Locomotive Light Hostel Reviews

Baross Ter 2, Budapest, Hungary

Locomotive was great for a 2 night stay and is extremely close to the train station which is perfect if you have luggage. The atmosphere is really rustic and a true backpackers hostel. It is not pristine, but the rugged atmosphere makes for a great way to meet other travelers and the owners are incredibly helpful.

It was a really delightful hostel with a very passionate staff. It is cheap and close to the train station with a great cosy atmosphere. I wish I could stay there longer because the two ´pop-up´ hostels in Budapest I have been to afterwards were terrible.

The stuff are super nice and helpful! It's very near the train station and just next to two metro lines which is very convenient! Yet the district may not be very safe but normally is fine. Get a locker and little table for each bed which is friendly. Beds are close to each other while unless you are sleeping with a strange in different gender in the middle which basically the beds are put tgt and sadly it happened to me, otherwise it's acceptable. Shower is powerful tho flooding may happen.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

This place was sweet! Right beside the train station and near lots of transit to take you anywhere in the city. The two that own the place are sweet and helpful, the guy helped us figure out the best way to get to Split and was extremely knowledgable. Free coffee doesn't hurt either. If you're looking for cheap/convenient hostel, this is your place.

I loved the interior decorations and the whole atmosphere. Location is perfect, especially if you're travelling via Keleti train station. The guy working there was really relaxed and pleasant. :) Minor minus goes to the cleanliness of the part with the shower.

Staff here are exceptionally helpful and friendly, could not fault them in any way. Such a quirky little hostel would def go back again 😃

The rooms are packed with beds so there is not much space between them. My bed was only 5cm away from my neighbor's which is less than the minimum of 50cm. Also the cooling is sorted out with fans that are placed behind the bed blowing at you while you sleep. I had hard time sleeping and was afraid to catch a cold from it. The location is good and the staff is friendly and helpful plus security is decent too. It is cheap but there's also no atmosphere for fun or relax, so its only for sleeping.

Locomotiv hostel was such a great place! Location was perfect - you can get anywhere! The staff off locomotiv is so friendly and helpful that you feel like home :) wwe defenietly would regommend this place at anytime

It was lovely hostel and a great one night stop between travelling very relaxed and such friendly staff would definitely stay here again:-)

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Wales

The hostel itself was great and the staff incredibly helpful and friendly. He even helped me out with some tips for my next place to visit which was Bucharest and advice on night trains, which ATMs to use, and things to avoid. The location truly depends on how you travel. For example, I walked everywhere and I didn't mind at all walking for around 20 - 25 minutes to the city center. I like to have hostels close to train stations that way checking in and leaving my bag are the first things I do.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

nice hostel, cheap, good place and wery frieendly man

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

it was a very comfortable and nice place that made me enjoyed my stay

• 31st May 2014
  • Greece

Staff is very kindly and good!!!!!

Very satisfied. Maximum for that price.

• 22nd May 2014
  • Serbia

Great Hostel! Owner was a legend! Came during the floods so I was the only one there, but highly recommend!

It is right by the main train station and subway, so it is very easy to get around. The guy was super nice. I would recommend other to stay. Let me keep my bag for extra day.

The staff is very helpful and even could advise us where to change money at a good rate besides advising us how to find the hostel in an easy to understand way. The hostel is so near to the main railway station and equipped with a small kitchen facility.

One block from train station and metro. Gocery store 2 blocks away. Neigborhood not a tourist area but okay if you use public transportation which is fast and cheap.

1 2 Next » last »