Loki Backpackers La Paz Reviews

Av. Las Americas #120, La Paz, Bolivia

The location is near everything you want, and the day time staff are nice this is by far the absolute worst hostel I have ever stayed at! Rooms cold&damp your towel never dries and your stuff is wet if in the bathroom. Although signs are posted about respecting quiet time all over the hostel nothing is ever done about it if there are rowdy drunk guests running around all night. 2nights in a row around 1until 4 in the morning there were rowdy and staff NVR stopped

Large, centrally located hostel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was basic but clean. Nice views of city and mountains from communal areas on levels 6 and 7. If you are looking for a social party atmosphere then this is a good hostel for you, we felt that the reviews we read prior to booking the hostel reflected our experience too. Was great for the 2 nights we needed in La Paz. The tour desk downstairs were very helpful and efficient too.

• 27th Jun 2015

This hostel is a good place to hangout. The 7th floor has a great view, bar, games, and a restaurant. The showers have hot water and the hostel has a travel agency to book tours. The only complain That I have is that the wifi is so inconsistent and poor that it is incredibly frustrating. This might be a general problem in Bolivia (La Paz is my first city in Bolivia) but it was true for this hostel. I do plan on returning though as it is a good place to chill.

Loki is the best of a bad bunch when it comes to internationally run hostels in La Paz. The atmosphere is just the bar. The café menu reads well but the food is disappointing! Go to the market for real food. One staff member was very helpful, but the majority were unfriendly & bored with their work. Loki offer overpriced tours so if you want to book your trip, party & eat without actually having to go outside... it's perfect. This place serves for a.couple of nights with a good.group.

Typical party hostel - good place to get drunk (or other), lots of morons, noisy at night. Late checkout is great. Rooms clean and comfortable. Wi fi is terrible. Breakfast not included and options to buy are good but expensive.

The private room was really cold. They need to check the ventilation there. And the mattresses were very hard and very used. The barroom was not really clean and the shower-door was broken. Like the curtains and the heater. The floor was very dirty they need to was the carped. The menu of the bar was good. Much variety of food and drinks. The staff at the bar were nice. My components... The music at the bar is the same. Wich can get annoying. Smokers lounge was good and big but to cold.

Stayed here at the beginning of my Bolivia trip and end and loved it both times. Great location and friendly helpful staff. Amazing party atmosphere. Great bar which also serves food at an ok price. HOT SHOWERS :)

We had so much fun at Loki! It's a party hostel for sure :)

Had so much fun here! The atmosphere is great and everybody was so friendly! The showers were hot and powerful, and the beds are big and comfy!

I was noisy at night probably more for young backpackers

The staff is very nice and wanting to help (even if they should put more employees in the bar : breakfast takes hours, 25 minutes for 4 pancakes). If you want to party this is the place to be with the bar at the 7th floor organising parties everyday! If you want to sleep, you should take the lower rooms. I was in a room for 4 people at the 4th floor, the girls i was with weren't loud so it was perfect! Very nice view from the room with a big window. Really well located. Veeery bad wifi though!!

• 27th May 2015

This is a party hostel - if you want a quiet night's sleep, you're unlikely to get it here due to the music playing in the bar and other guests being drunk and noisy in the corridors or rooms. That said, the rooms themselves are quite comfortable and clean. The WiFi isn't brilliant - works well very early in the morning, but is slow or impossible to connect any other time.

I never leave a bad reference but in this case I make an exception. Worse service ever! They made us pay twice as much for the room! Not 65 Bolivianos but 130 Bolivianos per person for a crappy room with lots of noise for that kind of money you can better book a hotelroom. When I explained to them that we had paid 130 Bolivianos instead of the usual 65 because they made a mistake on the Bill they refused to give the money back which was a Total of 200 Bolivianos that the hostal overcharged/stole

Awful! Limited staff at reception (1 person at busy times) it's always busy and waiting times to get served are 15 minutes. Overpriced, i.e. no breakfast included, no drinking water, AWFUL wifi - for the price you would expect that to be included. Slow slow slow describes this place perfectly. Even when ordering breakfast, it took 20 minutes to get 4 slices of toast?!?! By that time my eggs were cold. No one knew where I should go to get the bus to Copacabana. Noisy, sloppy. Really bad hostel.

The bar is a bit loud but really fun atmosphere and the staff was very helpful, you can't beat the location

ONE MORE NIGHT!.. ONE MORE NIGHT!.. This is what you'll be saying every morning after waking up in this hostel! We had SO much fun staying here that our original 3 night booking ended up being 7! The staff were amazing helping us out with every little problem we had, the party nights were ridiculously fun, the bar always had great atmosphere & we fell in love with everyone we met there! The best Loki we've stayed at by far. Diogo & the bar staff deserve extra mention for outstanding bartending;)

This hostel needs a big dose of efficiency! Expect to wait a really long time for everything from breakfast to asking a question at reception! I liked the lockers with plugs in them in reception, but no plugs in the rooms, also no lockers for bags. Showers were hot, rooms pretty cramped with everyone's stuff and wifi is terrible, but seems to be the case in Bolivia . Great if you want to party, ask for a lower level though room if you want to sleep!

The hostel is excelent, for people that like parties and for people who doesn't. It has no cooking facilites.

Staff are fantastic, some of the best I've spoken to in South America. the facilities are quite worn and the WiFi is very poor, don't go here if you need to book anything in advance, e.g. HOSTELS. The noise levels in the middle of the night are unacceptable. I'm no old man and I love night life as much as the next traveller but its so poorly monitored. Wild rover is easily the best hostel in La Paz, mark my words. A massive shame as the location and the staff are great, but it ends there for me.

It was a great place. Although it has a reputation as a party hostel it wasn't noisy unless your on the top floor with the bar.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4