Loki Backpackers La Paz Reviews

Av. Las Americas #120, La Paz, Bolivia

Not in a nice colonial building as mentioned in lonely planet anymore. New location is a former business hotel that is rarely prepared to be a hostel, rooms stuffed with beds, no sockets, no wifi in rooms, barely wifi in common areas, etc, full with noisy travelers that party all night long - on each of the six floors! But staff is nice plus its central.

Not enough seats or tables in the bar so a lot of people eating off their laps/standing up. The staff are what makes Loki one of the most sociable places in La Paz. First room stank of sewage so they moved us to a new one straight away.

Loki in la paz has such a good vibe, we got on really well with the staff who met our needs. Is a big building that is quite echoey so earplugs needed if yo want rest in this party hostel !!!. Good restaurant menu at great prices. Would stay again

Outstanding service, a beautiful bar with great food selection, and nice rooms with private bathrooms! The best hostel I stayed at in La Paz! : )

Very friendly staff, especially the guy who worked the overnight shift!

• 28th Sep 2014

The wifi was non existent!!!

Awsesome hostel party hostel if that's what you're into good value over all. The staff there are always drunk and don't really know what's going on, the tour staff lack knowledge. You're best to ask the guys at the front desk what to do found them the most helpful and willing to help as they are locals. Great view from bar but if you want to chill out there don't count on it. My friend was just trying to relax at 1pm and there where drunk idiots that just would not leave her only.

Fun hostel. Good helpful staff at the tour agency. Awesome views from the bar and generally a pretty nice building.

Typical party hostel, cool facilities, hot showers, loud. They do have lockers in the 10 bedroom dorm rooms. Make sure to lock up your stuff, people will take your laptop and phone if you don't lock it up. Easy to meet people.

The hostel is still in the process of getting built, but they still had some of the comfiest beds I had slept on in weeks. Great views from the bar.

great stay the staff were very helpful. even put us in a separate room as there wernt many guests. great place to saty

Do yourself a favour and get a private then it's the perfect party hostel and you also get a great night / day sleep

Great hostel with an awesome bar overlooking the city. Big menu to order from at the bar at good prices. Fun hostel!

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Loki is a great place to stay, yes its party but if you want somewhere quiet, don't stay at a Loki! We stayed in a twin room on the 3rd floor and you couldn't hear the bar too much, no problems sleeping etc. Tour desk guy wasn't fantastic, nice guy but not a lot of personality and couldn't give much information.

It's a hotel. Just rooms and a bar. Not much else you can do. Only 3 computers for 250 people. Nothing to do except drink and sleep. No decent communal areas.

It was the worst hostel that I stayed ever! The bar in the top of the building is just too loud, and the music runs until 5 AM in the morning. Some people just get really drunk and start to knock in my door in the midle of the night! Other ones just scream at the hall. I couldn't sleep at all! The room smell very bad! The wi-fi was terrible. I couldn't use that! And the staff also doesn't help too much!

Awful wifi and cold rooms. Good security.

great atmosphere very viby hostel definitely don't go if you want sleep it gets pretty noist but was alot of fun and a decent location. Facilities were pretty good and lockers make for good security and the staff were fun friendly and super helpful.

The dirtiest place I have ever stayed in! The hostel is filthy, disgusting. I stayed there for 4 days, our room didn't get cleaned, they didn't even supply toilet paper. The place stinks, it's loud, impossible to sleep (people yelling until 6am). I would not recommend this hostel to my worst enemy!

It's cheap and it's nasty but you get what you pay for. Staff lost our booking (even though I called 3hrs earlier to tell them we would be late). They miraculously found a room 10mins later even though they were previously 'full'. It's a party hostel and we knew that, but people were still partying right outside our room till 6am. Broken glass, people passed out in the lifts and chilli sauce sprayed all over the walls in the corridors in the morning. Crazy place! Stay if you want to party!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4