Lodge In The City Reviews

152 Taranaki Street, Te Aro, Wellington, New Zealand

The worst backpackers I have stayed in. Poor atmosphere with a TV blaring American sitcoms in the main room, an abundance of passive-aggressive warning notices, matresses infinitely inferior to those of the huts I stayed in whilst tramping with springs you could feel in your back and hear creaking with every movement. The toilet room was mostly taken up by a giant puddle. Everything felt old and characterless. Not particularly friendly service at all. No communal spices in kitchen.

• 8th Oct 2015

It was definitely not worth the money we paid. 80$ (including the parking fee and the key deposit) for a twin room, dirty, really noisy, with extra thin mattresses.. The bathroom was disgusting, we could not shut the door and the light was broken. The kitchen was even worse, not a single clean area. The lounge was found in a similar state.

• 4th Oct 2015

the best ever

Overall the room was warm and comfortable for me. Was a little nonplussed with the toilets being out of action on my floor. 3 toilets only one working. The Washing machine was MIA as well. Was disappointed in the lack of Tea or coffee in the kitchen area. I had become used to that privilege in other Hostels. Otherwise the site is good, the building is quiet. The staff were a pleasure to deal with and helpful when called upon.

• 28th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

The bathrooms was in an appalling state. Middew everywhere. Carpets broken . The beds was lovely and clean.I will go again.

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • South Africa

Thine matriz

Clean the toilets and hallways as well as the rooms! This was the worst hostel I have ever stayed in.

• 28th Jun 2015

It is a place that has misleading advertising. when we just said it was the fault of the page hostelworld.. they didn't climb the information. the place has a small parking area that isn't available upon arrival. the room we requested was triple but was only a double bed with a bunk up. the bathrooms/toilet were not functioning. It was not casual hostel status. it's like sleeping in a homeless building. Complaints were made to the manager of the hostel.

It really offends me that people still use the word "Backpacker" as an excuse to deliver a poor service and more then low quality product. I believe when you tell me this is the cheapest hostel in all Wellington, because it's not even worth it the small amount you pay for it. Broken bathrooms, dirty carpets, ragged curtains, hairy sheets and really, really dirty place in general. Terrible.

Very run down and unclean and in a noisy location

Considering the cost, I was expecting better. The toilets were not that pleasant (in that other guests didn't always flush/the toilets themselves didn't always flush). I only stayed briefly, so maybe I didn't get to experience all of its good points. I had little staff and other guest interaction which is why I've rated those as average. The location, however, is pretty great, super close to the inner city.

Terrible, just terrible. Toliets have not been cleaned in ages. Also many toilets's locks doesn't work properly. French lady who works at reception not helpful at all, rude towards customers and could not give me directions of the city. Kitchen small for the amount of people that is staying at, and also kitchenware is not enough only two glasses. Only stay here if you want to go cheap, but be prepare to pay the price.

• 26th Apr 2015