Loft Hostel Reviews

Bankastraeti 7, Reykjavik, Iceland

Couldn't fault this place. Location is brilliant, bar and lounge area brilliant, staff fantastic, very friendly. I would recommend the Loft to anyone visiting Reykjavik. I have stayed in much worse hotels!!!

The staff were very helpful and nice; the location couldn't be any better, and I would definitely stay again. The rooms were spacious and comfortable; although a bit warm. The linens and beds were some of the best I've experienced in a hostel. Thank you!!

The perfect hostel, great location, helpful staff, warm at night, peaceful. It was great to have a lovely place to sleep, since we got up early for excursions and arrive back late.

Fantastic location right in the heart of Downtown Reykjavik! Walking distance to most of the main attractions. The staff were fantastic, always happy to help & answer any questions. Would definitely stay here again!

Underbed lockers are quite small so can only put essential valuable in them. Lots of noise on Friday and saturday night from the street, but that's to be expected in the location. Very relaxed atmosphere and easy to socialise in. Loved being able to go out on to the roof top. Staff very helpful. Only improvement to be made would be to have some key tours recommended, so many it was hard to choose and staff didn't offer many suggestions.

I have stayed in more hostels than you can poke a stick at and I vote that this is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. A typical youth hostel with an amazing atmosphere! So clean! Great bar! Great staff who went the extra mile!! Brilliant location! Beds are well thought out with a light, power socket and locker! Had an amazing time in Reykjavik all thanks to the Loft Hostel! Legends!

Very staff...love the bar upstairs....meet loads of cool people :)

• 21st Jan 2016

Good choice hostel - clean, helpful staff, can book tours with them, 24 hour reception, airport transfers available and safes in rooms. Major down side - music was exceptionally loud. Didn't ruin my sleep too much in the end but worth noting if you can't pass out anywhere.

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Scotland

Want to thank especially to staff Rakel (don't remember exactly her name, she was doing evening shifts, but she has long dark hair, beautiful eyes ;) ) who was extremely helpful and had a titanic patience with me, answering all my questions (and believe me, I had enough!) so usefully and kindly! Such a lovely girl!

• 20th Jan 2016
  • Romania

Great location in the centre of Downtown Reykjavík. Friendly and helpful staff. Clean, spacious 6 bed dorm with a small locker underneath each bed. Swipe card access to building, floor and room. Highly recommend!!

• 15th Jan 2016
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We loved our experience. The only thing that could have been improved was having an area that is open past 1am to go and chill but other than that we absolutely loved it and can't wait to come back to Iceland and stay again!

• 15th Jan 2016

This is my gap year and I'm traveling around the world so I took Icelandair and found this place that was Along the flybus route. So I Only there for one night but enjoyed that it was so easy to get to around. Staff was helpful on where to go and what to do. I would stay here again.

Great stay! Unfortunately only there for two nights on a Monday and Tuesday so there wasn't too much going on. But such a perfect location!! And I got to meet lovely people :)

Good location, nice atmosphire!

I had a great time at Loft! The staff were very friendly and helpful. I met some great people to thanks to the welcoming atmosphere in the hostel. Great location too! I would highly recommend staying here to any travellers looking for a pleasant, safe and clean place to stay. I hope my travels lead me back to Iceland and back to Lofthostel.

• 11th Jan 2016

Great location just in the main shopping street, nive and helpfull staff, the athmosphere is also nice and cosy, i was upgraded to a smaller female dorm, met some great people..breakfast is also nice..just missing fruit, but thats iceland. I felt like home! They can organize the tpurs for u too. Would definitively go back

Amazing location conveniently located near everything you need. Beds are sturdy and facilities clean and separate from each other. Vibe is pretty chill but somehow hard to meet other guests. Breakfast wasn't worth it, recommend buying your own food.

I have never made so many friends or met so many young solo travellers anywhere else in my travels. Loft (mostly the bar) was so social, really made my stay in Iceland so amazing. The hostel itself was very comfortable, warm and clean. The breakfast is amazing (the croissants are to die for, especially the ones with coffee chocolate inside). The only thing I would suggest is making the upstairs common area accessible 24/7 - inconvenient if just want a place for downtime esp. if a night owl

This was a fantatsic base, rooms were clean, facilities were brilliant, staff were fantastic and very helpful. The breakfast was good. It was a little noisy but that's what you expect staying on a busy street. The location was brilliant. Extra special thanks to silva who kindly went out of her way to help my auntie whom injured her knee on a golden circle tour. Thanks

• 8th Jan 2016
  • All Female Group, 41+

Nice hostel in a good location. Would recommend renting a car and exploring the stunning country.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4