Lodge 96 Reviews

96 Langenhoven Road, Oudtshoorn, South Africa

Full ashtrays laying around and outside bin overflowing. Staff seamed lazy with regard to doing anything but did try and help you where they could. Padlocked gate to get in so a reasonably safe car park but no lockers in the dorms. Kitchen had good facilities (inc oven) and was clean, just need to tighten their saucepan handles!

We booked an ensuite twinn but there was a bath without shower so finally we have to share. The kitchen and the utensils were very dirty so we couldn't cook.

We don't have an ensuite twin so it's not possible you booked one! I offered to put another bed in the room but you replied 'it's fine, it's my sister anyway & we're used to sharing'. We had another room with shower but you said the bath option was fine. And you walked into my personal kitchen whilst I was making dinner which is why I showed you the spotlessly clean guest kitchen earlier in the day. Luckily you did seem to enjoy the magnificent restaurant I booked for you after you asked me to.

Matt is a wonderful host and a great cook - the dogs contribute to the good atmosphere. Plus, you get discounts for lots of interesting sights and tours nearby. Really nice hostel, go get some olives, fresh bread and honey at the olive shop across the road and/ or some delicious Belgian chocolate next door.

Hi there, Thank you very much for your comments. It was really a pleasure to have you both here. You guys were good fun and good company. I hope you had a fantastic time the rest of your trip. And thanks in the name of the dogs too!! Regards, Matt & Rosa

Staff extremely friendly and helpful, great hostel for what it is.