Locanda Rocco Reviews

Via del Sole 5, Florence, Italy

I believe Locanda rocco is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. I paid 25 euro for 4 beds and thought it's a bit expensive. But it turns out two people sleep in one room and 2 rooms have one bathroom(4people) which is really clean. It was confusing i needed to go to other building to checkin, but it's located right infront. I loved little terrace and kitchen. Location is the best for travellers and the area is quite. Most of all, it is super clean. Love this hostel!

staff was very helpful. location is right across from a bar so its hit or miss on getting a good nights sleep. depending on how loud it gets there. (walls are paper-thin) wish the private for 4 had 4 single beds instead of 2 single beds and one larger one.

• 19th Jun 2015

The facilities were in a state of disrepair. Broken furniture and broken facilities. The floors of both bathrooms were puddled due to shower activity. The showers need more than cheap one Euro curtains. If the owners invested some money in the facilities the place could be a charmer. Way too expensive for what looks like a rat hole. These kind of places cry our for municipal regulation.

When I got there, I was directed to another hostel about 3 minutes from Locanda Rocco called Hostel Ottaviani. The other hostel was good but I didn't appreciate booking for one hostel and told to go somewhere else. I booked for a 4 bed Female dorm but ended up staying at a Mixed dorm, which again I don't appreciate. Location was great, 7 minute walk from station, 5 minute to Duomo, 10 minute to Ponte Vecchio. Wifi barely reached the room. Bathroom could've been cleaner.

Great location. One bathroom is pretty bad (mold,changing water temp.) but the other by the kitchen is okay. Washer leaks mildew. Very secure, 3 locked doors. Check-in is a bit confusing, it is across the street in Hostel Toscana. Has patio communal area.

The room and bathroom was very clean and the location was very good. Walking distance to the train station and most attraction sites. Only downfall, the wifi did not work in the rooms so you could only use in the communal area.

Everything is great. The location is very closed to the main train station and the Duomo. Staffs are quite friendly. The hostel is very clean. A great bathroom with fully facilities. The only inconvenience is that they didn't accept my Italian Resident Permit when checking in, they only accept Passport, although I can use my resident permit in other cities in Italy. They have a free wifi, but just usable in the common area.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Vietnam

The person checking me in was very unkind And had a bad attitude. The rest of the staff was good. good location. A minus for not having a kitchen. Facilities are boring and no common area. Still a decent hostel.

View all Florence Bed and Breakfasts