Superb 690 Total Reviews
Superb 690 Total Reviews
Loft Hostel Located at Bankastraeti 7, , Reykjavik.
Iceland
Reykjavik 101 Bankastraeti 7
91% 690
64.1469495 -21.9343757
    Rooms available

14th Jan 2017

Loft hostel is in an amazing location and the rooms were spacious. It was a bit noisy outside on Saturday night, but worth it for the location. It was nice to have a kitchen given how expensive prepared food in Iceland is.

12th Jan 2017
6.6

Good and bad of course... The good: this was the first hostel that seemed to have extremely clean bedding and a high quality mattress. The bad: the music in the bar is SO LOUD you can hear the bass with ear plugs in and noise cancelling headphones over that. Last night it was so loud from 11pm till 3-4am and none of the girls in the room slept. Every night was like this. And then it was playing again at 7 am. It was so disappointing. My friend and I had 3 sleepless nights in a row.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
8th Jan 2017

VERY clean. Felt secure during my whole stay. Staff are so nice - they went above and beyond to help me book my tours.

• England, Female, 25-30
4th Jan 2017

Excellent location, right in the centre of everything, all being within walking distance. Staff very friendly and rooms and other areas very clean. Only thing I could say is that the kitchen area was pretty small for the amount of people staying. Although I ate out, I witnessed the the crowding in the morning when getting a drink of water. Would definite stay again if I was ever back in Reykjavik.

• Israel, Female, 25-30
2nd Jan 2017

The location is unbeatable!! In addition, I've been to many hostels around the world but this one is by far the cleanest one I've been to! The French guy who's responsible for the cleaningess of the hostel is such a diligent guy, and seems to really enjoy his job. I highly recommend this hostel!

30th Dec 2016

Lives up to its high rating!! The atmosphere in this loft is great. Once you get to the top floor your greeted with warm colors and a lively staff. The lounge area and bar is a wonderful place to relax. The rooms were clean and very spacious. As a SoloTraveller you wont have a hard time making friends with your bed mates or around this area, its in the heart of stores and local bars. Breakfast was simple yet delicious. The staff was very helpful and generous in helping you find what need.

• USA, Female, 25-30
29th Dec 2016

Great location. Helpful staff. Didn't spend much time in the common area, but it seemed nice. The underbed personal storage is extremely limited - can only fit a school-size backpack. Located about 45 minutes from Keflavik airport. There are two shuttle companies that drop off/pick up between the airport and the hostel. Transportation is very easy.

• India, Female, 25-30
25th Dec 2016
5.7

I got a bed on top in a sharing room. The bed was under an additional protruding ceiling and I couldn't sleep as my head was hitting it every time I got up. I had to sleep on the floor in the cold ! The love that I paid in australian dollars for this kind of an experience was horrible !! I could have got myself an airbnb for that price ! Was very disappointed !

19th Dec 2016

We came to loft hostel as a couple, we had a private room and it was amazing. You cannot beat the location of this place. Right in the middle of bars, coffee shops, restaurants, basically everything you could need. The room had a nice view and the bed was comfy. The only thing I would give some cons about it the shower. It's sooo small and gets water everywhere. The staff was awesome and helpful and there's a cute bar that has a great happy hour. We would 100% stay again.

• China, Female, 18-24
18th Dec 2016

highly recommend. very good location and atomospher. all the people i met there were friendly. amazing experience.