Locanda Rocco Reviews

Via del Sole 5, Florence, Italy

there is no one at front desk so i have to go 2different location other than its reasonable bc florence it has worst hostel in Europe so my other friend told its like great one??? if you looking for great hostel do not stay at Florence.

Good: bed, shower and location were very good Bad: rude staff and really noisy place

• 26th Sep 2015

Bathroom was dirty. The place is pretty rundown. The directions to the hostel need to be improved, considering how close it actually is to the train station, it took us a very long time to find!

I was put into another hostel without any explanations. It was not bad but also nothing like the hostel I was expecting to staying in.

• 3rd Sep 2015
  • Turkey

We enjoyed our stay in this hostel and liked how well it was integrated into an original residential building. The facilities were overall really good, the only disadvantage was the noise of the street (but there are also rooms which don't face towards the street). Overall, it is a really nice, small accommodation located conveniently between tge train station and the city center. The value for money is really good, so I do recommend it!

The best about this hostel is its location - between the railway station and the city centre (it takes you up to ten minutes to walk to both places). Our room was cosy and clean. BUT both bathrooms were wery old and it was impossible to take a shower without making a flood. Also, to check-in to the hostel one should go to the hotel opposite (Tuscan Hotel). There is no info about this neither on the hostel door, nor at the website. The same with check-in.

The room was cleaned and organized, they offer a bathroom into the room. There is a luggage room, so if you arrive early it can help you. The staff is friendly, but pay attention about the address because they changed it, its not far from the new location, but you have to wait for someone to pick up you. Can be better ask this details before. As they said in the description there is a tax that you have to pay by cash, so pay attention about it. The location is good, near from the main station.

The hostel is in an old house with paintings / frescoed rooms. It is very nice and cozy. The location is great, it is near to the central bus and downtown. I found the bathrooms clean. The only problem was on the last night there was no internet.

The location was fantastic for exploring Florence. You check in at the hotel across the street. The shared kitchenette has a small fridge, a kettle, and a few utensils. There is only one small fan for the four bed dorm so it does get hot at night. The bathrooms tend to get dirty after people showered and ran out of toilet paper often. The hand. soap and dish wash liquid never got replaced, although empty during our entire stay.

Lovely place. It's really weird we have to check in at the hostel opposite (Tuscan Hostel) and stayed in Locanda.

I never actually saw a staff member at the hostel, checked in and out at the hostel across the road. But very good location, walking distance to all the sites and anything you might need as well as very close to the train station. Rooms were relatively cool despite it being 30 degrees plus every day

Was redirected to a different location...nothing special. Wifi sucks and no very good for socializing...spend the few extra bucks

Staff a little bit rude and without patience to explain every detail. No place to lock your bag And the specification of the location isn't clear enough, what makes a little bit difficult to find the hostel. Nice place,and good location

Unbeknownst to me, Locando Rocco is linked to at least one other hostel which is under the same management but in a slightly different location and with different facilities. I found the staff member who checked me in and brought me to Hotel something to be quite rude and impatient. I can't comment on the facilities as I wasn't shown around the hostel/hotel at all but simply shown to my room. The rooms where I was staying were very cramped and poorly ventilated

The place isn't bad. We played move around from building to building while checking in, but once we were checked in everything was fine. They didn't have much of a kitchen though... The location is near the main trains station and close to other sights which was convenient. Overall, a decent place to stay nothing out-of-this-world amazing.

Incredibly hot. "24 hour reception" wasn't there for two hours while I tried to check in. They were very nice and helpful when they were there, but we're hardly ever there. Never given a security locker like I said I would be and the facilities were quite gross - sheets didn't seem clean, mattress seemed dirty, bathrooms were disgusting. It was also not a cheap hostel by a long shot, so I was quite surprised at what I got.

Kitchen facilities would be a great improvement as well as attention to the bathrooms.

Guy with beard was extremely rude to us and one other guest when we first showed up, was very bitter and snappy! Rest of staff were very helpful and nice, I have never experienced such a terrible wifi, have to travel the length of the building to get a connection. Breakfast was 3€ but it was literally cereal and the most processed croissants you will ever eat. Air con was not working in several rooms including ours, so room was way too hot, shower overflows and was genuinely terrible.

I had a great stay here, it's very chilled and the receptionist at the check-in hotel was v friendly. The location is awesome! Would def stay again :-)

I believe Locanda rocco is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. I paid 25 euro for 4 beds and thought it's a bit expensive. But it turns out two people sleep in one room and 2 rooms have one bathroom(4people) which is really clean. It was confusing i needed to go to other building to checkin, but it's located right infront. I loved little terrace and kitchen. Location is the best for travellers and the area is quite. Most of all, it is super clean. Love this hostel!

View all Florence Bed and Breakfasts