Locomotive Light Hostel Reviews

Baross Ter 2, Budapest, Hungary

The stuff are super nice and helpful! It's very near the train station and just next to two metro lines which is very convenient! Yet the district may not be very safe but normally is fine. Get a locker and little table for each bed which is friendly. Beds are close to each other while unless you are sleeping with a strange in different gender in the middle which basically the beds are put tgt and sadly it happened to me, otherwise it's acceptable. Shower is powerful tho flooding may happen.

This place was sweet! Right beside the train station and near lots of transit to take you anywhere in the city. The two that own the place are sweet and helpful, the guy helped us figure out the best way to get to Split and was extremely knowledgable. Free coffee doesn't hurt either. If you're looking for cheap/convenient hostel, this is your place.

I loved the interior decorations and the whole atmosphere. Location is perfect, especially if you're travelling via Keleti train station. The guy working there was really relaxed and pleasant. :) Minor minus goes to the cleanliness of the part with the shower.

The rooms are packed with beds so there is not much space between them. My bed was only 5cm away from my neighbor's which is less than the minimum of 50cm. Also the cooling is sorted out with fans that are placed behind the bed blowing at you while you sleep. I had hard time sleeping and was afraid to catch a cold from it. The location is good and the staff is friendly and helpful plus security is decent too. It is cheap but there's also no atmosphere for fun or relax, so its only for sleeping.

Locomotiv hostel was such a great place! Location was perfect - you can get anywhere! The staff off locomotiv is so friendly and helpful that you feel like home :) wwe defenietly would regommend this place at anytime

It was lovely hostel and a great one night stop between travelling very relaxed and such friendly staff would definitely stay here again:-)

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Wales

nice hostel, cheap, good place and wery frieendly man

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

it was a very comfortable and nice place that made me enjoyed my stay

• 31st May 2014
  • Greece

Staff is very kindly and good!!!!!

Very satisfied. Maximum for that price.

• 22nd May 2014
  • Serbia

It is right by the main train station and subway, so it is very easy to get around. The guy was super nice. I would recommend other to stay. Let me keep my bag for extra day.

The staff is very helpful and even could advise us where to change money at a good rate besides advising us how to find the hostel in an easy to understand way. The hostel is so near to the main railway station and equipped with a small kitchen facility.

One block from train station and metro. Gocery store 2 blocks away. Neigborhood not a tourist area but okay if you use public transportation which is fast and cheap.

Really happy with my choice to stay here, good location all round and very friendly/helpful staff. Although only stayed one night for a train departure we could have easily stayed longer, maybe next time?

The owner of hostel is very nice! I stated only one night at this hostel because of the train but he told me very kindly and let me know many sightseeings and gourmet restaurants. I just followed his recommended routes and it was perfect! Moreover, my train time was 11p.m but he allowed me to stay hostel until the departure. The hostel was just 2 minutes from the train station. If you want to go to the hostel directly as soon as you arrive at Budapest, then this hostel will be a perfect option!

This is a fantastic hostel. It is in one of those atmospheric enormous townhouses with a courtyard. I was in a split level dorm. Plenty of personal space. Staff very friendly and helpful. Very handy location for the train station. Walking distance to town. Big plus is that you are away from the noisy party district. I would definitely stay here again.

Good value for money. Conveniently located near the train station and metro. The staff was friendly and very willing to share information about the city.