London Backpackers Reviews

8/10 Queens Parade, Queens Road, Hendon Central, London, England

Could be cleaner.. Some renovations are needed. Loud as hell with the street right outside the windows.

Hi! We are doing some renovations indeed, including repainting and refurbishing most rooms and bathrooms. Sorry about the street noise! The council decided to do the road works at night in November/December but thank God those are long finished. Please consider staying again with us in the future and you will notice the improvements!

We dealt with two members of staff and both were really friendly and helpful. They made us feel welcome and comfortable as soon as we arrived and we're obviously experienced. The only issue we had was the cleanliness, our room clearly had not been cleaned in some time it was dusty, smelt and the bin was full, though the bedding and towels seemed fresh. All the bathrooms needed cleaning properly and despite being closed for cleaning in the evening were still dirty when we used them first thing

• 28th Nov 2015

Our room absolutely stunk and there were roadworks outside of the hotel until 3am

• 26th Nov 2015
  • Northern Ireland

It was a great Hostel, the bedrooms and bathrooms are good and clean. That are a lot plugs to charge electronics. It is a little far from the center Of London, but the hostel is located next to a station, that helps. The main thing that bothers me was that a lot of people live in the hostel, and they are always in the kitchen and their stuff occupy almost all the space in the kitchen.

This is a really good hostel. Al the staff are very nice and always willing to help. The hostel was very clean, with a great atmosphere. I've met some great people in there, it's in my memories now. Thank you London Backpackers!

• 26th Nov 2015
  • Portugal

There are just a few things to say. Staff were great and helped me with all the information I needed, regarding transportation and all. Very clean, nice free breakfast, great vibe. I would definitely come another time and recommend it to my friends.

• 25th Nov 2015

Wonderful staff were so helpful and accommodating at all times!

• 22nd Nov 2015

I have mixed feelings about this place. The location is ok: close to train station and plenty shops/pubs around. The staff pretty unfriendly and don't offer any kind of info. Reception closes at 10pm (i didn't know) and we had to check out at 3am. When asked about it, got a very condescending answer from the staff. I didn't like the bathrooms either : weird and dirty. Our room had 2 windows facing the interior of the hostel. EXTREMELY loud very early in the morning. I wouldn't stay here again.

Further out of city centre then expected, still easily reached by tube. Helpful staff if not fantastic atmosphere.

Not bad for the price but felt a bit cramped the whole time. Location isn't superb either, while it is close to the underground it is far from city center

Staff that worked there was incredibly friendly and helpful, the place was easy to get to considering it was right off of a underground stop, and for the price it was a nice place to have somewhere to sleep.

• 20th Nov 2015

it is OK not the worst I have stayed in but nothing spectacular. corridors smell like sweat. surrounding area has nothing of interest, in fact its a bit depressing. i stayed in the quad room my top bunk got a lot of light pollution from the corridor.

• 17th Nov 2015

my stay and my room was on the day of road work 10pm till early 6am time not a good sleep will stay there another time

This is good hostel, great staff, relaxed atmosphere, only downside is quite a big noise from the street but well you are in london so don t expect much silence :-)

This place is cool, the beds are great cos they have little curtains do you can have some privacy, also there are plugs and lights by each bed. The decor is funky and londony also, would stay again!

I feel so warm when I stay in here... but shower and toilet for me is the most important... there are 5 toilets for so many people. and I have to go upstairs for toilet after midnight. The shower room temperature is not warm enough... but I heard that the male bathroom is ok... I got sick in here...

Hostel is just across the street from tube station, and with tube everything is close. Hendon is quiet place (Y). Staff was really nice to us, breakfast was ok (lot of hostels do not offer brakfast so this is big plus.) Price was good, not to cheap but fer enough. Didn't like that we had to buy our own locks, and that you couldn't sit on your bed, cus the second and third floor bed was too close. But for the price room was ok, and sheets smelled nice. But the toilets weren't so clean.

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Croatia

The stay was pleasant if you're not looking to stay out too late or don't care about using Uber as the location is quite far north and the tube will stop earlier than some would hope. The room was nice - the single private was essentially a large closet but I wasn't expecting much more, and it felt comfortable and very safe with the electronic door lock. Would stay again if needed, but would prefer somewhere closer to the heart of London.

• 2nd Nov 2015

Only stayed briefly, for a single night but was impressed with the value at the hostel. Security was good, staff were helpful, the breakfast was decent and there were some great facilities (pool for 20p per game!). The location wasn't ideal, but everything is still within reach.

If I had a chance, I'd definitely return to this hostel as it has an excellent location and staff is accustomed to dumb questions. During my summer holudays, I'd love to work there even if I'd have to do some odd jobs