Lollis Homestay Reviews

G�rlitzer Str.34, 01099 Dresden, Dresden, Germany

We arrived on motorbikes and had a bit of a hard time finding the hostel, but once we got there it was really good. Friendly staff, lots of bar and restaurants in the area and the rooms at the hostel were really cool! :D

The hostel has a lot of character and quirky decorations that make you feel at home. It also has some sort of event every night; while I was there, there was a barbecue and a vegetarian dinner (both free), as well as a beginners' German class. The only potential downside was the location. The hostel is near cheap restaurants and bars but far from all the main tourist attractions.

The overall feel of the place is lovely. This is basically what i look for in a hostel. It has character and personality. The 'help yourself' kitchen was a nice touch. The rooms are also themed, which gives a quirky fun flavor to it. :)

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Its definetly for younger crowds, staff joins you to any activity and the have many. Bathroom could be better but rooms are perfect with lockers and power outlets near every bed. Its a very nice place to stay in Neustadt Dresden

Located in a very cool neighbourhood with lots of places nearby to eat and drink. This was my first visit to Dresden and hopefully I'll make it back soon and I'll definitely be staying at Lollis when I do.

Very good location. Unfortunately both nights I stayed there people would walk by shouting and singing at all hours of the night, also the tram passes right out front as well, so it can be a bit noisy. But the location is actually quite great. Very close to the action in the new town and very close to the park.

overall exellent. be back

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

i can recommend this hostel. The personal is very helpful, the position is fantastic and the atmosphere is very friendly!!

• 12th Jun 2014

Really friendly and helpful staff; immaculately clean facilities; fanatstic breakfast

Only issue was one toilet for many people in one of the third floor room areas. Otherwise, nice balcony, comfy beds, good wifi, great neighborhood. Free bikes and other perks are really nice. Breakfast is decent and only 4 euros, but I prefer to make my own. Very secure, big lockers, but not big enough for a big backpack (not an issue). Kitchen is small, but well-equipped. Check out the craft beer store just south down the street.

First, know that you are staying away from all of the tourist stuff, which is on the other side of the river. But, there are 2 trams about 10 min walk away that will take you to all of those things. There are a lot of restaurants and shops along the street which is nice. They obviously had past issues with security, because there are signs everywhere. The nice thing is they give you a big locker with a lock. Also have to pay for linens and breakfast.

The environment is quite lovely and friendly, staff are very polite and helpful. It is a real good choice to stay here :)

Pros: Good shower facilities, clean toilets. Friendly staff. Vibrant location, able to get cheap beers and food easily. Allows guest to rent bicycles for free. Cons: Far from main train stations. need to pay for breakfast.

I absolutely loved this hostel! This is the type of atmosphere every backpacker is looking for but hi rarely get at hostels. Awesome common rooms, nightly activities, great area close enough to the old city but in a very cool, hippie neighbourhood. Wish I could have stayed longer It was really that good. I wish there were more lollis around Europe!!

Was not expecting much as I've been to many smaller Germany cities on my trip. Lollies was amazing, and the city even better. Staff cooked us dinner, for free. Had free German lessons. Cool common area. Free bike hire. Drinking spots only 2 mins walk.

• 18th May 2014

Awesome hostel with tons of activities to do. Fully equipped kitchen, outlets on each bed, amazing staff, the list goes on. Fully recommend!

This part of Dresden (Neustadt) is kinda dirty and my first impression wasn't that good! But this hostel is really really nice, lovely staff, good wifi and breakfast, nice "hippie" atmosphere Probably the best hostel in this area :)

We had an amazing time at this hostel. It is in a location that easily connects to everything and the atmosphere is amazing. I would definitely recommend this hostel to others!

I liked the neighbourhood and creatif, easy going atmosphere of the hostel/ my room. The well made free(!) diner on sunday evening, All facilities that I appreciate were there: kitchen, free coffee and tea, laptopuse.

The Lollis Homestay Hostel is a very good Hostel, that makes us feel like in a real Hostel`s atmosphere. It is well located, near a lot of pubs, markets and public transport. The Staff is also very attentious and prestative. A good place to saty in Dresden!