London Backpackers Reviews

8/10 Queens Parade, Queens Road, Hendon Central, London, England

I only stayed one night so didn't get much of an atmosphere, but the rooms and bathrooms are fine. In the room where I stayed the triple bunk beds each had a light, three sockets, two usb sockets and a small shelf above the head, curtains around the sides and designated space under the bed to put your stuff. Only small problem was that you had to pull the basket all the way out from under the bed to open it so it was a little noisy and took up floor space, but it wasn't too bad.

I stayed at the hostel for four nights, and I was positively surprised as this was also my first hostel experience. The hostel is situated in the outskirts of London, but the city centre can be easily reached in under 30 mins by tube (which, conveniently, is just across the street). I liked the breakfast, and the room was clean. The women's bathroom can be a little cramped since there are only three showers. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay. Will come back if I visit London again. :)

• 14th Apr 2015

Super friendly and helpful staff. Cool atmosphere and free breakfast!!!

• 11th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

The room was clean and tidy, and the staff was very nice. However, it would be best if the toilet and bathroom can be cleaner and newer.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

The Hostel has a good struture and good location ,but the staffs are the problems , the one are unfriendly and when we needed some information or just have a short conversation the staffs were so cold and unfriendly and the shower's water was cold as well .

The hostel is not in the city centre but anyway London is a very big city and to go to places you have tto take the metro. There's a metro station almost in front of the hostel which is pretty good, also on the street you can easily find a subway, costa cafe, pizza place, tesco express, a pub and everything you may need. The hostel is very nice, the staff is very helpful and the atmosphere is very nice. In the kitchen there are some movies to watch and some games to play.

It is just a bit away of the city centre, but is right beside a tube station and is easy to reach. Awesome staff and prices.

The underbed-secutity-cages should be bigger in big dorms with a lot of people (they should be as big as the ones in smaller dorms; in smaller dorms such cages are the right size). They shouldn't charge 1£ to rent a locker, especially if ppl got the small security-cage in the big dorm. The prices on the website should be REGULARLY UPDATED to what people get charged when they MAKE THE RESERVATION on the hostelworld webbsite

• 8th Apr 2015

The single private room was fair but it could have been better if there is a wardrobe. There is literally nothing in this room other than a single bed, heater and some sort of non-functioning hanging hooks. It would been useful to include a table top as well so it could be convenient for the customers to put their belongings as I have to put mine on the floor. But otherwise, everything was fine.

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Located right next to a tube station, staff are nice and talkative, beds have there own curtains each, a reading light, 2 USB plugs and 3 uk plug sockets. For the price I paid I was very very impressed with the facilities on the beds, free breakfast is nothing special but it's free and starts nice and early so you don't miss it. There's two lounge areas and wifi is good quality all over the hostel. I couldn't reccomend it enough to be honest, definitely the best hostel I've stayed in in London.

• 5th Apr 2015

It was a little out of the way (a couple stops along the northern line), but is right next to an underground station, which makes getting to downtown London easier, if a little expensive. The rooms were clean, shared bathrooms were clean. I felt safe, and there are locker/cages below the bunk beds so you can lock up your valuables at night in the shared rooms. It was a good place to spend our first two nights, but eventually we moved to hostels and hotels closer to the city itself.

• 3rd Apr 2015

My first experience in a hostel. We liked it alot!! Clean, lots of charger space, warm blankets, sheets provided. Was great =-)

• 30th Mar 2015

stayed in the 12 bed female dorm on the first floor. best designed beds I've come across in a hostel - in built light, plug and usb sockets, curtains. kitchen is adequate for self catering, could do with better tableware. atmosphere is not that great especially because the seating in the kitchen has everyone sitting alone and facing the walls. bathroom was two flights of stairs up so a bit inconvenient, was v clean though as the rest of the hostel. Value for money, better than Palmlodge

This hostel was a great value. The staff was incredibly helpful during our stay, and they were especially acommodating when I had issues wth my card. The place was really great, but it's quite far from central London. Be ready to spend a pretty pound on the tube.

• 27th Mar 2015

Booking in before 1.pm would be nice, though staff was helpful with that.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Everything was good with me there, but the owner who was not polite with me since the moment of my arrival at the hostel.

what I liked : breakfast, a little bit too early, my room single but no table and window you couldn't really close. Staff really nice and helpful. Free internet. What I didn't like : people staying there not polite, the shower water not hot enough, and the most important for me the kitchen : three trashcan but no recycling, not enough cuttlery.

• 24th Mar 2015

So about the location, it is a little far away from the city centre, but both the tube and buses stops are right out the door, there even is a night bus, so it's no problem to get to the centre at any time! Breakfast is nothing special, but good, the rooms are clean, there are lockers that can be used for free... I really enjoyed my stay!

Nicest hostel I have stayed at in uk Facilities were very clean

• 20th Mar 2015

The complimentary breakfast is definitely value for money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5