Lollis Homestay

Fabulous 1616 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1616 Total Reviews

11th Feb 2017
6.0

Not totally clean, very casual, wooden beams everywhere (hit my head multiple times and I'm only 5'2"). The front desk guy who works the night shift gave me multiple wrong pieces of information and advice. Would not recommend, but it was okay.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
17th Jan 2017

Great, clean and cosy hostel in a really great part of Dresden. Great for solo travellers or anyone looking to explore this really cool city.

Dear Guest, thank you so much for your great review of our Hostel. Yeahm Dresden is cool, and especially the area where we are located. Neustadt area is full of great bars, venues and hip stores, just in the streets around here. We wish you all the best and really hope to see you soon again. Best regards. Martin - Lollis Homestay.

7th Jan 2017
6.9

They had an entire floor rented out to young high school students which they do for a month or two each year. Therefor the common area was crowded with kids every night. It seems like it would be an awesome hostel otherwise. The staff was nice but my girlfriend frequently felt uncomfortable when the cleaning guy was around. He would stare a lot and be weir. The truly redeeming factor was the location. We could go out at night and find lots of places to go, and it's only a short ride to old town.

Dear Guest, thank you for rating us! We especially appreciate your excellent comment about our nice alternative area, but also your comment about our staff (We know that our cleaning guy is unique- but we love him as he is, he works here since forever and unfortunately he doesn't speak any English- maybe he was just curious). You are right, we support an alternative school project right now for a couple of weeks (the kids learn how to survive on their own, without their parents for most of the time). We normally do not accept school groups or even big groups at all as we rather like to have real backpackers from allover the world. But in this case we made an exception (also because it is not busy in January here at all, because of low season). We really think, that the idea of "learning how to live together" for kids is really cool. We are sorry that you felt kind of disturbed of that. We hope that you will visit us whenever you're back in Dresden- be sure, that there is no school group during high season, promise! All the best- Juliane, Lollis Homestay

7th Jan 2017
6.9

All staff are very nice and friendly but I didn't like the hostel design: feels dirty and dusty, like a bunch of junk disguised to look "homey". My hall had a strong incense smell (like an old church) and the red walls and pictures of Jesus and Mary give off a creepy cult-horror movie vibe. No privacy in the showers. Door doesn't lock and there are strategic tape strips on the wall to cover your privates but only if you're the right height for it to cover. Showers: Uncomfortable and not private.

Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking your time to share your impressions with us. First of all I thank you for the nice words about our staff. Really appreciate that. I feel very sorry that you did not like the atmosphere and the design of our Hostel. It seems like you have a very different taste depending on the decoration. As for the privacy in the showers already did something in between. We installed a curtain between the showers and the basin area of the female and also the male bathroom, so there is much more privacy there now. Sorry, if that was a problem for you when you stayed here. But anyway, we wish you all the best and wish you a pleasant journey. Best regards. Martin - Lollis Homestay.

• saddiqjumari
  • Singapore, Male, 18-24
2nd Jan 2017

The ambience was perfect for interaction and of course, the staff was helpful and cheery. You will feel at home. Location wise, it's far from the train station, but near tram stops. I had a rail pass and I wouldn't spend on trams, so it's my choice. The security of this place is great, you got different types of keys for each door and stuff, but it is located in a neighborhood, so anything can happen. But dont worry, Germany is generally a safe country.

Dear Guest, thanks a lot for your wonderful review of our Hostel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and really hope to see you again one day. Best regards. Martin - Lollis Homestay.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
27th Dec 2016

Perfect location! The common area is really nice and cosy, kitchen is very good, though there were no free dinners as per the schedule hung up in the room. The rooms are spacious and well-decorated!

Dear Guest, thanks a lot for your great review of our Hostel. We are very happy that you liked your stay here. As for the free diner the day you stayed here I feel very sorry. We did a mulled wine evening instead, because our cook was ill and so we had to improvise spontaneously. We wish you all the best and hope to see you soon again. Best regards. Martin - Lollis Homestay.

27th Dec 2016
6.6

The hostel is well located and the staffs are nice, but for the price I think the facilities should be better. We stay just for one night and my wife was not able to take a shower because the heating system was broken. For who is treveling take a shower is very important. Also the room smell bad.

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your review of our Hostel. We are very happy that our staff and location have been great for your stay in Dresden. I want to say sorry for the trouble with the heater and the hot showers. Our landlord did not take action when we called him several times that day, which was especially bad as it was during christmas. We tried our best, offering our guests hot showers in our Apartment across the street, we even gave discounts or helped finding another accomodation, but it was tough as most hostels were closed during christmas. Unfortunately the solving that problem with the heater system was not in our hands. Of course the system works again now, we are very very sorry that it happened when you stayed here. We wish you all the best and hope to see you again to serve you with our facilities and athmosphere as good as we are! Best regards. Martin - Lollis Homestay.

26th Dec 2016

Great vibe! I met a lot of like-minded travelers in this hostel. Staff is helpful and friendly. Downside was the warmer & heater were defective on the 1st nights I check-in (26.12.16-Christmas). Staff explained, they couldn't find a repairer as they are off. Warmer & heater were fixed on the 2nd night. Luckily I didn't caught cold. I stayed at 8-bed dormitory, 2nd floor. 2 shared bathrooms for ladies with transparent doors, there's only a curtain to cover up. I personally felt insecure on this.

Dear Guest, thanks a lot for your great review of our Hostel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, even you stayed here when our heating system was broken. That was a terrible situation for us and all our guests. We tried our best to make the best out of it, letting everybody shower in our apartment across the street, helping with blankets and even finding another accommodation in the worst case. Fortunately the next morning the repairman found the problem and was able to solve it. We wish you all the best and really hope to see you soon again. Martin - Lollis Homestay.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
23rd Dec 2016

Very quirky cute place to stay in Dresden. We were there for just one night, all you need for this city we think. Our room had a loft bed with a futon underneath, plenty of space. The bathrooms are a bit strange, two showers next to each other with frosted glass and just a few strips of "modesty tape", for the girls bathroom at least, not sure about the guys. The communal spaces are great, very comfy with different places to sit and relax or eat.

• sophie_ast
  • Israel, Female, 18-24
21st Dec 2016

Enjoyed my staying more than on other hostels. Has a family feeling, you get to meet some great people and enjoy a glass of wine in the evening. Girls at the reception were super nice, the guy not so much... The building is old and has no elevator so for those who travel with a huge suitcase (me), will have some struggle to climb upstairs after checking in. Also if you dont bring your own bed sheets you need to pay 2€ to get those and make your bed, I kinda wish I knew that before coming.

Dear Guest, thanks a lot for your great and detailed review of our Hostel. We are very very happy that you enjoye it here so much. Cool that you joined our Free Mulled Wine evening, which is always a nice opportunity to meet the other guests during winter time. As for the bed linen charge you just need to read carefully our property description, and also the booking confirmation. It says clearly that we do charge extra for bed linen, what we have to do, as the prices are so low. But you can always bring your own linen or sleeping bag to save that money. Best regards from Dresden and we hope to meet you again one day in our Hostel. Martin - Lollis Homestay.