Locomotive Light Hostel Reviews

Baross Ter 2, Budapest, Hungary

This hostel is very conveniently located near the train station. However, there are mannequins everywhere covered in underwear which was pretty creepy, the atmosphere was horrible - we felt like we had to whisper all the time, and the staff member didn't make us feel very uncomfortable. The bathrooms are nice, but the kitchen wasn't clean and some of the appliances didn't work. I would never go back.

• 4th Feb 2016

Great place to stay, friendly staff, good location for trains at a reasonable price.

I loved this Hostel. It's very nice and i felt at home. It's small but very welcoming. It's a good place to stay some days. Not a Hostel for all kinds of people but if you like different things it's the right place.

• 6th Jan 2016
  • Portugal

If you wanna stay near the keleti station this is the place for you. In the center of the city, close to pretty much everything in Budapest and also very friendly staff...

We stayed at this hostel over new year's. Super friendly staff, nice location and everything we needed!

Plus: location is great Nice free towels Free coffee and tea Minus: The hostel has manikins all over, kind of scary at night. Met two of the staff member, one of which was very nice, the older one was not a people person

Great location for staying near keleti. Eveything spot on, just the wooden stairs could squeak a bit less.

It was nice to stay at this hostel.

• 27th Dec 2015
  • Slovenia

Staff was friendly and knowledge! Helped us a lot and loved the place!

• 28th Nov 2015

Simply the best hostel in Eastern Europe I've ever been. Next time will definitely stay there!

Hard to find but once you get there it does the job. Very helpful staff. Didn't have a great experience in Budapest but would recommend this place to anyone who just wants a bed and a roof over their head.

Very good hostel in great location , people there are very friendly and ready to help

one of the most interesting hostels i've stayed at. front desk is funny and friendly..we had a great chat about lots of random things while checking in! helped me look for trains and even info on a small town in romania i was going to and gave me a bunch of insight into my hungarian/romanian family history. right next to the train and 24hr shop. close to jewish quarter. room had a weird cabin feel with two floors. creaky steps but i didn't mind. comfy bed, good outlets, good shower. recommend!!!

Great, very friendly stuff. Good location.Good atmosphere,and energy. Great value for the money. Very clean.👌👍

• 9th Oct 2015
  • Croatia

Good hostel. Very clean. Cozy dorm with only a few beds. Highly recommended. The reference to the Canon sign on the directions is confusing as I could never find it. Just follow the rest of the instructions regarding going to the left edge of the square in front of Keleti PU and looking for the bank and you'll get there. Hostel is very secure and you get your own lockers as well as unlimited free tea, coffee and hot chocolate.

The is a very very basic hostel. The bed and linen are below what other hostels have to offer, but it is OK if you are just staying for one night because you need to catch the train from Budapest Keleti train station the next morning. I got to the hostel hostel around 11 pm but the staff was there to show me around.

In fact, we requested a room for 2 people, and got A FULL APPARTMENT !!! For 15Eur a night for two people, that crazy deal ... Staff were very welcoming, but after that we were not in an "hostel" per se (no common room, etc ...), but the whole appt was very well equiped and well located as well (not far from the center, on the main street of Budapest)

I chose this hostel because it is right next to the train station. It was a comfortable place. I was in a dorm that had two floors and to get to the top floor one had to go up a circular staircase that was incredibly noisy and wakes everyone. Because of the location I would stay again.

All in all it was very pleasant experience. No complaints.

Four of the beds in the six-bed dorm are on a second mezzanine connected with a really squeaky staircase. The doors are really squeaky too, so in general it just wasn't possible to move around without making a lot of noise. So good earplugs is a must-have! Having that, I slept really well, and only woke up a few times during my three nights. A large locker under my bed could fit my entire 70 L backpack. Wifi was fast and stable. Friendly staff.