Lodge32 Reviews

32 Hantverkargatan, Stockholm, Sweden

This hostel is convincing in all terms -through its comfortable atmosphere (it is a cellar without any window!!), its attentive staff (not greeting at all, seems like stoned), its high security (no locks for door and no lockers provided inside the rooms) and after all through its charming "kitchen area" (2 microwaves)! all in all: try to avoid this AWESOME hostel! (Attention Sarcasm)

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Austria
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thank you for your review! Such words help us improve. We do our best to be comfortable for our guests.

Secure code access to hostel and rooms, with lockers. The location was quite far from the main areas though and the atmosphere wasn't great. There seemed to be a school trip staying in the room next to us so the hostel was full of kids. Also, no alcohol allowed and only a kettle and microwave in the kitchen. Oh, and the whole hostel is underground, so no windows in a room of 10 and in pitch black. Was fine for a couple nights stay, but wouldn't stay there again.

Overall everything like in a OK hostel, and they made the cellar look nicely (everything is in the cellar) - but the air circulation in our double room was REALLY STRONG and I catched a cold because of that. The receptionist said she will try to regulate it, but we could not notice a change. As I am sensitive to wind, I would not stay there again. For those who like it, the hostel is good.

• 20th Jun 2014

Thank you for your review. We corrected the air circulation in the dorms. We'd be happy to see you in our hostel again!

For the price (which was very low) this is a perfect hostel. Small improvement would be some more space to sit and relex (outside or inside)

• 17th Jun 2014

I enjoyed my stay very much. The staff were nice and caring, the room was clean, and so the toilets and showers. The only problem I had is that the air conditioner, or the ventilation for the room was located just above my head and that gave me a sore throat for a couple of days.

I've been staying here a number of times during the last couple years and I must say lodge32 is very nice place to stay at! Helpful staff, nice facilities, affordable and just a 10 min walk from the centralstation. Great!!

Good place all around. It's underground, so there are no windows in the rooms, which is great as that 3am sunrise is killer. All the essentials are there, good wifi, kitchen, showers, etc. Not much atmosphere and no locks on the dorms.

It's always complicated living in a 6 bed dorm, and you've told that you don't need any key to the room....and late at night it's locked and you've to wake up your unknown roommates. We just stayed one night becaus of a consert at Friends Arena. If you going to stay for a longer periode you've to decide if you will enjoy leaving in a basement with small windows.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Norway

Thank you for your review. We do our best to improve lightning in the dorms so that guests wouldn't feel any difficulties due to absense of big windows.

I would recommend this place for a short trip to this city. It was very close to central city by food (15min), the tube station is around the corner :) The reception isn't open all day but you have code to the door (every day different) so it's no problem to come in :) Security comes every evening to check whether all is ok, hostel is very clean, bathrooms too :)) We had twin room it was small but 'friendly' ;)

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Poland

The only good thing about this hostel is the location - it is located only one stop from the city center. However, the check-in is only available between 3pm - 6pm. The stuff is very unhelpful. The hostel is very expensive for the facilities it provides. Additionally, one must pay for the sheets (10€ per person!)- you CANNOT use a sleeping bag! The breakfast is not included. There are only two separated toilets! For dozens of people. Rooms have no windows. Showers are mixed. Would not recommend!

Thank you for your review. Such feedback help us to improve. We do our best to fix all the claimed points asap. Thank you!

Wifi was broken. Staff too stressed. Was given wrong entry code. Bunk bed next to ventilation drum. Bed light broken. No outlet next to bed. Shower regulator broken. Not good value!

Thank you for your comment, such feedback help us improve. We fixed everything.

Better cleaning, dirty floor, and toilets

• 29th May 2014
  • Sweden

Not very friendly people.

Overall the hostel and its location were good, except some details: the room had no key; I couldn't lock the door from inside because another bed was taken, but the occupant did not show until next morning. It was a bit noisy, doors were often slammed. The staff was kind but they entered the room twice (first early in the morning while I was sleeping) to remind me about the check out (but it was written everywere in the hostel and on the website). Wifi just worked the morning after my arrival.

• 16th May 2014

Place is like every other hostel....

I really enjoyed my stay, excellent value for money. I dont have anything to complain about, except may be i wish the beds were wooden instead of metal, (they're more quiet when someone is fidjeting)

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Bangladesh

My third stay at the hostel, it's still the best low cost option in Stockholm if you need a safe bed, clean showers and a microwave for just a few Euros to explore a fascinating city. Unfortunately only 1 out of the 4 PCs had (sometimes) a working keypad so that's a bit inconvenient for anybody travelling without smartphone.

The shower Were not cleaned!

• 29th Apr 2014

I went to the hostel with a group of 10 other (mixed) students and we stayed in the same room, I really enjoyed staying together. The facilities are average, but it's good value for money. One thing I didn't like was, that there wasn't a lock on our door, so the room was open all day, I do understand though that some rooms did have locks. Overall I really enjoyed staying at lodge, it's not luxurious but a good experience. Good location, and helpful staff!

• 20th Apr 2014

We arrived after hours so no staff was available. We reserved 2 beds and only one was available. Nobody knew their bed assignments or kept to them. The price is not appropriate for the cramped room with 6 beds where you cannot even stand to get dressed. There was a man who just slept in a chair in the common space and wondered around the halls. The linens cost 1/3 the price of your stay for a night. You can find accommodations on other sites for the same price and actually have a bed.

• 18th Apr 2014