Loftstel Reviews

4115 8th Street NW, Washington DC, USA

Can not believe this place is even allowed to be called a hostel . It's a disgusting house they have crammed some beds in with no fans of air com no clean bathrooms and the staff are so untrained thy should not work in hospitality. Rude unhelpful and shout at guests it's like a concentration camp. I use hostel world a lot and this should definatly not be recommended

Nice staff, clean house and comfortable beds People staying there are very interesting, the staff is very friendly and helpful.

• 10th Jul 2014

Great hostel! All female staff is a huge plus!! Seriously, it's very decent hostel with a great amenities. It's in a great neighborhood and close to a metro station.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Austria

Excellent hostel, though a bit of a walk from the Yellow/Green metrorail station. Great atomsphere and great staff, highly recommended if you don't mind walking a bit.

The staff name sefix was helpfull and the Rasta I don't recall his name. One thing disappointed me was up on check in on 17th feb which I booked from booking.com would like to extend for 3 more night but the hostel manager tamara ask ne to pay $80 usd per night The rate online was $10usd but I have been ask to pay $80 usd per night, It

• 18th Feb 2014
  • Ethiopia

A lot of "security" rules that seemed unnecessary. Otherwise, mostly great.

It's really cheap. The lobby is really clean and beautiful, but the rooms are just fine. However, it's too far from the subway, and also far from the attractions. It seems to be dangerous if we go back at night.

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • Taiwan

立地・スタッフ・清潔感に関しては凄く良かった。駅から歩いて5〜10分の場所にあり、周りにスーパーなどもあって便利だった。スタッフは丁寧に説明してくれ、また他の滞在者も良い人だらけだった。毎日スタッフが掃除していたので清潔感も感じられた。特に気がかりだった事はないが、敢えて言うならば、部屋の扉が閉めにくい事。リビングの声が聞こえるが、私はそんなに気にならなかった。税込この値段でこのゲストハウスに滞在できて本当に良かったと思う!!ほとんどの滞在者が20代だと思われる。同世代多国籍の人と生活するのは凄い楽しかった!!また機会があれば利用したい!

• 1st Jan 2014
  • Japan

Good hostel, clean facilities, but a bit far from the good locations. Also, the girl at the front was a bit short with me when I arrived.

It was a bit aways with the metro from the center but not too bad. The staff was very helpful (with the exception of two unfriendly RAs) and the cleaning lady works hard cause the bedsheets, towels, bathroom and shower are all really clean. Did get bitten by something the one night that I was there though. Met some fun people there so overall pretty good for what you pay for, I'd say

The hostel could of been closer to the town centre and because of this i felt that it should of been cheaper but apart from that i thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• 23rd Aug 2013

I enjoyed my stay in general. It's conveniently located and the hostel is more like a private home full of interns, which creates a nice atmosphere. The staff is also very friendly. My only concern was that the towel was very dirty and had hair & stuff stuck on it......Bring your own towel if you can. Otherwise the cleanliness is ok.

The staff was very nice, the beds were clean but the bathrooms and most of the place could have been cleaner. Most people actually live in that hostel but it wasn't a problem, they were nice anyways.

This place is basically a place where more people stay for a couple of months than just for a couple of nights while travelling around. It has a whole set of rules when checking-in. They didn't have 8 bucks to return as change and when I said they can give it to me tomorrow, the girl at the check-in said they can't do that because they can't keep money for security reasons?! (EIGHT FREAKING DOLLARS, not 800). Wouldn't stay here again.

• 17th Feb 2013
  • Serbia

I probably should have read the other reviews beforehand: I made a reservation for one night, arrived at 11:30 on a Saturday night at what looked like a house in suburbia, and no one answered the door, presumably because they were asleep. I had to find another hostel. This is NOT a backpacker's hostel. It could be fine though. I ended up staying at the Hilltop Hostel. Ron there was fantastic, helping me find the place in my exhausted state late in the night.

Very good hostel! it was a nice experience for me. worth going to for sure. I'll come back again soon! thank you!

• 13th Feb 2013

We got there quite late but still they were waiting for us to check in. The lady at the fromt desk was very friendly. Although we only stayed there for 1 night, I think this place is worth another visit.

• 12th Feb 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Really nice place. They could use more staff though.

• 11th Feb 2013
  • Female

In general, it is a quite good choice to stay here!!!

doesnt look like a hostel, they don't offer hair dryers too... it's more like a house and the rooms are rented.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7