Loki Backpackers La Paz Reviews

Av. Las Americas #120, La Paz, Bolivia

Not the best facilities but very good. Especially having lots of space for people to wait for check-in times or to hang out after check-out. The bathroom on the 6th floor smells terrible though. It would be nice to have better wifi access. The staff seem a bit overwhelmed. I had to wait quite a bit to get checked in. But overall, great place. Very convenient.

A lot of fun, in spite of some noisy people in the middle of the night ! The bathrooms should be cleaning more often too!

Not a terrible hostel but it's pretty pricey for what it is. The room I was in had garbage all over the floor, and the night staff seemed pretty confused about how to check a person in, wifi was pretty bad, and they don't include breakfast (Wild Rover does AND charges less). I dunno, just sort of felt like a money sucking gringo trap

After three days in the desert, taking a HOT shower at this hostel made my day. My only complaint: unreliable wifi.

We had a great time there. The staff were friendly. One problem was the Wlan, which didn't work well and it is only working at the bar or at the reception.

It was an amazing Stay 😄

Really helpful staff. Good location. I had done problems to book a flight to Santa Cruz and they did it for me without extra cost. Nice dorms. Crazily nice bar and restaurant: good and safe food with good prices and party every night!!! Just perfect place to be. It might not be the cheapest place in La Paz but definitely it is one of the best!

I would not stay at this hostel again. We booked a taxi through Loki for an airport pick up which never came. Our room Was freezing, And they only had one extra blanket for the 4 bed dorm. Customer service was horrible at the desk and tourism desk for booking tours, rude. Food was horrible and expensive. Overall dirty, smelly (cigarettes and paint fumes), and WIFI DOES NOT WORK AT ALL. If you want a cheap party hostel there's much better in La Paz... Don't support this place.

My opinion was greatly impacted because we booked a pickup from the airport which never arrived. We waited for over an hour and had to get a normal taxi. The hostel said it was a mistake and didn't even apologize. That aside, the hostel has a very nice bar and lots of activities and partying going on. It can get quite noisy, specially on the higher floors (the bar is at the 6th floor). There is also a nice view of the city from the bar. WiFi rarely works and breakfast is not included.

Party Hostel. Well Located. Amazing view on La Paz Big problem with Diogo, the bar manager who is completely disrespectful and insultant with bar staff (volounteers) and customers (me included). It makes everyone very uncomfortable. Apparently, from what the staff told me, everybody knows this but nobody can't say anything because he makes the bar be very profitable... that's the limits of an hostel chain, preferring the profit to the service and respect. Will never go back to a Loki... sorry

Friendly Staff and Good Location.

Difficult check in, got ignored at counter for 10 mins. Room was not ready until midnight because of staff issues although we did get half price on the first night because of this. Comfy beds and bathroom reasonably clean. Upstairs bar has good western food which was refreshing. Location good!

We had a great stay at Loki - great location in La Paz and very friendly and helpful staff! The restaurant served nice food and the bar was great in the evenings.

The location is near everything you want, and the day time staff are nice this is by far the absolute worst hostel I have ever stayed at! Rooms cold&damp your towel never dries and your stuff is wet if in the bathroom. Although signs are posted about respecting quiet time all over the hostel nothing is ever done about it if there are rowdy drunk guests running around all night. 2nights in a row around 1until 4 in the morning there were rowdy and staff NVR stopped

Party hostel with bar on top floor, but the place is easily big enough to stay away from the noise, if you're not in the mood. Great facilities, tour info, helpful staff, good location. Would definitely stay again.

Good hostel, though a bit impersonal. You just feel packed up with alot of travellers in one flatbuilding. But the facilities are good, they have a travel agency and a bar with lots of activities.

The rooms were not great and the staff thought we were other people and tried to kick us out even though we had another two nights booked in. But the bar/restaurant made up for a lot of its downfalls.

A great party hostel. Great place to meet people. The hostel was a bit dirty, but ok.. No complains besides the cleanness.

Large, centrally located hostel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was basic but clean. Nice views of city and mountains from communal areas on levels 6 and 7. If you are looking for a social party atmosphere then this is a good hostel for you, we felt that the reviews we read prior to booking the hostel reflected our experience too. Was great for the 2 nights we needed in La Paz. The tour desk downstairs were very helpful and efficient too.

• 27th Jun 2015

This hostel is a good place to hangout. The 7th floor has a great view, bar, games, and a restaurant. The showers have hot water and the hostel has a travel agency to book tours. The only complain That I have is that the wifi is so inconsistent and poor that it is incredibly frustrating. This might be a general problem in Bolivia (La Paz is my first city in Bolivia) but it was true for this hostel. I do plan on returning though as it is a good place to chill.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4