Locanda Daniel Reviews

Via Nazionale 22, Florence, Tuscany, Italy

This hostel was just alright. The staff were a little bit cold but not as cold as the showers! There are two really clean and quiet bathrooms with a shower in each but everytime I tried to have a shower the water was freezing. There is no kitchen bar or common room so no chance to mingle with other travelers. The place was always super clean though. All in all I wouldn't recommend this hostel, unless you just need a safe place to lay your head at night and you don't fancy meeting other people.

This is a little Hostel, with a great location un Florence. I would definitely recommend it to anyone going to this city. It is really cheap, and bedrooms are nice, CLEAN, with a lot of space to leave your things. It is like a small apartment. Staff is always paying attention to your needs, and everything is absolutely clean. There are hairdryers in the rooms and clean towels. The only little disadvantages are that it is located on a 3rd floor, no elevators, and also there are no lockers

Liked our stay at Locanda. Perfectly located in the city centre with just 5 minutes to central station. We loved the view of the roofs and the cathedral from the little balcony in the kitchen.

This is a perfect place to stay. Small but very clean and well managed. The bed was very comfortable, washrooms were very neat and clean with hot water, a sink was there in the room as well. Excellent Wifi. Very central location, access to all visitable places by walk, many clubs and pubs around. The incharge was very nice, she provided me maps and gave me the security codes so that I can access the hostel without check in she was very helpful. I definitely suggest this place to everyone.

Perfect location, nice staff, very very clean. The only problem I had was no internet in the evening, otherwise everything was perfect.

sweetest staff ever! very accomodating, very good english. much more like a BnB than a hostel. Adequate hostel kitchen. Definitely the best hostel stay i've had!

The staff was super helpful, and gave us maps with restaurant recommendations. The location is perfect--so close to the train station, and maybe 10 minutes walking to the Duomo and other attractions.

Location was perfect 3 minute walk to Train Station. 1 minute walk to major sites. Beds comfy no bunks! Wi-Fi was good. Minimal kitchen facilities and no lockers but it feels super safe so I didn't worry at all about my stuff. Plus Good Kebab shop right around the corner!

Pros: We were upgraded to a private room. The hostel was really clean and comfy. Cons: The reception is almost non-existent (from 9 to 13:30hs). We arrived at 7 am, and find a paper with a number to call and ask for instructions, but they didn't answer the phone (and we tried several times), so we lost 2 hours until the reception girl arrived (she was very friendly, and didn't had the fault). Wi-fi didn't work at night, and no one was there to fix it. No lift.

It's a good place to stay. It would be better if the staff were there not only a few hours in the morning.

Great location, staff kind n helping, would come back.

Really lovely and accommodating staff; they upgraded us for no extra charge because they had the space! Good location, close to lots of shopping, and walking distance from the main train station.

The location was fantastic (especially the small balcony with the view of the Duomo) - only a short walk from the main sites. And the price makes it all the more better. I shared a mixed room of three and, although it was a little cosy, the beds were very comfy, there was a sink in the room and space to put bags. The bathroom facilities were very clean. I would definitely stay here again if I came back to Firenze.

good location and fast Wi-fi. Staff is in office for just short time, but she takes care for those who will srrive at late time. i have nothing to complain.

Great for a long stay. Though could do with an elevator...

Very clean and in a central location. And a fantastic price when I was there. The atmosphere seemed very private so I did not get to socialize with the other travelers there. If you want a private stay at a Hostel/B&B then this is your place. I personally prefer a more social atmosphere. But still had a great stay.

This place is really clean, this is the best part of this hostel. The staff is good but they don't stay all the time in the reception and the common area is only a sofa, so you will meet only your roommates. There's no locker in the room. In general is a good place to stay, it was a good experience.

Good location, friendly staff, nice rooms that were clean. There was no common room meaning when you were relaxing at the hostel you were very much confined to your room. Fine for groups, not recommended for meeting people.

PROS: great location - 10minutes walk from train station. Very clean. Beds are individual beds not bunks and they have a good mattress. Dorms are quite large and have a sink. Wifi works great. CONS: pillow was quite flat. Staff were helpful but were only there between certain hours. Hostel is up 5 flights of stairs. No sink in the kitchen

It was a terrific studio we stayed in, plenty of room, clean & central location. The only downside was there was no internet (only in the main hostel) & the heating wasn't working which was very necessary! Overall though a great place to stay!

• 22nd Nov 2013