Loki Backpackers La Paz Reviews

Av. Las Americas #120, La Paz, Bolivia

Awsesome hostel party hostel if that's what you're into good value over all. The staff there are always drunk and don't really know what's going on, the tour staff lack knowledge. You're best to ask the guys at the front desk what to do found them the most helpful and willing to help as they are locals. Great view from bar but if you want to chill out there don't count on it. My friend was just trying to relax at 1pm and there where drunk idiots that just would not leave her only.

Fun hostel. Good helpful staff at the tour agency. Awesome views from the bar and generally a pretty nice building.

Typical party hostel, cool facilities, hot showers, loud. They do have lockers in the 10 bedroom dorm rooms. Make sure to lock up your stuff, people will take your laptop and phone if you don't lock it up. Easy to meet people.

The hostel is still in the process of getting built, but they still had some of the comfiest beds I had slept on in weeks. Great views from the bar.

great stay the staff were very helpful. even put us in a separate room as there wernt many guests. great place to saty

Do yourself a favour and get a private then it's the perfect party hostel and you also get a great night / day sleep

Great hostel with an awesome bar overlooking the city. Big menu to order from at the bar at good prices. Fun hostel!

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Loki is a great place to stay, yes its party but if you want somewhere quiet, don't stay at a Loki! We stayed in a twin room on the 3rd floor and you couldn't hear the bar too much, no problems sleeping etc. Tour desk guy wasn't fantastic, nice guy but not a lot of personality and couldn't give much information.

It's a hotel. Just rooms and a bar. Not much else you can do. Only 3 computers for 250 people. Nothing to do except drink and sleep. No decent communal areas.

It was the worst hostel that I stayed ever! The bar in the top of the building is just too loud, and the music runs until 5 AM in the morning. Some people just get really drunk and start to knock in my door in the midle of the night! Other ones just scream at the hall. I couldn't sleep at all! The room smell very bad! The wi-fi was terrible. I couldn't use that! And the staff also doesn't help too much!

Awful wifi and cold rooms. Good security.

The dirtiest place I have ever stayed in! The hostel is filthy, disgusting. I stayed there for 4 days, our room didn't get cleaned, they didn't even supply toilet paper. The place stinks, it's loud, impossible to sleep (people yelling until 6am). I would not recommend this hostel to my worst enemy!

It's cheap and it's nasty but you get what you pay for. Staff lost our booking (even though I called 3hrs earlier to tell them we would be late). They miraculously found a room 10mins later even though they were previously 'full'. It's a party hostel and we knew that, but people were still partying right outside our room till 6am. Broken glass, people passed out in the lifts and chilli sauce sprayed all over the walls in the corridors in the morning. Crazy place! Stay if you want to party!

A complete party hostel! Stayed here for a few nights, not great if you want a good nights sleep but great for meeting lots of people in the bar! Decent price and good location. No lockers in the room which is a bit of a pain especially in big dorms! We found the manager, lady from US, a bit rude and patronising at times and the bar staff are constantly drunk and barely functional at best but Tom, the bar manager, is great for getting party started and making sure everyone is having a good time!

Staff were too concerned with having a good time and not tending the bar. Restaurant/bar area were always filthy with plates, mugs etc. Great location!

• 28th Jul 2014

Mostly living off it's old reputation. The new hostel is a converted hotel, so isn't really a hostel at all. Bar upstairs is good and open to all. Recommend staying at a nearby hostel (there's a few good ones), and then joining the party here when you feel like it at the top floor bar.

dreadful Wi-Fi, some staff at reception were useless

I was aware of the fact that loki hostel is known to be a party hostel and I didn't mind the noise and people sleeping in the same dorm coming in and out. But the first night at 5h20 a.m. a girl from the loki stuff came in to our room with the hostelkeys, lit the lights and woke us up, asking if we want to party. That is inacceptable and the third night she came into our room again without knocking at 7 a.m! The room was cold and without any charm, only the bar was nice. Never loki hostel again!

Definitely recommend Loki. La Paz at night can be a bit shady so its nice to have the party in house and use the people you meet to venture outward. Good location, food, and accommodations. Great social scene.

Not a bad hostel. Great bar with a great view. Just unbelievably loud. This is a place to party, period. If you want to sleep go somewhere else. Bar is on seventh floor. It boomed to our room on the third floor. It gets unbearable at 2am when it closes and everyone is heading back to their rooms. Singing, yelling, fighting, wrestling, and running down the hallways till 4am. We also had a drunk guy try and get into our room for 5 min until I got up and confronted him.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4