Locanda Rocco Reviews

Via del Sole 5, Florence, Italy

The hostel is in an old house with paintings / frescoed rooms. It is very nice and cozy. The location is great, it is near to the central bus and downtown. I found the bathrooms clean. The only problem was on the last night there was no internet.

The location was fantastic for exploring Florence. You check in at the hotel across the street. The shared kitchenette has a small fridge, a kettle, and a few utensils. There is only one small fan for the four bed dorm so it does get hot at night. The bathrooms tend to get dirty after people showered and ran out of toilet paper often. The hand. soap and dish wash liquid never got replaced, although empty during our entire stay.

Lovely place. It's really weird we have to check in at the hostel opposite (Tuscan Hostel) and stayed in Locanda.

I never actually saw a staff member at the hostel, checked in and out at the hostel across the road. But very good location, walking distance to all the sites and anything you might need as well as very close to the train station. Rooms were relatively cool despite it being 30 degrees plus every day

Was redirected to a different location...nothing special. Wifi sucks and no very good for socializing...spend the few extra bucks

Staff a little bit rude and without patience to explain every detail. No place to lock your bag And the specification of the location isn't clear enough, what makes a little bit difficult to find the hostel. Nice place,and good location

Unbeknownst to me, Locando Rocco is linked to at least one other hostel which is under the same management but in a slightly different location and with different facilities. I found the staff member who checked me in and brought me to Hotel something to be quite rude and impatient. I can't comment on the facilities as I wasn't shown around the hostel/hotel at all but simply shown to my room. The rooms where I was staying were very cramped and poorly ventilated

The place isn't bad. We played move around from building to building while checking in, but once we were checked in everything was fine. They didn't have much of a kitchen though... The location is near the main trains station and close to other sights which was convenient. Overall, a decent place to stay nothing out-of-this-world amazing.

Incredibly hot. "24 hour reception" wasn't there for two hours while I tried to check in. They were very nice and helpful when they were there, but we're hardly ever there. Never given a security locker like I said I would be and the facilities were quite gross - sheets didn't seem clean, mattress seemed dirty, bathrooms were disgusting. It was also not a cheap hostel by a long shot, so I was quite surprised at what I got.

Kitchen facilities would be a great improvement as well as attention to the bathrooms.

Guy with beard was extremely rude to us and one other guest when we first showed up, was very bitter and snappy! Rest of staff were very helpful and nice, I have never experienced such a terrible wifi, have to travel the length of the building to get a connection. Breakfast was 3€ but it was literally cereal and the most processed croissants you will ever eat. Air con was not working in several rooms including ours, so room was way too hot, shower overflows and was genuinely terrible.

I had a great stay here, it's very chilled and the receptionist at the check-in hotel was v friendly. The location is awesome! Would def stay again :-)

I believe Locanda rocco is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. I paid 25 euro for 4 beds and thought it's a bit expensive. But it turns out two people sleep in one room and 2 rooms have one bathroom(4people) which is really clean. It was confusing i needed to go to other building to checkin, but it's located right infront. I loved little terrace and kitchen. Location is the best for travellers and the area is quite. Most of all, it is super clean. Love this hostel!

staff was very helpful. location is right across from a bar so its hit or miss on getting a good nights sleep. depending on how loud it gets there. (walls are paper-thin) wish the private for 4 had 4 single beds instead of 2 single beds and one larger one.

• 19th Jun 2015

The facilities were in a state of disrepair. Broken furniture and broken facilities. The floors of both bathrooms were puddled due to shower activity. The showers need more than cheap one Euro curtains. If the owners invested some money in the facilities the place could be a charmer. Way too expensive for what looks like a rat hole. These kind of places cry our for municipal regulation.

When I got there, I was directed to another hostel about 3 minutes from Locanda Rocco called Hostel Ottaviani. The other hostel was good but I didn't appreciate booking for one hostel and told to go somewhere else. I booked for a 4 bed Female dorm but ended up staying at a Mixed dorm, which again I don't appreciate. Location was great, 7 minute walk from station, 5 minute to Duomo, 10 minute to Ponte Vecchio. Wifi barely reached the room. Bathroom could've been cleaner.

Great location. One bathroom is pretty bad (mold,changing water temp.) but the other by the kitchen is okay. Washer leaks mildew. Very secure, 3 locked doors. Check-in is a bit confusing, it is across the street in Hostel Toscana. Has patio communal area.

The room and bathroom was very clean and the location was very good. Walking distance to the train station and most attraction sites. Only downfall, the wifi did not work in the rooms so you could only use in the communal area.

View all Florence Bed and Breakfasts