London Backpackers Reviews

8/10 Queens Parade, Queens Road, Hendon Central, London, England

While we were there, there was construction going on which we were not notified about. This meant that the free breakfast would not be supplied and the kitchen was not available for use, which made eating more expensive. The room was fine, the beds were nice however the pillow was essentially as flat as a piece of paper. The bathrooms were a bit dirty, and there was nowhere to put your clothes while showering except on a red stool. Wifi was free and available. Fine for a quick stay.

Renovation was going continuously, wet paint everywhere, many of us got paint of our good clothings. Without notice, the kitchen was closed and no breakfast served and no cooking allowed. This made it very difficult of us to eat at night and had to go out looking for food. My things got stolen i.e rasor, shower cream and toothbrush. Another guy had his ipad stolen. Unfriendly and unhelpful staff watching over us when we were having breakfast. Poor cooking and washing facilities.

• 27th Jan 2014
  • Malaysia

The staff were absolutely lovely! It was amazingly decorated, I love that there was free internet access and computers to use and was incredibly impressed! Thank you :) Only criticism - the gap under the toilet doors was bit big!

• 24th Jan 2014

A good cheap place, around 45 minutes from the centre with the metro I reckon, but it is very simple when you know how to get there. The staff is friendly, I do not want them to be too clingy so it worked fine for me. Although, I stayed in the hostel during a big renovation, so there were painters and wet paint everywhere, also the sounds of electrical saws sounded through the halls, which is fine but there was no price reduction for that. Other than that, really good hostel.

• 20th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

Everything was good, except for the location. is not close to the city centre or the famous places. The recepcionist was really good, they helped us with eveything. And the place when you have your breakfast is small! the hostel can improve that problem!..

• 18th Jan 2014
  • Peru

Good hostel and staff, but very bad located

Not even a nail in the wall to hang my coat. And the hand dryer in ladies bathroom on 2nd floor kept me well awake till midnight and started again around 5am.

• 11th Jan 2014
  • Poland

I only stayed one night. I liked the colourful themes on the wall around the hostel. The beds were 3 high, I've never seen that before. Drunken people be careful! Roll cages under the bottom bed provide lockable security. Each bed has its own curtain, light and power sockets including USB charging, which is awesome. My only dislike were the showers. Push-button activated, only lasts 15 seconds, have to continuously push for the water. Oh, and the 10am checkout is too early!

Would not recommend anyone to stay here. Staff were relatively helpful but not altogether friendly, location is NOT Central as advertised (we had no idea of the layout of London since we'd never been before so this place looked ok for location), and overall the place was dingy and lacked atmosphere. We had planned to stay two nights but cancelled the second as soon as we got there. A dissapo

I would recommend getting a hostel more in the city. It was definitely livable for a few nights, but I wouldn't recommend it. It takes about an hour to get into the city. The bathrooms were pretty gross and beds were triple stacked. Could do better.

The worst thing was not to have access to the wifi in the bedrooms. I also thought the bathrooms not so clean.

The four-people room is far too small for four people.

Breakfast time was from 7:30 to 9:00, it was too short and early for me. However breakfast was good.

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • Japan

I felt that the atmosphere of the hostel was not very friendly. There were a few regular people that were overly drunk and rude to me and other guests. The staff also doesn't make an effort to help at all. I simply wanted to return the card key to get my 5 pound deposit back, and even though the woman was sitting at the checkout desk at 7:45 am she refused to help me until 8 am the next morning

• 23rd Dec 2013

The place really stinks, the location is horrible (although it is located close to the underground station, Hendon Central is REALLY far away from everywhwere in london). Staff are regular, some nice and some really bad. The breakfast is the worst of all i have ever eaten. The laundry lets your close dirtier than it arrived. The neighborhood is kind of dangerous. Didnt like the atmosphere. Really not recomended!!!!!!!

The hostel is great value for money, £12 for a nights stay in London. I felt safe and every effort is made to keep your possessions safe too. My sheets weren't clean though. There was something stuck to the bed sheet and there was black hair int he bed. It felt as if it hadn't been changed.... also the only bathroom is on the 3rd floor. Not great in the night when you have to climb down from the 3rd bunk and climb up an floor just to go for a wee! However I would use the hostel again.

• 12th Dec 2013

Really quirky hostel, a bit out of the way but as its next door to the train station it was easy to get to. Basic but that is what you expect from a hostel. Really nice staff!

• 7th Dec 2013

Stayed in a 12 bed female dorm and it was quiet I got a great nights sleep and the bed was really comfy. I will defiantly stay again!

• 6th Dec 2013

Lovely hostel - stayed in the female 12 dorm, nice and airy and relaxed atmosphere. Lovely staff and good free breakfast in the kitchen in the morning. Only bad thing is location - it is in Hendon which is London Zone 3, quite far out of the city if you like to have everything on your doorstep, but it is only a 20+min tube into the centre. I would recommend if you're looking for somewhere quieter and more relaxed than city centre.

It was absolutely shocking, like being in a prison, no windows in a small cramped room only stayed one of our 4 planned nights there it was that bad- a disgrace.