Locomotive Light Hostel Reviews

Baross Ter 2, Budapest, Hungary

The owner of hostel is very nice! I stated only one night at this hostel because of the train but he told me very kindly and let me know many sightseeings and gourmet restaurants. I just followed his recommended routes and it was perfect! Moreover, my train time was 11p.m but he allowed me to stay hostel until the departure. The hostel was just 2 minutes from the train station. If you want to go to the hostel directly as soon as you arrive at Budapest, then this hostel will be a perfect option!

This is a fantastic hostel. It is in one of those atmospheric enormous townhouses with a courtyard. I was in a split level dorm. Plenty of personal space. Staff very friendly and helpful. Very handy location for the train station. Walking distance to town. Big plus is that you are away from the noisy party district. I would definitely stay here again.

Good value for money. Conveniently located near the train station and metro. The staff was friendly and very willing to share information about the city.

Our staying was really nice. Good location, nice staff and nice place.

А very nice and cool hostel. We've got an apartment in the center of Budapest as a twin private room. And it was really great! We really enjoyed staying in the hostel!

I am very likely to recommend this hostel to everybody who is planning to visit Budapest. Me myself, I stayed in the hostel twice and I am ready to book a bed there again, next time Im in Budapest. :-) Hostel fulfilled and even overreached all my expectations. Thanks for all the precious info and help :-)

• 18th Dec 2013
  • Slovakia

Location convenient if you want to be close to the Main Train Station, but about a 25 minute walk to main attractions. Not too bad though. The guy that worked was really sweet with valuable information. The shower was really nice. Only thing is the Mannequins everywhere! They need to go! :-)

• 7th Nov 2013

The staff was excellent. Very kind and consderate. He gave me all the information I needed including travel in Romania and football game in Budapest. And let me use washing machine. I forgot to ask his name, but he may know me from my nationality. Thanks for all your help.