Loch Ness Backpackers Reviews

Coiltie Farmhouse, East Lewiston, Drumnadrochit, Loch Ness, Scotland

Really wonderful stay. Staff and owner went out of their way to help me, instructing me on the place places to walk and even loaning me a charger for my phone. Highly recommended.

• 6th Jan 2016

the staff was very kind and helpful. it was a very clean hostel and the atmosphere was great

It was great

• 26th Sep 2015
  • Romania

I wouldn't recommend this hostel. We stayed in countless hostels as we cycled from John O' Groats to Land's End and this was the worst. Do yourself a favour and spend a little more money and stay in the inn just up the road.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay here, I do wish you had stated why. I wish you had approached me to see if I could have resolved what you were not happy with. We are the cheapest accommodation and the Inn costs 3 times more, to stay as we are a hostel and not a 5 star hotel

our bedroom was outside the main building, we kill 3 big spiders in the room, mould in the walls, dirty under the bed and behind, smelly bedroom, staff was lovely people, very friendly.

• 11th Sep 2015
  • Spain

Great place with friendly staff and good service. Quiet area and super scenery of nature.

• 30th Aug 2015
  • Poland

Thank you for the lovely review. Hope you come back in the future

One of the best Hostels I have stayed at. A true hostel like they are supposed to be, great atmosphere, people from all walks of life and great host/staff. Wonderful place to get away from the hustle and crowd.

• 28th Aug 2015

Nice hostel and perfectly situated along the Great Glen Way.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Glad you enjoyed the area

The common area, the kitchen and the room were very good, the toilets and showers were outside and not very good. If there were another ones inside, they didn't show us.

• 15th Aug 2015

We do state at the check in about the other facilities you can use. However we do give out a lot of other information at the same time. I will put up signs in the future. Thank you for writing the review

Mediocre stay. Hostel is neither near the lake nor near the town. Door isn't working well, toilet isn't enough to accommodate the number of occupants. Kitchen is simple and small. However the dining hall is big.

We are the closest hostel to the castle and the Loch. The walk is 10 minutes through a lovely wood by a river to the Loch. The nearest shop is located 300m away and a supermarket is about 700m a short but pleasant 5 minute walk. The beauty of the hostel is it is located centrally for 2 bars /hotels and restaurants and a lovely cafe all within a 5 minute walk.There are 2 toilet and shower areas and another set of toilets in the bar area. Which exceeds our requirement for beds.