Rating 377 Total Reviews
Rating 377 Total Reviews
Lodge In The City Located at 152 Taranaki Street, Te Aro, Wellington.
New Zealand
Wellington 152 Taranaki Street, Te Aro
57% 377
-41.2955384 174.7769075
    Rooms available

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
28th May 2016
5.7

Other than the friendly staff and cheap rates; Lodge in the City isn't somewhere I will stay again. It has a bit of a seedy vibe and is really run down. The stench of cigarette smoke and filthy carpet throughout; people loitering around the entrance; condom wrapper on the mattress and tired facilities weren't very welcoming. Light switches in a convenient place would be a good idea for those arriving at night. No doubt those "out of order" signs are permanent. Not a good look. Disappointi

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
28th May 2016

Everyone was friendly and overall a good stay but one of the windows couldn't be shut (and it was windy and raining) and when we notified a staff member we were told it would be fixed but it wasn't. I imagine they were just busy though :)

• Australia, Female, 25-30
15th May 2016

I was a bit upset that I had to pay for WiFi, only minimal but still. This changed when I entered the lounge room with tv and movies on it. This is a far better way to entertain yourself as you interact with people and aren't looking down at phone or laptop. I felt welcome there and gave a sense of home being there (even if it was just for one night). Thank you to the guests. Staff were helpful too, even signing out at 4am.

• New Zealand, Male, 41+
12th May 2016
3.4

I have lived in wellington on and off for about 17 years and over that time i have stayed at lodge in the city several times so they should have my details on file yet when i got there the other night i had forgotten my ID, so the arrogant staff on the front desk would not book me in and turned me away.I spent 2 hours wandering the city to find accommodation LITC are more than happy to take the money off my credit card without providing a service and i will never stay there again ever

23rd Apr 2016
6.3

Ohhh Lodge in the City. A seedy haven, like an island of misfit toys, a band of crusaders who binge-drink into the wee hours amongst tattered amenities. Great location, weird people, amazing people, it's a must-stay in Wellington for at least one night of memorable madness.

• Netherlands, Mixed Group, 18-24
20th Apr 2016
3.7

This is without a doubt the worst hostel we've ever stayed in. I've never felt so unsafe in a hostel, it was the 'hood'. I truly am surprised that the building hasn't been shut down yet as the place is rotting. Shower cubicle leaking, mold all around, ceiling tiles falling off revealing mold underneath. Matrasses are as thin as the duvets and the pillows half of that. If you are a young female travelling alone, DO NOT VISIT. Keep all valuables on you. Spend the extra dollar on a better

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
1st Apr 2016
3.7

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! It's cheap for a reason. My room has a hole in the ceiling and when it rained outside, it rained inside. Making the entire day smell of damp. There's nothing good about this hostel. I would be ashamed to even work here!

• New Zealand, Male, 31-40
25th Mar 2016

Excellent Service.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
18th Mar 2016
4.6

The Lodge in the City was one of the worst places I have ever stayed. Very dirty. Rooms, showers kitchen everything was disgusting! The staff were friendly and the location of the building was great. I only paid $23 to stay here so I guess I got my moneys worth. Glad I didn't have to stay here longer.

• England, Female, 18-24
15th Mar 2016
4.3

This was literally the worst hostel I have ever stayed in, and I've stayed in lots of hostels and i'm not fussy! Full of long term people and a few families, very weird vibe none of the facilities worked, my room was overbooked so when I came back someone was in my bed, really weird atmosphere, cheap but definately worth spending a few more dollars to avoid this place!