London Backpackers Reviews

8/10 Queens Parade, Queens Road, Hendon Central, London, England

A really nice, clean hostel with nice staff, the bathroom was clean. I was only there overnight so don't know about the breakfast but would recommend going here to anyone!

This place was across the street from a tube station, so that was really nice. It was in a square that had access to some little cafés for food. It was nice of them to give out free SIM cards for phones. Breakfast was fine, toast and choice of cereals, powdered juices, and all day coffee and tea. The room itself was ok, the mattress on the bed was looking kind of gross, bring a sleep sac to sleep in and an extra pillow if you like something a little firm, their pillows were awful, too flat.

Bathrooms were up a floor which was annoying in the middle of the night. Staff was great and gave good directions. Location was good because it was by the station, but sucks if you want to be in the central zone 1 area. Breakfast included was typical. Be prepared to wash your own dishes, I didn't account for that in my time. Security was safe I just wish they didn't charge for lockers.

Andre, the reception that works in morning was great and very helpful with directions. The night reception guy not do friendly and helpful. He kept locking front door and going upstairs.

It was clean, comfortable beds, lockers inside the bedroom. Three shower cabins Whithout a Door, only curtains.The bathroom couldn't be locked... There was one bathroom for girls, and one for boys. It would be better with doors :) The bad point was the common area. You eat in front of the wall, not easy to talk with people when you're alone : / It's not very close from the centre, but it's a cheap hostel, so it's ok. I recommend this hostel if you travel with someone The staff was very nice :)

• 10th Jul 2015

Thank you! We'll be back some day for sure!

The location is the best! The staff is really friendly, in special Dani. The rooms and bathrooms were always clean. When I come back to London, I will definitely come back to this hostel. I recommend it 100%.

I stayed this guest house for a day. Eventho I arrived later than I had to, staff treated me kindly. Actually, because the price was very cheap, I didn't expect much about it, but it was much better in real. Bathroom was clean, and each bed has own concent and usb port, which was very convenient for me. As you know, the bed was narrow but if you stay only for a few days, I recommend there.

• 5th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

The people the staff was ridiculous if me Andy family. They were not interesting of our problems. Problems of your poor organization about the kitchen. The people the staff take out the food of your clients or can people steal the food. The staff is ridiculous. I'm really disappointed With the hostel London Backpackrs.

• 5th Jul 2015

Laundry time is too bad, no one will use wash machine between 4 to 9! And breakfast time is too short despite only toast and milk. Except that is a good hostel, every bed have own socket and lamp. Free locker is really useful. Staff are kind and helpful. Though location a little bit far away from city centre, it's very close to tube (at zone 3), even I met tube strike out, still had bus can back to hostel.

Our room was way to warm. The staff didn't to seem any near from pleased when we would ask anything. Although the location certainly have its influence on the price, a half-hour trip from the center to the hostel was a bit too much. Óne more thing, when I arrived after the reception was closed they asked me my passport until morning cause I coulnd't pay my stay so late, that's very dangerous since our passport is the only valid document when a person is abroad.

Enjoyed my stay can't complaint for the price I paid. I would recommend and staff were friendly. The sweets at reception sealed the deal for me.

Nice hostel with helpful staff!

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Sweden
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Nice stay at London Backpackers, I loved the beds with curtains, light, little shelf and sockets. The curtains gave a lot of privacy in the 18 bed shared room. Common area in the kitchen a bit small.

Staff were helpful. Rooms were clean. The rooms had no air flow and were very hot and stuffy even when it wasnt warm outside. A fan would be have been appreciated.

Great hostel and value for money! Paid only 12 pounds for a 12 bed dorm with breakfast included. Only thing I found is it was hard to sleep at night as the rooms were hot in the 30+ degree weather (a rare occurrence for London anyway). Loved the privacy curtains and personal light and power outlets above your head. Also if you are staying there for a city adventure I guess it's a little far out but I was just staying the night before my flight home and the local shops were good enough.

Right next to the tube station - very useful! Facilities were great - lockers under the bed for use with your own padlock, or you can rent a larger one by the day. Each bed has a curtain around it, it's own reading light, and several plugs which was really useful. I ended up not using the kitchen after all but it seemed to be well equipped. Breakfast was good for a hostel - a choice of cereals, toast, jam, cheese & biscuits. Even had an iron which was great since I was going to an interview!

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

I liked the light, USB ports, and power sockets at each bed. There were privacy curtains around each bed that were decent but didn't go all the way around. There weren't that many showers or toilets, and the showers had push-buttons so that wasn't so great. Wifi was OK but not great in the room itself. I liked that there was free breakfast and the proximity to the tube. It was very hot in the rooms during the heat wave. Overall it was a pretty decent stay for the price.

• 30th Jun 2015

Great Hostel right next to the Hendon Central Station. Easy to get into the city center with the tube, and the night buses back to the Hostel after a night out. Nice and clean dorm rooms with individual "lockers". Most of the staff speak english, and are very helpful. Would definitely recommend this place!

Cheap accommodation, very small cramped room with graffiti design on walls, dark and gloomy. You literally just have a bed, fan and tele and that's it. Scary and noisy environment inside the hostel, feels like you're on the streets! i only stayed for a day not 3days that i paid for as unrefundable. Awful awful awful

• 29th Jun 2015