Local Hostel Manaus Reviews

72, Marçal street, Centro, Corner with Dona Libânia street., Manaus, Brazil

Excellent hostel, the best one I have seen in Brazil, great value for money.

After five days in the jungle this hostel was a haven. The staff was friendly, the atmosphere nice and the location great. Breakfast was also good! We stayed in a private room with a bathroom. The room was clean and there was warm water in the shower. The bed was not the most comfortable one but it was a minor minus. There's a small terrace upstairs where you can hang out, which was nice! Overall we had a great stay and I would come back if I went to Manaus again.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Finland

Wonderful experiences! Lovely, clean, friendly, very helpful and humanized designed and managed hostel, with best location in the neighborhood of the city center, I cannot believe they charged so little! Even during the WC 2014! Each bed has a big enough cabinet under with lock device, which is very easily useful. Every bed is provided a reading lamp and an outlet on the wall. These designs are all very simple but convenient, and the same as the public bathroom, kitchen, washing and dry space

I very much enjoyed my stay here. My only complaint would be the mattresses. I stayed twice, and both times the mattress on the bed had a significant sink in the middle. The place is new so the mattresses shouldn't have sinks - it should be worth investing in better ones.

• 5th Jul 2014

I stayed in Local Hostel Manaus only for 1 night, after an Amazon trip, during the World Cup period. From my short stay there, I can say that this is an excellent hostel to stay in Manaus. It's very clean, and has a nice common area. Most importantly, it's very, very strategically located. Only 10 meters from the city center!

Can´t fault this hostel. Whoever designed it has definitely been a backpacker as it has everything you need. On top of this the location is perfect and the staff are great - special thanks to the cleaning lady who worked tirelessly to keep the place spotless! Highly reccomended hostel.

Fantastic hostel. The staff are great, super friendly and helpful. When I thought I had lost my hiking boots, they went beyond the call of duty to locate them. Also, assistance with booking transport, tours, phoning for taxis etc, all add up to an excellent experience. Aircon in the rooms, good breakfast, bar at the reception desk..., the list goes on.

Nice clean hostel beside teatro Amazonas. Good place to meet people. Staff friendly too. Overall excellent!

Perfect hostel. Clean, friendly, secure,great location,kitchen, small bar, dorm rooms are the best- air con all night, curtain, under bed locker, own light and power source :-) bathrooms clean and new. Heaven after the boat up the Amazon, or after your jungle trip! Book your trip with the hostel too its well run and good value!

Great staff and hostel. Would recommend!

Great new hostel with friendly staff and great location

Possibly the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Amazing staff, amazing location, amazing city. Not too big, not too small. Everything you'd ever want in a hostel. The staff can help set up day trips (or longer) into the Amazon with the best companies.

We had an amazing time at Local Hostel Manaus. We stayed 5 nights, and couldn't ask for more. The staff was wonderful, the location was perfect, and Manaus has so much to explore, I wish I had more time there!

Local Hostel was clean, secure and comfortable. The staff were all hospitable, generous and friendly. Prime location and air conditioned sleeping quarters provided an ideal setting from which to explore Manaus. Highly recommended.

Great location near the Manaus theatre. Good english speaking staff.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Norway

Great location and ambiance. Staff was very nice.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

Excellently located, close to the Teatro Amazonas and square. New, clean and well maintained. Small but pleasant communal area and eating area. Very nice and helpful staff. We stayed in a en suite double room which was spacious as was the clean bathroom. The room also had a very effective modern remote controlled air conditioning unit. Only down side was that the bed was rock hard!

Fantastic Location. Just 2mins away from the Opera House.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Croatia

The staff were very nice and helpful. Great location, right next to the teatro amazonas.

• 13th Jun 2014