Locomotive Light Hostel Reviews

Baross Ter 2, Budapest, Hungary

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. Staff are very friendly and helpful; the place is well maintained and also very secure. Would definitely stay here again.

• 26th Aug 2015

my ONLY complaint: please put some oil on the door hinges, so you can open and close the doors quietly - especially impostant at night! Otherwise really nice, would go back.

Only stayed for a night but it was a great stay. Had just been to a festival so clean facilities and a comfy bed was great

A very good atmosphere,you really feel like home. The staff is always ready to help and give you advice ! A nice place to stay

• 13th Aug 2015

We had a nice time and the place was nice but it could use a bit more cleanliness (e.g. cleaner sheets, less dust and hair on the floors :) ). The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Croatia

I stayed 2 nights at this hostel with a group of girls, to be honest we were a little worried when we arrived as the gates looked a bit scary and the lift was a bit dodgy! however, once we settled in, it was very cosy, they only have 4 rooms and the owner very friendly. The place was a bit tricky to find as there are no obvious signs... overall a very enjoyable stay, lovely people, we felt safe at this hostel and only 10 minute taxi ride to the nightlife. Don't judge a book by it's cover :)

• 6th Aug 2015

1st and foremost - the staff , Silar, was very friendly and nice. He was an excellent host and greeted us well and provided us tips to get around the city. The hostel is located very close to the Budapest-Keleti train station. We had taken a double room which turned out to be an apartment, warm and cozy and located well in the area where all the nightlife is. The room was big and comfortable. I had a nice experience staying here and for sure would come back again.

The host was very very friendly and always present when needed, whether at 23 pm or 6 am.

Good hostel. A bit too quiet and secluded for Budapest. Far walk from central. There are three train stations in Budapest so this doesn't necessarily make it too convenient when departing except it is close to metro. Overall I might look for something a bit more central but it was not bad by any means. Has everything you need.

well it was a nice room/apartment for me to stay for a night. I didn't need much than that, just a simple, clean room. staff was helpful all the time

Hostel is right down the street from the train station which is great. Is walkable to some attractions. Also a metro stop right there. Luggage storage is in the staffs hangout area and untouched. Staff is helpful. There is a computer in the "lobby" but it's ancient. Kitchen is nice and had free coffee and tea. Not noisy at night.

Great for late night arrivals and/or early morning departures. Very clean hostel. Feels like you're right at home. The owner was really nice, right away giving me a map of the city, highlighting points of interest. I would stay again.

I stayed here 2 nights to be close to Golden Park Hotel which is literally 3mins away, so perfect location for me. Shower is good & bed in shared dorm very comfy. Only ever 2-3 other people in the room, I think I would have been uncomfortable if all 6 beds were taken. The owner/manager was great- offered LOADS of tips & info about the area. Hungarian restaurant round the corner was lovely :) I recommend this place!

This hostel is very cosy. The location is very close to the Budapest Keleti Train Station. The description of the location is also very useful and easy to find. The owner was friendly and he also allowed us to put our luggage for a few hours before we check out.

Staff member made condescending comments about Americans after I told him this is where I am from.

I do not know what kind of condescending comments made the staff, but I see, instead of words, you could clarify the situation, only with this bad rating . So far, I thought there is no connection between the spoken words and the cleanliness, the location, the security, the facilities, but now I can see, that there is, when I see your given points. Maybe the staff knew it in advance? Anyway, thank you for your stay! Owner

The staff was really nice, very helpful and friendly. He helped us telling what to see in the city. But the facilities are quite old. Still, you pay for what you have.

Great place, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Very clean and located very close to the train station. I'd go back for sure.

Special thanks to receptionist, who handled my typical chaotic dealing with everything. And very cozy rooms made me feel like I was in my home.

Excellent place to stay. Had very nice apartment reasonable cost. Note apartments not at the hostel but will walk you over. Apartment on subway line. Manager went out of his way let us use his phone to call American Airlines in USA about our tickets since AA number in Europe was out of service. Speaks good English. Good information about the city and country. Would stay again. Would send friends. Apartment area good for bars but a bit of noise at nights. But can close windows

The hostel was great. Lovely location - we could see the train station from our window. It was perfect for us. Would definitely consider returning. It only took 20 minutes on the airport shuttle once i got on. The only problem was when we arrived there was no reply at the buzzer at the door. (I think there was a mixup with our check in time.) But we came back little later and there was no problem. We come through Budapest regularly so it was perfect for breaking up our journey.

• 12th Apr 2015