Loft Hostel Reviews

Bankastraeti 7, Reykjavik, Iceland

A wonderful home away from home. Very central location. Everything you need. Staff were so friendly and helpful with booking tours and giving advice. The female dorm room was a bit warm, though.

• 26th Jun 2015

Staff very helpfiul

• 20th Jun 2015

Wow! Loft is in the perfect location for your stay in Reykjavik. The staff is very friendly and helpful and our double room was amazing. Comfortable, clean, spacious.

• 19th Jun 2015

Location was smack in the middle of the shopping street, so it was convenient to buy anything at any time. The rooms were clean, and the beds were very comfortable. As I've mentioned, as it's right in the middle of the action, be prepared for blaring music late into the night. Also, experience with the staff was a hit and miss--- the girl who checked me in was very courteous and helpful. However, the girl who was on early morning duty when I had to check out could work more on her people skills.

I found the staff to be very friendly and welcoming. A great atmosphere for meeting people from all over the world, I made a few good friends at the hostel that I still keep in contact with. The location was perfect since it was directly situated in the town centre. The facilities were very hygienic and all necessary utilities were available. I recommend Loft Hostel to anymore wanting to stay in Reykjavik.

• 4th Jun 2015

Hi, Thanks for the feedback! We're glad to hear that your experience was enjoyable. Really hope to see you again soon :) Best wishes, Luke (head of reception)

Fantastic place right in the middle of downtown Reykjavik. Everything you'd want to do and see is an easy walk from the hostel. Extremely comfortable beds and spotlessly clean rooms. Good breakfast. The bar and the balcony on the top floor are great places to hang out! I'd like to send a commendation for Anna at the front desk. She was so friendly and patient and knowledgeable. A great asset to the Loft Hostel team. This will definitely be my choice for a place to stay the next time I visit!

+Staff were supper helpful in providing direction for local dinning and attractions, took time to reserve events/ tours/ pick up. -Was bit pricy for value, but is to expect in Iceland.

We only stayed a night, but we walked all over downtown, the location was great! The staff was hilarious and we will definitely come back and bring some Canadian goodies for you guys! We did a 6 bed mixed dorm but we will probably get a private room next time for a new experience!

• 20th May 2015

Awesome. Do recommend.

• 16th May 2015

Fantastic location! Very close to downtown. Clean and stylish. Friendly staff. Good kitchen set-up. As far as hostels go it is a bit pricier but the location and nice facilities are worth it. Would recommend!

Mostly good experience -- really good location, clean/well-appointed rooms, mostly nice/helpful staff, reliable free wifi. After an overnight flight and a long day I wasn't thrilled at 6PM to be assigned to a room with no available beds because two people hadn't checked out on time, but the front desk staff swapped me to a different room without too much of a delay.

• 12th May 2015

Location is extremly good. Other travellers are also nice. Only downpoint is the staff, who don't care or are even bothered. A girl who let the hostel book a bus to the airport, was told 10 minutes for departure that they moved her booking to another bus. When she complained they couldn't care Less. Also don't book the breakfast it is not very good.

Awesome location, awesome facilities, great staff, easy to use, very easy for tourist since it is next to the tourist information center and has a bunch of pamphlets. Awesome atmosphere and happy hour

Great place in a perfect location. Friendly staff, good WiFi, walking distance to everything in the city center. Would definitely go back.

Thank you for all your help booking tours.

Very clean hostel and well located. Staff could be abrupt and rude. Didn't feel the breakfast provided any real value for money. A lot of it was recycled from the previous day.

The staff need to learn how to be more friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is very dry. The cleanliless and location is good.

Excellent design of the interior. The lobby/bar/lounge is beautiful. My only complaint about the room/facilities is the lockers which were loud and not that easy to use (opening/closing usually took several tries).

• 1st Apr 2015

I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Reykjavik. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the people staying there were also very friendly. The bar upstairs, which has a balcony with a nice view of the city, is a great place to hang out. The location is great, just a very short walk from where the bus comes in from the airport, and within a quarter mile of a number of places that are great for food and drinks.

• 31st Mar 2015

This hostel was really nice, the staff was extremely flexible with us (we were a tad needy). These beds were my favorite to sleep on out of all of the hostels I've been to, also the showers are pretty nice as well. duting my entire stay in iceland I actually had to stay at 2different hostels, but if j come back to iceland I'm defintetly staying here!

« first « Prev 1 2 3