Lodge In The City Reviews

152 Taranaki Street, Te Aro, Wellington, New Zealand

The rooms smelled dirty, there was a bloodstain on the floor, the bar was closed at all times, there was a smashed window, the door did not close properly, there were no lockers in the room and the showers we're disgusting. But I guess that what you pay is what you get. For 18 dollars a night I didn't expect to get a nice and clean hostel.

The door was open 24/7 which felt a little bit wierd. The kitchen wasnt very clean

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Sweden

I may not have had a full judgement as I was only at Lodge in the City for a night. But when I arrived there were a bunch of people just drinking and smoking right at the entrance to the hostel, which was very dirty. It also didn't have any way of keeping non-guests out. The staff member on duty was actually very nice, and the room was nice enough, although quite grubby with thin mattresses (accessed by key card -$5 deposit) Pay an extra $5 for a different hostel in Wellington!

The hostel is large with a friendly atmosphere. Lots to do if you have some spare time as well.

• 22nd Mar 2014

For the cheapest hostel in Wellington I expected worse. Cons: you have to pay for $5 for internet per day, it's not very clean and there isn't any lockers to keep your stuff safe. Pros: there is a huge kitchen, tv, dining room and gaming room.

They don't have cleaner. The receptions stuffs cleans in the night, but anyway at 6.30am the kitchen is dirty and the sink already full with unwashed dishes. Also bathrooms are not clean and the 4bed-dorm which I bookesd was a 6 beddorm, they put a bunkbed more inside. no space for backpack and no lockers available. this is poor and I recommend everyone don't to stay in wellington. This hostel is the worst hostel which I stayed in 10month of travelling around the world.

• 3rd Mar 2014

I read the poor reviews but had no where else to stay. Everything I previously read was true: messing up the booking, charging me more, constant drunk people ( I had to climb over people laying in the front door drinking), lights out, dirty, loud, and I may have gotten bed bugs there. Don't stay unless you want to party with drunk people under age 22.

Carpets and bathrooms were dirty.A Fire alarm ripped out in the room. There was always plenty of hot water for a shower.

• 11th Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

This was a real MONKEYHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PARTY on time. Nothing for real travellers. I will keep all peoples away from you!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloodstained bed sheets upon arrival, Kitchen was disgusting even for hostel standards with lack of crockery and utensils, fridge leaked all manners of rotting juices all over the food in the fridge and the floor which was never cleaned up. The filth of the kitchen shows you how the cleaning staff gave up all hope on the place. The hostel is cheap but in no way is it value for money. Avoid this place like the plague it is disgusting.

• 23rd Nov 2013

good atmosphere, cool people, too expensive, but cheapest