London Backpackers Reviews

8/10 Queens Parade, Queens Road, Hendon Central, London, England

Very good value for money and I really enjoyed my stay

• 22nd Aug 2015

This is a cool hostel, it's in north london quite far from the centre but right next to a tube station so its no trouble getting in and out of town. Friendly atmosphere, great staff, its well worth a visit.

Super helpful, friendly staff! We were welcomed warmly and they did a wonderful job helping us with directions (to the next pub) and storing our luggage (so we could go to Harry Potter unobstructed). The room was fine, just that there was a constant peeping sound that made sleeping a bit tricky. Also I get the idea of rubber sheets on the beds, it just makes the beds a lot more uncomfortable.

• 21st Aug 2015

Secure hostel in zone 3, easy 30-45 min tube ride from most attractions. Although decorated as a funky fun place, the atmosphere was much more subdued, furthered by the staff, who mostly varied from indifferent to irritated (with the exception of one guy who smiled). It seemed clean, with bathrooms cleaned daily. Showers smelt funky sometimes but looked clean and were always warm. Kitchen was small for the hostel size and a bit poorly equipped. Cheap for London, so great value for money.

For 3 nights it was really good. Comfortable beds, good atmosphere. What was not ok? -> just 3 showers (men toilet) for this hostel is not enought. Poor breakfast.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Poland

Finding the place was impossible, First night all of the showers broke and people were rinsing themselves off in the sinks, the bathrooms were gross and grimy, it took 25 minutes via metro to get from the city center to the hostel, and 18 people in a room is way too much especially when it says its a YOUTH hostel and 40+ year olds are hanging out in the common room staring creepily at you.

Bathrooms were very unclean, lack of atmosphere in the hostel, it's probably worth paying a bit more to be closer to the CBD, however, if you're on a tight budget, this is the place for you, it does the job.

This is a very good hostel. Very close to the transport facilities and food stores. Often negative point, it's very noisy at night because of the traffic in the street. But besides that, it was great!

great place for the money, bit cramped feeling but not necessarily in a bad way. great atmosphere and staff was kind and helpful, definitely recommend this hostel especially for younger folk.

The staff were super helpful! Really comfy and quieter place to be, closer to the northern side of London.

We stayed two nights at London Backpackers and it worked for us. The 20 person mixed dorm was crazy packed and smelt pretty bad. The lockers underneath worked well for security but we're hard to get in and out of. I just felt like we were so squished in that room but we were really only there to sleep so it didn't matter! Bathrooms were fine, nothing special. It was easy to hop on the underground just gotta know it's a pretty good ride to get anywhere.

Toilets should be cleaned better and more frequently. Showers always full of hair and toilete seats with yellow stains that probably have been there for a long time. The showers are that kind you have to press the tap every 20 seconds in order to the water continue running, really annoying!! Everything else was great, the room, other facilities and staff.

Well setup hostel with the right facilities but after traveling Europe for 3months I have to say it was the dirtiest hostel we have stayed at, the toilets are absolutely disgusting and when watching the cleaners clean them there is no set routine in cleaning them and they basically only sweep and mop the floors. I do think u need to have cleaning list tick sheets for your employees so that you can ensure the task is being completely properly daily. Would start with cleaning of walls too.

While I feel like the location is awful (it's about a 40 minute tube ride into Central London, and when there's no tube it's nearly impossible), I loved the atmosphere of the hostel. The TV room/kitchen was a fun place to hang out in the evenings and the hostel itself was clean enough. It never felt unsafe or made me feel uneasy. Despite how far away from Central London it is, I would recommend and stay again.

Hostel location was right next to hendon station so great and easy to get the tube. London backpackers was an average hostel good for money they needed to have shower set to a hotter temperature :)

• 4th Aug 2015

We really enjoyed staying at this hostel. It was my friend's 1st hostel experience and she got a great impression of the backpackers life.

I really didnt enjoy my stay here. I have been to a lot of hostels and this was one of the worst ive been too. Ok the first problem is the rooms are so hot!! Like im sweating all night hot. Secondly the matress was absoloutly shocking. Ive slept on some bad beds in my time but this one was brutal. My back is so sore!!!! Thirdly the road noise is horrendous. The hostel is parked on a main road intersection that seems to be flat out all day/night long. It is so loud! Only + for hostel is its cheap

Really great hostel, very friendly staff, good and clean rooms, nice community space, right next to the Underground-station! Would recommend it! The only thing I didn't like is that the reception is already closing at 10pm and the kitchen is closed at night .

Pretty decent backpackers and ok value for money but quite far out of central London - it is close to a tube station but if you do not want to spend a significant amount of time travelling I'd suggest you pay the extra and move closer to the city.

I liked the hostel the only problem was the blankets...It was very hot the duvet for summer time.

• 31st Jul 2015