Loki Backpackers La Paz Reviews

Av. Las Americas #120, La Paz, Bolivia

I had s bit of trouble withdrawing money once I got to La Paz and the staff at Loki were incredibly patient and helpful. It really made my stay that much more enjoyable. It's a mini community there and having the big common area upstairs makes it so easy to make friends. Also, the location is great!

This is a party hostel and a good one at that! Staff took us to a local bar after the hostel bar closed and had a great time! Only problem with this place for me was the food, got food poisening on the second night which ruined my opinion of the hostel! But you can always eat else where :)

Fab, fun hostel with everything you need under one roof!! Would definitely reccomend!!

We asked at reception for our heater to be turned on in our dorm but were hit with 'no they're broken, but you can have extra blankets if you want' no. Not what I wanted. Our beds were fine. Our room was freezing. No heaters in the middle of Winter is disgusting. They could at least have given us a small one to plug in! Sleeping with 4 layers on is not ideal. Beds are comfy nonetheless and it's good to have the lockers in the room for valuables.

Below par English gap year hostel, lacking any kind of culture or relevance to the local area. Only real plus was the hot shower.

Worst wif I've encountered in the last 3 weeks in SA, lobby smells like a bathroom and so do therooms , bedding seems old and possibly unclean. Insecure storage lockers for electronics inlobby (most hinges were barely attached) understaffed travel agent, be prepared to wait hours to book a tour orbus anywhere. Bar has an awesome view. Also no laundry service except across the street which takes ten hours!!!!

Stayed in a 4 bed dorm on the first floor and it was great! There was a private bathroom that was cleaned daily! Wifi was only on the 1st and 6th/7th floor which is common in Bolvia and for the most part worked well. There was lots of action and parties on the 6/7th floor but it was nice and quiet on the 1st! The lockers in the rooms were a bit small but not a huge deal! Free baggage storage which was awesome! Would stay again!

Best parties, AWESOME bar... The best way to drink and meet new people! I also needed the travel agency and I got a good price and good service. It's not the best place to relax, sleep...

Not the best facilities but very good. Especially having lots of space for people to wait for check-in times or to hang out after check-out. The bathroom on the 6th floor smells terrible though. It would be nice to have better wifi access. The staff seem a bit overwhelmed. I had to wait quite a bit to get checked in. But overall, great place. Very convenient.

Really great hostel! Was able to book a bus to uyuni, a salt flats tour and death road trip all from their really good tourist office! Very clean room and good food! Nice to have a tab that you can put everything on. Very secure as well as they check you in and out of the hostel with the wrist bands. The restaurant and bar is really fun on the top floor with a great atmosphere where it is great to meet people! Clean and warm in the rooms. Would definitely recommend to anyone staying in La Paz!

A lot of fun, in spite of some noisy people in the middle of the night ! The bathrooms should be cleaning more often too!

Not a terrible hostel but it's pretty pricey for what it is. The room I was in had garbage all over the floor, and the night staff seemed pretty confused about how to check a person in, wifi was pretty bad, and they don't include breakfast (Wild Rover does AND charges less). I dunno, just sort of felt like a money sucking gringo trap

After three days in the desert, taking a HOT shower at this hostel made my day. My only complaint: unreliable wifi.

We had a great time there. The staff were friendly. One problem was the Wlan, which didn't work well and it is only working at the bar or at the reception.

It was an amazing Stay 😄

Really helpful staff. Good location. I had done problems to book a flight to Santa Cruz and they did it for me without extra cost. Nice dorms. Crazily nice bar and restaurant: good and safe food with good prices and party every night!!! Just perfect place to be. It might not be the cheapest place in La Paz but definitely it is one of the best!

I would not stay at this hostel again. We booked a taxi through Loki for an airport pick up which never came. Our room Was freezing, And they only had one extra blanket for the 4 bed dorm. Customer service was horrible at the desk and tourism desk for booking tours, rude. Food was horrible and expensive. Overall dirty, smelly (cigarettes and paint fumes), and WIFI DOES NOT WORK AT ALL. If you want a cheap party hostel there's much better in La Paz... Don't support this place.

My opinion was greatly impacted because we booked a pickup from the airport which never arrived. We waited for over an hour and had to get a normal taxi. The hostel said it was a mistake and didn't even apologize. That aside, the hostel has a very nice bar and lots of activities and partying going on. It can get quite noisy, specially on the higher floors (the bar is at the 6th floor). There is also a nice view of the city from the bar. WiFi rarely works and breakfast is not included.

Party Hostel. Well Located. Amazing view on La Paz Big problem with Diogo, the bar manager who is completely disrespectful and insultant with bar staff (volounteers) and customers (me included). It makes everyone very uncomfortable. Apparently, from what the staff told me, everybody knows this but nobody can't say anything because he makes the bar be very profitable... that's the limits of an hostel chain, preferring the profit to the service and respect. Will never go back to a Loki... sorry

Everything we wanted from a hostel. thanks Loki x

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5