Local Hostel Manaus Reviews

72, Marçal street, Centro, Corner with Dona Libânia street., Manaus, Brazil

Easily the best hostel in Manaus!

• 12th Jun 2014

My favourite hostel I've been to in Brazil - staff were excellent, rooms are nice, its very well maintained, the breakfast is good. Would stay there again tomorrow (if they had space!).

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. We stayed in the private double - which had cable tv, ac and private bathroom. Spacious room, very clean, good shower, good ac, quiet because it is upstairs away from dorms. We stayed during the World Cup so much pricier than normal but that is to be expected. The best thing is the location-2 mins to the lovely main square with the opera house and bars and restaurants. breakfast adequate, wifi abit hit and miss, but the staff truly excellent

Great hostel. The second we walked in the staff offered us water. Staff was super helpful. The hostel was very clean, so were the rooms and bathrooms. Internet was a little spotty but I think that was a temporary problem that they fixed. Very good atmosphere, very social but still quiet if you want to sleep. One of the better hostels I stayed out while in Brazil.

Our best hostel experience in Manaus - and in Brasil for that matter - was staying at Local Hostel. We stayed 5 nights during the World Cup, and, despite this hectic time for the hospitality industry, we always felt welcomed no matter what time we checked in. The showers and rooms were clean, location is a block from Teatro Manaus and Bar do Armando, we had lockers to store our valuables, and everyone - from the staff to the guests - were friendly and eager to share stories and recommendations.

Lovely new clean place in great location in town, quite quiet when we were there tho. Staff really friendly and helpful and when they get more local knowledge this will be a fantastic place.

Staff was very helpful. Hostel was all-around clean and WIFI actually worked for once in Latin America!!

Brand new hostel (they were still putting some of the rooms together while we were there). All rooms have AC which is needed with the humidity.. Wifi reaches almost all areas and breakfast is good. Everything is brand new and some of the most helpful staff I've come across, highly recommended.

Your hostel is among the very best I've been. I loved the privacy curtain, the reading light and the locked storage that you provide to each bed in the dorms. I also appreciated the only-female shared bathrooms. And thank you for arranging my boat trip to Bélem, I had an unforgettable boat ride!

Local hostel has become my Manaus base. I've been here 3 times from landing, to after a jungle trek, to after a boat trip. Each time has been better than the last. The hostel is clean, centrally located and has a great staff. Plus breakfast is included and there is AC in the rooms at night!

• 15th May 2014

Great hostel - reception staff really went out of their way to find information I needed, really clean, super comfy beds and great facilities. Do have the bbq if you get the chance.

1 2 3 Next » last »