Lodge In The City

Good 481 Total Reviews

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
16th Jun 2017
4.6

The kitchen is a health hazard ... absolutely disgusting with little or no cooking supplies Rooms stink aswel

• England, Male, 25-30
15th Jun 2017
4.6

Dirty bathrooms and pretty grim overall.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
8th Jun 2017
6.0

I only stayed here for half a night because my flight only arrived at 1 am. I'm glad I didn't have to stay longer though, because the room was super messy (I think most people in there were long terms working in Wellington) and it was incredibly hot. But the worst was the bathroom: it was really hot in there and it smelled of mold! The staff was friendly though and it isn't far from the city center.

• England, Female, 18-24
27th May 2017
4.9

Kitchen was in a really bad state with dirty ovens, hobs, floors and appliances. Reserved and paid for car park space then on arrival there wasn't one available yet we were the ones told to keep checking for a space and that it would be towed away if there was an empty space and our car still wasn't parked in it. Staff very rather unfriendly and not very helpful!

• New Zealand, Male, 41+
23rd May 2017
6.9

This hostel was adequate and friendly enough but could be cleaner. Ok for the price and staff were helpful and friendly. Worst things were the noise from the street and other guests but it was ok but not sure I would go back necesssarily.

• England, Male, 18-24
23rd May 2017
6.6

This is your bulk standard city centre hostel, nice and cheap with good location, but the shower and toilet facilities are the Worst I have seen, and I have just spent 3 weeks camping in a van!! No showers on ground floor for 20 people and first floor had only 1 working shower in shared Bathroom with another 30 plus people?!?!? On level 2 I found a shower with nails sticking out from the wall and no drain on the floor Plus many long term era so quite messy but you pay for what you get.

• Switzerland, Male, 25-30
7th Apr 2017
5.1

Kitchen and showers/toilets were in a really bad condition. Not clean at all... lots of food stored there for ages... fridge was smelled really bad. Room was okay for its price.

• England, Female, 25-30
24th Mar 2017
4.3

Worst hostel I think I've ever stayed in. Booked for a 12 bed dorm, they put it in the system wrong and I had to stay in the 8 bed but they charged me the 8 bed price. The bathrooms are communal not shared and there was one for the whole floor, we walked into the bathroom to see a guy throwing up on the floor. The female staff member who checked me in was miserable and extremely patronising - the guy the next morning was lovely, one good thing. Never again. Stay somewhere else.

12th Mar 2017
5.7

Our room was clean and the beds along with sheets, duvet and pillow were fine. Kitchen was lacking all sorts of utensils and cooking equipment. We could find 3 forks in the whole kitchen. The toilets on our floor was unisex, needs a touch up with new paint and such but were fairly clean. For the money we paid for a private room I would go back again, just don't except much from the public areas. The "living room" section is so worn down, there was really no atmosphere talking about!

• New Zealand, Male, 41+
1st Mar 2017

I enjoyed my stay nice and close to the central city and pubs. Has a nice courtyard out the back.