Loki Backpackers La Paz Reviews

Av. Las Americas #120, La Paz, Bolivia

Good hostel . Tons of people which means that there are plenty of people to meet but also may mean more cliques to breakthrough . Wifi is terrible here but the computer desktops work . Drinks kind of expensive . Clean rooms and bathrooms . Staff very friendly and helpful

We meet many nice people here and had a great time in La Paz, the staff was very helpful and nice, our room clean and the showers were really nice and hot!! The wifi didnt work very well, but they have many PCs to use, so it was okay. There is a party every night on the rooftop which we joined every now and then, but still were able to sleep the other nights. I loved the free tea section and the views from the rooms! Even the airport pickup worked out perfectly! I missed a kitchen though!

If you like to party this is the place to go, their Bloodbombs are amazing! Good food, good location and very clean. Only downside is that the wifi is poor, not enough lockers and there's no kitchen. But overall a very nice hostel!

They mistook our reservation though we confirmed it TWICE and 12% was paid. Took 20 min to solve the issue. Then, I got very frustrated with the staff attitude when I had a big crisis: I thought I left stuff in a tour company in Uyuni and wanted to call them (I'd pay for it) but Loki has calls to La Paz only! It was 7 am so phone booths were not opened yet. I was desperate but the staff was indifferent and unwilling to help me except for one member who did call from his own cellphone (thank u!)

Review of our first night at Loki: The staff is friendly but not always available: you can wait several minutes to be helped since there are A LOT of guests in the hostel and the treatment is not very personalized. There's no WiFi signal in the rooms (we were in the 4th floor). The electricity sockets are too loose and the plugs get easily disconnected. Some bed mattresses should be changed. There's too much noise at night in the corridors. Good thing: Hot water all day and good location.

security is very good, location ok, staff very unfriendly, it took us 45 min to check in at night, very complicated to check-in there, i didn't like the atmosphere there, it is a really party hostel and it is a huge hostel with seven floors, everything very clean, wifi does not work properly,

Good for booking tours like Death Road and Rurrenabaque. Location was central and easily accesible. Great place to meet people. Check in and check out took forever though.

The bar is awesome, with super nice atmosphere and staff and wine offering. The view from the bar is good too. The location is alright, there's a big market nearby so there's something to see, around 10 mins walk from the central bus station and not hard to find. The toilets are not too clean though they have sufficient powerful and hot water.

The good - powerful (hot) shower, lockers in dorms, decent bar with amazing view over the city, friendly staff (new bar manager is great). The bad - internet was the worst we've come across in south america! Shocking. You're limited to common areas, but even then it was constantly dropping, not letting you connect, and generally just sucking. Our four bed dorm had one plug in the main room which didn't work, and so were limited to one plug in the bathroom to share between us!

Great social hostal. Very close to bus terminal and central area of La Paz. If you want a quiter night get a room on the lower floors as the bar is on level 6.

WIFI DOES NOT WORK !! BARELY WORKS EVEN IN THE FIRST FLOOR AND BAR the rest is quite good... but it really pissed me off that I did not have wifi for 5 days another thing, loki is a party hostel and the music goes on until 1am (and I loved it), but if you are not willing to party.... staying in the 10 bed dorm on the 5th floor is impossible to sleep

Definitely a party hostel. Very loud party-music whenever the bar/restaurant is open which can be heard in some of the rooms. But the location and food is great.

• 4th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

Super comfy beds in really specious rooms with nice duvets. En suite bathrooms and the water was always hot. The food served in the bar on the top floor was yummy and good value. Only thing is getting wifi isn't great but you can definitely get by especially in the car area.

Superb Hostel. Definitely would recommend Loki to anyone visiting La Paz

This has to be the ugliest and least comfortable hostel I have ever stayed at. The building is very run down and dirty. The beds are filthy and very uncomfortable. The bar food is horrible. I have scored security low as the cleaner left her key in our room door so anyone could have entered. Staff are ok,not very friendly or helpful. Central location is good!

Very good party hostel, everyone was so welcoming. Easily able to stay for much longer than planned ! Blood bombs are lethal ! Definately would go back .

• 27th Feb 2015

It is a huge hostel and therefore quite anonymous. You have to be very outgoing to get to now people or have luck with your roommates. It is also a party hostel and if your room is close to the bar and/or your roommates are partying hard, ot will be difficult to get enough sleep. Nonetheless it was a good place and having a bar and restaurant in the hostel is quite practical.

DIEGO i miss you=) just another crazy partyhostel where you can easily forget that theres actually an amazing city outside cuz you wanna hangout at the hostel allday and allnight long. i can really recommend that place to anyone who likes to have a good time with people from all edges of this planet. cheers straight outta Switzerland.

Not that good wifi, unclean bathrooms, good location though! No breakfast but you can buy it in the bar. Nice rooms.

This hostel is very big and many travellers are in huge groups which makes it very difficult to meet people compared to a smaller hostel. The kitchen food is good and the staff is very helpful. The rooms have great views too. The wifi here is terrible and never worked. Good stay but I would personally give another hostel a try. Location is decent, but you everything is around 15 minutes walking distance.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4