London Backpackers Reviews

8/10 Queens Parade, Queens Road, Hendon Central, London, England

You need to have better signage wrt the cost of towels etc. Customers need to know about the 2 % charge to their credit card as well as that you only accept cash for certain things e.g. towels, so that if you arrive at 9.30pm you don't have to go out searching for an ATM. My Hostel experience in Boston provided slippers for the bathroom which I thought was a good idea, since it reduces the risk of getting a foot fungus in the shower. I was very impressed with the order and cleanliness of my room

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Barbados

Hi, all! My friend and me stayed in this hostel for a night. We were in the room for 18 people. Due to someone's dirty socks the smell was awful and it was really difficult to breathe. But beds were quite nice, there is a lamp and some sockets and a shelf over each bed. The kitchen looked dirty and untidy. The breakfast is served from 7.30 and it's impossible to have it earlier even of you leave hostel earlier. Bathroom and toilets were very small and untidy as well. I would not recommend

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Russia

Staff were not helpful or friendly, had to pay extra for a tub for food, a lock, the doors were tricky to open after hours, the breakfast was not nice, I wouldn't stay there again.

• 24th Oct 2014

Pros: -cheap -simple but big breakfast -beds with USB chargers and night lamps -close to the underground Cons: -no locks on the lockers, bring a padlock -far from the city -

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Poland

no problem at all, liked that hostel, maybe too hot in the room

I'd rather pay double the price and stay close to the city since the day travel tix would cover the cost and because it's just easier to get around and gives you more time. security is fine, not much atmosphere but very clean. Great kitchen with anything you need and shops close by, also laundry facility in kitchen is great. Overall a good place it's just that it would cost the same price to stay much closer to the city when you add in transport costs.

Too far away, expensive washing facilities.

We really enjoyed our stay. It was a bit further to get back out to the hostel each day but in terms of price it was still much better than everywhere else that was left and breakfast was included so we didn't have to pay for that each day which helped out. It would be nice if the showers could be made a bit warmer and they had some better towels available but other than that everything was of a really good standard and people were well behaved all the time.

I had a wonderful, uncomplicated stay!

All in all, a very well run hostel.

I am a resident in the UK and I was in the hostel for a few days because I was changing flats. I choose this hostel because it was close to work (and definitely not central) and because it seemed a quiet hostel. I found out I was right as it has been the most quiet hostel I have ever been (almost no one was talking with each other, no partying, etc.). So I would definitely recommended this hostel if you really need a few nights of sleep (and you don`t mind not being so central).

I liked Hendon and being so close to the Northern Line/N5 stop. The free breakfast was nice as well as the staff.

A nice place to stay. Very clean hostel. The free breakfast was nice. Very close to the tube and bus stations so if you don't mind taking the train for the price of the bed, you'll be fine. Nice bunks too, with curtains around each, a lamp and a place to plug in all of your electronics. Lockers and a nice kitchen and hang out spaces.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Slovenia

Great hostel for a long or short stay. It has everything you need, good beds, good range of facilities (warm showers, wifi, kitchen area, lockers), staff are great and keep on top of the cleaning. Location is a bit out of the way but that works out as an advantage as it's quieter and less busy than inner city hostels. No complaints from me at all, will definitely return here in the future.

Not at all close to the city center, but VERY close to the tube, so if you don't mind taking the train for the price of the bed, you'll be fine. Nice bunks too, with curtains around each, a lamp and a place to plug in all of your electronics. Lockers and a nice kitchen and hang out spaces. Good place to stay, if not in the best neighborhood.

We had a great stay with 11 people at this hostel! Recommended!

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Estonia

Lovely stay, only for one night, clean and comfortable. Could do with curtains around the whole bed not just one side.

• 24th Sep 2014

I had a single room. I could be satisfied if a sink would installed there. Noise of the buses from outside. Very clean hostel. Uncomfortable shared shower and toilette.

I was sleeping quite literaly in a busy crosroad with car horns honking constantly. Staff had "I don't care" attitude.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Estonia

The hostel is nice, the biggest problem is the number of people. And the consequent bad smell in dorms. You can find much better places.

• 22nd Sep 2014