Locanda Rocco Reviews

Via del Sole 5, Florence, Italy

I would never stay here again. They crammed three beds into this tiny little room, my bed was a cot. The door was near impossible to lock and gave me the wrong key on the first day. The door into the apartment was hard to open and close fully which resulted in my finding it open numerous times. People downstairs would ring the buzzer a million times in a row to the apartment trying to get in. Bathrooms disgusting. There was no toilet paper for two days even after asking. No soap in the bathroom.

There is no kitchen which is quite inconvenient for such an expensive city, but they have microwave and dishes, so you can actually manage to do something. Incredibly polite receptionist, very helpful as well.

actually when I got there, I was allocated in a place called Pensione Octaviani. but since I had booked a room for 6 and they put me in a room for 4, I had no complaints. very close to the train station and the city center. staff speak bad english. it is not a party hostel (which was good for me).

The shower in our room was broken and we had to remind then there times about it. The room was dirty and the people at reception never seemed to show that they were exactly trilled to be working. The location is good. However very confusing to find the hotel as they have two different buildings!!!! One for reception and another for the rooms. I would go somewhere else for the money your spending!

Its the worst hostel i have ever seen. And we went to hostel but we didnt stay there hostel staff put us another bad hotel and didnt say anything before this situation.

It's nice and great location, easy to find.

Everything was average except location was amazing!

This hostel was ok, had a real nice patio, but you couldn't smoke in it. It's located in an apartment building, so normal conversation in the common room upset the neighbors. Another thing to note, there were tons of mosquitos. Not the hostel's fault, but it was not comfortable at all. Maybe you will luck out, and they will transfer you to one of their other hostels, it was much nicer.

The lock of the door to our room was very old and sometimes it was hard to open or close it. Also 3 of 6 sleeping places were cots that are not very convenient for the normal sleeping. Another problem I had was an air conditioning system that was impossible regulate so I got a cold there. In addition wi-fi signal didn't reach our room. But all that minor issues are completely compensated by the location and price of the hostel that are absolutely perfect

Doesent look like in the internet, the rooms are small, the kitchen contains just a microwave. Bad value for money, for about 20€/night there should be soap in a clean bathroom. The only nice things are the location and the friendly cleaner.

This centrally located room was efficient and very pleasant. Would stay again!

Location was great, it was near enough to the train station (about 5 minutes walk) and to other major attractions (10 to 15 minutes). Cleanliness of toilet was generally ok. Wifi was working well when I was there, and it even worked in the room for me though some of my room mates complained they could not get wifi in the room. Only complaint was on my room mates who came back at 3am drunk and making a scene. Not sure what the hostel can do about this kind of situation though.

Great location. close to train station. You have to go across the street to register so it could be difficult if you are arriving late at night. No one works in the building so it is difficult if you have any questions. The shower shoots water all over the floor in the shared bathroom. The shower curtain is not long enough. This is easy to fix, but it is neglected. Some times it looked like a flood in the bathroom. Limited locker space to lock up valuables. Couldn't do better.

We were changed from one hotel to another so it's a bit confusing in the beginning. But the location of the new place is good, so nothing to complain about. What we don't like are: 1. They charge for lugguage storage which is the first time for me as for all the other over 10 countries I visited, lugguage storage were free. 2. Cannot use the kitchen to cook. Otherwise it's okay place to stay if you cannot find a better one.

The location is perfect, 5 min walking from the main train station. There are a lot of places near to eat. There is a kitchen at the hostel, but there isn't an oven. The check in time was late, when I booked the hostel, it's say at 12, but when I arrived there I should to wait for more 2 hours to do. The staff who attended wasn't too kind. The wifi isn't good. The beds are not comfortable.

View all Florence Bed and Breakfasts