they had space!).

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. We stayed in the private double - which had cable tv, ac and private bathroom. Spacious room, very clean, good shower, good ac, quiet because it is upstairs away from dorms. We stayed during the World Cup so much pricier than normal but that is to be expected. The best thing is the location-2 mins to the lovely main square with the opera house and bars and restaurants. breakfast adequate, wifi abit hit and miss, but the staff truly excellent

Great hostel. The second we walked in the staff offered us water. Staff was super helpful. The hostel was very clean, so were the rooms and bathrooms. Internet was a little spotty but I think that was a temporary problem that they fixed. Very good atmosphere, very social but still quiet if you want to sleep. One of the better hostels I stayed out while in Brazil.