Loki Backpackers La Paz Reviews

Av. Las Americas #120, La Paz, Bolivia

Great hostel with an awesome bar overlooking the city. Big menu to order from at the bar at good prices. Fun hostel!

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

It was the worst hostel that I stayed ever! The bar in the top of the building is just too loud, and the music runs until 5 AM in the morning. Some people just get really drunk and start to knock in my door in the midle of the night! Other ones just scream at the hall. I couldn't sleep at all! The room smell very bad! The wi-fi was terrible. I couldn't use that! And the staff also doesn't help too much!

Awful wifi and cold rooms. Good security.

The dirtiest place I have ever stayed in! The hostel is filthy, disgusting. I stayed there for 4 days, our room didn't get cleaned, they didn't even supply toilet paper. The place stinks, it's loud, impossible to sleep (people yelling until 6am). I would not recommend this hostel to my worst enemy!

It's cheap and it's nasty but you get what you pay for. Staff lost our booking (even though I called 3hrs earlier to tell them we would be late). They miraculously found a room 10mins later even though they were previously 'full'. It's a party hostel and we knew that, but people were still partying right outside our room till 6am. Broken glass, people passed out in the lifts and chilli sauce sprayed all over the walls in the corridors in the morning. Crazy place! Stay if you want to party!

A complete party hostel! Stayed here for a few nights, not great if you want a good nights sleep but great for meeting lots of people in the bar! Decent price and good location. No lockers in the room which is a bit of a pain especially in big dorms! We found the manager, lady from US, a bit rude and patronising at times and the bar staff are constantly drunk and barely functional at best but Tom, the bar manager, is great for getting party started and making sure everyone is having a good time!

Staff were too concerned with having a good time and not tending the bar. Restaurant/bar area were always filthy with plates, mugs etc. Great location!

• 28th Jul 2014

dreadful Wi-Fi, some staff at reception were useless

I was aware of the fact that loki hostel is known to be a party hostel and I didn't mind the noise and people sleeping in the same dorm coming in and out. But the first night at 5h20 a.m. a girl from the loki stuff came in to our room with the hostelkeys, lit the lights and woke us up, asking if we want to party. That is inacceptable and the third night she came into our room again without knocking at 7 a.m! The room was cold and without any charm, only the bar was nice. Never loki hostel again!

Definitely recommend Loki. La Paz at night can be a bit shady so its nice to have the party in house and use the people you meet to venture outward. Good location, food, and accommodations. Great social scene.

Not a bad hostel. Great bar with a great view. Just unbelievably loud. This is a place to party, period. If you want to sleep go somewhere else. Bar is on seventh floor. It boomed to our room on the third floor. It gets unbearable at 2am when it closes and everyone is heading back to their rooms. Singing, yelling, fighting, wrestling, and running down the hallways till 4am. We also had a drunk guy try and get into our room for 5 min until I got up and confronted him.

Huge party hostel! Don't expect to get any sleep if you're on the 5th floor. Not very secure, anyone can come into the hostel since they want to make money from the bar. My cell phone was stolen out of my room while it was charging. I'm not blaming the hostel on that, but it was probably stolen by someone not staying at Loki. Lockers are in reception, far from the rooms. I had a fun time and I was traveling alone. Terrible wifi.

Excellent place, but you need to book with weeks before to make a reservation. I could only stay there once, when I came back to La Paz, one week later it was completely full.

A hostel like an old hotel. Definitely a goos place to meet people and party. Tour desk guy was great too. Issues are the wifi sucked, there needs to be some better soundproofing of the bar upstairs and a few social areas added.

Cool hostel, great location!

Pretty sweet and standard party hostel.

Definetely a party Place. Good location . Only problem sometimes the staff were not cery helpful. Despite having a reservation my room was not ready till 5 pm after having not slept all night. I kept going to reception they kept saying ready in 30 min! In the end a particula memeber of staff was avoiding. Aprat from that though everyone is really nice!

Good beds, good bar, partyhostel but not to crowed and you can avoid the party in the chill-out area or in the TV room. Staff was friendly and helpful. Wifi was poor.

Poor staff and very noisy hostel.

Great place to meet people, has good hot water, terrible wifi.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4