Loft Hostel Reviews

Bankastraeti 7, Reykjavik, Iceland

Best Hostel I have ever stayed in!!! Great location within walking distance of everything, super friendly staff, great common area with a full service bar, free wifi that actually works, very clean, rooms have lock boxes to secure your belongings. Nothing but great things to say about Loft Hostel!

• 21st Aug 2014

Happy days! On the expensive side, but that's just Reykjavik in general. Really helpful staff and a nice organic brekky! Safe to say, I'd recommend it to you guys. Enjoy!

• 6th Aug 2014

Loft hostel was hands down one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Luke at the front desk went out if his way to help me with tours and every member of the staff that I interacted with was helpful and kind. The hostel is very hip very clean and has a excellent location. I definitely recommend it!

The bins under the bunks for storage are super small, flimsy, and unable to receive a standard sized padlock to lock it. It's also rather lazy of them to ask all their guests to make their own beds with supplied linen and then strip them at the end of their stays... who's paying who here?

If this was a regular hostel the reviews would be off the chart...great experience but when you are paying $75 for a dorm room the value equation gets skewed......but that's Reykjiavik

Good, tidy place in a very convenient location. Couldn't have asked for better.The staff made it worth the while They were very helpful in that they helped me book my tours and were more than happy to answer all my questions.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Sri Lanka

Breakfast is ridiculously overpriced, everything else was good though

I really liked this hostel. The location is fantastic for exploring Reykjavik. The staff were friendly and helpful, particularly with booking tours or transit to the airport. The hostel is new, so the rooms were really clean and modernly appointed. I was in a dorm room and the bunks had a shelf build into the headboards that also included a plug for charging devices...this was really handy! Also loved the rooftop bar/common area. I'd stay here again.

Overall Loft is a good experience with some minor faults. Breakfast is quite simple for the cost. My bed head (upper bunk) was very dusty. Security for baggage in rooms is poor. They provide small metal boxes on wheels under the beds that 'lock ' against the bed, however you can spin the boxes around 360 degrees giving full access to contents! They only fit small carry-on bag, not big backpacks. Guests should bring eye mask/ear plugs to deal with late night arrivals and the constant daylight.

• 15th Jul 2014

Only stayed there very briefly but seemed like a great place. Clean, comfortable, good atmosphere and very helpful staff.

Exceptionally clean, great atmosphere, nice bar, great location in downtown Reykjavik, helpful staff.

Great location, very Central, staff were very helpful and quite friendly, clean big dorm rooms. Will definitely recommend this hostel

The age group was a much older crowd than what I was hoping for. I ended up hanging out at some of the other cool local hostels. Otherwise the staff is pretty attentive and very helpful. The rooms and hostel itself are all really great spaces that are very clean and feel new. I didn't hang around too much — I hear it's more lively on the weekends.

• 30th Jun 2014

Overall great location and nice place to stay!

Two things: First- space in the shower would be nice. I rarely see space to place a towel or hygiene pack anywhere in hostel showers. Secondly- privacy could easily be attained (and unbelievably sought) if you could attach privacy curtains on the bottom bunks. I stayed at a hostel in London that had them and I would stay there again simply for them.

Very good kitchen, busy however. Clean. Lots of space. Lockers not bad but I wouldn't say totally secure. Great location right downtown. Bar on the top floor with a great view. Staff friendly. Overall a good hostel.

Amazing. The cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. Very trusting and safe environment.

• 20th Jun 2014

Website should incorporate family as a type of group as well. hostel is very stylish, comfortable and nice!

• 20th Jun 2014

The location of the hostel is excellent (right in the city centre), the rooms were very clean, the staff is absolutely nice and helpful, the kitchen is well equipped and the reception/bar area a nice place to hang out. However, there is also one drawback: on the weekend it can be very noisy in some rooms. It seems like there is a club very close which plays techno music all night long. In my room you could hear the music, which caused some sleepless hours.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Austria

Great dorm room where I met some great people, but some problems - was told the wrong place for my Flybus pickup (twice! and the sign on the ground floor was wrong too), and I only caught it after running up the street for it (after having missed one already). Loft and Flybus need to communicate with each other if the pickup location has changed! People could miss their flights! Also, didn't like that the common area was sometimes used for public events, should be for guests only.

« first « Prev 1 2 3