Loft Hostel Reviews

Bankastraeti 7, Reykjavik, Iceland

A great, extremely clean and friendly hostel. Very inviting and has a nice ambience. Each dorm has its own bathroom which is a great convenience compared to other hostels I've stayed in. The kitchen was very impressive and extremely clean. Very well organized and there wasn't any dirty dishes at anytime I went into the kitchen. The staff were very helpful with booking my tours and tried all options until we found one available. There is ample seating in the bar and lounge area with modern decor.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Excellent facilities, loved the bar and lounge on the top floor - great place to meet people and chill. Great and clean kitchen with lots of free communal food. Comfortable rooms and very spacious. PERFECT location on the main street downtown. Staff are nice.

Very nice hostel in the center of Reykjavik! Staff is cool and very helpful. Atmosphere was ok.

Had a great time here, location is perfect, staff was very helpful, bag security could use work but I never for a second was worried about it, def recommend

• 14th Oct 2014

Really great hostel, common areas were great. Staff were awesome, really helpful & knowledgeable. Happy Hour meant getting decent priced beers & there was even live music! Room was lovely, each bed has its own power outlet, light (the luxuries we look for in hostels) and space for those essentials you need in the night. Central location, literally at the end of the main street (but quiet enough to sleep even on weekend nights). Everywhere was super clean & generally had a lovely stay!

Great qwerky hostel. Really clean, Beds comfy, showers warm and awesome (if you want to know why the showers are awesome then you should definitely check out the 'Hellisheiði Power Plant Geothermal Energy Exhibition') The communal area is really nice and relaxed more like a Starbucks meets a trendy library. Happy hour on selected beers meant it was cheap to have a few drinks, play a game of chess and relax. I liked this hostel, if you are looking for a party atmosphere then maybe not for you.

Such a great place to stay. The common area had such a great vibe. Rooms were clean and comfortable. I'd definitely stay here again!

• 19th Sep 2014

Great location, friendly staff, cool place.

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Finland

Walls are very thin, so it can be quite noisy at night. No breakfast available, but many coffee places nearby.

My favorite hostel so far in Reykjavik. Stayed in an 8-person mixed dorm. Bathroom and shower was in the room and clean. Outlets and shelves by the top bunks were nice. Cubbies and hooks to store things. Location was great and bar/lounge area was nice.

Helpful staff, great location, the rooms were super quiet even being on a busy street, everything was warm and cozy and clean, the common areas were really good.

I can't say enough good things about the staff at Loft, friendly, knowledgable and patient with lots of good advice. (So glad the scottish guy talked me into a 4x4 instead of a small car to drive around Iceland!!). The location is ideal, everything is clean and good facilities. Its very chilled out though, the party hostel is Kex. The crowd, like all in Iceland is older than your average hostel, 20s-30s, I suppose due to prices in Iceland.

Staying here was such a pleasure. The location is unbeatable, but the best thing is the staff. They were so friendly. I had missed my bus that was supposed to bring me to the airport and they helped me find an alternate solution so that I would not miss my flight, walking me to the bus station and making sure I got on the correct bus. The fourth floor is fantastic, the rooms are all clean and comfortable. Would definitely go again.

• 1st Sep 2014

Best Hostel I have ever stayed in!!! Great location within walking distance of everything, super friendly staff, great common area with a full service bar, free wifi that actually works, very clean, rooms have lock boxes to secure your belongings. Nothing but great things to say about Loft Hostel!

• 21st Aug 2014

The rooms have a lot of space for each person. Everything is very clean. The kitchen is new and well organized. In the evening there is a great happy hour and often followed by live music. I highly recommend this hostel.

Happy days! On the expensive side, but that's just Reykjavik in general. Really helpful staff and a nice organic brekky! Safe to say, I'd recommend it to you guys. Enjoy!

• 6th Aug 2014

Loft hostel was hands down one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Luke at the front desk went out if his way to help me with tours and every member of the staff that I interacted with was helpful and kind. The hostel is very hip very clean and has a excellent location. I definitely recommend it!

The bins under the bunks for storage are super small, flimsy, and unable to receive a standard sized padlock to lock it. It's also rather lazy of them to ask all their guests to make their own beds with supplied linen and then strip them at the end of their stays... who's paying who here?

If this was a regular hostel the reviews would be off the chart...great experience but when you are paying $75 for a dorm room the value equation gets skewed......but that's Reykjiavik

Good, tidy place in a very convenient location. Couldn't have asked for better.The staff made it worth the while They were very helpful in that they helped me book my tours and were more than happy to answer all my questions.

• 26th Jul 2014