Local Hostel Manaus Reviews

72, Marçal street, Centro, Corner with Dona Libânia street., Manaus, Brazil

Our best hostel experience in Manaus - and in Brasil for that matter - was staying at Local Hostel. We stayed 5 nights during the World Cup, and, despite this hectic time for the hospitality industry, we always felt welcomed no matter what time we checked in. The showers and rooms were clean, location is a block from Teatro Manaus and Bar do Armando, we had lockers to store our valuables, and everyone - from the staff to the guests - were friendly and eager to share stories and recommendations.

Lovely new clean place in great location in town, quite quiet when we were there tho. Staff really friendly and helpful and when they get more local knowledge this will be a fantastic place.

Staff was very helpful. Hostel was all-around clean and WIFI actually worked for once in Latin America!!

Brand new hostel (they were still putting some of the rooms together while we were there). All rooms have AC which is needed with the humidity.. Wifi reaches almost all areas and breakfast is good. Everything is brand new and some of the most helpful staff I've come across, highly recommended.

Your hostel is among the very best I've been. I loved the privacy curtain, the reading light and the locked storage that you provide to each bed in the dorms. I also appreciated the only-female shared bathrooms. And thank you for arranging my boat trip to Bélem, I had an unforgettable boat ride!

Local hostel has become my Manaus base. I've been here 3 times from landing, to after a jungle trek, to after a boat trip. Each time has been better than the last. The hostel is clean, centrally located and has a great staff. Plus breakfast is included and there is AC in the rooms at night!

• 15th May 2014

Great hostel - reception staff really went out of their way to find information I needed, really clean, super comfy beds and great facilities. Do have the bbq if you get the chance.

Daniel and Matteo opened less than 2 months ago and they have already achieved the most important: make you feel at home! It's like staying at friends' place. Great laid back atmosphere, amazing churrascos, and only 1 min from one of the most beautiful squares in Brazil (restaurants, open air cinema, live music, theatre etc.) Get yourself a cold açai with tapioca, go to a forro party at night and enjoy what Manaus has to offer: This city rules and Local Hostel is my home there!

Great new Hostel, great staff :) All cool, thanks guys