Loft Hostel Reviews

Bankastraeti 7, Reykjavik, Iceland

Great location just on the main street. New, spacious rooms. However my room was very hot and lack of ventilation, even with the window open. The bar area is lively at night, great if u want to get some drink/fun, though a bit too noisy for me and made relaxing after a tiring day impossible. I find the night shift staff a lot more friendly and helpful. One of the day staff did not have answer to any questions I had, and her collegue, whoshe went for help, gave me the wrong answers.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • China

Very nice and modern hostel. Comfy beds, big lockers under beds (don't forget to bring your own lock!). If you're on the third floor you might hear some of the noise upstairs if there is an event, until 11pm or so. Towels not provided. Northern lights tip: my first night there it was quite cloudy, and the workers at reception said no tours were going out. Turns out another company still went and it's the only night of my trip you could you see the lights! Check around and don't give up!

• 20th Mar 2014

This is a modern, stylish and well-located hostel right in the very centre of town. The bar is good with a 4-hour happy hour(!), the staff are helpful and there is lots of information available to help you plan your stay.

Excellent hostel, arty hangout in central Reykjavik with lots of interesting people to meet

Great hostel on Reykjavik's main street, near lots of fun bars and shops. Very nice decor. We also stayed at Reykjavik Downtown (also YHA) - both are great though different. The bar in The Loft is busy, and the hostel hosts a fairly young trendy crowd. Downtown was a little quieter, less social but peaceful with nice kitchen facilities.

A lovely hostel right in the centre of Reykjavik. It was quite quiet when I was there midweek so maybe not ideal if you are looking for a party hostel. Helpful staff, comfortable beds and happy hour.

Amazing hostel with gorgeous loft area and super helpful staff. Location right within the city centre and pickups at the hostel for major activities. Would recommend to anyone.

Perfect location. The bar/reception is well placed on the top floor and made a great vantage point for watching the northern lights. Very clean hostel. Rooms were warm unfortunately could not open any windows (but this was not much of a problem for us). One of Iceland's political party's held an event in the bar on the Saturday night we were there which made it a little difficult trying to get through to the kitchen to make a spag bol. Overall, great hostel. Would stay again.

I have only good things to say about this hostel: Awesome, helpful, friendly staff (they'll book all your tours for you). PERFECT location. Balcony. Easy to meet other travelers and locals. Happy hour for 3hrs/day. Linen included. Everything is clean and new. Each bed has its own little light/space for belongings. Safes in each room (bring your own lock). Free working wifi. I was traveling by myself and stayed 5 nights in the 8 bed dorm. Everything was wonderful!

• 30th Jan 2014
  • dspindle7

Fab staff- so helpful. Lovely hostel. Rooms great! Communal room/ gorgeous + great bar/ coffee etc. Kitchen lovely and v.clean. Could not ask for a better lace to stay- would book again in an instant :)

All good.

I really enjoyed my stay in the Loft Hostel. I found it to be right in the middle of the city centre, and the rooms were clean and spacious. I would have liked to have bigger lockers , as I think the ones in the shared rooms are a bit small. Also, there werent any social activities in the comunal area during the days that I stayed, a bit of a shame as I heard there were good!

I really enjoyed the stay! Nice bar and terrasse on the top floor. The only problem was that the windows in the room were not to open which for me would be a point not to book again because fresh air is quite important. best regards, christian

• 16th Jan 2014

Best hostel, always clean the rooms have rooms have comfy beds and good pillows. It's place is new fresh and modern and it's easy to meet people. The staff are also super helpful and will sort out tours, give advice on anything etc. This place helped make my Iceland trip amazing!

Staff were helpful and really nice, hostel was clean and modern and well equipped. Only downside was how loud the music on the street was on Fri and Sat night, though this is no fault of the hostel, I just forgot to bring ear plugs.

Great, new, modern hostel right in the heart of Reykjavik, can walk anywhere in the city worth going in 15 minutes max. The bar / chillout space is possibly the best designed of any hostel I have ever stayed at. Large, spacious, open plan, while being both modern and comforting at the same time. Very well thought out. My only real complaint was that breakfast was a little overprices at 1400Krona ($13) for a small continental buffet. Just Icelandic prices I guess though.

I really liked staying here. The hostel was clean and the staff were helpful. Especially Ryan who gave us some good advice about which Golden circle tour to do. He was also very easy on the eye ;) The location was excellent too. Wifi worked in the rooms and it was clean. The breakfast was overpriced for what they serve so I recommend going somewhere else. I would stay here again.

Really friendly staff with always good advices

Amazing hostel, staff were super helpful and willing to offer their own personal local knowledge rather than just sending you to the usual touristy places/packages. Hostel only opened in April 2013 (I think) so it's all really new and fresh and the facilities are excellent and located right in the centre of town, meaning you can walk to the bus station and local bars restaurants within a couple of minutes.

• 29th Dec 2013