Locomotive Light Hostel Reviews

Baross Ter 2, Budapest, Hungary

Great place, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Very clean and located very close to the train station. I'd go back for sure.

Special thanks to receptionist, who handled my typical chaotic dealing with everything. And very cozy rooms made me feel like I was in my home.

Excellent place to stay. Had very nice apartment reasonable cost. Note apartments not at the hostel but will walk you over. Apartment on subway line. Manager went out of his way let us use his phone to call American Airlines in USA about our tickets since AA number in Europe was out of service. Speaks good English. Good information about the city and country. Would stay again. Would send friends. Apartment area good for bars but a bit of noise at nights. But can close windows

The hostel was great. Lovely location - we could see the train station from our window. It was perfect for us. Would definitely consider returning. It only took 20 minutes on the airport shuttle once i got on. The only problem was when we arrived there was no reply at the buzzer at the door. (I think there was a mixup with our check in time.) But we came back little later and there was no problem. We come through Budapest regularly so it was perfect for breaking up our journey.

• 12th Apr 2015

Because of the size and small staff number, this hostel isn't really run like a hostel. Good! Easily the nicest atmosphere and staff I met travelling around Europe. The layout of the rooms and reception (with the owners' bed built into the reception area) are very different to a hotel, and the rooms are uniquely decorated. I'm already recommending to my friends; the whole point of travelling is new experience, and this definitely felt like one, instead of just another place to stay!

• 7th Apr 2015

A small, cozy, place to stay. The flors are totaly decorated so that it takes a while to recognise the Details. The guy working in the reception is nearly allways avaiable to give you some advice about the the hungrian culture and the other countries around. It´s usually quite during the night, so that you might have no problems to sleep.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Very cosy place and nice welcoming staff! A funny happening: the person from the staff who brought us to our room gave some suggestions where to eat and have a drink for the first evening in Budapest. Than we met some local friends who wanted to take us to eat Gulasch... they took us in the same place as the guy suggest us!!!! Very good!

• 3rd Apr 2015

We spent a great time at lokomotive light hostel. The owner was very kind with me and my friends and gave us help to do many things in budapest. He was all the time ready to help. The hostel is warm an located in a very good place. Close to the railway station, shopping center, cheap restaurants and many clubs for going out in the night are located many steps from the hostel. Is a quiet place to sleep and rest after the Day visitting the city. Locomotive...10 points!

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Spain

The man, Silar, who was managing the hostel was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was relaxed and cosy, the beds comfortable, boxes to lock your belongings, kitchen facilities, and good location for getting about town. All for about 7 quid a night, couldn't ask for better really. Would definately recommend to friends.

• 29th Mar 2015

Everything was perfect. The guy helped us a lot on everything!!! Thanx a lot...

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Turkey

This was my 2nd stay at Locomotive Light. The location is great if coming or going by train, and it's right on the Metro line. Reception was extremely friendly and helpful. I'll definitely be back the next time I get to Budapest.

• 2nd Feb 2015

Hostel was comfortable and clean, but a bit basic. If you are looking for a quiet, affordable place to stay in Budapest for a few days this is it! The man checks you in is extremely nice and accommodating, he takes time to go over a city map pointing out the best bars, places to eat, and what sights to see. Coffee and tea are provided with full access to kitchen.

Cool atmosphere , friendly staff , location is perfect for coming budapest kelete tren station. You can chosee

Very friendly staff and gave us good suggestions. Close to train station and clean rooms.

Great host. Location is right next to train station. Feels like you are staying with friends, not staying in a hostel.

The location is excellent if you are arriving by train and want something within easy walking distance. It's pretty far from most of the major attractions, but there are trams nearby and it's not too bad of a walk to get most places. The hostel has a very homey vibe, as the dorm-style bedroom is actually a loft with beds scattered around the room. Cleanliness and facilities were pretty standard, the man working during my stay was very helpful and friendly, generally good for the price.

I stayed at Locomotive Light hostel 1 night. It was short. This hostel is small so It was hard to find the gate of hostel. If you go there you need to ring the bell. Anyway, although, the facilities are not refined and old, the owner of hostel, Thomas is very kind. I was going to stay there for 2nights, but unexpectly, I couldn't. So he recommended the best way how can I enjoy the night view of Budapest. I really felt that want to stay more. So If I go to Budapest again I'll stay here.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

The owner is kind, friendly and knowledgeable, very nice to talk to. The location is excellent, right next to the train station, though initially it might be a bit tricky to find as the sign on the door was kinda small. The ambiance is warm and cozy, the beds are comfortable.

Host was amazing.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Singapore

Great location near the train station. Hostel was clean and room was nice. Great option if you are looking for something close to the train station.