London Backpackers Reviews

8/10 Queens Parade, Queens Road, Hendon Central, London, England

lock my room lock only with passcode was really unsecure

This is the best hostel i ever stayed at. Everybody was friendly, we met lots of people had fun and the atmosphere at the hostel is simply awesome.

It was the second time I was there, and like the first time I loved it! The atmosphere is wonderful and super comfy. Next time I'll go to London, this will be my first choice!

It's right across the subway station. Very easy to find. Would be better if the common room is bigger and nicer. Overall good experience.

• 6th Aug 2014
  • China

Staff not exceptionally friendly. Was nice that it was right next to the underground, so it was easy to travel to the city. Internet hardly worked the first night, but got better throughout the stay. Privacy in the rooms was a plus

Being my first time staying in a hostel being on a training and could not afford elsewhere I was very surprised that the facilities were a lot better than expected as I only need somewhere to crash out for the night instead of sleeping on a park bench or cancelling my course I was very honored that their was no age restriction being a mature student and starting later in life due to health reasons.

• 6th Aug 2014

Bit far away from city center, but very close to tube and buses, so easy to get around. Very clean and quiet, although probably easy to meet people if you're looking for that. Loved the bed curtains which gave a sense of privacy, and the bed lamp and plugs for both usb and electronic devices above the beds were great. A nice place and good value for money.

Overall a great place that's close to the underground. Internet was slow and could be improved.

Nothing too special about the hostel but it was a good price for London, clean, and had some good amenities. The location is far, but at least it's close to major transportation.

Checkin: they ask for a cash deposit for card access after hours Computers: there are 2. they are ok, but they are only usable during reception hours Beds: I was in the 16 or 18 bed dorm and they would leave the windows open all day and night to the traffic noise because it was so stuffy Shower water was timed and annoying Costs a $$ lot on the metro to get into the main city

It's a really great hostel, bedroom and common room are very welcome. It's a shame that the showers don't close to key.

• 1st Aug 2014

Good location and calm and safe surroundings to be in :)

• 31st Jul 2014
  • India

The staff was friendly and the atmosphere was cozy. However, being 12 people sharing a room in summer time without aircondition is not okay. Apart from that, it was a good experience.

Nice hostel. You can put your valuable stuff into cages under your bed (make sure to bring a security lock or I think you can rent one at the reception). Just a little bit of noise during the morning but I think it is quite normal in a 14-bed dorm room. The position is acceptable...zone 3 (almost 4), around 30 minutes from the city centre using the subway. There are also buses which are slower but really useful if you come back to the hostel after midnight

• 30th Jul 2014

Staffs very nice, location great. It's 1minute walk from tube. But bed and room is too small.

Very happy with the stay. Good value for our money with cleanliness exceding our expectations. Fresh sheets and a metal bed (big plus for keeping the bedbugs away). Our only problem was the fact that our room (small double bed suite) had no ventilation apart from a very small window to the corridor, so the air got pretty bad at night. Otherwise very good accomodation.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The staff was really friendly and awesome. The facilities were very clean and it was a great atmosphere, we had a fantastic time here. The only problem was the rooms get hot and when you leave the window open there's lots of noise from the outside traffic.

Friendly staff, but the locataion could have been more central. Plus for music in the bathroom!

I had an appointment somewhere and when I asked for directions the staff showed absolutely no hurry and pointed me to other sources that would have hours. The beds are three high so I would request a lower bunk if you are uncomfortable with that. Overall the stay was nice, free breakfast was good, the room wasn't bad and it's located right next to a metro station and is one of the closest hostels to the Harry Potter experience while still close to central London.

Need to improve the hygienic condition (smell of the corridor and the room, dinnerware in the kitchen, etc.)