Locanda Rocco Reviews

Via del Sole 5, Florence, Italy

you arrive to te supposed place, and nobody is in the reception. Then, you have to call a phone number where nobody answers. Moreover, when the man in the reception arrives, he will take you to another place. This is veery extrange. The staff is almost never available, and the internet connection is not good. The showers dont work properly. The place is very cheap, however, I have been in other places by the same price in much better conditions than this hostel. I wont come back again.

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Colombia

The hotel is comfortable, a nice lady in the reception, good location close from the center, but the room was a little cold and there was no hot water in the bathroom after one person took a shower.

Although wifi wad guaranteed it was not working 90% of the times and even when it did work, it was unstable. The wifi connection didn't reach the rooms. We didn't stay in 'Locanda Rocco' itself but probably a partnered hotel called Ottaviani. The beds were comfortable but there was only one power plug inside the room to be shared between 4. There was no luggarge storage in the rooms and one of the bathrooms would always flood with water.

Arriving at this hostel I was refused admittance (despite my reservation) and sent to a hostel across the street which then directed me to a third hostel a few blocks away. Apparently this was the "real" hostel. There was a charge for everything. I mean 3€ for wifi? Which, btw, barley functioned. No lockers for any items; you could leave them in the room or behind the desk. Door locks that were impossible to use. The hostels location was great but it was, at best, a bed - go elsewhere.

The staff was really friendly . And great location Otherwise - it's freezing , very loud, kinda dirty at times. I did not like my stay here at all. The wifi has problems everyday I was there even in the lobby . I am not sure why they don't address these problems , since they seem to be common complaints in reviews here.

Good: clean rooms that were tidied everyday Bad: 2/3 showers had one stream of water

• 10th Dec 2015

Was weird. Found the hostel and rang the buzzer a lady answered and said to wait moment. A man then came to the door from somewhere else, told me to come with him. He took me to another hotel, to confirm my name. Then he took me to another hotel. I was then checked into that place, place was alright. Just a weird experience.

I have reserved a place in Locando Rocco, but they sent me another hostel through the street. New hostel has a good location. But, it has no security - no control when going to room - and room was too small - or has too much beds -. Good place to stay, worth your money, close to city center; but don't except too much.

Location - amazing. Kitchen - amazing. People - amazing. Go for it even if it's 2-3 Euros more than the other hostels, you won't regret it.

Staff isn't very polite, the bedrooms stinks a lot, there's no lockers and they charge you extra money for storage your bag after check out.

Excellent location. You can't cook in there though. It can get very cold, most of the time the heaters are off.

Nice place, you get what you pay for. Close to train station and city centre. Staff weren't really around to answer questions or anything. I only saw them about 3 times in 5 days besides the cleaning crew. No breakfast or washing machines available, contrary to what it says online and in reception. A bit weird being checked in across the street. But no frills cheap place. Nothing particularly bad

I had a great stay at Locanda Rocco. It is VERY close to everything, the staff was friendly, and it was comfortable for the most part. There did seem to be a heating issue while I was there, but honestly I was hardly there because I was out doing stuff! The shower situation should be remedied, it seems kind of dangerous to have slippery water on the floor constantly. Either way, I liked it there, I would stay again. It was a fantastic value.

• 22nd Nov 2015

+: good location (but noisy in weekends), not bad small terrace, inexpensive bar right in front the door, pretty clean -: wifi works badly, there was no towels, we were there in November and it was cold in rooms, shower was impossible to set in exact position, the lockers have no doors

• 14th Nov 2015
  • Russia

staff was so nice

The Hostel was ok. Good location for a cheap price. But there was no really atmosphere in there. The kitchen is horrible also (nothing to cook, no equipment etc)

The location was just great close to the train station and to the city center easy to find.. The staff was very friendly and helped us with everything we asked. we had a great stay there for one night

There are no locked areas in the hostel--you can only leave certain items behind the reception desk (and the receptionist isn't there all the time despite it being 24/7). It is a budget hostel, however. There's only one bathroom as well. The location was great.

there is no one at front desk so i have to go 2different location other than its reasonable bc florence it has worst hostel in Europe so my other friend told its like great one??? if you looking for great hostel do not stay at Florence.

Staff is not very welcoming, wifi is not working at all and you can not fall asleep there because you hear everything from the street.

View all Florence Bed and Breakfasts