Lodge In The City Reviews

152 Taranaki Street, Te Aro, Wellington, New Zealand

not safe gve us the room rm# and crd bt u cn open and closed without the crd happens to us 4 times been running up and down trying to sort our room i ws tired as coz i ran down to tl her and gve us another rm faild coz the rm no# she gve us ws olready taken bt she cme and opend it and said its wrking and we tl her that theres a lady cme out frm that room. and gve us another one it ws good bt wen we n bed redy to slp 1 of the lady opend it and said oh is this rm taken? lucky shes not a STRANGER!

• 1st Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

The hostel was very dirty. Usally I just need a bed and a shower. That's it. I can sleep everywhere. But this one was dirty and disgusting. Don't pick it just for saving 5 Dollars if you don't have to. Believe me, I thought i could handle it, but i couldn't

No free parking space.

Pretty gross. Also, make sure you spare an hour or so for check in (or any tiny thing you may need from reception)- the SLOWEST guy in the world. I guess it's pretty close to Cuba Street though..?

If you just want a place to get your head down then this will do

In the last year I have stayed at hostels in UK, France and New Zealand. My bench mark for the standard of facilities and services sought in other similar situations has been measured against "The Generator" hostel situated close to St Pancras in London. "Lodge in the City" was generally below that standard.

Really bad deal!!! Ok it's cheap but not that much compare to other hostels.. Bathroom were always durty, a lot of hair everywhere, water all around in the bathroom, on 3rd floor, just mixed showers. Kitchen with not enough stuff, like two tea cups for the whole backpacker, always dirty dishes in the sink. 9bed dorm real mess, window can be open from outside.. not safe! Bad athmosphere...the french guy who does some cleaning, is so arrogant! The receptionnists really nice! I wouldnt recomend it

Really good location and a big kitchen but when we walked out of the hostel somebody was throwing up through one of the windows and it hit us..

Kitchen could do with more attention. no breaky inclu like most I stayed in south island.