London Backpackers Reviews

8/10 Queens Parade, Queens Road, Hendon Central, London, England

The location is about 30 mins outside of london but a metro is right across from the hostel that will take you right into the city and also to Camden Town. The staff were very helpful but the atmosphere was okay, I'm not sure what the rest of the people where there for because I think most of the people just stuck around the hostel rather then traveled but they also kept to themselves a lot. The facility was clean but the rooms do smell just because I stayed in a huge dorm.

Out of the way of most things worth seeing in London but very close to an Underground station and grocery store. Very friendly staff and decent rooms/bathrooms.

Overall good experience, friendly staff. Not the most vibrant of hostels but convenient if you just need simplicity.

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

Hi, Thanks for your feedback and were happy your enjoyed your stay here.

The hostel is a min away from the tube station. There are plenty of shops and stores nearby. The hostel has a fully equipped kitchen, washing machine, improved Internet on all floors. The beds are massive and comfortable and equipped with sockets and lamp. All the beds are provided with own rack to store your stuff. The bathrooms are cleaned 3 times a day. The staff is really friendly and helpful. Recommended for a chilled and relaxed stay away from the noise of the city.

Hi, Really glad you enjoyed your stay here and found the new beds with all the accessories of use. Our new cleaning team are a real credit to us and we hope to see you on your return to London.

It was a nice experience.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Located in the middle of nowhere. Sheets were dirty. Someone else's hair on my pillowcase. Quiet hours not respected. Staff generally rude and unhelpful. Very hostile environment. The first hostel I have ever actually felt unsafe in.

• 12th Feb 2015

Quiet rooms, each bed has reading lamp, electric outlet, locker, and curtain for privacy. The location is far from central london but easily accessible by the tube. All the staff I dealt with were genuine and helpful. The hostel has a 90s atmosphere -- complete with a full collection of VHS. Please note - the kitchen has all the required amenities, but the kitchen layout is not user friendly. I would recommend rearranging the kitchen to make it easier to use.

everything was perfect, anytime again!!

• 7th Feb 2015

Keep up the good work! Lovely!

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Philippines

The staff and people were very helpful and friendly. Since it was our first time in London we were uncertain about some things but everyone was nice and guided us for which we are grateful for. The atmosphere was great. Especially the lounge areas. We enjoyed our stay and will surely come again next time.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Estonia

It was a good hostel. The guy from the reception was realy kind. That helps a lot. It's a little far from the center, but it has good connections to the underground and busses. The bed was a little "hard-to-sleep-on-it" and the pillow was almost unexistant.

It's my first time to stay 12 room. when i was arrived at hostel, little shocked. triple bed * 4!! and people in that room were sleep early. So i turned off light at 9. Sometimes, wifi didn't work. Without that, I was satisfied with this hostel!

This hostel is really good for the low price. Although it isn't located in the center of town, you have a really good connection via tube. Nice and cheap place.

The shower needs to be changed. It is an old one that you have to keep pressing all the time. Also the hotel can save more money by fixing modern ones that is more economical with water and dispenses less water during showering because of how it is manufactured.

• 2nd Feb 2015

As budget hostels go this is a good one. Helpful staff, decent facilities, decent breakfast.

Great value for money, very clean, in condition building. Next to train station and food stores. Felt like a more mature backpackers lodge than most, which could either be a pro or con depending on the individual. Internet and kitchen facilities were great. I come away from my stay a very satisfied customer.

This is not a good value for money. Try to avoid, it is very old

• 24th Jan 2015

I stayed only for one night. I needed to be in the Hendon area and the Hostel was the most convinient place to stay with being so near to the tube station. I was in a single room with only a bed but it was ok for one night. The staff is friendly, the place is clean and I felt safe. Yes I would raccomend it!

• 22nd Jan 2015

We stayed in a 4 bed dorm. The heater was next to my bed.... all night long... not good. Breakfast was included... white bread and jam. So secure! 2 russian guys off their heads and yelling at each other. Clean! Well it smelled funny all the building and no locks or hooks on the shower doors. I mean this place is ok but i have stayed in far better places

Nice place. Good kitchen and living room. Good dorms. Just 1 thing to be solved: bad smell around toilets

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5