Locanda Silva Reviews

Castello 4423, Venice, Italy

I hope no one complains about anything regarding this hostel. This is probably the best value for money deal you'll get in Venice, which may very well be the priciest city in Italy. Amazing breakfast, really clean rooms, friend staff, recently renovated facilities - i don't think any hostel in Venice is even nearly comparable to Locanda Silva.

Great place to stay! Very clean. Nice staff. Good wifi.

Very expensive for a 1star hotel, it was ok. Just not really worth the money. Yet again, everything in Venice is expensive. Good location.

• 2nd Oct 2015
  • Argentina

Great location, only a 2 minute walk from Piazza San Marco. Booked a single room with a shared bathroom and was pleasantly surprised to find my room had an en suite toilet. The room was basic but clean. Breakfast was included, basic but nice. Good wifi. Staff were friendly and helpful, gave me a map and let me store my bags after check out. More expensive than the hostels off the island but cheap for Venice and worth the extra for the location. Felt safe, perfect if you're travelling alone.

Great Stay

I had a very pleasant stay at this place. I stayed in Standard Single private room with Ensuite. The room was clean and in great condition. The room also had an air conditioner, which was a welcome plus during the hot summer night I was there. The hotel is also a five minute walk to St. Mark's Square.

Lovely place and friendly staff

I will never recommend Locanda da Silva. The room was not very clean and they didn't tell us (untill we were there) that the door of the building would be closed at 3:00 am. So we went to spend Ferragosto weekend in Venice, but we ended up going early to bed because of the closing time. Aditionnally, the price given was for an invidivual bed, athough we were booking a whole room. What a dirty trick to double the price.

• 14th Aug 2015