London Backpackers Reviews

8/10 Queens Parade, Queens Road, Hendon Central, London, England

Hendon is really far away from the main parts of the city. Things are also very expensive there. About the hostel, there was only 2 bathrooms (one for guys and one for girls) for the whole hostel and it smeel very bad. My bedroom was also smelly and was filled with mosquitos and was quite noise sometimes.

greeeeat place!! hope come back some day :) passed a really good time there

• 25th Jun 2014

Although it's a little way out of the centre of London, being situated right next to the tube station was extremely helpful. I liked the option of a separate females-only dorm and everyone there, staff and fellow guests, were friendly. I would definitely consider staying here again!

• 23rd Jun 2014

Very good hostel. Fairly cheap for London and the staff are all very friendly. I have stayed here before when i have been travelling through London and i am sure i will stay here again in the future. It is much better than most London hostels. I recommend it to other travellers.

I had an enjoyable stay and would gladly go there again. :)

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Very impressed by how secure the hostel is and with the rules that made it run smoothly. A little warm at night (no a/c in the rooms) and had to pay extra refundable 5 Euros for a swipe key to come in at night. Loved that it's right next to the underground.

• 22nd Jun 2014

As a 19 yr-old woman. I would not consider booking a mixed dormitory again, I wonder if it would be more appropriate to offer more single gender rooms.

• 22nd Jun 2014

It's a cheap and hoor stay. The people are Nice and the breakfast was simple

• 21st Jun 2014

Given that this place is among the cheapest in London we were happy about the value for money: -Location (even though 23 minutes on tube north) was OK since it was litterally next to Hendon Central -It had breakfast However we noticed one thing: - The cleanliness of the sheets Upon arrival we found at least 10 (different) kind of hair in our beds, and that is somehow unappaling. We quickly got new ones when requested, but even still. The rest of the hostel were clean!

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Norway

Out of 5 hostels that I have stayed at in the past year or so, this one is the best. Very well ventilated rooms and a good standard of cleanliness. Closely located to the Hendon Central tube station. The rooms were a little noisy due to the traffic on the road outside which is quite common for hostels in the built areas. Other than that this hostel is definitely recommended.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Pakistan

The breakfast is really repititive and not enjoyable after the third time you've had it. Other than that everything else was pretty great. The plug points above the bed should be a mandatory thing for all hostels, so much easier than scouting out a plug point to charge your electrical items

• 19th Jun 2014

nice place, obviously a little out of the way in terms of the tube (zone 4) but good times.

• 19th Jun 2014

Very good value for money. Location is a bit far of the city center, but very near a tube station and bus routes, so it was easy to move around. Facilities are clean and in good state, access to rooms is via code lock and to the hostel after reception closes is via magnetic card. Has individual lockers under beds, bed has individual curtains and power outlets.

This hostel was good, I was in an 18 bed dorm, others were friendly in the dorm and I didnt feel cramped in. The curtains on each bed really helped give a sense of privacy. I also liked having individual power outlets available. It is a little further out from the city, but the hostel is like a minute from an underground station and I dont mind catching trains. There are plenty of shops in the local area too. Some staff more friendly than others. Showers good temp and I never had to wait for one

Except for the hygiene in the bathroom area, the hostel is pretty welcoming, with little intrusion to privacy and safety. Highly recommended!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • India

My only complaint is how hot the rooms got at night. I was literally sweating all night, and I was sick which didn't make it any easier. Didn't sleep well with people being loud in the corridors. Would possibly stay here again if the female dorm is available. Clean, good breakfast, good wifi connection, comfortable bed. Location is pretty far, but worth it for one night.

Stay here if you are spending any length of time in London. Right beside the tube and the staff are great and so helpful! The only downside is that the rooms are so filled with people (15-18). Other than that, everything was great!

I always stay here when I go to London. It's great value, the facilities are really good and it's usually nice and quiet.

I had an amazing time. The staff were helpful and kind and the atmosphere of the hostel was wonderful. The location was also great because it was a minute walk to a metro or bus and there were banks and grocerie stores all around. All in all I had a wonderful experience.

• 15th Jun 2014

Though the hostal is not really close to central London, it's really easy to get to it, and there's the tube station as close as one could wish. It was fairly clean, and the bathroom and rooms are in good conditions. It was just what we needed for two days, and it's the perfect place if you're just looking for a place to sleep.

• 13th Jun 2014