Loft Hostel Reviews

Bankastraeti 7, Reykjavik, Iceland

The place is nice and location excellent.Nice bar area and kitchen However I would advise you to bring ear plugs or stay in their sister hostel "Downtown" as the doors are heavy and the walls thin so we got no sleep from all the banging all through the night from 10 til 4am. It was a sunday too so not exactly a party night!

Great location, clean and good. A bit noise from the busy street outside, but not a big problem. Nice rooms. New and fresh!

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Norway

Really enjoyed my stay here - keep doing what you're doing!

Nice place to stay and you can buy to cook your own food in the kitchen. I couldn't lock my valuables away in a small box or drawer that was my only Critism. The staff were friendly and helpful.

The only concern I had was that the storage room for baggage didn't seem monitored at all I could walk up any time and grab the key that was sitting on the counter and walk to the luggage room and take whatever bag I wished. A bit more control of who has access to the room and bags would be nice. For the most part everything was cleaned, but when I went to place my phone and a few other things in the cubby behind the bead I noticed that it was quite dirty.

This by far was one of the best hostel experiences I've had. I booked a 6 suite female dorm for 2 nights. We had a bathroom, shower, vanity area, and coat rack all in our room. Not to mention each bed came equipped with linen, a pillow, outlet, small reading light, and shelf. The common area was clean and moderately lively. Staff was beyond friendly during all interactions. Beautiful view of sunsets from the rooftop patio. Great location downtown & all tours pick up directly from hostel lobby.

Overall a really great place to stay! Located right off the main street in downtown makes it super easy to get anywhere - bars, clubs, shops, coffee, lunch, groceries, pharmacies - pretty much everything is very close by. The common room was pretty relaxing during the day, and filled up early on Friday and Saturday nights for the happy hour. I even met some locals here who showed me around town. Rooms are very clean and well kept. Seriously - best place to stay!

• 19th Feb 2015

The location was great. Close to the Gray Line office where the tours depart from. Close to restaurants, shops and sights. The rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable. The reception, lounge and kitchen are located on the 4th/top floor with a terrace. The staff was friendly but some of them weren't very helpful when it came to tour bookings. Ryan from Scotland is fantastic! He was very helpful and gave personal recommendations on what tours to take, what to do, where to eat. Stay there!

A fantastic hostel- clean, secure and with very helpful staff. A lovely vibe to the place and in an excellent location downtown.

Stayed here on two separate occassions in February. Really clean and comfortable hostel with nice ensuite bathrooms. Wifi was great, kitchen was well equipped, beds were really comfy, the location is amazing right in the centre, and the staff were really helpful. The only negative thing I could possibly say is that it was noisy at night, because it was on the main street (both times we stayed on a Saturday). Top floor is quieter.

The location was ideal. The staff was incredible. Loved every second of my stay and was so sad to leave. I will definitely be going back to Iceland and I will definitely stay at Loft Hostel again.

• 13th Feb 2015

Hostel has a very good location. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. The room and common areas were very clean. Enjoyed our stay there.

Amazing location, great atmosphere and facilities. Really liked the lockers and swipe cards (on the rooms, entrance to corridors and after hours on the main door). It made the place feel really safe. Can't fault the location - right on the main shopping street, and lots of great place to eat and drink nearby (although the bar in the hostel itself was great - we even managed to see the Northern Lights from the rooftop). Staff were really friendly, so an all-round amazing stay.

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Scotland

Great vibe, clean facilities, Central location, value for money, friendly staff. Would stay here again and cannot recommend it enough.

Very clean and cosy, staff were helpful. Rooms was a good size with excellent ensuite. Decent kitchen facilities too

Great hostel, very clean and friendly. Good for solo travellers.

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Scotland

This is the best hostel ive ever stayed in, the rooms are all locked so its obviously only you and the people your sharing with that has a key which makes it feel safer. Bathrooms are cleaned everyday which amazing. Kitchen and living spacr is always kept clean and tidy and location of hostel is perfect you just step out of the door onto the main strip. Definitely value for money those that say othetwise should have paid more to stay somrwhere else.

• 11th Jan 2015

The hostel was clean and the decor was cool. Great space to hang out. Staff were lovely. Only minor issue was there was an egg smell throughout the hostel that came and went. Beds were super comfortable and air con temp was just right.

This is my second time staying here and it felt like coming home. Only piece of advice to those who want to get a solid night's sleep and have booked their stay over the weekend: there is a club on the same block as the hostel that plays music into the small hours of the morning, and the bass seemingly travels throughout the whole building. If your aim is to get sleep on a Friday, this may not be the place for you. Weekdays didn't prove to be an issue, and good sleep is possible.

It's a really nice hotel. The breakfast is a bit pricey. They should have a smart way to control the dishwasher because whenever we go there to put our dishes to clean the dishwasher is full, sometimes mixing clean and dirty dishes, it is not good for the environment washing the dishes twice and is not good for the guest to be in charge of emptying all the dishwasher

« first « Prev 1 2 3