Locomotive Light Hostel Reviews

Baross Ter 2, Budapest, Hungary

The staff was really nice, very helpful and friendly. He helped us telling what to see in the city. But the facilities are quite old. Still, you pay for what you have.

Great place, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Very clean and located very close to the train station. I'd go back for sure.

Special thanks to receptionist, who handled my typical chaotic dealing with everything. And very cozy rooms made me feel like I was in my home.

Excellent place to stay. Had very nice apartment reasonable cost. Note apartments not at the hostel but will walk you over. Apartment on subway line. Manager went out of his way let us use his phone to call American Airlines in USA about our tickets since AA number in Europe was out of service. Speaks good English. Good information about the city and country. Would stay again. Would send friends. Apartment area good for bars but a bit of noise at nights. But can close windows

The hostel was great. Lovely location - we could see the train station from our window. It was perfect for us. Would definitely consider returning. It only took 20 minutes on the airport shuttle once i got on. The only problem was when we arrived there was no reply at the buzzer at the door. (I think there was a mixup with our check in time.) But we came back little later and there was no problem. We come through Budapest regularly so it was perfect for breaking up our journey.

• 12th Apr 2015

Because of the size and small staff number, this hostel isn't really run like a hostel. Good! Easily the nicest atmosphere and staff I met travelling around Europe. The layout of the rooms and reception (with the owners' bed built into the reception area) are very different to a hotel, and the rooms are uniquely decorated. I'm already recommending to my friends; the whole point of travelling is new experience, and this definitely felt like one, instead of just another place to stay!

• 7th Apr 2015