Loch Ness Backpackers Reviews

Coiltie Farmhouse, East Lewiston, Drumnadrochit, Loch Ness, Scotland

The staff weren't very helpful, they didn't speak English and were very rude and loud. The staircase was ridiculous to get up with luggage. It was very dark and dingy. I would not stay here again or recommend.

I had an amazing time. It was completely empty so I got to have a night of reading, drinking wine and not having to see another person for hours and hours which is exactly what I wanted. The owner can tell you anything you need to know and the location is great for all the little hikes and excursions you could want. I climbed, I hiked, I walked, I relaxed. It was perfect.

Really enjoed our stay in Loch Ness Backpackers!! Thank you so much for everything: for hospitality, advice and provided facilities!! The best place ti stay! and the best place overall during our trip to Scotland!

Super-friendly staff and wonderful quiet location, yet very convenient to grocery store and to Loch Ness boat trip offerings and Urquhart Castle. As we were traveling by car, we were very happy to have free parking right outside! Centrally located to explore east to Inverness or west to Fort William.

I'm glad i only stayed for one night. The dorms are in outside outbuildings almost like converted horse stables! The heating is controlled automaticaly on a timer and went off during the night - the room was freezing in the morning. No carpet, cold floor. No atmosphere, even in the main house. It has a bar, but it never seems to be open. Not a nice place to stay.....it could be so much better!!

We Cannot justify opening the bar when we only have a few guests in as bar staff can stand around all night to sell 2 drinks. When you check in the staff show you a map with all the local hotels and bars , the closest bar and restaurant only a 200 metre walk from the hostel. The heating control in the room is controlled by the guests in the dorm room it is on from 4pm at night until 10am next day. Low season is quieter I cannot control that.

everything about the hostel was good, except the other people I was traveling with and I, didn't like that there is a shared guys and girls bathroom where you're all using it at once