Lochranza Youth Hostel Reviews

Lochranza, Isle of Arran, Scotland

PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY THE WARDEN CHARGED US £12 LESS THAN WHEN WE BOOKED ON LINE. WE ARE BOTH SENIOR MEMBERS OF SYHA.. WE HAVE BOOKED SIX DAYS NEXT JUNE, AGAIN ON LINE. CAN WE AGAIN ANTICIPATE A REFUND. I AM RATHER CONFUSED.

Lovely staff, great location. Bike shed was appreciated. Recommended.

• 1st Sep 2014

The location is beautiful the deer grazing outside was an added bonus.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Upon arrival, at 10am (the time I indicated I'd be arriving), I was told I could not check in until 5pm. The person at reception looked shocked at my "early" arrival and told me I'd need to come back. I was told check out was at 10am therefore the room would not be ready. That is understandable, but not stated anywhere. I come back at 5pm to check in and have to make our own beds I've stayed in many hostels, this is fine, I just question what the staff are doing all day between 10am-5pm.

lovely hostel, friendly and helpful staff

• 25th Jul 2014

Pleasantly surprised at standard of accommodation having not stayed at a youth hostel for over 30 years. It has of course just been refurbished. Would certainly recommend.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Scotland

I very much appreciate the hostel's commitment to both Fairtrade and recycling. Staff were helpful and reassuring. Gorgeous place to stay.

• 16th Jun 2014

Great place, deers are nearby, even in the hostel grounds, seals are also not to far... And the scenic castle right in front! I also liked the female dorm, which had a handwasher within!

A special thanks to Jan who arranged an early breakfast on 8/6/14 to enable me( a cyclist) to leave early for Brodick in view of an adverse weather forecast .

• 6th Jun 2014