Loft Hostel Reviews

Bankastraeti 7, Reykjavik, Iceland

Thank you for all your help booking tours.

Very clean hostel and well located. Staff could be abrupt and rude. Didn't feel the breakfast provided any real value for money. A lot of it was recycled from the previous day.

The staff need to learn how to be more friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is very dry. The cleanliless and location is good.

Excellent design of the interior. The lobby/bar/lounge is beautiful. My only complaint about the room/facilities is the lockers which were loud and not that easy to use (opening/closing usually took several tries).

• 1st Apr 2015

I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Reykjavik. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the people staying there were also very friendly. The bar upstairs, which has a balcony with a nice view of the city, is a great place to hang out. The location is great, just a very short walk from where the bus comes in from the airport, and within a quarter mile of a number of places that are great for food and drinks.

• 31st Mar 2015

This hostel was really nice, the staff was extremely flexible with us (we were a tad needy). These beds were my favorite to sleep on out of all of the hostels I've been to, also the showers are pretty nice as well. duting my entire stay in iceland I actually had to stay at 2different hostels, but if j come back to iceland I'm defintetly staying here!

This a very well-thought hostel. I specially enjoyed the beds and the size of the room (mine had a great view of the street). Everything was easy to do or find starting from the hostel. I would stay again.

The place is nice and location excellent.Nice bar area and kitchen However I would advise you to bring ear plugs or stay in their sister hostel "Downtown" as the doors are heavy and the walls thin so we got no sleep from all the banging all through the night from 10 til 4am. It was a sunday too so not exactly a party night!

Great place to stay!! Staff is very friendly and helpful. the bar upstairs allows locals so it can get a little busy. But a good way to meet locals as well. only problem I had was my room was directly below the bar, so there was a lot of noise till the early morning. Nothing ear plugs didn't fix. overall had a great time!!

Fantastic hostel! Great location in the heart of Reykjavik; great staff; great guests; and great facilities! What more could you ask for? I managed to get in a terrible car accident and the staff was very accommodating helping me to make phone calls and getting me to and from the hospital and police station. They also arranged tours for me no problem and all the major sights in Reykjavik were in walking distance. The common areas, bar, and rooms were all great and the guests were fun! Recommend!

Great location, clean and good. A bit noise from the busy street outside, but not a big problem. Nice rooms. New and fresh!

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Norway

Really enjoyed my stay here - keep doing what you're doing!

Nice place to stay and you can buy to cook your own food in the kitchen. I couldn't lock my valuables away in a small box or drawer that was my only Critism. The staff were friendly and helpful.

The only concern I had was that the storage room for baggage didn't seem monitored at all I could walk up any time and grab the key that was sitting on the counter and walk to the luggage room and take whatever bag I wished. A bit more control of who has access to the room and bags would be nice. For the most part everything was cleaned, but when I went to place my phone and a few other things in the cubby behind the bead I noticed that it was quite dirty.

Very nice, well kept hostel with a nice atmosphere.

This by far was one of the best hostel experiences I've had. I booked a 6 suite female dorm for 2 nights. We had a bathroom, shower, vanity area, and coat rack all in our room. Not to mention each bed came equipped with linen, a pillow, outlet, small reading light, and shelf. The common area was clean and moderately lively. Staff was beyond friendly during all interactions. Beautiful view of sunsets from the rooftop patio. Great location downtown & all tours pick up directly from hostel lobby.

Overall a really great place to stay! Located right off the main street in downtown makes it super easy to get anywhere - bars, clubs, shops, coffee, lunch, groceries, pharmacies - pretty much everything is very close by. The common room was pretty relaxing during the day, and filled up early on Friday and Saturday nights for the happy hour. I even met some locals here who showed me around town. Rooms are very clean and well kept. Seriously - best place to stay!

• 19th Feb 2015

The location was great. Close to the Gray Line office where the tours depart from. Close to restaurants, shops and sights. The rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable. The reception, lounge and kitchen are located on the 4th/top floor with a terrace. The staff was friendly but some of them weren't very helpful when it came to tour bookings. Ryan from Scotland is fantastic! He was very helpful and gave personal recommendations on what tours to take, what to do, where to eat. Stay there!

A fantastic hostel- clean, secure and with very helpful staff. A lovely vibe to the place and in an excellent location downtown.

Stayed here on two separate occassions in February. Really clean and comfortable hostel with nice ensuite bathrooms. Wifi was great, kitchen was well equipped, beds were really comfy, the location is amazing right in the centre, and the staff were really helpful. The only negative thing I could possibly say is that it was noisy at night, because it was on the main street (both times we stayed on a Saturday). Top floor is quieter.

« first « Prev 1 2 3