Fabulous 1,602 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,602 Total Reviews
Lollis Homestay Located at Goerlitzer Str. 34, 01099 Dresden, Dresden.
Germany
Dresden 01097 Goerlitzer Str. 34, 01099 Dresden
89% 1602
51.0687604 13.7555909
    Rooms available

7th Jan 2017
6.9

All staff are very nice and friendly but I didn't like the hostel design: feels dirty and dusty, like a bunch of junk disguised to look "homey". My hall had a strong incense smell (like an old church) and the red walls and pictures of Jesus and Mary give off a creepy cult-horror movie vibe. No privacy in the showers. Door doesn't lock and there are strategic tape strips on the wall to cover your privates but only if you're the right height for it to cover. Showers: Uncomfortable and not private.

Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking your time to share your impressions with us. First of all I thank you for the nice words about our staff. Really appreciate that. I feel very sorry that you did not like the atmosphere and the design of our Hostel. It seems like you have a very different taste depending on the decoration. As for the privacy in the showers already did something in between. We installed a curtain between the showers and the basin area of the female and also the male bathroom, so there is much more privacy there now. Sorry, if that was a problem for you when you stayed here. But anyway, we wish you all the best and wish you a pleasant journey. Best regards. Martin - Lollis Homestay.

• saddiqjumari
  • Singapore, Male, 18-24
2nd Jan 2017

The ambience was perfect for interaction and of course, the staff was helpful and cheery. You will feel at home. Location wise, it's far from the train station, but near tram stops. I had a rail pass and I wouldn't spend on trams, so it's my choice. The security of this place is great, you got different types of keys for each door and stuff, but it is located in a neighborhood, so anything can happen. But dont worry, Germany is generally a safe country.

Dear Guest, thanks a lot for your wonderful review of our Hostel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and really hope to see you again one day. Best regards. Martin - Lollis Homestay.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
27th Dec 2016

Perfect location! The common area is really nice and cosy, kitchen is very good, though there were no free dinners as per the schedule hung up in the room. The rooms are spacious and well-decorated!

Dear Guest, thanks a lot for your great review of our Hostel. We are very happy that you liked your stay here. As for the free diner the day you stayed here I feel very sorry. We did a mulled wine evening instead, because our cook was ill and so we had to improvise spontaneously. We wish you all the best and hope to see you soon again. Best regards. Martin - Lollis Homestay.

27th Dec 2016
6.6

The hostel is well located and the staffs are nice, but for the price I think the facilities should be better. We stay just for one night and my wife was not able to take a shower because the heating system was broken. For who is treveling take a shower is very important. Also the room smell bad.

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your review of our Hostel. We are very happy that our staff and location have been great for your stay in Dresden. I want to say sorry for the trouble with the heater and the hot showers. Our landlord did not take action when we called him several times that day, which was especially bad as it was during christmas. We tried our best, offering our guests hot showers in our Apartment across the street, we even gave discounts or helped finding another accomodation, but it was tough as most hostels were closed during christmas. Unfortunately the solving that problem with the heater system was not in our hands. Of course the system works again now, we are very very sorry that it happened when you stayed here. We wish you all the best and hope to see you again to serve you with our facilities and athmosphere as good as we are! Best regards. Martin - Lollis Homestay.

26th Dec 2016

Great vibe! I met a lot of like-minded travelers in this hostel. Staff is helpful and friendly. Downside was the warmer & heater were defective on the 1st nights I check-in (26.12.16-Christmas). Staff explained, they couldn't find a repairer as they are off. Warmer & heater were fixed on the 2nd night. Luckily I didn't caught cold. I stayed at 8-bed dormitory, 2nd floor. 2 shared bathrooms for ladies with transparent doors, there's only a curtain to cover up. I personally felt insecure on this.

Dear Guest, thanks a lot for your great review of our Hostel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, even you stayed here when our heating system was broken. That was a terrible situation for us and all our guests. We tried our best to make the best out of it, letting everybody shower in our apartment across the street, helping with blankets and even finding another accommodation in the worst case. Fortunately the next morning the repairman found the problem and was able to solve it. We wish you all the best and really hope to see you soon again. Martin - Lollis Homestay.

• sophie_ast
  • Israel, Female, 18-24
21st Dec 2016

Enjoyed my staying more than on other hostels. Has a family feeling, you get to meet some great people and enjoy a glass of wine in the evening. Girls at the reception were super nice, the guy not so much... The building is old and has no elevator so for those who travel with a huge suitcase (me), will have some struggle to climb upstairs after checking in. Also if you dont bring your own bed sheets you need to pay 2€ to get those and make your bed, I kinda wish I knew that before coming.

Dear Guest, thanks a lot for your great and detailed review of our Hostel. We are very very happy that you enjoye it here so much. Cool that you joined our Free Mulled Wine evening, which is always a nice opportunity to meet the other guests during winter time. As for the bed linen charge you just need to read carefully our property description, and also the booking confirmation. It says clearly that we do charge extra for bed linen, what we have to do, as the prices are so low. But you can always bring your own linen or sleeping bag to save that money. Best regards from Dresden and we hope to meet you again one day in our Hostel. Martin - Lollis Homestay.

• USA, Female, 18-24
13th Dec 2016

Really enjoyed my stay! Extremely cozy, great staff, and the perfect hideaway for travelers!

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your great review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and really hope to see you soon again. Best regards. Martin - Lollis Homestay.

13th Dec 2016

The staff here are amazing!!!!! They helped me make my own walking tour and I saw so much in one day! Really appreciated that. They also let me use my own bed linens which not all hostels will let you do. It's so cozy and nice and the kitchen is great! Would definitely recommend :)

Dear Guest, thank you so much for your great and detailed review of our Hostel. We are very very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I remember also the moment when Juliane, our receptionist that day, made your own walking tour, asking for your interests and ideas. We are glad that it turned out well and you enjoyed your day in Dresden. I will let Juliane also know and say hello to her :-) We wish you all the best and really hope to see you soon again. Best regards. Martin - Lollis Homestay.

• India, Male, 18-24
11th Dec 2016

The place was awesome.. the rooms were clean.. the locker was helpful.. free bicycles to roam around the city!! Free dinner on sunday nights.. good stay overall

Dear Guest, thanks a lot for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and really hope to see you soon again. Best regards. Martin - Lollis Homestay.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
10th Dec 2016

I loved this hostel! It has such a great atmosphere, the rooms are clean & a good size, the common areas are super cozy & the staff are brilliant. On top of their great location in the New Town, they offer awesome free extra's (even in Winter), such as free bike hire, free vege dinners & Gluwien nights & so much more. I had such a great stay here, you'd be silly not to check out this hostel!

Dear Guest, thank you so much for your wonderful review of our Hostel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Very good to hear that our free events, such as free diner and the mulled wine evening have been a good extra for your stay :-) We wish you all the best and really hope to see you soon again. Best regards. Martin - Lollis Homestay.