Lochranza Youth Hostel Reviews

Lochranza, Isle of Arran, Scotland

A lovely friendly hostel with great staffing. The kitchen would be very crowded if a lot of people wanted to cook but it worked OK during my stay. A clearly marked place for dry and chilled food would be useful but this of course would require some supervision so may not be feasible. It was very helpful that I could leave my stuff in the hostel and collect it (and change out of extremely wet clothes!) later even though I'd 'checked out' earlier in the day. Thanks for a fun stay!

• 4th Oct 2015

Very enjoyable stay, only for one night. Arrived late, the guy on the desk was nice, good self catering area which gives you the chance to meet other guests. I met some lovely ones! I cycled up from Brodick & knew the distance so location was fine for me. Also bike storage so I could sleep easy.

Tacky charging for wifi

Very well run with a happy communal atmosphere. It was fun watching the deer and squirrels through the dining room window too! The managers were very helpful with planning our itinerary too.

• 16th Aug 2015

Hi the hostel was fine staff were very dour and not helpful. The shower in our room was very luke warm but clean with fresh towels breakfast was fine and we enjoyed it. Don't think I would go back though.

• 13th Aug 2015