Loki Backpackers La Paz Reviews

Av. Las Americas #120, La Paz, Bolivia

No heater in all rooms - so it was cold, especially during the nights!

The staff here where very helpful but the place is simply too big and they where clearly overwhelmed. The noise from the bar is ridiculous and kept me awake until 2am despite my being on the 2nd floor and the bar on the 7th.

Stayed there with 2 other friends and we just loved! A huge building with a very nice place for (great!) parties with a great view from the city. They also have a travel agency inside. Nice bed and room.

Very nice hostel. Clean room and good shower. The karaoke nights are noisy. Give a mic to a drunk teen in the meddle of the night isn't a good idea for me.

We had a nice room, but we found a used condom wrapper on the floor. This is to give you an idea that this is a nice place, but it is run poorly. The staff seem friendly, but they're constantly overwhelmed by other guests, which is maybe why they fail to clean the room even when reminded/asked to do so multiple times. The station with free coffee/tea is constantly missing things. The computers provided seldom have internet access and the bar at the top is WAY TOO LOUD. Would not recommend.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Bolivia

just about breakfast, they say it was a full one but then i was just given the choice of tea or coffee, no bred no eggs no nothing, just hot drinks, but apart from that it was perfect

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Ecuador

Nice basic hostel. Wifi was the worst thing but can live without, except when you might need to book things! Close to the bus terminal!

Wifi does not work at all. There is no point in having it also there is only 3 communal computers and 1 is perminatly broken

Scored this place low because a persons MacBook was stolen from their room, we got our washing done with the laundry desk in the foyer and had over £100 of clothing missing when it came back, and the wifi is pretty much never working! Still, we had a private room and were happy with it!

Internet was rubbish, staff were not really welcoming - I mean the bar staff, other staff yes. Heard wild rover is much better. Also was my own fault but was charged full price for my stay there when I should have had 15% off the price as booked through hostelworld. My stupidity versus the hostel either conning me or forgetting aswel.

Attentive staff. Wifi horrible. Well-equipped play area. Large rooms. great location. It is worthwhile

Awful WiFi but that seems to be a trend in Bolivia

It's a common feeling of the big hostel. If you like party this crowded place may suit you. It's well known hostel in La Paz which very good price.

The view of Mt Illimani is awesome. Bar is cool and menu is nice - included breakfast is really basic. Good if you want to drink and party.

I stayed at a single full bed private room. The view from the room was spectacular. The shower was alright, but for hostels it was great. Atmosphere is a very party hostel, but you do not really hear the noise due to the rooms being a few floors below. The WiFi is very inconsistent, and only on the top two floors, so please take that into consideration if you are planning to stay. Additionally, the food is sub-par, even by hostel standards - stay clear of the quesidillas.

The hostel was really good. It has everything you need: Good bar with a great atmosphere and some games (pool table, foosball and more). It's a big party hostel so those who want peace and quiet are advised not to stay there. The room was nice and clean with an en-suite bathroom. The food in the bar was generally average. There was only 1 type of bread used for everything. It was some sort of bap used for breakfast (they didn't have sliced bread or loaf of bread to make toast) and burgers...

Bad experience. Staff were useless and extremely unfriendly. We had people walk into our private room once at 2am and once at 7am(door was locked).If we had not been in the room all of our stuff could have easily been stolen. When we reported this to the front desk they only said "that's too bad". The bar is constantly crowded of young drunk people looking for all day parties. If this is what you like this hostel is perfect for you. Internet doesn't work ever. Rooms were clean and comfy.

Best Loki I went in S.America. No wifi in the room, but only on 6th/7th floors and not always working

Great hostel, friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommended.

Great rooms and atmosphere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3