London Backpackers Reviews

8/10 Queens Parade, Queens Road, Hendon Central, London, England

Too far away, expensive washing facilities.

We really enjoyed our stay. It was a bit further to get back out to the hostel each day but in terms of price it was still much better than everywhere else that was left and breakfast was included so we didn't have to pay for that each day which helped out. It would be nice if the showers could be made a bit warmer and they had some better towels available but other than that everything was of a really good standard and people were well behaved all the time.

I had a wonderful, uncomplicated stay!

• 8th Oct 2014

All in all, a very well run hostel.

I am a resident in the UK and I was in the hostel for a few days because I was changing flats. I choose this hostel because it was close to work (and definitely not central) and because it seemed a quiet hostel. I found out I was right as it has been the most quiet hostel I have ever been (almost no one was talking with each other, no partying, etc.). So I would definitely recommended this hostel if you really need a few nights of sleep (and you don`t mind not being so central).

I liked Hendon and being so close to the Northern Line/N5 stop. The free breakfast was nice as well as the staff.

A nice place to stay. Very clean hostel. The free breakfast was nice. Very close to the tube and bus stations so if you don't mind taking the train for the price of the bed, you'll be fine. Nice bunks too, with curtains around each, a lamp and a place to plug in all of your electronics. Lockers and a nice kitchen and hang out spaces.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Slovenia

Great hostel for a long or short stay. It has everything you need, good beds, good range of facilities (warm showers, wifi, kitchen area, lockers), staff are great and keep on top of the cleaning. Location is a bit out of the way but that works out as an advantage as it's quieter and less busy than inner city hostels. No complaints from me at all, will definitely return here in the future.

Not at all close to the city center, but VERY close to the tube, so if you don't mind taking the train for the price of the bed, you'll be fine. Nice bunks too, with curtains around each, a lamp and a place to plug in all of your electronics. Lockers and a nice kitchen and hang out spaces. Good place to stay, if not in the best neighborhood.

We had a great stay with 11 people at this hostel! Recommended!

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Estonia

Lovely stay, only for one night, clean and comfortable. Could do with curtains around the whole bed not just one side.

• 24th Sep 2014

I had a single room. I could be satisfied if a sink would installed there. Noise of the buses from outside. Very clean hostel. Uncomfortable shared shower and toilette.

I was sleeping quite literaly in a busy crosroad with car horns honking constantly. Staff had "I don't care" attitude.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Estonia

The hostel is nice, the biggest problem is the number of people. And the consequent bad smell in dorms. You can find much better places.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Security - Good Space for locker; Location - Far from London centre, but close do Underground and many stores, restaurants; Staff - Was helpful at all times; Atmosphere - Lacked more parties and opportunities to interact; Cleanliness - The bathroom got a little dirty in high movement hours; Value for Money - For what I payed it was excellent; Facilities - Good, has everything, but nothing really special.

• 21st Sep 2014

This hostel was nice because I finally had my own privacy in the dorms - they have curtains on each bed, your own charging station at each bed and your own light. The free breakfast is nice since London can be very expensive, so it's nice to have free food. Having a kitchen in the hostel is a bonus, helps to cut down food costs. Since the hostel is in Zone 3, you'll spend more time on public transportation getting to and from major sites, but the Oyster Card is great for the London Underground.

Maybe a better explanation of facilities and a less matter of fact attitude by the reception staff would help. A smile even would be helpful. But apart from that it served its purpose

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Poland

Most staff were rude and unhelpful. Over priced for what you get. Breakfast is pure sugar no nutritional value. Terrible location to far from the city. Avoid at all cost.

• 17th Sep 2014

I was in a twin room, who was tiny, there was no sink. The shared shower and toilette are uncomfortable. helpfull staff and very clean.

I stayed at this hostel overnight as everywhere else was booked out. I found the facilities great, the staff friendly and the social areas made it a good spot to meet fellow travellers. I was in an 18 bed dorm, seemed over-crowded for the size of the room the beds were in, there are 6 sets of 3 bunks in a room just bigger then an average size bedroom. However I will stay here again if need be, although out of the way, all necessary facilities are in the area, so you don't need to leave.

• 16th Sep 2014