London Backpackers Reviews

8/10 Queens Parade, Queens Road, Hendon Central, London, England

Claustrophobic rooms and terrible location, bathrooms were very poor

• 30th Jan 2016

On the whole my stay was satisfactory. It is pretty much a "get what you pay for" kind of deal. The bathrooms are clean and functional. Inclusive breakfast was OK, given the low cost. There was a notice for renting towels, I rented one but the guy at the desk did not mention that there were already 2 towels in the room. I thought this was a bit of a cheesy way to make me part with £3. My main complaint is the noise, but that is mainly down to the guests.

We are sorry for the towel incident. My colleague did not realise the mistake until recently. We do apologize for this and we will gladly refund you when you come and visit us again.

The beds were not the comfiest beds and our room was situated next to a really busy road. Also the showers were rather dirty. However, for the money you pay for it, I'd definitely recommend it!

• 28th Jan 2016

Hi! You happened to come to our hostel in the middle of renovations, we were painting the bathrooms and that's why you could find some paint stains in the showers. We are sorry about this, and we hope you consider staying again with us if you ever come back to London.

I just fall in love with your hostel. Incredibly nice,friendly stuff and great breakfast. Thank you!

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • Czech Republic

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. See you next time when you come to London.

I loved this hostel! Super reccomended!

Hi, Thanks for the positive review, we are really glad you enjoyed your stay, The refurbishments are better than we expected and it was nice that you liked them too. See you in the summer. Regards Mike

Great place, loved the vibe. Very accommodating stafff. Would stay there again.

• 3rd Jan 2016

Thank you! Enjoy your travels and we hope to see you back soon!

Cold and dirty bathroom, the water was slightly warm, not hot enough for shower. No doors, no privacy. The whole hostel smelled very bad and no elevator or storage room was available. The breakfast was a joke. No good wifi in the room. The location was far far away from central London. Almost in zone 4. Took 30 mins by tube to go back to central London. The staff were not friendly. They smoked and drank like losers...

Hi, Just looked at our booking system and noticed that you didnt stay here.

i really liked this hostel. the staff was very friendly and helpful. the room was clean and the bed was ok. about the location, there is underground right next to the hostel, and its a 20 minute to the ​​center of the city. i had a great time there.

Thanks for reviewing! We're happy to know that you liked our little home. Enjoy your travels!

The smell from the bathrooms and some rooms was really bad. Fortunately I got an okay room with clean people but we had to sleep with the windows open to keep air circulating. Breakfast was mediocre but happy to have coffee and got some snacks at the tesco down the road. The staff were very very friendly, really appreciated their positive vibes.

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Kenya

Thanks for reviewing! We do our best to keep the rooms clean, but this is especially tricky in busy periods such as New Year. Happy to see that you had a good time in London!

Very nice place to stay in London. It is close from the tube station (less than a minute) and supermarkets. Quite organized and clean, and all the staff are very friendly.

Thanks for reviewing! Happy to see that you had a good time :)

Based on fairly ok comments, we thought this would be a decent place to stay in London for a decent price. We were wrong. They shoved 12 people into a room smaller than my dorm room, with bunk beds three high and cages under the bed. It felt like a jail. The people coming in in and out of the building were sketchy-it made me feel really nervous. The guy at the front desk made jokes at the beginning that he had no reservations for that day to scare us and it was no fun. Overall bad experience.

• 29th Dec 2015

We're sorry that you didn't like it, we do our best but every place has its constraints. As for the sketchy people, we are actually happy with the guests we got over the New Year period as most people had lots of fun and nobody caused issues, but we understand that you could have had different feelings. Anyway, we hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

Breakfast is okay: cereal, coffee, tea, bread, milk. We slept in a room of 15 girls. Obviously room was a mess (clothes everywhere haha) but everyone was nice, beds are okay, and you can charge your devices in your own bed (don't forget your converter!). Showers were in the second floor. There are only three showers, but even though hostel was full it was okay! They were clean, and surpirsingly you hadn't to wait so long for a shower, so don't worry about this. Very close to a station.

Thanks for reviewing! We keep the rooms as tidy as we can, but this is hard in busy times like New Year. Happy that you had a good time, and hoping that you choose us if you visit London again!

Loved it! Bit far from central zone 1, but reachable by Northern line quickly, cheap, clean : It is worth it! My downside : the atmosphere and the kitchen. Lots of regular living there for long periods of time means loneliness. Also, even if the kitchen is small and overtaken by regular, I found sad that it is not equiped with the basic (oil, salt and pepper). When just passing, you don't want to buy those - meaning either getting angry at pan while cleaning or begging to borrow,

• 27th Dec 2015

Thanks for the feedback! We will consider putting up a spices rack, although we've seen many a friendship that started off by borrowing a pinch of pepper. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

The hostel is not close to central London, but it's really close to a tube station so get to central London is really easy. The area is not dangerous or anything and the hostel has really economic prices so that's a good thing. Breakfast is ok, but for the price I think is very reasonable, after all you get what you pay for. The staff is respectful and they help you if needed, but don't expect warm welcomes like in other hostels. I think is a good youth hostel with good quality/price ratio.

Would highly recommend this hostel to anyone. Very competitive rates and comfortable beds. Staff were awesome and couldn't do enough to help. A stone's throw from Hendon Central tube station which has regular departures to King's Cross. If staying in North London look no further.

Thanks for your review! We're happy that you had a good time in London. See you next time!

The location was great- so close to the tube station. The value for money was amazing, I wasn't expecting something so nice for so cheap.

• 18th Dec 2015

Thanks for reviewing and enjoy your trip!!!

The hostel is full of young people, has a beautiful community atmosphere. The structure is new and clean and the personal is very helpful and nice. I definitely raccommend it because I LOVE IT!

• 12th Dec 2015

Thank you very much! Take care and we hope to see you again soon!

Recommend. Great staff very friendly and even gave sweets at the counter was a bonus

• 12th Dec 2015

Thank you! We try to do our best :)

My friend and I had a very good stay, we booked a 15 beds dorm for girls. We liked the curtain, the USB and the lamp in each bed. It was very comfortable. Free breakfast is very good, bread, cereals, milk, tea and chocolate, it was perfect. Staff is super friendly and happy to help. We'll be back!

Thanks for reviewing! We're honestly happy that you had a good time, and hope to see you the next time you visit London!

Could be cleaner.. Some renovations are needed. Loud as hell with the street right outside the windows.

Hi! We are doing some renovations indeed, including repainting and refurbishing most rooms and bathrooms. Sorry about the street noise! The council decided to do the road works at night in November/December but thank God those are long finished. Please consider staying again with us in the future and you will notice the improvements!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6