Loft Hostel Reviews

Bankastraeti 7, Reykjavik, Iceland

Breakfast is ridiculously overpriced, everything else was good though

I really liked this hostel. The location is fantastic for exploring Reykjavik. The staff were friendly and helpful, particularly with booking tours or transit to the airport. The hostel is new, so the rooms were really clean and modernly appointed. I was in a dorm room and the bunks had a shelf build into the headboards that also included a plug for charging devices...this was really handy! Also loved the rooftop bar/common area. I'd stay here again.

Overall Loft is a good experience with some minor faults. Breakfast is quite simple for the cost. My bed head (upper bunk) was very dusty. Security for baggage in rooms is poor. They provide small metal boxes on wheels under the beds that 'lock ' against the bed, however you can spin the boxes around 360 degrees giving full access to contents! They only fit small carry-on bag, not big backpacks. Guests should bring eye mask/ear plugs to deal with late night arrivals and the constant daylight.

• 15th Jul 2014

Only stayed there very briefly but seemed like a great place. Clean, comfortable, good atmosphere and very helpful staff.

Exceptionally clean, great atmosphere, nice bar, great location in downtown Reykjavik, helpful staff.

Great location, very Central, staff were very helpful and quite friendly, clean big dorm rooms. Will definitely recommend this hostel

The age group was a much older crowd than what I was hoping for. I ended up hanging out at some of the other cool local hostels. Otherwise the staff is pretty attentive and very helpful. The rooms and hostel itself are all really great spaces that are very clean and feel new. I didn't hang around too much — I hear it's more lively on the weekends.

• 30th Jun 2014

Overall great location and nice place to stay!

Two things: First- space in the shower would be nice. I rarely see space to place a towel or hygiene pack anywhere in hostel showers. Secondly- privacy could easily be attained (and unbelievably sought) if you could attach privacy curtains on the bottom bunks. I stayed at a hostel in London that had them and I would stay there again simply for them.

Very good kitchen, busy however. Clean. Lots of space. Lockers not bad but I wouldn't say totally secure. Great location right downtown. Bar on the top floor with a great view. Staff friendly. Overall a good hostel.

Amazing. The cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. Very trusting and safe environment.

• 20th Jun 2014

Website should incorporate family as a type of group as well. hostel is very stylish, comfortable and nice!

• 20th Jun 2014

The location of the hostel is excellent (right in the city centre), the rooms were very clean, the staff is absolutely nice and helpful, the kitchen is well equipped and the reception/bar area a nice place to hang out. However, there is also one drawback: on the weekend it can be very noisy in some rooms. It seems like there is a club very close which plays techno music all night long. In my room you could hear the music, which caused some sleepless hours.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Austria

Great dorm room where I met some great people, but some problems - was told the wrong place for my Flybus pickup (twice! and the sign on the ground floor was wrong too), and I only caught it after running up the street for it (after having missed one already). Loft and Flybus need to communicate with each other if the pickup location has changed! People could miss their flights! Also, didn't like that the common area was sometimes used for public events, should be for guests only.

Super friendly staff! We had an amazing three nights stay, with no complaints. The roof top bar has a great atmosphere and we even came back after our stay just to enjoy a cold drink. :)

Very Cosy and relaxed atmosphere, great location for transportation pick up and drop off for all booked activities... close to restaurants supermarket, harbor... and very helpful staff

Stayed here for my one night layover because I had read the great reviews, and I was not disappointed! The staff were always helpful and well-informed, the location was ideal, and the place was immaculate. It's located on the main drag and has a roof top cafe and a great happy hour. Awesome day!

• 7th Jun 2014

Fantastic hostel. Excellent location. Would stay here again. There's no locker in the rooms for large bags but theft is very uncommon in Iceland. You won't go wrong here.

Staff was phenomenal! So, friendly and helpful! Room was spacious and clean, location was central and only a small walk to wherever you needed to go, the upstairs bar was a fantastic spot with a great view, great drink options and amazing for meeting locals and checking out some Icelandic bands. 10/10, would recommend to anyone staying in Reykjavik.

Apart from the lack of lockers and other storage facilities for luggage, I can recommend the hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3